PDA

View Full Version : Orange Whip

Pages : [1] 2

GopherNut
12-29-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm not sure if it's a very well known training aid but a friend and former PGA tour player got me hooked on a training aid called the Orange Whip Trainer. It's just that, a whip with an orange ball on the end of it. I have a blue speed stik but this is far superior.

http://www.orangewhiptrainer.com/

There can't be a better device to teach tempo and control throughout the whole swing.

Does anyone else have one and what do you think of it? I just got going with mine and am excited to see what it does for me next summer.

Ole Gray
12-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Pretty cool looking device. I recently started a thread about some Euro Pro who was warming up for his tee shot by holding his driver by the head and making practice swings. I suppose that teaches you to swing in tempo and hear the swish after the club has passed the ball. The orange whip looks like a good tool to teach lag and correct swing tempo.

jjredd24
12-31-2010, 12:15 AM
it seems like a good training device as it has drills and u can see pretty clearly what its trying to achieve

CharlieMoy
12-31-2010, 12:19 AM
It is awesome. Very awkward the first time though

Dent
12-31-2010, 12:42 AM
Every time I visit this thread I keep thinking this is a thread for a new "Cool Whip" flavour.

Colt
03-31-2011, 07:24 AM
Has anybody on this forum seen or used the "orange whip" training aid?
It's basically a giant rubber car antenna with a heavy counter balance weight on the grip and a rubber orange ball on the "clubhead" side.
I'm not going to give any thoughts on it as I only swung it twice in the store. However, it did seem to make you use a steady and fluid tempo or else it would bounce around all crazy-like.

Colt
03-31-2011, 08:22 AM
Guess I got merged. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

MattyKrack17
03-31-2011, 08:59 AM
I was thinkin of an orange car lol

bogey_russ
03-31-2011, 09:39 AM
one of our LPGA instructors uses this and the orange peel as training aids

DawgDaddy
03-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but would this not be superior because of the ability to actually hit balls? http://www.tempomaster.com/

gfb107
03-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but would this not be superior because of the ability to actually hit balls? http://www.tempomaster.com/

The Orange Whip is very heavy, although balanced. The claim is that it can be used as a conditioning tool (building strength and flexibility) in addition to a swing trainer.

rrpruett
04-02-2011, 12:47 AM
So many training aids so little time. :sidefrown:

Austin0lsen
04-02-2011, 01:07 AM
these things are great, they really helped me out when i first started playing golf

qwagmire
04-03-2011, 11:52 PM
I might buy one, but the first time I tried it I almost hurt myself. My tempo is crap

Nuevo_eph
05-02-2011, 04:15 PM
I broke down and bought one on golfsmith using a 15% off coupon and free shipping. I'll update later after I get it and use it.

DawgDaddy
05-02-2011, 05:27 PM

The Orange Whip is very heavy, although balanced. The claim is that it can be used as a conditioning tool (building strength and flexibility) in addition to a swing trainer.

Gotcha, that makes sense, and also makes them different.

Spaceman_Spiff
05-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Every time I visit this thread I keep thinking this is a thread for a new "Cool Whip" flavour.

See, I figured something to do with Rickie or perhaps some ridiculous orange sports car.

bogey_russ
05-02-2011, 08:27 PM
momentus has a copy cat item called the speed whoosh and its cheaper... going for $80

GopherNut
05-09-2011, 10:13 AM
I've swung the Momentus Speed Woosh and would definitely prefer the orange whip to it. The whoosh didn't have the weight of the whip and had just a fraction of the flex. The flex or whip is what gives the orange whip its advantage and training ability to teach tempo and lag. I'm thinking a product review on this might be in order.

m-910
05-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Not sure how different the two are but I had a softball hitting tool that looked exactly the same.

http://sklz.com/softball-training-aids/softball-batting-trainer/quickswing-px4

http://sklz.com/sports-training/fastpitch/swing-trainers/-4

Both are under $50 though i think the swing aid is much longer than the golf one.

JNRadio
05-09-2011, 11:17 AM
"Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips!"

Nuevo_eph
05-16-2011, 11:01 AM
Well I finally "whipped" out the video cam and did a quick review of the Orange Whip. Did I say quick? Yeah, I even left a typo in.

In short, I really like the training aid. I find that it helps on tempo, swing plane, balance, and strength - 4 areas anybody could improve I bet.

A couple of notes: I should have bumped up the volume a bit before exporting it, so be prepared to turn up your speakers a little. My wife would just say I mumble, though. Finally, I couldn't resist wearing my NM shirt to match my avatar!

http://vimeo.com/23793337

Hope you enjoyed it,

Eph (rhymes w/ chief)

bogey_russ
05-17-2011, 07:47 AM
nice vid... ive been leaning towards buying this since one of the pros at work has it as a teaching aid

DawgDaddy
05-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Great video, well made and the background is absolutely beautiful. Good info shared here N_e, thanks.

ejones1961
05-17-2011, 11:49 AM
Great video. Thanks for the info.

Nuevo_eph
05-17-2011, 12:25 PM
nice vid... ive been leaning towards buying this since one of the pros at work has it as a teaching aid

Thanks. Some of the most interested people have been my local pros and I told them they can borrow it whenever they want to.

McKillian
05-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Great vid! It looks a lot better than the speed sleeve I bought. It kind of stiffens up the shaft and mess up the feel when swinging. Might go for a whip later this year. thanks N_E!

pjcedog
05-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Something I can swing in the house at midnight when I am up thinking about the swing and not break anything with it, or break the club! Great idea.

cg13
05-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Good review- thanks for sharing. I thought you spoke very clearly and covered pros and cons well.

Btw what is a Nuevo eph?

Fairway2Green
05-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks for taking the time Nuevo.

Nuevo_eph
05-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Good review- thanks for sharing. I thought you spoke very clearly and covered pros and cons well.

Btw what is a Nuevo eph?

Thanks.

Nuevo_Eph is a spin or pun off of my name. My first name is Ephraim ("E-From") but I go by Eph, which rhymes with chief. Nuevo comes from New Mexico (aka Neuvo Mexico).

Nuevo_eph
05-21-2011, 12:52 PM
A little update - I passed the review and my thoughts on our great website to Jim Hackenberg, the Orange Whip creator. He offered to sell me the ladie's whip at PGA cost so I'll update this thread at a later date with my wife's thoughts along with my thoughts on the use of the shorter version.

Cool stuff & thanks Jim!

Eph

m-910
05-21-2011, 03:05 PM
smart man for sending the owner your review....can't wait to hear/see her thoughts on the item.

Little Bertha
05-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Tried it at a golf expo, seemed interesting, but a bit awkward. Contemplated buying one, couldn't pull the trigger.

GopherNut
05-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Great review. I've been meaning to write up something but your video does it more justice than I could do in a page of writing. Like you said, the club pro at my home course has since bought one to use in pretty much all of his lessons.

jnug
05-25-2011, 02:06 AM
I just got one as I think it could be a very useful long term tool for improving balance, shaft lean, weight transfer and tempo. From one day to the next finding my tempo and my groove is the biggest issue for me. I would love to make that a more natural event as opposed to something I am working so hard at every day. There are a number of devices that attack these issues one at a time. I think this might finally be one that you can use each day to cover all of those bases.

Not sure I would really like something that you can hit balls with as I think I would rather go from something like this to an actual golf club to hit balls. I could see myself creating as many problems as I am solving trying to hit golf balls with something with as much whip in the shaft as these things.

bdog01
05-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the review, I just bought one of these off eBay for $100 with free shipping. They still have a few left.

Orange Whip (http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ORANGE-WHIP-GOLF-SWING-AID-TRAINING-ADULT-SIZE-/390317687832?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae0bf4418#ht_720wt_1140)

jnug
05-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Mine just arrived.

One thing I notice quickly is that the full swing drill really helps you feel connected and on balance through the entire swing. It just about forces you to maintain good tempo and keep you head behind the ball. It is so easy to get your upper body out ahead of your lower body in the golf swing but I don't think you can successfully swing an Orange Whip that way.

I don't wonder if one useful transitional step would be to take it to the range with you and take a series of swings with it before going to your clubs. I will surely try it at some point when I feel ready.

rmumph1
05-27-2011, 05:29 PM
So many training aids out there. Maybe I should give it a go

jnug
05-27-2011, 05:57 PM
It is all that weight out at the end of the whip that forces you to stay on tempo. While I don't think one would swing it hard enough to get pulled entirely over, it will pull you out of balance if you do not swing it properly. There is a video at their web site of a guy using it to get the correct feel for swinging from side hill lies. In his video he does get pulled off his feet when he swings it improperly. Obviously the side hill lie makes it much easier to get all that momentum going the wrong way.

I should also add that I bought the "trainer" which is the longest of them. I thought I would mention it because I am right at 5'6". I would think that for any male golfer of reasonable strength committed enough to be a participant here even with limited experience I would be inclined to think you would want the trainer in order to get the most out of it. It does not feel heavy to me although I can feel the weight of it. I suspect that you have to feel the weight of it to get the benefit.

prenymo
05-29-2011, 06:23 PM
sounds delicious. also probably a great off-season aid

Nuevo_eph
05-29-2011, 08:40 PM
It just about forces you to maintain good tempo and keep you head behind the ball. It is so easy to get your upper body out ahead of your lower body in the golf swing but I don't think you can successfully swing an Orange Whip that way.

