PDA

View Full Version : The Feherty Show.

Pages : [1] 2

arydolphin
05-09-2011, 05:49 PM
You know that this is going to be fun, I'll be watching. Here's the article from Geoff Shackelford's blog (http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2011/5/9/new-golf-channel-feherty-show-declared-ground-breaking-by-go.html)

For Immediate Release...

GOLF CHANNEL ANNOUNCES GROUND-BREAKING ORIGINAL SERIES STARRING IRREPRESSIBLE SPORTS PERSONALITY DAVID FEHERTY

FEHERTY

12-Part Series Features Personal Stories, Clever Observations and Captivating Interviews with the Man Known for his Inimitable Style and Witty Golf Commentary

Feherty Premieres Week of June 20

ORLANDO, Fla. (May 9, 2011) – One of the most recognizable and unique personalities in sports, David Feherty – a 14-year veteran of CBS Sports – is bringing his unmistakable wit to Golf Channel with the all-new, prime-time series Feherty, currently in production and debuting the week of June 20, following the playing of the U.S. Open near the nation’s capitol.

Feherty is the first original Golf Channel series created since the golf cable network became a member of the NBC Sports Group following the Comcast-NBCUniversal transaction in January.

No topic is off limits in this 12-part series which will share revealing interviews with well-known personalities from all walks of life – from sports to entertainment to politics – along with unique stories and anecdotes from the brilliant yet zany mind of David Feherty.

And skipping through the bio stuff:

“This show is something I’ve always wanted to do, and I'm glad it’s found a home at Golf Channel,” Feherty said. “I’m really overjoyed, so much so that I may have to cheer down, rather than up. I think I'm tri-polar.”

Surrounding the interview in each 30-minute episode, Feherty will share never-before-heard stories about the sport and the personalities that play it as well as poignant and humorous observations on the peculiarities of life. The series is being shot both in studio and on location with interviews taking place across the country.

_JL_
05-09-2011, 05:57 PM
I'll be watching for sure. Feherty is my favorite commentator by far.

Puttin4Bird
05-09-2011, 05:57 PM
This sounds pretty entertaining, I'm a fan of David Feherty's work on CBS so hopefully this will be as entertaining as that. Thanks for sharing.

Beowulf
05-09-2011, 06:03 PM
I am a fan so I will most def watch at least two of his shows.

DawgDaddy
05-09-2011, 06:04 PM
If nothing else it should be interesting. I like his wit and patriotism now that he is a U.S. citizen.

aubs88
05-09-2011, 06:04 PM
This will be entertaining for sure. I like that he isn't always so serious.

Chunkylover77
05-09-2011, 06:16 PM
I never got the Feherty thing. Cool that he has his own show and I know a lot of people like him so it should be successful.

9-Iron Man
05-09-2011, 06:18 PM
This should be a good show to watch. I love listening to Feherty during the CBS broadcasts. I'll be tuning in for sure.

Spaceman_Spiff
05-09-2011, 06:19 PM
I'll watch at least a couple episodes... will likely get relegated to the DVR and I'll have to watch it at some odd time but I'll watch!

GolferGal
05-09-2011, 06:20 PM
I like Feherty. I have met him a couple of times and he was always great. Super funny and a really nice guy. He offered me home baked goodies that his wife made. For that I will forever be a fan. :smile:

9-Iron Man
05-09-2011, 06:21 PM
I like Feherty. I have met him a couple of times and he was always great. Super funny and a really nice guy. He offered me home baked goodies that his wife made. For that I will forever be a fan. :smile:

Nice!! I'm jealous! :D

GolferGal
05-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Nice!! I'm jealous! :D

They were good too! It was a chocolate chip coconut cookie bar.

SoonerChris
05-09-2011, 06:25 PM

Totally agree, big fan!

IceyShanks
05-09-2011, 06:41 PM
To quote Bart Scot, "Can't wait!"

biggsy
05-09-2011, 06:45 PM
I'll tune in. I've had the pleasure of meeting him and he was incredibly nice and gracious as well as funny.

interlooper
05-09-2011, 06:52 PM
I will watch his series. I, for the most part, enjoy his on-course commentary and wish him well for his new show.

Esox
05-09-2011, 07:28 PM
I like Feherty as a guy. I love how he's embraced his citizenship as someone else mentioned. However, I sometimes find his commentary forced. I feel the same way about McCord. They work at being zany instead of just being zany. That's my perception at least. Should be interesting to see him do interviews for 30 minutes.

Kevin

Golf Ghost
05-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Love David, this is one of the reasons I will be watching haha....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziN3B8NZKyk

Lynchburg14
05-09-2011, 07:51 PM
looking forward to this one should be good

Sean
05-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Should be fun.

HoosierGolfer
05-09-2011, 09:15 PM
I will watch for sure. He is one of those guys I would love to meet and play a round of golf with. I'm sure there would never be a dull moment. Should be a great show.

Vegan702
05-09-2011, 11:02 PM
I am in the minority and don't really find him that funny. :confused2:

jc650
05-10-2011, 01:45 AM
It sounds like it will be a good show. I think Davids a class act and look forward to watching it.

OttawaGolf
05-10-2011, 07:37 AM
Will tune in to see a Feherty show for sure.

Weezy
05-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Huge fan of Feherty! Can't wait to be in tuned for this show!

Jeanthemachine
05-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Feherty would definitely be a member of my fantasy foursome.

JNRadio
05-10-2011, 11:22 AM
I fear it will be a flop, Ferethy is great for one liners at just the right moment, not sure if he can carry a whole show without stretching and trying too hard... if you ever seen an extended interview with him where he is trying to make every line a zinger you'll know what I mean

MarcW
05-10-2011, 12:48 PM
I fear it will be a flop, Ferethy is great for one liners at just the right moment, not sure if he can carry a whole show without stretching and trying too hard... if you ever seen an extended interview with him where he is trying to make every line a zinger you'll know what I mean

I agree, hope you're wrong, but we'll see. Hope it's not aired during the "family hour", so it can be a little more adult.

timmyak
05-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Im hoping this will be just like he is when on the course. I'll definitely watch.

easy_13
05-11-2011, 12:11 AM
Love Feherty. Can't wait.

Drumdog
05-11-2011, 08:09 PM
He's my favorite commentator and I can't wait for the show!

Tadashi70
05-11-2011, 08:19 PM
By far the best golf personality on any network, DVR all set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vj_ross
05-11-2011, 08:30 PM
It's about damn time!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

arydolphin
06-20-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm watching the premiere episode right now, I could watch Lee Trevino talk about golf all day long. Nice start to this show, I'm interested to see the other interviews in future shows.

claycribbs
06-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Same here! Wish I had golf channel!

_JL_
06-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Pretty entertaining so far, but that's mostly Trevino. Can't wait to see if they can keep my interest up for a few episodes.

SW
06-20-2011, 11:34 PM
His honest talk about his addiction was brave. Loving the trevino interview so far

--
tapatalk

_JL_
06-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Heavy stuff. I didn't know about all his past troubles.

SW
06-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Heavy stuff. I didn't know about all his past troubles.

Yeah, one of the few addicts I know that understood the addiction for what it was/is.

I could listen to trevino all day! Hope this show last.

--
tapatalk

SeeMoreGuy
06-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Enjoying the Trevino interview because, well its Trevino. He has some great stories. Interesting information about Ferherty's background. The Man on the Street thing was a total waste.

Smallville
06-21-2011, 02:13 AM
I'm recording it now, forgot it was on. Hopefully it will be decent.

Goins
06-21-2011, 02:39 AM
Wow, I am another that could listen to Trevino for hours. What a story teller. I'm loving Feherty, seems very genuine to me.

TripleBogieTim
06-21-2011, 02:42 AM
I DVR'ed it to watch when I get back from business trip.....you don't find too many hotels with the Golf Channel....LOL

Goins
06-21-2011, 02:46 AM
Wow, all the ones around here do.

Awsi Dooger
06-21-2011, 03:26 AM
It was a very good show when Feherty wasn't left alone. Trevino is always interesting and Feherty is a surprisingly good interviewer, other than post round with Tiger, when Feherty fawns over 3 putts as a "great 3 putt."

Otherwise the episode was painful. I can't believe Golf Channel actually approved the opening segment, which was more forced than Dennis Miller at his worst. As someone else posted, the man on the street portion was similarly inept, likewise the long overdone Harold Henning segment which featured the most obvious conclusion of all time.

I'll continue to watch. He's got good interview subjects. Ten minutes from them can offset Feherty mangling the solitary scenes.

It reminds me somewhat of "Being John Daly." There are train wreck aspects of John Daly we don't need to see. Similarly, David Feherty passed his peak years and years ago when he sensed he was expected to be funny. The subtle occasional lines were brilliant in his early days on CBS. Nowadays fans rave over Feherty because they think they are supposed to.

mikedean441
06-21-2011, 09:18 AM
didn't get a chance to watch it, but my lord could they have shown that same preview for it one more time during big break??

fracisco
06-21-2011, 03:10 PM
This really should be a 30 minute show, followed by the Feherty show where they followed him playing golf on course giving his opinion of how to make shots. I saw that show once where he was playing a links course, and found it entertaining and informative.

9-Iron Man
06-21-2011, 03:57 PM
I really enjoyed watching this last night. Feherty is quite the character and listening to Trevino was epic. I had no idea Feherty had the problems he did. He's a funny guy and has a great take on things. I'll be watching this for sure. The opening did seem to be forced, but it was over quickly and got good right away.

Nappy
06-21-2011, 04:04 PM
I enjoyed the parts of it I saw. Especially the interviews with Trevino. I didn't quite understand why we had to know about Feherty's past - I mean its interesting -but I wasn't quite sure how it fit into the show.

RonInThornton
06-21-2011, 04:09 PM
I enjoyed the show, Fehrety seems to know how to get the person he's interviewing to open up. I find him to be warm and genuine as an interviewer.

cpljohnst
06-21-2011, 06:14 PM
I really enjoyed the show. I'll be watching every week. It was clever, witty and fun. He is a very good interviewer as well.