I don't wonder if one useful transitional step would be to take it to the range with you and take a series of swings with it before going to your clubs. I will surely try it at some point when I feel ready.

You hit on my next progress point and I will also add that taking this to range is amazing. Combine it with an easy swing warmup to groove a smooth tempo and then hit the orange whip and you'll be amazed. Your driver will feel like a feather!

jnug
06-01-2011, 09:18 PM
I am amazed at how effective the OW is at getting you back on tempo quickly. I am also a bit peeved at myself as I can get off the beaten path pretty easily. I have not been working with it that long but I am definitely going to have to develop some tools that help me retain the tempo I am building with the OW when I am swinging my clubs. It will stick for awhile but if I stay away from it too long it begins to show. I can actually say the same thing for the Tour Striker. If I stay away from it for too long that begins to show as well.

I am very happy with the results from using both the Tour Striker and the Orange Whip. While they do different things you definitely get a benefit along the lines of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. I just have to stick to them a build a good program of swing maintenance around them. That said in reality this is what I really like about using these two tools together. I do think I will be able to build a regimen that will allow me to get back to good ball striking fairly quickly when I stray. Notice I said when, not if. I think the jury is in on whether or not I will stray. I am guilty as charged. In the past I would start to work on all sorts of things to get back and often caused more problems than I solved.

My anxiety level is way down as well since I am confident that these two tools will pull me back from the cliff edge before I leap off.

Nuevo_eph
06-02-2011, 02:54 PM
My wife's Golden OW arrived today and I look forward to posting her thoughts on it in the next week or so.

jnug
06-14-2011, 05:59 PM
I have something more to add that may be helpful to folks that own one of these, particular for guys that have the full length model.

I have noticed that if you choke down on the full length model, you get more of a feeling for an iron swing. The feeling you emulate immediately is a consequence of the length of OW out of your hands. You can really choke down a long way and still be on he grip of the OW.Since you have less OW out there you immediately get the feel of a shorter swing and the need to strike irons with a descending blow. While I am sure that one could just buy the shorter model if he wanted to in an odd sort of way it is helpful to me that I am just choking down on the same OW. I think it is because all I have to look at is having shorted up the length of the device by choking down on it yet it forces the feeling of a more aggressive attack on the ball, a less deliberate attack on the ball which without question an iron swing is when compared to a driver swing.

I have to admit it is one of the most helpful tools I have ever come across at least for those of us that tend to get a little quick with our swings. I think too quick is more common by far than too deliberate. I am not even sure you could be too deliberate unless it caused you to get your body and your arms out of sync.

leediddy
08-15-2011, 03:46 AM
Um... is it bad to have 2 of them? :) I have the gold(irons) and the white(regular) one. Got the gold one 1st but prefer the white one nowadays. If anyone is interested in the gold one let me know. But I use the Orange Whip religiously at the range and on the course for warming up. I definitely think they have helped my tempo and swing this past year compared to other training aids Ive used.

spin240
08-16-2011, 09:06 PM
I have been seriously thinking of getting one.
My balance is bad. Ok awful.
I'm going to give the bay a shot. I hate buying anything full price. :)

Thanks Guys

Spin

Grinder
10-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Positives: Improves tempo/timing, Eliminates over the top swings, Loosens you up and Well built.

Negative: $ 109

I have used my Orange Whip for the past 8 months and must say: "It is my favorite swing trainer" Easy to use and Uncomplicated.

I now only practice with 2 swing tools. I use the Orange whip before every round and I practice with a Sklz Swing Glove at the range to keep my left wrist firm.

Grinder

bogey_russ
10-06-2011, 06:25 PM
i love the orange whip and i use/borrow my teaching pros all the time

Puttin4Bird
03-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Check out the press release below. I am very interested in this device, I think it looks like a great training aid. Anyone use one before?

WGC CADILLAC CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER RELIES ON ORANGE WHIP TRAINER® IN PRACTICE AND FITNESS REGIMENS

EASLEY S.C. — The Orange Whip Trainer®, one of the fastest growing training aids and fitness devices on the PGA TOUR, chalked up its third worldwide Tour win of 2012 this weekend at the WGC Cadillac Championship at Doral Resort and Spa. The winner, who relies on the Orange Whip Trainer in his practice and fitness regimens, closed with a 2-under par 70, to win by one shot – recording his fourth career PGA TOUR victory.

The Orange Whip Trainer is the ultimate golf swing trainer and fitness device for golfers. The precision designed tool combines a counter-weighting system and flexible shaft that work in unison to fuel the natural golf swing motion unique to each individual. The Orange Whip excels in helping golfers find their ideal swing plane, creating optimal lag, achieving perfect sequence of motion, promoting balance throughout the swing and building core muscle strength.

Every week, more than 150 players on the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour, Nationwide Tour and LPGA Tour make the Orange Whip Trainer part of their practice and fitness regimens. None of these professional golfers are paid an endorsement fee to use the Orange Whip Trainer; on the contrary, anyone who uses the device is required to purchase it. They choose the Orange Whip Trainer for one reason – it works.

http://www.orangewhiptrainer.com/img/logo.gif

runpuddrun
03-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Yep, i use mine all the time. Great for tempo work and an awesome warmup to a round or a range session.

runpuddrun
03-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Check out the press release below. I am very interested in this device, I think it looks like a great training aid. Anyone use one before?

WGC CADILLAC CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER RELIES ON ORANGE WHIP TRAINER® IN PRACTICE AND FITNESS REGIMENS

EASLEY S.C. — The Orange Whip Trainer®, one of the fastest growing training aids and fitness devices on the PGA TOUR, chalked up its third worldwide Tour win of 2012 this weekend at the WGC Cadillac Championship at Doral Resort and Spa. The winner, who relies on the Orange Whip Trainer in his practice and fitness regimens, closed with a 2-under par 70, to win by one shot – recording his fourth career PGA TOUR victory.

The Orange Whip Trainer is the ultimate golf swing trainer and fitness device for golfers. The precision designed tool combines a counter-weighting system and flexible shaft that work in unison to fuel the natural golf swing motion unique to each individual. The Orange Whip excels in helping golfers find their ideal swing plane, creating optimal lag, achieving perfect sequence of motion, promoting balance throughout the swing and building core muscle strength.

Every week, more than 150 players on the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour, Nationwide Tour and LPGA Tour make the Orange Whip Trainer part of their practice and fitness regimens. None of these professional golfers are paid an endorsement fee to use the Orange Whip Trainer; on the contrary, anyone who uses the device is required to purchase it. They choose the Orange Whip Trainer for one reason – it works.

http://www.orangewhiptrainer.com/img/logo.gif

You can also find them on the bay for cheaper than the advertised price.

Puttin4Bird
03-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Yep, i use mine all the time. Great for tempo work and an awesome warmup to a round or a range session.
I'm definitely very intrigued by this device. Watching the guy use it on the video on their website makes it look like it would be a great device for helping with tempo and help you achieve a nice fluid swing.

Chunkylover77
03-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Ive been pondering the OW for a while now. I'm wondering if the Swinkey could be used the same way

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

bogey_russ
03-12-2012, 11:57 PM
i use the whip in combo with the speed whoosh... the whip forces you to swing in sequence

runpuddrun
03-13-2012, 12:02 AM
i use the whip in combo with the speed whoosh... the whip forces you to swing in sequence
This. I think this is why it is so great. You have to swing in sequence with the correct tempo or you'll be throwing that thing around like a rag doll.

bogey_russ
03-13-2012, 12:05 AM
its not fun bouncing the sucker off the ground cuz you are forcing it to swing out of sequence hahaha

GopherNut
03-13-2012, 01:49 PM
I use mine before every round. If I'm not in a competitive round I'll break it out in the middle of a round if I'm struggling to find my tempo or if I feel I'm out of plane/coming over the top/coming from the inside-out too much.

It requires tempo, a flat plane and balance to swing it correctly. If you're missing any of those 3 components, you'll know it immediately.

My speed stik is for sale because the orange whip has replaced it for good.

Bags
03-13-2012, 05:48 PM
It's easily one of the best training aids available! I was introduced to it by a golf professional (touring pro) in 2011 and definitely believe it has helped! Money well spent...

Gianna1025
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
With three models to choose from which one would be best? Each one simulates a different motion it looks like. One for driver, mid iron and wedge. Would the original be best and does it translate through the entire bag?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GopherNut
03-13-2012, 08:53 PM
With three models to choose from which one would be best? Each one simulates a different motion it looks like. One for driver, mid iron and wedge. Would the original be best and does it translate through the entire bag?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, I'd go with the original if you're over 5'3" or so and/or can swing over about 70mph. My understanding is the smaller two models are a women's and youth version.

Also, I find that when I have bad tempo, it affects my 100 wedge just as much as my driver. At the range, I'll swing the whip, hit the wedge, whip, hit a mid-iron, whip, driver. If you can keep the same tempo and general plane through the whole set, from what I've read, heard and learned is that you'll be better off for it.