Smallville
06-21-2011, 06:30 PM
This really should be a 30 minute show, followed by the Feherty show where they followed him playing golf on course giving his opinion of how to make shots. I saw that show once where he was playing a links course, and found it entertaining and informative.

I think it is going to be a 30 minute show. I thought they said it was a special one hour premier episode last night.

cj3ap2
06-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Yeah it's normally going to be 30 minutes, and I agree that it should be.

I echo a lot of the same thoughts expressed in this thread. Trevino was indeed epic, could listen to him all day. Looking forward to Feherty's future interviews. Thought the man on the street thing was dumb. Enjoyed the Harold Henning joke, yeah it was obvious, but I thought that was part of the joke, part of the build up that it went on and on while you knew it was coming.

I thought the opening and the music aren't all that enjoyable, feherty talking to birds and all, just seemed cheesy. I like that Feherty was so deep and honest with his addiction story, i think he wanted to just be up front with everything, but I wouldn't enjoy him doing a segment like that every show.

I liked it, but I like Feherty. There were some bad things and some dumb things, but it's the first show and I think there's enough potential in what they did that if given the time to work out the kinks, it could be a really good show.

Raphael_4
06-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Pretty cool show, I didn't know he was going through all that stuff before. I wonder if he's going to ask everyone he interviews about all the Tiger drama.

Buldwgs
06-21-2011, 09:02 PM
I really enjoyed the show. I'll be watching every week.

HoosierGolfer
06-21-2011, 09:04 PM
I just finished watching the first show with Lee T and it was great. David is a natural at this. I see this show as being a huge hit for him. How could you not want to spend the day with him. Can't wait for the next show in a hour. Should be great. I give it a 10.

easy_13
06-21-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm not quite sure I trust anyone who doesn't like David Feherty. Big fan of him and the first show. I'll concede it is almost impossible to go wrong with Lee Trevino, however.

timmyak
06-21-2011, 11:08 PM
I watched it tonight and it was an awesome show. One of my new favorites.
I had no idea Lee Trevino started playing when he was 19 and was so good in his day.

Raygoose
06-22-2011, 01:06 AM
Great first show. I loved it, my 16 year old son loved it. He had read about Trevino, but had not had the chance to see an interview like that of him. What great stories. Keep the great guests coming. Really, you could probably do 5 Trevino shows in a row.

Esox
06-22-2011, 01:14 AM
The show wasn't terrible, but it was far from fantastic. I still get the feeling he's forcing it.

I'm not against the bio stuff about the addiction, but it could have been a little more real. Sorry, but no one, and I mean no one, drinks two to three bottles of whiskey and takes 40 painkillers a day. Of if they did, they're now dead.

Kevin

JR
06-22-2011, 01:18 AM
It was alright. One of those things I will watch when nothing is on.

timmyak
06-22-2011, 09:14 AM
The show wasn't terrible, but it was far from fantastic. I still get the feeling he's forcing it.

I'm not against the bio stuff about the addiction, but it could have been a little more real. Sorry, but no one, and I mean no one, drinks two to three bottles of whiskey and takes 40 painkillers a day. Of if they did, they're now dead.

Kevin
You wouldn't believe what addicts go through and can survive. It's entirely possible.

RonInThornton
06-22-2011, 09:24 AM

Kevin

Does the name Keith Richards ring any bells?

Toddo
06-22-2011, 09:27 AM
I had the pleasure of interviewing David Feherty a day after the 2000 PGA Championship on a talk show I was doing at the time. A very funny guy, but also very down to earth and fun to talk with. I didn't get to see the first show just yet, but I think this could become a very good show.

timmyak
06-22-2011, 09:29 AM

Perfect example right there!

LOL I was just thinking about when he was on the golf course asking people questions and he started talking about the chode. At first I was like wait did he really just say that? Then he said it again and I started laughing so hard. Then when he described it for that person I completely lost it.

RonInThornton
06-22-2011, 09:40 AM

Yeah, the wife just looked at me, shook her head and said "You men are disgusting"

MManchester
06-22-2011, 09:47 AM
it sounds like a great show and lots of fun to watch.... but i dont get the golf channel :(

Awsi Dooger
06-22-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm not quite sure I trust anyone who doesn't like David Feherty. Big fan of him and the first show. I'll concede it is almost impossible to go wrong with Lee Trevino, however.

That's fitting, because I struggle to respect the opinion of anyone who gushes over him. Feherty is a poor walking analyst who offers very little insight or specifics. He waffles virtually every time Nantz or Faldo asks about the requirements of a particular shot, and is incredibly lazy and vague when describing how the ball lies. Roger Maltbie is light years more talented and conscientious in that particular aspect.

Feherty following Tiger's group is golf broadcasting at its worst. He was transfixed beyond repair more than a decade ago, and now laps up every Tiger swing. The example I gave earlier was not invented or singular. More than once a couple of years ago Feherty gushed that a Tiger 3 putt was a "great 3 putt."

If you tape CBS and NBC golf broadcasts with Tiger involved and watch them back to back weeks or months later, it's startling how CBS protects Tiger swing after swing, with Feherty the prime offender: "Not too bad."

Years ago Feherty was outstanding at situational humor, an immediate ironic twist when playing off someone else's words. And that's still by far his best role. Unfortunately, the positive reaction to his unique style convinced Feherty he needed to attempt humor every time his mike was open, and it's been a sad decline, nearly a parody of his former self, not completely dissimilar to Gary McCord's over the top free fall, although their styles differ. There are threads of this type on one golf forum after another. And the trends are remarkable, a significant group who caught Feherty's overboard transition quickly and weren't shy to point out how unfortunate it was. Others hear the name Feherty and associate a positive opinion regardless of what comes out of his mouth. You get the feeling a decade could pass and they wouldn't notice.

In this new show Golf Channel producers somehow decided that Feherty could approximate a Craig Ferguson type opening scene. He bombed miserably. You could tell he had no chance when he resorted to the prop, the chicken. There's a difference between funny and golf funny.

I am encouraged the show moves to 30 minutes, not an hour. This show still has potential if the opening scene is ejected, along with any threat of monologue or skit. Open immediately with Feherty alongside the interview subject and let them chat.

Caper
06-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Listening to Trevino's life on Feherty is ridiculous. What a life he has lived! And to not pick up a club till 19 y/o and be that darned good! Wow!

Ake84
06-22-2011, 05:23 PM
The Lee Travino interview is in full length (I think) on the Golf Channel web site, for all off us that don`t have the possibility to watch the Golf Channel.

Dr. Teeth
06-22-2011, 05:28 PM
I watched this yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I thought the parts where it was Feherty talking to the animals was weird and a time filler, the couple of joke segments seemed like a time filler as well. But, the part where he was talking about his past was very interesting and Lee Trevino is THE MAN!!! One of my all time favorite golfers and this just reinforced why he is so beloved! I grew up having my dad tell me that I should learn to hit a fade. He said all of the greats hit a fade, Jack hit a fade, Trevino hit a fade. Then he would always say "I decided that if I wanted to be a good golfer, I needed to hit a fade. Trevino says "You can talk to a fade, but a draw won't listen"." I will remember those words til the day I die. PS. I finally decided that it was in my best interest to hit a fade. Dang I am stubborn :D

tomahawk18
06-22-2011, 05:30 PM
I watched this yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I thought the parts where it was Feherty talking to the animals was weird and a time filler, the couple of joke segments seemed like a time filler as well. But, the part where he was talking about his past was very interesting and Lee Trevino is THE MAN!!! One of my all time favorite golfers and this just reinforced why he is so beloved! I grew up having my dad tell me that I should learn to hit a fade. He said all of the greats hit a fade, Jack hit a fade, Trevino hit a fade. Then he would always say "I decided that if I wanted to be a good golfer, I needed to hit a fade. Trevino says "You can talk to a fade, but a draw won't listen"." I will remember those words til the day I die. PS. I finally decided that it was in my best interest to hit a fade. Dang I am stubborn :D

Love the power fade! Learn to embrace it Teeth!

wutings
06-22-2011, 05:44 PM
The more and more I watch/read about and from Lee Trevino, the more I lament not being old enough to remember and appreciate him at his prime. I thought Trevino was the star of show #1. Feherty himself was almost unbearable to watch as a host. I appreciate his story and struggles with addiction, but at no point did I feel sympathic towards him. Perhaps this is the fault of the show producers, but they make him out to be somewhat of a jacka$$. On course he is good, but that's because it's in small doses. When he was telling his "fast golfer" joke, it took every ounce of will power for me not to change the channel.

je_baird
06-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Thought the first episode was awesome, he's my fav by far as well...

Sent From My Droid Incredible

Dr. Teeth
06-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Love the power fade! Learn to embrace it Teeth!

Yeah the only problem is when we played together, it would not fade! My iron s hot were dead straight and inevitably I was in a green side bunker. My shoes still have sand in them from that round :D

couch
06-23-2011, 01:05 AM
I thought it was pretty good, just something else to watch. It better than all those infomercials they play all the time on the golf channel thats for sure.

Smallville
06-24-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm finally watching the first show on DVR.

Smallville
06-24-2011, 11:54 PM
I liked it. It should be better when they go to a half hour and not have to do the "filler" stuff.

Jordan Wolfe
06-25-2011, 02:51 AM
i like Feherty alright, but i really really got tired of watching the show. i'd really like to see a "grown up" adult style talk show where the host can have fun but still do a good interview of a guest......On a side note, i don't care for Lee Trevino, which may have influenced my opinion of the first show.

Spaceman_Spiff
06-27-2011, 11:02 AM
I finally caught last weeks episode on the DVR last night. I thought the show was alright myself and I set the DVR to record upcoming episodes as well. I think its kinda funny that GC puts a ton of commercials in this show as well. I guess they know what their two best ratings grabbers are?