Rusty
03-13-2012, 08:56 PM
A teaching pro here in Atlanta uses one with her students quite a bit. I have seen her using it with kids and they all seem to be having a ball slinging that thing around. It IS a little over priced, though.

bogey_russ
03-14-2012, 12:26 AM
yeah i think they could cut the price in half and make a killing

runpuddrun
03-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I agree they are overpriced but if you wait and lurk on ebay you can get a nice deal. I got one for less than half of retail shipped.

Damaikis
03-14-2012, 01:07 AM
One of my local pro shops has these. They look really cool. I want to see about picking one up next time I go there. I'll have to see how much they're charging though.

Colt
03-14-2012, 06:18 AM
Will probably evilbay one of these when the opportunity presents itself.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

runpuddrun
03-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Will probably evilbay one of these when the opportunity presents itself.

That's what I did, I had to wait a few weeks until one presented itself to me. I went with the longest version, the Mens driver I believe.

bajapalm
04-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Been looking at these for a while and was going to get one, but I overheard and saw the local pros at my range saying something about another one being better - I am not sure why but the ones they had were yellow - I looked at golfsmith and saw one called sklz gold flex for $70.
Anyone have any info on how these two compare??
Thanks
http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30050343/sklz-gold-flex-strength-and-tempo-trainer

Colt
04-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Sklz specializes in ripping off other designs and making lower quality versions on the cheap.

Saw one of their "impact bags" the other day in the golf store. It was smaller and made of poor materials compared to the original. And have used one of their putting greens? Blech!!!

bajapalm
04-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Sklz specializes in ripping off other designs and making lower quality versions on the cheap.

Saw one of their "impact bags" the other day in the golf store. It was smaller and made of poor materials compared to the original. And have used one of their putting greens? Blech!!!

Thanks - next time at the range I am just going to go ask the pros what the deal is

FrankA
04-21-2012, 03:01 PM
The Orange Whip folks were at the demo days today and I was eager to speak with them. I have been hitting my irons well but my tempo with my driver and getting stuck a bit was messing with my longer club hitting. I was the only one at their tent so I got a great demo and got a chance to get warmed up with the whip. First thoughts is that it's heavy and is going to be a bit of a work out when practicing with it. This should strengthen the old core and hopefully lead to some more distance. I also think it's really going to help with my balance, one from increasing muscle strength, but also from improving my tempo with the longer clubs. So after I got warmed up I went down the line and hit a bunch of clubs today. My swings with the hybrids and drivers was slightly better than yesterday, especially with a better tempo and I went back and swung it a few more times and again had improved results. Given the positives I found with it I picked one up.

runpuddrun
04-21-2012, 09:11 PM
The Orange Whip folks were at the demo days today and I was eager to speak with them. I have been hitting my irons well but my tempo with my driver and getting stuck a bit was messing with my longer club hitting. I was the only one at their tent so I got a great demo and got a chance to get warmed up with the whip. First thoughts is that it's heavy and is going to be a bit of a work out when practicing with it. This should strengthen the old core and hopefully lead to some more distance. I also think it's really going to help with my balance, one from increasing muscle strength, but also from improving my tempo with the longer clubs. So after I got warmed up I went down the line and hit a bunch of clubs today. My swings with the hybrids and drivers was slightly better than yesterday, especially with a better tempo and I went back and swung it a few more times and again had improved results. Given the positives I found with it I picked one up.

Good call! I like and use mine on a regular basis still. Great tool and really helps with driver tempo and not getting ahead of myself IMHO.

Chunkylover77
04-21-2012, 09:18 PM

Nice writeup Frank! I have been pondering the OW for a while now

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

FrankA
04-21-2012, 09:24 PM
I think it's really going to help CL. I went out and used it 3 separate times today. Both right and left handed. You can easily tell when you are not transitioning well and given its weight it pulls you off balance as well.

Tapatalk

FrankA
04-25-2012, 09:17 PM
Ive been orange whipping it everyday now for a the last five days. Can't wait to hit the range tomorrow and see if it pays off. This thing does help you learn to swing the big muscles. I am thinking a positive report will be made tomorrow.

Tapatalk

Jersey Nate
04-25-2012, 09:26 PM
I really am intrigued about the OW. Can't wait for more feedback, Frank!

runpuddrun
04-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Ive been orange whipping it everyday now for a the last five days. Can't wait to hit the range tomorrow and see if it pays off. This thing does help you learn to swing the big muscles. I am thinking a positive report will be made tomorrow.

Tapatalk

I really am intrigued about the OW. Can't wait for more feedback, Frank!

While you're right that it can help with the swinging muscles, it's developing the correct tempo and smoothing out the swing where the perfection is in this aid. I love mine, really valuable. When I go to the range, I always take the Orange Whip, Tour Striker, and Pure Ball striker.

FrankA
04-26-2012, 12:53 PM
While you're right that it can help with the swinging muscles, it's developing the correct tempo and smoothing out the swing where the perfection is in this aid. I love mine, really valuable. When I go to the range, I always take the Orange Whip, Tour Striker, and Pure Ball striker.

Yes, agree completely. Teaches great delivery of the club.

Tapatalk

bajapalm
04-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Anyone have a direct comparison with the yellow one that I see everywhere its the SKLZ model?

Colt
04-30-2012, 06:25 AM
Anyone have a direct comparison with the yellow one that I see everywhere its the SKLZ model?

This is my post in this thread earlier about the SKLZ equipment. They are almost always a cheap ripoff of a good idea. Your gonna get what you pay for and usually their stuff wears out/breaks easily. And I don't think it works quite the same. If they put the same thing out as OW then I'm sure they'd be sued in short order. Something's more than likely different, and probably not in a good way.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

JohnEB
04-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Oops -- I came here thinking this was about the Blues Brothers (John Candy :"Who wants an Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips!)"

bajapalm
04-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks Colt, I was just wondering what any differences were in actual use. eg: is one whippier, longer, better/worse etc. for any reason? I am not familiar with either company but do remember seeing orange whips in the past and now I keep seeing the yellow ones. Maybe it's just the range I go to all the time.

This is my post in this thread earlier about the SKLZ equipment. They are almost always a cheap ripoff of a good idea. Your gonna get what you pay for and usually their stuff wears out/breaks easily. And I don't think it works quite the same. If they put the same thing out as OW then I'm sure they'd be sued in short order. Something's more than likely different, and probably not in a good way.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

ehamady.6
04-23-2014, 08:20 PM
I gotta try this. First saw one in Graeme McDowell's bag on tv.

Game-inglove
06-21-2014, 03:23 PM
I have the orange whip and it is an excellent training aid especially for teaching tempo and transition. If you transition too fast or out of sequence you will immediately feel the weight difference and it will feel very odd. Of course you need a golf swing, grip and relatively decent mechanics beforehand for it to work properly! And, be careful swinging it in the house, my kitchen can attest to that!

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
06-21-2014, 03:26 PM
The more I read about this the more I need one

mychalm
06-28-2014, 03:01 PM
Very nice looking tool.

IceyShanks
06-29-2014, 12:02 AM
The more I read about this the more I need one
I felt the same way, thank goodness Taylor had one I could purchase from him.

I loved using it before my round today.

Titleistforlife
06-29-2014, 12:33 AM
I've had one for a couple years now...Great tool...

iSukGolf
06-29-2014, 12:57 AM
You ever have one of those conversations ... It's not you ... It's me ... You know they never end good :D

For ME and me only, I did not see the bang for the buck ... I readily admit maybe I just was not doing it right ... I watched and swung along with the video ...

It certainly loosened me up ... But I don't need $100 tool for that ... Obviously I suk and don't try to hide that fact ... But I did not find the tempo ... I could easily swing it different ways with out getting off balance

the best exercise for me was gripping the whip below the handle, but again I felt for me, I did not need the whip to do that ...

Again ... For me ... I did not get it ... Maybe my expectations was too high ... I took it back ...

Not trying to knock the whip or those that find value ... Just giving a different view

who knows as I get better and progress maybe I will give it another shot ...

Dear whip ... It's not you ... it's me ... But I still love ya ... You will make someone else very happy I am sure of it ...

IceyShanks
06-29-2014, 03:53 PM
I found these quite helpful!
http://www.orangewhiptrainer.com/technique.php

IceyShanks
06-29-2014, 03:59 PM
http://youtu.be/yzOUGvdGPSU

WardF
06-29-2014, 10:11 PM

I LOVE that his name is Jim HACKENberg!

Canadan
06-29-2014, 10:16 PM

I really like this video Icey!!! It's a great representation of what the device can do.

I'll be giving it a full go this week to see if it improves my timing a bit.

IceyShanks
06-30-2014, 12:47 PM
After trying the twist and forearm rotation drills yesterday I'm seeing even more use for this, I can't wait to add it to the pre round routine this weekend!

Stribs
06-30-2014, 12:50 PM
Been pondering this training aid for a while now, and after using CJ's and GolfinFF's on the range on two different days in Ocean City (just grabbed it from their bags without asking, which they were okay with...I think), I am now seriously searching for one of these.