I thought it was funny how they twisted Trevino's comments in the previews (about tiger) when they air on the actual show it wasn't like I thought it was intended to be. I like Lee and I thought that was a lot of cool information I learned about him too.

I look forward to the coming episodes, like the one with Poults! That one will be a riot I'm sure.

Smallville
06-28-2011, 11:00 PM
I thought this week's show sucked. I don't care about Don Cheadle anyway, let alone see him interviewed on TGC. Next week is Tom Watson, so it should be better.

Tadashi70
06-28-2011, 11:03 PM
I thought this week's show sucked. I don't care about Don Cheadle anyway, let alone see him interviewed on TGC. Next week is Tom Watson, so it should be better.

What's your beef with TGC. If you posted before I apologize...just wondering

Smallville
06-28-2011, 11:17 PM
What's your beef with TGC. If you posted before I apologize...just wondering

Excuse me?

SW
06-28-2011, 11:24 PM

Kind of agree, if I want to hear about movie stars I can watch any number of entertainment shows. It's the golf channel, give golf. I don't watch the weather channel for their riveting daytime soaps.

--
tapatalk

Doug the lefty
06-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Well, finally caught the Cheadle episode and barely got through it. I really like Feherty and am a big fan of Cheadle but this was like watching paint dry. I will give it one more shot with the Tom Watson episode.

MarcW
06-29-2011, 10:26 AM

+1, although I didn't think it sucked, it wasn't that interesting.

BASDawg
06-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Well, finally caught the Cheadle episode and barely got through it. I really like Feherty and am a big fan of Cheadle but this was like watching paint dry. I will give it one more shot with the Tom Watson episode.

Maybe I'm the wrong demographic, but I really don't know who Cheadle is. Movie star who plays a little golf? Big whoop. What else is on TV?

easy_13
06-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Whoever picked Cheadle to be on the show dropped the ball. I'm not sure you could have an interesting golf interview with him. And could there possibly be a bigger dropoff than from Trevino to Cheadle?

IceyShanks
06-29-2011, 11:29 AM

Agreed, thought it was a big drop off, the Watson episode looks very promising, but now I'm not going to get my hopes up!

wcueb923
06-29-2011, 11:37 AM
I have watched but it slow going. They need to pick it up a bit.

HoosierGolfer
06-30-2011, 03:59 PM

Same here. As much as I loved the first show, they lost me during the second show about 4 minutes in. I thought "who the heck is Don Cheadle and why is he on a golf show?" I had no idea who he was, still don't, and don't really care to find out.

bumpnrun
06-30-2011, 05:43 PM
I really like David Feherty. His column is great and he adds a ton of life to golf on TV... but the show, while I can see some potential, is off. The set, the rythm, the stuffed chicken (?), there's just something wrong there. They kind of took the worst of formats like variety shows, talk shows and interview shows and hoped Feherity's crazy wit could pull it together. It just didn't gell for me though, which is too bad. It could be great.

eaglesgolf72
06-30-2011, 05:48 PM
I saw the first 5 minutes of the premiere and I couldn't get passed the freaking talking animals and what not. It was really dumb to me...Not going to tune in any more unless you guys say it gets any better!?!

MarcW
07-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Last night's show with Tom Watson was excellent. I could have watched that for another 2 hours. That is what the show should be, real golfers being interviewed and shown in their non-golf life. There are too many great golf figures out there that should be on that show. Let e Channel have the celebrity golfers.

HoosierGolfer
07-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Last night's show with Tom Watson was excellent. I could have watched that for another 2 hours. That is what the show should be, real golfers being interviewed and shown in their non-golf life. There are too many great golf figures out there that should be on that show. Let e Channel have the celebrity golfers.

I agree to a point. I liked the Watson interview, just too bad he didn't stick to it. Too much drabble in between. I could listen to Watson for three hours, but DF is missing what I would like to see.

Smallville
07-07-2011, 09:34 PM

I agree to a point. I liked the Watson interview, just too bad he didn't stick to it. Too much drabble in between. I could listen to Watson for three hours, but DF is missing what I would like to see.

I remember the early years he was talking about. Even though I didn't play golf yet, he was still a pretty big deal around KC in those times. I thought the Watson part of the show was excellent. The part where he is sitting there telling some blah blah story, I fast forwarded through. I agree that this is the way the show should be, a pro golfer in his home environment.

As fdar as next week, I will watch but probably won't enjoy the Charles show as much. Let's have real golfers, not whatever Barkley is.

Griff
07-08-2011, 12:20 AM
I like it. Not something I will make time for, but if it's on I will watch it again. I like that it's not a blase production.

Smallville
07-14-2011, 01:29 AM
I deleted this one (the Barkley show) without even watching.

Golfers, Feherty, golfers.

DonW
07-14-2011, 01:38 AM
I deleted this one (the Barkley show) without even watching.

Golfers, Feherty, golfers.

Unless you hate Charles Barkley I thought this was the best show so far, my wife was even laughing at times and as a rule she hates when I turn on the Golf channel.