The weighted end is just amazing for swinging and getting loose, while the length is great for doing stretching all around.

What a great training aid!

WardF
07-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Been pondering this training aid for a while now, and after using CJ's and GolfinFF's on the range on two different days in Ocean City (just grabbed it from their bags without asking, which they were okay with...I think), I am now seriously searching for one of these.

The weighted end is just amazing for swinging and getting loose, while the length is great for doing stretching all around.

What a great training aid!

That was what putt me over the edge as well-testing it in person. I had the Skilz already and it was a dust gatherer in my garage, but I went to a store that had both on demo and got to swing the smaller versions and just fell in love with the feel. Unlike the dust gathering typical training aids, this sits in my game room area and gets swung several times a week, often when I am on Conference calls working from home.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
07-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Broke down and bought this today. At my first lesson my new pro suggested it to help me stop from coming over the top and to make my takeaway more consistent. Can't wait to use it regularly and see how much it impacts my game.

bajapalm
07-03-2014, 12:54 AM
like to hear how this goes for you!

WardF was the Skilz that much different?

WardF
07-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Broke down and bought this today. At my first lesson my new pro suggested it to help me stop from coming over the top and to make my takeaway more consistent. Can't wait to use it regularly and see how much it impacts my game.

Awesome to hear. He is spot on in his assessment also! By forcing you to work from the ground up backswing and downswing it naturally helps correct the issues you mentioned.

WardF
07-03-2014, 01:02 AM
like to hear how this goes for you!

WardF was the Skilz that much different?

The skilz does not feel as balanced for me. I have the 38 and 44 OW now which gives me iron and woods feel.

Honestly if you are just using it to warm up before a round and not doing all the drills from the video either would work to warm up and gain flexibility--I just much prefer the OW balance and feel through the swing.

bajapalm
07-03-2014, 01:03 AM
If you were to just have one would you go 44"?

WardF
07-03-2014, 01:06 AM
If you were to just have one would you go 44"?

Just one I would go 38 actually, fits with more roofs indoors and most of my swings are closer to that length. Just my opinion though hopefully you can find a place that has both and you can test which you would prefer.

bajapalm
07-03-2014, 01:07 AM
Thanks! I need one!

Rambler
07-03-2014, 04:18 PM
I'll be purchasing one of these, today. Will really help with my tempo and warm-ups.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
07-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Used this today and felt like it helped me extend on my takeaway big time

IceyShanks
07-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Used this today and felt like it helped me extend on my takeaway big time
Do you think that's a swing or stretch thing?

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
07-06-2014, 04:22 AM
Do you think that's a swing or stretch thing?

Both. It forces me to get more shoulder rotation which is a big swing flaw of mine. I overuse my hands and arms and don't rotate my trunk.

IceyShanks
07-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Both. It forces me to get more shoulder rotation which is a big swing flaw of mine. I overuse my hands and arms and don't rotate my trunk.

Trunk rotation is key for me as well.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
07-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Trunk rotation is key for me as well.

This has been an awesome purchase for that

BuckeyeMark
07-07-2014, 11:31 PM
I'm using it regularly as I work on Stack and Tilt. It's pretty awesome to be able to practice your swing at the office!

IceyShanks
07-08-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm using it regularly as I work on Stack and Tilt. It's pretty awesome to be able to practice your swing at the office!
Which length are you using?

BRISTOL86
07-10-2014, 07:43 AM
Can this be used indoors or is it too long? I can't practice my swing in my apartment as I hit the lights even with a short iron!

Also does anyone know a reasonably priced UK stockist of this?

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
07-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Can this be used indoors or is it too long? I can't practice my swing in my apartment as I hit the lights even with a short iron!

Also does anyone know a reasonably priced UK stockist of this?

In your case I don't think you'll be able to use it inside then. It is awesome though.

ryebread
07-10-2014, 10:19 AM

Did he give you drills for both? These are two huge problems with my swing. Fix these two and add in more rotation (trunk) and I'll be where I can realistically expect to get. I'm hoping the OW can get me there.

BRISTOL86
07-10-2014, 10:58 AM
In your case I don't think you'll be able to use it inside then. It is awesome though.

Not the end of the world. There is a park a few minutes drive away (though god knows what non-golfers will think I'm doing!) :laugh:

And of course there is the driving range also which is where I imagine a lot of users of this product use it.

IceyShanks
07-10-2014, 11:39 AM

Did he give you drills for both? These are two huge problems with my swing. Fix these two and add in more rotation (trunk) and I'll be where I can realistically expect to get. I'm hoping the OW can get me there.

Some good info in that video.

Agent Jay
07-10-2014, 12:05 PM
This might be a good training aide for me since I haven't been able to get to the range much lately.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
07-10-2014, 01:13 PM

He did- but he also said swinging this regularly would go more than any drill I could do specifically for these two issues

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
07-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Not the end of the world. There is a park a few minutes drive away (though god knows what non-golfers will think I'm doing!) :laugh:

And of course there is the driving range also which is where I imagine a lot of users of this product use it.

Makes sense. It really has helped me. Especially with my transition

arydolphin
07-10-2014, 01:15 PM
I need to get back to swinging mine. I'm starting to get too handsy again on the takeaway and it puts me in bad positions on the backswing. Hopefully swinging this every day will get me back to having the hands/arms more connected with the body.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
07-10-2014, 01:17 PM
I need to get back to swinging mine. I'm starting to get too handsy again on the takeaway and it puts me in bad positions on the backswing. Hopefully swinging this every day will get me back to having the hands/arms more connected with the body.

So far man, I have been shocked at how much it has helped me. I'm usually pretty much a disbeliever when it comes to training tools. This one has me sold.

majBC
07-10-2014, 02:36 PM

I would think if you use this with the impact ball it could be a real double dip. I think it would help with the turn, connection and tempo.

tee one up 4 me
07-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Now I see something else I need to buy.<><

Grins
07-12-2014, 08:05 PM
So far man, I have been shocked at how much it has helped me. I'm usually pretty much a disbeliever when it comes to training tools. This one has me sold.

Hmmm, now you've got me wondering. I got my Orange Whip just before I went to SeeMore in June, but I've just been swinging it to loosen up before my rounds, not really doing any specific exercises with it. But somehow in the last two rounds I'm hitting my driver longer & more accurately, and with a little draw! Could this be due to the OW? I'm going to do some actual daily exercises with this & see what happens.

Grins
07-15-2014, 04:41 PM
I made a couple of minor changes to my grip, and warmed up using my Orange Whip exercises at the first tee, & went out this morning & shot a personal best 93! And it should've been lower! I was hitting everything much longer & missed 2 par threes long & ended up having to punch out from under pine trees , so essentially hit two really solid shots that went right at the pin & ended up with a 5 & a 6 because I was stymied under the bushes. Just a huge, huge breakthrough for me:

9/14 fairways hit (and all with a nice draw that was about 30 yards farther than my typical drive). Best of the day: I drew my longest drive (250-ish?) and ended up 140 yards on the #1 handicap hole (dogleg left - the equivalent of a 300 yard drive because I cut the corner. I have never done this before, but today I hit it right where I was aiming all day!)

2 GIR, but 7 "Near GIR", NGIR defined as being within 10 yards of the green (but not in a trap or in trouble) and with a good chance of getting up & down. My chipping & pitching from 50 yards & in was very good - I stopped the ball within 6 feet multiple times!

5 pars and putts for par on 6 other holes (I was using a new putter, so I expect some of these would drop otherwise).

And...drumroll please...I beat my father-in-law for the first time (even with him using multiple mulligans)!

NOW - to be fair, I can't tell how much of this (if any) was due to the Orange Whip, but since I got it, I've changed from a weak slice to a pretty good draw. I really think The OW has a lot to do with my overall tempo & swing plane improving to encourage a slight hit from the inside.

Whatever the reason, I am really psyched at the improvement! You can bet I'll be doing my daily exercises with the OW from now on!

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
07-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Since I bought this, I feel like my swing is more consistent than at any other time in my life. This addition has really made a difference for me.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
07-15-2014, 05:46 PM
I made a couple of minor changes to my grip, and warmed up using my Orange Whip exercises at the first tee, & went out this morning & shot a personal best 93! And it should've been lower! I was hitting everything much longer & missed 2 par threes long & ended up having to punch out from under pine trees , so essentially hit two really solid shots that went right at the pin & ended up with a 5 & a 6 because I was stymied under the bushes. Just a huge, huge breakthrough for me:

9/14 fairways hit (and all with a nice draw that was about 30 yards farther than my typical drive). Best of the day: I drew my longest drive (250-ish?) and ended up 140 yards on the #1 handicap hole (dogleg left - the equivalent of a 300 yard drive because I cut the corner. I have never done this before, but today I hit it right where I was aiming all day!)

2 GIR, but 7 "Near GIR", NGIR defined as being within 10 yards of the green (but not in a trap or in trouble) and with a good chance of getting up & down. My chipping & pitching from 50 yards & in was very good - I stopped the ball within 6 feet multiple times!

5 pars and putts for par on 6 other holes (I was using a new putter, so I expect some of these would drop otherwise).

And...drumroll please...I beat my father-in-law for the first time (even with him using multiple mulligans)!

NOW - to be fair, I can't tell how much of this (if any) was due to the Orange Whip, but since I got it, I've changed from a weak slice to a pretty good draw. I really think The OW has a lot to do with my overall tempo & swing plane improving to encourage a slight hit from the inside.

Whatever the reason, I am really psyched at the improvement! You can bet I'll be doing my daily exercises with the OW from now on!

Love reading this! Glad it is working for you my man!

Grins
07-15-2014, 10:44 PM
Love reading this! Glad it is working for you my man!

I will say that this has been darn-near magical! I never expected such a night-and-day difference. And the Orange Whip seems to be the main variable that has changed. Now to see if I can keep this up & lower my HC.

garethw
07-16-2014, 02:26 AM

What exercises are you doing with now? I picked one up last week. After a session at my local range with my normal instructor and one of the pros, they had me using an orange whip to try and increase my club head speed and tempo which worked with quite an increase in speed, my shot shape also went from slice / fade to fade / straightish but with an increase in distance. This also seems to have moved into my irons as well.

Just curious to know what you are doing daily with it or any specific?

BuckeyeMark
07-18-2014, 12:05 PM
What exercises are you doing with now? I picked one up last week. After a session at my local range with my normal instructor and one of the pros, they had me using an orange whip to try and increase my club head speed and tempo which worked with quite an increase in speed, my shot shape also went from slice / fade to fade / straightish but with an increase in distance. This also seems to have moved into my irons as well.

can you elaborate on this exercise you're doing to increase club head speed? I'd like to do that too. Thanks.

Boston_golfer
07-18-2014, 12:56 PM
I don't have the orange whip, I have the "other one". But they are pretty identical. I got a good stretch on the practice green using one, then swung it by the first tee waiting my turn, and have the best round ever. My drives were a little shorter than usual, but much straighter. I even his my 3 wood a couple times, and I ALWAYS shank that....

This is going to be part of my nightly routine now. 5-10 minutes of stretching and swinging.

Grins
07-18-2014, 01:29 PM

can you elaborate on this exercise you're doing to increase club head speed? I'd like to do that too. Thanks.

I'm just doing the basic exercises listed on their site:

Here are several videos showing their technique:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygwXWME6l_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVWG06HeygQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoChSqN8q5k

I am just starting to do this on a daily basis, so after a week or two I'll update any changes I've seen. So far, though, I am very encouraged!

garethw
07-18-2014, 09:06 PM

It was nothing specific. All they were trying to get me to do was get a woosh sound on the upward swing. I was having a very steep down angle of attack, to try and shallow that out we were trying to get the woosh as the orange ball was passing were the golf ball would be. This explanation is probably as clear as mud :dont-know:.

WardF
07-19-2014, 01:36 AM
I will say that this has been darn-near magical! I never expected such a night-and-day difference. And the Orange Whip seems to be the main variable that has changed. Now to see if I can keep this up & lower my HC.

Glad you had the same feeling I did when starting it--anytime I feel "off" I go back to the basics with grip, setup, and then use the whip to feel it all in tempo.

BuckeyeMark
07-19-2014, 11:28 AM
Which length are you using?

sorry - did not see this question till now. I have the standard OW. I think that's 44 isn't it?

grathan
07-19-2014, 08:11 PM
I sometimes play my best golf when the muscles used in the golf swing have had plenty of healing time. Like 2 weeks off. I wonder if a training aid like this would be counter-productive at times?

DawgDaddy
07-19-2014, 08:30 PM
I sometimes play my best golf when the muscles used in the golf swing have had plenty of healing time. Like 2 weeks off. I wonder if a training aid like this would be counter-productive at times?
Good question, I play year round and rarely take over 3 or 4 days off in a row. Interested to see what others have to say.

grathan
07-19-2014, 09:35 PM
I bet if you play every 3 days it wouldn't matter. Probably better to be stronger. Slouch like me it might detract to warm up before a round. Just ordered one so I'll post my thoughts about my rounds after working out every day.

grathan
07-20-2014, 10:22 AM
One thing I wonder.. If you buy the Large driver version, aren't iron swings and driver swings supposed to be different?

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
07-20-2014, 10:26 AM
One thing I wonder.. If you buy the Large driver version, aren't iron swings and driver swings supposed to be different?

I have the longer one and I just choke down with it for iron reps. I am using it for fixing my takeaway - which transfers to both

IceyShanks
07-20-2014, 10:35 AM
I have the longer one and I just choke down with it for iron reps. I am using it for fixing my takeaway - which transfers to both

Same thing for me as well. Seems to work quite well!

Grins
07-21-2014, 09:59 PM
Well, I've been using the Orange Whip before every round for about a month & trying to do it daily (but I've been hit-and-miss on non-golf days) - and I'm convinced that this thing has dramatically improved my swing. Granted, there was a lot of room for improvement, but what I'm doing seems too simple & too short (timewise) to have this big of an impact. However, I have to admit that most of my clubs are noticeably longer now, & my slice (my go-to shot) has generally been replaced by a slight draw (even the iron shots!)

Club: Old distances: today:
Driver 230ish 250-270ish

3W 180 200

19* h 170 185

5i 155 165-170

These are the ones I can recall off the top of my head. Wedge shots are longer with much less effort - which led to a higher scoretoday because I was airmailing greens.

I think this is certainly worth the cash - it doesn't take much time, and at the very least it's a good way to warm up before the round. I think you'll be surprised how much it helps with your overall swing, too.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
07-21-2014, 11:03 PM
Well, I've been using the Orange Whip before every round for about a month & trying to do it daily (but I've been hit-and-miss on non-golf days) - and I'm convinced that this thing has dramatically improved my swing. Granted, there was a lot of room for improvement, but what I'm doing seems too simple & too short (timewise) to have this big of an impact. However, I have to admit that most of my clubs are noticeably longer now, & my slice (my go-to shot) has generally been replaced by a slight draw (even the iron shots!)

Driver 230ish 250-270ish

3W 180 200

19* h 170 185

5i 155 165-170

These are the ones I can recall off the top of my head. Wedge shots are longer with much less effort - which led to a higher scoretoday because I was airmailing greens.

I think this is certainly worth the cash - it doesn't take much time, and at the very least it's a good way to warm up before the round. I think you'll be surprised how much it helps with your overall swing, too.

Totally agree with everything here.

ryebread
07-23-2014, 05:04 PM
I recently picked up an OW (thanks to a THPer) and the early results are impressive. I immediately picked up an early release problem as well as an issue with the take away being too quick. Between the two, my lag increased virtually instantly.

I'm going to have to work to groove it in and to do anything to lengthen the swing, but it definitely gives you the tactile feedback that is advertised.

It's also great for warming up!

grathan
07-24-2014, 10:36 PM
I used mine for maybe 3 2-minute sessions over the past 2 days now. It's first test was a narrow par 5 today that I normally hit the fairway maybe %20. I tried my best to mimic the Orange Whip swing and I crushed it. It didn't look like it went that far, but it went 30-40 yards past my best usual drives. The difference was the way the ball spun and rolled out on the fairway.

I had some nice drives throughout the round and my typical ball flight has changed. I now hit the left side of the fairway and roll straight instead of either hooking left or fading right.

I also had some bad swings that I hope I can work out. With this new footsy, wristy, powerful swing action I did slice a couple and it was ugly. I never slice it, so I hope that doesn't creep back into my game.

Ag2979
07-24-2014, 10:41 PM
I just picked one up today for. $50. Work has already started .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blazer
07-24-2014, 11:39 PM

Driver 230ish 250-270ish

3W 180 200

19* h 170 185

5i 155 165-170

Do you have a routine you use with the Orange Whip or do you just swing it.

I just got mine today and am looking forward to using it tomorrow.

marshallucf
07-24-2014, 11:58 PM
I just picked one up today for. $50. Work has already started .

Where did you find one for $50?

Ag2979
07-25-2014, 12:00 AM
Guy I used to work with. I knew he had one so I figured I would throw out a price. He took it and it's pretty much new!

Barberakb
07-25-2014, 02:42 AM

Driver 230ish 250-270ish

3W 180 200

19* h 170 185

5i 155 165-170

I'm glad this is working for ya. On another subject. I noticed you have a huge gap between your driver and 3W.
Is that normal for you? I mean a gap is normal but 60 yards is pretty huge.

If you are hitting your driver about 260 I would think your 3w would go at least 220-230.

Not dogging you I'm just curious.

nickham10
08-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Just picked up one of these, excited to put it to use.

marshallucf
08-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Just picked up one of these, excited to put it to use.
Just picked one up as well. Can't wait for it to get here and try it out.

musicmaster6921
08-04-2014, 08:18 PM
thinking i may try one of these... Now to find one used...

Grins
08-06-2014, 12:13 PM
thinking i may try one of these... Now to find one used...

I never found a deal on these - checked ebay & Craigslist. I think that maybe says a lot about how much people value their Orange Whips - I never saw a used one for sale.

DawgDaddy
08-06-2014, 01:19 PM
I broke down and bought one on ebay for $98 shipped. That was the best deal I could find. I am thinking I will keep the OW and sell the Gold Flex, I like the balance of the Orange Whip better.