Smallville
07-14-2011, 01:41 AM
Don't hate Barkley. I'm tired of Barkley and golf.

The Treviono one was good, the Watson one was good.

Canadan
07-14-2011, 01:42 AM
I didn't enjoy the Barkley episode as much as I enjoyed the Watson epi... Not even close really.

DonW
07-14-2011, 01:52 AM

Yeah I get where your coming from and feel the same way to a point, but Barkley earned a lot of respect from me for some of the things he talked about last night outside of golf.

DonW
07-14-2011, 01:58 AM
I didn't enjoy the Barkley episode as much as I enjoyed the Watson epi... Not even close really.

It's hard to top Watson as he speaks so well and he has pretty much done it all in the sport of golf so you have to give him total respect when he talks.

jnug
07-14-2011, 02:45 AM
I think that there is a quirkiness about the show that is a match for DF's brand of humor and so I think that the guests that he brings on are a match for that. However I do see a need for a similar format, not the same but similar, that is more of a straight up and down golf celebrity type of show. I don't think you would have DF as the host for it though.

So I get the need for a real straight up and down golf show but I do think that is a different show and one that the Golf Channel should bring into existence somehow. There is a tremendous amount of turmoil and angst that professional golfers go through during their careers and I think there is an audience for a show that tries to bring that to light. They may not all have the personal trials that a John Daly has but their games can be very turbulent. For example how many of them go through periods where they have to remake big pieces of their game and in some cases the whole damn thing has to be remade. How they got there and what they did to make it happen would I think be very interesting at least to people like me and probably to a good many of the folks that participate here. The guy that has been the coach for Cook for many many years was being interviewed on the golf channel the other night and while I did not see the whole interview, he was talking about how these guys are learning for as much as thirty years of their golfing lives and their games are really evolving the entire time.

I would think that a guy like Zinger might be a good host for a show like that if we are thinking about guys that do not have a gig like that currently. I am sure there are other guys we could think of that would be a good host for that sort of a show. Maybe two hosts. one male and one female. I am not sure if Dottie Pepper would be considered too controversial. She has said some things in the past that have riled players and that might make it difficult for her to work her way into an interview format.

HoosierGolfer
07-14-2011, 09:43 AM

I agree 100%. I don't really hate Charles, but I hate seeing him on a golf show. As much as I've liked 2 of the 4 shows, I've hated the other 2 equally. As Smallville said, just stick with golfers.

bgammill
07-14-2011, 09:49 AM
I don't even know if I'm going to watch next week because of who's on. I cant stand Johnny Miller!!!! He's the worst sportscaster on TV to this date.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

BASDawg
07-14-2011, 07:02 PM
What? Did Brent Musburger die?

I don't even know if I'm going to watch next week because of who's on. I cant stand Johnny Miller!!!! He's the worst sportscaster on TV to this date.

Pevans
07-14-2011, 07:20 PM
The show has been great really like the Don Cheadle show and I never noticed how hard it is sometimes to understand Sir Charles

Spaceman_Spiff
07-16-2011, 11:51 AM
The show has been great really like the Don Cheadle show and I never noticed how hard it is sometimes to understand Sir Charles

I finally caught up with this weeks episode of Feherty and I was pleasantly surprised with Barkley. I too thought it was hard to understand him a lot. Like he was sick or had a sore throat or something... just hard to understand. He also talks with his hands a lot which I never noticed during the NBA playoffs.

I won't mind catching next weeks episode and I know a lot of people on here dislike Jonny Miller. I'm sure its some effort to humanize him.

Smallville
07-22-2011, 01:46 AM
Just watched the Johnny Miller episode. I don't much like Miller but I thought this was a good show again. Next week is Rory. Keep it golf, Feherty.

JR
07-22-2011, 01:48 AM
This show is better than I thought it would be. Skipping the Miller episode though...

cwesleyc
07-22-2011, 02:09 AM
I've enjoyed all the shows so far, but probably my least favorite has been Cheadle. The Tom Watson episode was television gold.

MarcW
07-22-2011, 09:11 AM
I must be the only one who actually likes Johnny Miller and his commentary. Loved the Feherty show with Miller, and Barkley's was good also.

Smallville
07-28-2011, 02:17 AM
Very good show with Rory this week. Next up is Ian Poulter.

wcueb923
07-28-2011, 02:19 AM
Very good show with Rory this week. Next up is Ian Poulter.
Show gets better every week. loving it.

Smallville
07-28-2011, 02:20 AM
Hopefully he'll stick to golfers.

wcueb923
07-28-2011, 02:24 AM
Hopefully he'll stick to golfers.

I agree. They have been the better shows of his

checkered
07-28-2011, 02:34 AM
I really liked this episode with Rory. I haven't caught all of the episodes so far, but it does seem to be getting better than it started off. Looking forward to next weeks.

Fourputt
07-28-2011, 03:29 AM
I must be the only one who actually likes Johnny Miller and his commentary. Loved the Feherty show with Miller, and Barkley's was good also.