Grins
08-06-2014, 02:43 PM
I broke down and bought one on ebay for $98 shipped. That was the best deal I could find. I am thinking I will keep the OW and sell the Gold Flex, I like the balance of the Orange Whip better.

Let us know how you like it, Randy! I was surprised how big a difference it made for me. If only the SeeMore Extravaganza was two months later... ;)

Sowega
08-06-2014, 05:00 PM
I almost bought the Golf Flex last night b/c I have a $20 credit with Amazon. But still unsure if the Gold Flex is a good enough substitute vs. OW. Any other opinions on this? consensus is OW is better but maybe not worth 2x the price if price is a factor for you (and it is for me).

WardF
08-06-2014, 05:54 PM
I almost bought the Golf Flex last night b/c I have a $20 credit with Amazon. But still unsure if the Gold Flex is a good enough substitute vs. OW. Any other opinions on this? consensus is OW is better but maybe not worth 2x the price if price is a factor for you (and it is for me).

Since I have both, I sure wish I had not got the Gold Flex now--it really depends on your goals and usage though. Many of the big super stores have both on display and you can get a better idea on what that's worth to you. I would save up for the better one--but that is hindsight talking for me and how they feel to me.

DawgDaddy
08-06-2014, 05:58 PM
As I posted above, I now have both, I think the balance is MUCH better with the Orange Whip which in turn makes it easier to use. I agree with WardF, in my preference over the Gold Flex and wish I had simply started with the Orange Whip.

The Gold Flex is a good tool and I would guess if $$$ is a huge factor you would be happy with the Gold Flex.

codybwallace
08-06-2014, 06:33 PM
OW>GF. I have the OW and a buddy of mine walked up to me at the course with his GF in his hand. He said "hey I just got one of those" and hands it to me. As soon as I held it in my hand I told him it was nothing like mine. I handed him my OW and the look on his face was like someone kicked his dog. The OW feels so much more stable and effective. I highly suggest saving your money and spending the extra cash on the OW.

Sowega
08-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Appreciate the replies. Seems like this is an instance where saving for the better product would be beneficial. I may also try and hold some In person if they carry them at Golfsmith or a box store.

I'dHitThat
08-07-2014, 10:01 PM
So I purchased an orange whip a month or so ago and haven't messed with it much. This afternoon after our lesson the instructor was talking about swing tempo and I looked over to my bag and said "speaking of tempo, what do you think of these orange whips?" He grabbed it and looked over it, I guess he had never used one before or knew much about it. He said, what'd you pay for this thing, like $40? My wife started laughing(she considers it a waste of $$, especially since I rarely use it) ..I shamefully told him around $110. He said well if you wanted to hear the whip noise, you could've just turned one of your clubs upside down and swung it, for free. He took the OW and started swinging a bit, and it didn't take him long to see the purpose behind it and change his mind. After a few swings he almost sounded like a salesman for the OW, with each swing he would say what it can be used for(tempo, balance, take-away, etc..), even gave demonstrations on the effect of a bad swing. After he was finished he said "I'm not sure you wasted your money at all with this thing, it seems pretty useful". Wife wasn't laughing as much then. :D

I'm now much more interested in this thing, I plan to at least take a few swings daily. If anyone has a practice "routine" I'd definitely be interested.

wubears71
08-07-2014, 10:23 PM
I am really thinking about getting one.

Every time I see this thread this is all I can think of.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j209/wubears71/tumblr_l62y9w5Alb1qz6hf7o1_1280_zps8eb3799f.jpg

WardF
08-07-2014, 10:24 PM
So I purchased an orange whip a month or so ago and haven't messed with it much. This afternoon after our lesson the instructor was talking about swing tempo and I looked over to my bag and said "speaking of tempo, what do you think of these orange whips?" He grabbed it and looked over it, I guess he had never used one before or knew much about it. He said, what'd you pay for this thing, like $40? My wife started laughing(she considers it a waste of $$, especially since I rarely use it) ..I shamefully told him around $110. He said well if you wanted to hear the whip noise, you could've just turned one of your clubs upside down and swung it, for free. He took the OW and started swinging a bit, and it didn't take him long to see the purpose behind it and change his mind. After a few swings he almost sounded like a salesman for the OW, with each swing he would say what it can be used for(tempo, balance, take-away, etc..), even gave demonstrations on the effect of a bad swing. After he was finished he said "I'm not sure you wasted your money at all with this thing, it seems pretty useful". Wife wasn't laughing as much then. :D

I'm now much more interested in this thing, I plan to at least take a few swings daily. If anyone has a practice "routine" I'd definitely be interested.

awesome endorsement there. Watch the videos on the site for the best uses.

Grins
08-08-2014, 11:01 AM

Great story! Yeah, my wife figures ANY golf purchase is a waste of money. It was cool to see a teaching pro change his mind so quickly. And it does seem like a lot of cash, but so my improved swing speaks for itself.

marshallucf
08-11-2014, 08:22 AM
Just got mine and swung it for the first time yesterday. I def see how it will help my swing, you could def feel when you were out of sync or off balance.

Oh and it is def a workout. I was sweating after maybe 2 or 3 minutes.

Grins
08-11-2014, 08:47 AM
Just got mine and swung it for the first time yesterday. I def see how it will help my swing, you could def feel when you were out of sync or off balance.

Oh and it is def a workout. I was sweating after maybe 2 or 3 minutes.

It is - deceptively. I think their website recommends 20 swings each side for each exercise, so that adds up to 100 swings, and by the end I'm feeling it!

braveheart
08-11-2014, 11:04 PM
Its a great warmup tool before a round of golf especially when pressed for time. I like to also workout with it a couple times a week. Full swings, right arm only, left arm only, feet together swings for sets of 15-20 reps. Only negative, is I wish you could replace the grip. It is very thin and when it wears out, it might be a challenge to somehow regrip it

marshallucf
08-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Its a great warmup tool before a round of golf especially when pressed for time. I like to also workout with it a couple times a week. Full swings, right arm only, left arm only, feet together swings for sets of 15-20 reps. Only negative, is I wish you could replace the grip. It is very thin and when it wears out, it might be a challenge to somehow regrip it
I was wondering the same about regripping. The first thing that came to mind was to use baseball bat grip tape.

Grins
08-12-2014, 01:17 PM
I was wondering the same about regripping. The first thing that came to mind was to use baseball bat grip tape.

Or bicycle handlebar tape might work.

BuckeyeMark
08-12-2014, 06:23 PM

wonder how hard it is to get the white ball off there for a regrip. I wish my OW was gripped teh same as my driver. or maybe I need to regrip my driver to match the OW!

BuckeyeMark
08-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Someone mentioned "workouts" on their website. Link?

Is that the three drills mentioned under "PHILISOPHY" tab?

Anybody got anything else?

marshallucf
08-12-2014, 08:44 PM

Or bicycle handlebar tape might work.

wonder how hard it is to get the white ball off there for a regrip. I wish my OW was gripped teh same as my driver. or maybe I need to regrip my driver to match the OW!
Going to make us feel like idiots... the white ball screws off.

You can get any grip on there if you just cut a hole in it to go around the threads.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/13/a8ynyqu2.jpg

bobgeorge
08-12-2014, 08:50 PM
I bought an OW in Golfsmith about 6 months ago. I really like it. I think it helps a lot with tempo. It also great for warming up.

I'dHitThat
08-17-2014, 10:20 AM
I've been practicing with the OW daily for the past week and purchased a SwingByte recently, here are my tempo #s from 7 swings in a row, swings are either 6i or SW.

I read that ideal tempo is 3.1, mine were..

No idea what my before #'s were, so I can't actually prove that this thing helps, but it sure isn't hurting..

Jarick
08-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Got one today off Craigslist, the golden model which is ideal for me at 5'7.

Worked through the warmup exercises then did a bunch of full swings. Felt pretty good. More handsy and my feet were coming off the ground on backswing.

The picked up a 6 iron. You could really feel the steel shaft whip and bend right away! Much better feel for the clubhead. I was swinging much faster, louder whoosh.

Also noticed my takeaway, I started the club back until I felt the weight of the head lift off the ground, then swung it back.

The counter weight definitely seems to help keep the club on plane. Made video before and after and less coming over the top.

Other thing I noticed, much more consistent ground interaction for me. I have trouble sometimes hitting the ball thin or fat. With a bunch of practice swings, was just brushing or missing the carpet.

Anyone read the Manuel de la Torre stuff? Very similar. Swing back, swing forward.

Really excited to see how it works at the range!

Jarick
08-20-2014, 10:36 PM
Weird thing,

Went to a golf shop today to play with drivers. I typically hit around 235 with a slice or 250 relatively straight. Today I was hitting about 225 with a baby fade. Guy said he liked my tempo but swing speed was high 80s and normally low 90s.

Then I went to the range. I lost about 10-15 yards or so per club. I used to hit my 7 iron close to 170 and today was about 155. PW normally 125 was just short of 120. 4 iron was inconsistent but around 200 and today about 185. Hybrid was 215 now 195. 3 wood could get out to 230, was hitting about 200-215.

When I used it before swings, I had better contact, and when I got off on my swing it helped bring me back. But I think I'm swinging too easy and or muscles are tired.

Grins
08-23-2014, 09:21 AM
Weird thing,

Went to a golf shop today to play with drivers. I typically hit around 235 with a slice or 250 relatively straight. Today I was hitting about 225 with a baby fade. Guy said he liked my tempo but swing speed was high 80s and normally low 90s.

Then I went to the range. I lost about 10-15 yards or so per club. I used to hit my 7 iron close to 170 and today was about 155. PW normally 125 was just short of 120. 4 iron was inconsistent but around 200 and today about 185. Hybrid was 215 now 195. 3 wood could get out to 230, was hitting about 200-215.

When I used it before swings, I had better contact, and when I got off on my swing it helped bring me back. But I think I'm swinging too easy and or muscles are tired.

Thats weird. My experience was definitely hitting it longer!

nickham10
08-27-2014, 11:41 AM
I can tell a difference in my swing and tempo in the little amount of time I have had this tool and been using it.

Rambler
08-27-2014, 01:05 PM
I can tell a difference in my swing and tempo in the little amount of time I have had this tool and been using it.
Same here. Use it to warm up before each round, and have swung it a couple of times per week in the yard. I'm sure it is helping with my tempo, swing length, and some core strength/endurance.

dirkules
08-27-2014, 03:32 PM
Same here. Use it to warm up before each round, and have swung it a couple of times per week in the yard. I'm sure it is helping with my tempo, swing length, and some core strength/endurance.

How does it help with swing length? I tend to overswing and I would buy a orange whip tomorrow if it could help with that.

Spivey
08-27-2014, 03:37 PM
I think the OW helps me complete my swing, especially getting into the correct position after impact. Maybe that is swing length?
If you overswing a OW, you will get pulled out of your stance. At least that has been my experience.

Rambler
08-27-2014, 04:12 PM
How does it help with swing length? I tend to overswing and I would buy a orange whip tomorrow if it could help with that.

I think the OW helps me complete my swing, especially getting into the correct position after impact. Maybe that is swing length?
If you overswing a OW, you will get pulled out of your stance. At least that has been my experience.

I have always struggled with the length of my backswing, as-in, waaaaaaaayyyyy too long. This has contributed to a lot of compensatory movements as my posture and positioning get way out of whack. When timing is on, no problem. But when timing is off, watch out. Because of the flexibility of the OW, I can see it peripherally, which encourages me to shorten the backswing just a bit.

BuckeyeMark
08-27-2014, 05:54 PM
Swinging OW today at the office. Realized I'm taking too wide a stance on "drives" to be solid. Moved feet in.

I think this is one of the best things about the OW: it gives you a chance to get reps in without being on the course or the range. Range balls and rounds aren't cheap and you have to drive, etc. Yes, the OW isn't as good as hitting real balls but it's pretty good!

P.J.
08-27-2014, 05:57 PM
Okay. I've heard enough. I'm buying one.

RadRob
08-27-2014, 06:06 PM

You won't regret your decision. I've had mine for a year and a half and it's the best training tool I've ever purchased, and the only one I still keep using, regularly. I would continue to use it for it's secondary stretching and warm up benefits alone. The primary benefits, which really work, are in a swing trainer that helps you ingrain the proper timing and lag into your swing to make more solid contact.

oxepyonxo
08-27-2014, 06:29 PM
I am not sure the orange whip helps so much with overswing. For me, its more of a swing plane and sequencing trainer. If your backswing is too long, you will just have to delay releasing the club a bit as your body turns, but I dont think it will help shorten your swing.

For me, a good video to watch to help shorten swing length is Monte's No Turn No Cast Drill on youtube. This did wonders to shorten my backswing.

Spivey
08-27-2014, 07:57 PM
Amazon has OW on sale for $90 w free shipping. Thank DawgDaddy, it is posted in the Deal of the Day thread.

Rambler
08-27-2014, 08:07 PM
That's why an aid like this is great for me. Has helped in the areas it touts, as well as with my swing length. Not saying it will do that for everyone, obviously, but it is helping me.

bluedevilgolfer
08-27-2014, 09:59 PM
You'll love it. Besides being great for grooving a nice swing, it's great for warming up before the range or a round, and it builds strength and flexibility if you swing it multiple times per week. It's also great in the winter to keep your golf muscles loose when you can't get outside in colder climates.

Elmave
09-08-2014, 03:32 PM
have the orange whip and find it very effective for training as well as warming up before a round. Added an 8 pound medicine ball workout for core strength to my workout (medicine ball workout for the tough guy) and in conjunction with the orange whip feel stronger and more flexible. Definitely makes a difference and great workout for the winter.

marshallucf
09-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Gotta say I am loving the orange whip so far. Not sure if it is the OW or just a good swing day, but I was bombing the ball (for me) last round. I was consistently 10-15 yards longer throughout the bag.

Hit a drive 280 into the wind, normally around 265. Hit 4i about 205, normally 190. Hit PW 145 (almost got my first ace), normally 130. Towards the end of the round was using the same club as my buddy who is usually a club or 2 off from me.

Grins
09-09-2014, 01:04 AM
Gotta say I am loving the orange whip so far. Not sure if it is the OW or just a good swing day, but I was bombing the ball (for me) last round. I was consistently 10-15 yards longer throughout the bag.

Hit a drive 280 into the wind, normally around 265. Hit 4i about 205, normally 190. Hit PW 145 (almost got my first ace), normally 130. Towards the end of the round was using the same club as my buddy who is usually a club or 2 off from me.

it really is very impressive. Doesn't seem like it should do that much - I always thought of it as a warmup/stretching tool, but my swing is definitely better all around since I got this.

Spivey
09-17-2014, 01:23 PM
ORANGE WHIP ON SALE!!
http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/orange-whip-golf-orange-whip-trainer.html
This is the best price I have seen on this training aide!

Chase
09-17-2014, 05:08 PM
ORANGE WHIP ON SALE!!
http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/orange-whip-golf-orange-whip-trainer.html
This is the best price I have seen on this training aide!

Son of a!!! I just bought one yesterday at GolfSmith. :banghead:

P.J.
09-17-2014, 06:37 PM
Okay, question for the whippers...

My wife and I both play and I'd like for her to be able to use this as well. She falls into an arms only swing and I think this will help reinforce using the shoulder turn to control the swing. I've read that for our case we should get the mid size - iron like for me and driver like for her. Anyone have the mid size. Thoughts on that model specifically? Man I'm ready to pull the trigger on this but I can't decide the size...

Jarick
09-17-2014, 07:20 PM
I have the midsize and it's plenty long, I wouldn't want the long one. I could see checking out the short one too, but the mid size is good.

grathan
09-17-2014, 09:02 PM
I find the driver one to be huge. I wish I got the shorter or mid-sized one.

P.J.
09-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback

Jarick
09-18-2014, 09:26 AM
I should add I'm only 5'7. There are times that even the midsize one feels big. If I had a lot more money, I'd add the iron one AND the putter one.

ryebread
09-18-2014, 10:05 AM
I'm 6 ft 1 to 6 ft 2 (with shoes) and the full sized is perfect. It's just like some of these long, 46 inch drivers.

If I were shorter (e.g. the height of the average woman), the mid sized would be a better fit.

huhhh
09-18-2014, 10:13 AM
So for someone say...5'11" If I got the mid size one, would it be useless for driver? Or even hurt my driver swing?

WardF
09-18-2014, 10:25 AM
I have mid size and small size and like them both for the woods vs irons lengths. I had the Skillz in the long version so I did not buy it in OW--the 44 inch is fine for my needs and the skillz is still in the garage gathering dust.

annsguy
09-18-2014, 10:40 AM
I own the mid-size one.I do not play nearly as much as I would like. I find when I need to get back to the range and find my swing this thing is indispensable.
It can be a workout if you really use it.

ryebread
09-19-2014, 01:49 PM
I can't see any negative with going with the full sized one. It would seem to me that the goals of what you are trying to build are the same regardless of the size -- swing path, release point, rotation points, and general strength. The more "whip" that you have, then the better it seemingly has to work.

What do I know though?

Chase
09-19-2014, 02:16 PM
I just have ta say, this OW is fantastic. I love this thing!

Spivey
09-22-2014, 02:05 PM
I find that when I use the OW regularly, I seem to swing my driver very well. When I do not use the OW whip regularly, my driver gets a little (more) erratic.
I also find that I need to finish my swing with all my clubs, and the OW really helps get that feeling ingrained.
I have let my GF use the OW for her swing (which is also very "arms-y") and she notices a huge difference in her swing with the OW. Full length club, she still swings it well, just chokes down on the grip.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
09-22-2014, 02:06 PM
I'm going to use this in the colder months to hopefully stop coming over the top and to flatten out alittle.

Chase
09-22-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm going to use this in the colder months to hopefully stop coming over the top and to flatten out alittle.

Me too. I would venture to say that the OW may be the best cold weather training aid to "keep the swing going" available.