No you aren't. Anyone who appreciates candid honesty likes Johnny Miller. I like it that he can be just as candid in his assessment of himself. This interview was the first episode of the show I've seen, and I though it was very well done.

Smallville
08-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Just watch the Poulter show. I liked the part where he said he was addicted to Twitter. He says it's fun going back and forth with people, yet he blocked OEM. hahaha

Now next week is a "Best of" show? There's been 5 shows? 6 shows? Seriously, a best of episode? It's The Golf Channel, just have a Feherty marathon.

cj3ap2
08-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Last night's caddy episode with bones and fluff was great, it's my second favorite episode after the tom watson episode. Just a lot of good stuff, I thought it was interesting that bones said getting rid of belly putters is something he'd want to change about the game.

I also saw feherty a few weeks back on craig ferguson's late night show; obviously because it's on after midnight there's a lot more vulgar things one can get away with, and I thought feherty was better than he usually is on that show. His deeply crude sense of humor was able to fully shine above the way he normally has to be reserved on golf coverage and his golf channel show. He was a riot on ferguson's show.

MarcW
08-17-2011, 12:38 PM
The caddie show was great, could easily have been an hour.

jdtox
08-17-2011, 12:41 PM
I really enjoy this show. His interviews are good and I like that he has fun with it. I really enjoyed learning about Ian Poulter. Didn't know much about the guy except he dressed very "loud". He seemed like a really cool, down to earth dude though.

LOL he forged his PGA app. when he was first starting out. awesome.

evfuljeddye
08-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Last night's caddy episode with bones and fluff was great, it's my second favorite episode after the tom watson episode. Just a lot of good stuff, I thought it was interesting that bones said getting rid of belly putters is something he'd want to change about the game.

I also saw feherty a few weeks back on craig ferguson's late night show; obviously because it's on after midnight there's a lot more vulgar things one can get away with, and I thought feherty was better than he usually is on that show. His deeply crude sense of humor was able to fully shine above the way he normally has to be reserved on golf coverage and his golf channel show. He was a riot on ferguson's show.

I agree the caddy show was awesome I still liked the Charles Barkley show also

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=49.372141,-98.235953
- Sent from my iPhone

SW
08-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Enjoyed last nights show and like some have mentioned, I thought it should have been longer. Seemed like so much was edited out for time constraints. Hopefully the hour long special will be better next week.

Smallville
08-18-2011, 03:25 AM
Another good show. All of the the ones with golf people have been good. As long as he keeps this up I will be happy. Looking forward to the Darren Clarke episode next week.

DawgDaddy
08-18-2011, 07:59 AM
The caddie show was great, could easily have been an hour.

I felt the same way Marc, I watched it yesterday afternoon and I was great.

threeboysdad
08-18-2011, 10:29 AM
I love the show and I look forward to it each week and I do hope they make it an hour long show.

HoosierGolfer
08-24-2011, 09:17 AM
I thought the show last night with Darren Clarke was the best one yet. Darren talking about his nickname in some circles (FF) was pretty funny and Darren allowing Feherty to make soda bread in his kitchen was fun.

Feherty had his Andy Rooney moment when he read a email that was sent in with a guys suggestion to change the cup from a round hole to a ellipse (football) shaped hole. Feherty went into a minute long browbeating of the guy and informs him that golf has enough idiots at the USGA and R&A to screw up the game, and does not need him. I thought it was pretty funny.

At least for the past few weeks he has stuck with having golfers on the show.

matp2530
08-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Love this show! Every episode I have watched has been interesting and funny. I've always liked Feherty. I have disagreed with him sometimes, but I like how open and emotional his reporting is.

Smallville
08-24-2011, 11:04 AM
I thought it was a good show last night too, but the DVR quit recording with 15 minutes left. Luckily this is TGC so I am recording the show again today so I can see the rest of it. The show is very good when they stick to golfers.

ddec
08-24-2011, 11:08 AM
I only saw the last 15 minutes or so and I thought it was good. I'll have to catch the other 45 mins or so. I do like Darren Clarke so this had the potential to be a great show. I also liked that it was an hour long.

HoosierGolfer
08-24-2011, 11:10 AM
I thought it was a good show last night too, but the DVR quit recording with 15 minutes left. Luckily this is TGC so I am recording the show again today so I can see the rest of it. The show is very good when they stick to golfers.

I agree. If he sticks to golfers, I think the show is a hit. I like David and think he is doing it right most of the time.

Buck
08-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Idk if any of you guys caught the Rory Mcillroy episode, but when David Feherty was talking and fell down the side of that hill, that was the funniest I laughed in a long time. He's hilarious.

Smallville
08-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Idk if any of you guys caught the Rory Mcillroy episode, but when David Feherty was talking and fell down the side of that hill, that was the funniest I laughed in a long time. He's hilarious.

I have seen them all but the Barkley episode. I WISH I had missed the Cheadle episode as well.

c0ncept
08-24-2011, 07:25 PM
I have seen them all but the Barkley episode. I WISH I had missed the Cheadle episode as well.

That is one of my favorites...Barkley hits on some really good points.