Ole Gray
09-22-2014, 02:14 PM
You guys are really tweaking my interests on this aid. Maybe after the Doc gets through with all his bills, I can consider this for real.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
09-22-2014, 02:26 PM
Me too. I would venture to say that the OW may be the best cold weather training aid to "keep the swing going" available.

This is my hope. It doesn't require balls - give instant feedback and can be used in the garage haha

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
09-22-2014, 02:26 PM
You guys are really tweaking my interests on this aid. Maybe after the Doc gets through with all his bills, I can consider this for real.

So far I really like it OG.

BigE
11-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Based on the positive feedback from this thread, I just went in and ordered the mid-size orange whip.
Sounds perfect for me as I struggle with an OTT move and my tempo can get out of control.
I hope this training aid can improve both those issues!

IceyShanks
11-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Based on the positive feedback from this thread, I just went in and ordered the mid-size orange whip.
Sounds perfect for me as I struggle with an OTT move and my tempo can get out of control.
I hope this training aid can improve both those issues!
I love using it to stretch pre round.

DawgDaddy
11-14-2014, 12:12 PM
I love using it to stretch pre round.

It is really surprising what a minute of stretches and then 3 or 4 swings before round do for you tempo immediately off of the first tee.

Grins
11-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Still highly recommend this. Also, I mentioned that I use the Orange Whip to my new pro, and he gave it two thumbs way up.

BuckeyeMark
11-25-2014, 11:26 AM
Amazon has the Orange Whip Trainer for $67 for the next couple of hours (posting on 11/25/14 at 9:20 a.m.). Usually $109. This is part of their "BF specials" so click on BF specials and scroll over to find it. That's a great deal for an OW and they aren't usually discounted.

Chase
11-25-2014, 12:20 PM
Amazon has the Orange Whip Trainer for $67 for the next couple of hours (posting on 11/25/14 at 9:20 a.m.). Usually $109. This is part of their "BF specials" so click on BF specials and scroll over to find it. That's a great deal for an OW and they aren't usually discounted.

Wow, that is a great deal.

Plin
11-25-2014, 02:07 PM

Just to add this is the 47.5 long version.

golfdawg
11-25-2014, 02:44 PM
What version(length) do most like, and i am thinking of getting this or the Sklz version for the up coming winter months to keep some type of training going.

ajsarrat
11-25-2014, 03:19 PM
How does the Orange Whip compare to the SKLZ Gold Flex Strength and Tempo Trainer? It's regular price is $60-70. 40" or 48".

BuckeyeMark
11-25-2014, 04:51 PM
How does the Orange Whip compare to the SKLZ Gold Flex Strength and Tempo Trainer? It's regular price is $60-70. 40" or 48".

I swung both at Golfsmith and thought the SKLZ felt cheap and not as good. That's completely my opinion. I can be pretty cheap and sure wanted to go less but the SKLZ didn't get it for me. OW much better.

Just to tell you how much better - I have TWO. One at home, one at the office. It's awesome.

WardF
11-28-2014, 10:55 PM
Happy to say this is one training aid that is not gather dust in the garage still--even when I don't have time to play or range or its too cold I swing the orange whip multiple times a week still.

Also, I had skilz and it is gathering dust--the two Orange whips get used all the time--short and long versions.

Ole Gray
11-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Kelly ordered one of these for my Birthday. Looking forward to some time with this puppy [emoji106]

DawgDaddy
11-28-2014, 11:03 PM
Kelly ordered one of these for my Birthday. Looking forward to some time with this puppy [emoji106]

You will like it, it is the best training aid that I have bought for golf.

Ole Gray
11-28-2014, 11:05 PM
You will like it, it is the best training aid that I have bought for golf.

Maybe I will like hitting a driver again once my tempo improves[emoji78]

tgtt
11-28-2014, 11:12 PM
25% off at rock bottom today only. This isn't always included in sales. I think it's ~$82. Great deal.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
11-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Great great deal on this right now

UglySwing
12-03-2014, 01:44 AM
After reading this thread a couple weeks ago, I went down to GS and purchased the longer SKLZ version.

After the purchase, as I started playing around and testing some new drivers, one of the sales associates that I really think highly of came over and said "you will love that thing, it is amazing".

He said he liked the yellow SKLZ for the driver, and the OW for irons (the shorter OW).

I started off with just the longer version, but went back and purchased the iron SKLZ version as well.

Someone described the changes they've experienced as 'magical'.
Without any hesitation I would agree.
This is the best money I've spent on my game by far.

After reading this topic, when I first got home and tried it out, I was very disappointed. I thought 'this can't be it???'

But, I wasn't using it correctly.

Since I started using it, I can no longer hit driver off of the tees at the driving range, as I can now regularly fly the fence (which I could rarely do before, if I swung as hard as possible, hit it just right, and had wind at my back). I'm swinging with what feels like way less energy, yet the ball launches off my club face.

This is an excellent, excellent investment.

ajsarrat
12-04-2014, 01:15 AM
I just bought the long OW and hope I have a "magical" experience with it!!

I had a chance to swing both of them (SKLZ and OW) at Dicks and walked away with the OW. I got a great Cyber Monday 25% off plus $10 off from previous purchases so I thought I'd go with the OW because I couldn't see myself paying $110 for it without a discount.

I'll swing it this week and play on the weekend to see how it goes. Hopefully it'll be as good as UglySwings experience with the SKLZ!

Hawk
12-04-2014, 09:37 AM
I've been using this lately. Thought I lost the stupid thing, but found it when I was cleaning the basement. It's a good one. Really helps me with tempo and I see a pretty instant difference.

Howzat
12-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Nice little reminder Hawk. I need to dig this out and take some swings the next few days.

Hawk
12-04-2014, 09:43 AM
Good timing for sure buddy. It seems to help me feel that lower body and slow down a little.

Howzat
12-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Good timing for sure buddy. It seems to help me feel that lower body and slow down a little.

Exactly. My biggest issue is getting too quick and not making a good turn. This helps both those issues for me.

mikeg_74
12-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Listening to you two I think it's time I picked up one of these. My biggest issues is being too quick with my transition from the top that results in bad hooks.

Howzat
12-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Listening to you two I think it's time I picked up one of these. My biggest issues is being too quick with my transition from the top that results in bad hooks.

Sounds exactly like me. This will help for sure.

Hawk
12-04-2014, 09:47 AM

Only negative is price. It's a pretty useful little tool though.

Ole Gray
12-04-2014, 09:48 AM
I have one at home waiting on me. Looking forward to many sessions with this trainer[emoji106][emoji466]️

mikeg_74
12-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Do you recommend the driver length version of the shorter version? I thought I read where there were two sizes.

Howzat
12-04-2014, 09:56 AM
Do you recommend the driver length version of the shorter version? I thought I read where there were two sizes.

I only have the driver and have never tried the other one. My issues are off the tee.

Hawk
12-04-2014, 09:57 AM
I'd get the long one. You can always choke down on it.

Mystery Meat
12-04-2014, 11:14 AM
What about just swinging a weighted club to build arm and muscle strength ? After swinging the weighted club for a half hour, a normal club feels light as a feather . You have the Feeling like you can swing the regular club 1000 miles an hour. This is backward , swing the light orange whip to swing a regular club faster ? Seems backwards to me .. IMHO

not a beliver in this unit , but did take the time to watch the infomercial

Howzat
12-04-2014, 11:22 AM
What about just swinging a weighted club to build arm and muscle strength ? After swinging the weighted club for a half hour, a normal club feels light as a feather . You have the Feeling like you can swing the regular club 1000 miles an hour. This is backward , swing the light orange whip to swing a regular club faster ? Seems backwards to me .. IMHO

It is much different than just using a weighted shaft or swinging two clubs. It gives you feedback when your tempo is off. Really helps you smooth things out. It also is great to get strechted out prior to a round.

Hawk
12-04-2014, 11:28 AM

Orange whip isn't light.

It's a weighted ball on the end of a noodle shaft. Very similar concept to the weighted club, except the shaft softeness can help with tempo and getting the body working before the arms.

bajapalm
12-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Don't have one - yet - reading this makes it hard to resist though.. think it just helps the sequencing in the swing
Mystery meat - watch a video of Paul Wilson doing an effortless swing - it's like cracking a whip or flyfishing- loose easy and well timed is actually very fast!

Mystery Meat
12-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Would like to give this a test drive . Maybe dicks or sports authority carries the whips

Howzat
12-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Would like to give this a test drive . Maybe dicks or sports authority carries the whips

Would be interested to get your thoughts. I thought is was going to be a gimmick until I tried one.

Hawk
12-04-2014, 12:42 PM

I've used both a weighted club and the whip. Whip is a little easier on the joints and obviously quite a bit longer. I think if you like one you'd find enough to like about the other.

DawgDaddy
12-04-2014, 12:43 PM

Don't think I have ever seen one in Dick's and I don't go in Sports Authority. PGA SS or Golfsmith are your best bets.

ForeOnFour
12-04-2014, 06:48 PM
So if my biggest struggle is driver but I would also like to be more consistent with my irons should I go with the driver and choke down like suggested? Has anyone tried choking down and still seen/felt results? At $110 I'm already pondering it, no way I could justify paying for both sizes.