Smallville
08-24-2011, 07:27 PM
That is one of my favorites...Barkley hits on some really good points.

But we've already seen Barkley. And he's not a golfer or related to the golf industry other than he has a funny swing. This is the Golf Channel, so they should show golf related content. Cheadle and Barkely are not it for me. Other than they play golf.

c0ncept
08-24-2011, 07:29 PM
But we've already seen Barkley. And he's not a golfer or related to the golf industry other than he has a funny swing. This is the Golf Channel, so they should show golf related content. Cheadle and Barkely are not it for me. Other than they play golf.

Barkley actually talked more about golf then anything else. I was surprised tbh.

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/feherty-missed-cuts-barkley-071211/

Smallville
08-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Barkley actually talked more about golf then anything else. I was surprised tbh.

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/feherty-missed-cuts-barkley-071211/

That's fine, but he's still not a golfer, he's a retired basketball player. I just don't care. He had a whole show on him that I got sucked into watching the whole season and he never got better. He's old news. Keep actual golf people on this show.

c0ncept
08-24-2011, 07:34 PM
That's fine, but he's still not a golfer, he's a retired basketball player. I just don't care. He had a whole show on him that I got sucked into watching the whole season and he never got better. He's old news. Keep actual golf people on this show.

I agree completely but it was the mental stuff and competition stuff that Barkley talked about that got to me. I didnt bother watching the Cheadle one because it doesnt interest me...I just caught the online clip from the Barkley one and I really liked it.

Smallville
08-31-2011, 02:17 AM
Just watched the Luke Donald episode. Another good effort. And he does look a lot like George Brett.

Next week is Greg Norman.

d_in_la
08-31-2011, 03:58 AM
I've enjoyed all the episodes so far. Mostly because golf is just a thread about their lives and not just the focus. Although, being that it is the Golf Channel, Cheadle should have been a later episode, not the first. I also think the humor and skits in that one really killed it - and not in a good way. My favorite so far was the Tom Watson one, nearly brought tears to my eyes.

MC73
08-31-2011, 06:19 AM
Living in the UK we don't get the Golf Channel so miss the show, I happened to watch it when in the US in June/July on holiday and caught episodes with Don Cheadle and Tom Watson and found the programme very good. I wish Sky would do a deal with the Golf Channel so we could get it here.

MarcW
08-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Luke's wife is HOT

Spaceman_Spiff
08-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Luke's wife is HOT

Fo shizzle! I thought the Donald episode last night was great. My wife actually enjoyed this interview as well and that makes it much easier to watch. I appreciate Feherty's humor but sometimes I think he tries a little too hard. I dont' think he has to try to be funny... the Clarke interview and interaction was great and seemed much more natural IMO.

FrankA
09-06-2011, 09:15 PM
I have been enjoying this show for the last several weeks. I like the interviews and he is pretty funny. I also like the fact that he supports addiction and mental health treatment and therapy. Something that makes my job easier. What does everyone else think about the show?

TexasHacker34
09-06-2011, 09:16 PM
I think his show is hillarious, so no you arent the only one

hartattack52
I have been enjoying this show for the last several weeks. I like the interviews and he is pretty funny. I also like the fact that he supports addiction and mental health treatment and therapy. Something that makes my job easier. What does everyone else think about the show?I have seen most of the episodes. I think it is pretty good. I like him though. He is funny.

Smallville
We actually have a thread on the show on the forum. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?20174-New-David-Feherty-show-coming-to-Golf-Channel&highlight=feherty (http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?20174-New-David-Feherty-show-coming-to-Golf-Channel&highlight=feherty).

Hawk
I follow his Twitter feed and enjoy his work during broadcasts. I don't have TGC, so I've never seen the show.

FrankA
09-06-2011, 09:19 PM
I for the life of me can't figure out how to post a replay with the quote working right. But thanks Smallville for the help. Still figuring out message boards.
We actually have a thread on the show on the forum. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?20174-New-David-Feherty-show-coming-to-Golf-Channel&highlight=feherty (http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?20174-New-David-Feherty-show-coming-to-Golf-Channel&highlight=feherty).

FrankA
09-06-2011, 09:21 PM
I follow his Twitter feed and enjoy his work during broadcasts. I don't have TGC, so I've never seen the show.

Wow, sorry Hawk. You need to get that. Do they have the entire shows on thegolfchannel.com?

Chunkylover77
09-06-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't like him to be honest. Seems like a nice guy and all and I like his life story. His humor just seems forced to me and I just don't laugh at it. To each his own though. I do tend to like him whenever he gets serious though. His interview with Watson was great

FrankA
09-06-2011, 09:24 PM
I don't like him to be honest. Seems like a nice guy and all and I like his life story. His humor just seems forced to me and I just don't laugh at it. To each his own though. I do tend to like him whenever he gets serious though. His interview with Watson was great

I think he may be more of an R rated guy and has to make it pg 13 for TV. If this was on HBO or Showtime it may even be better.

Chunkylover77
09-06-2011, 09:25 PM
I think he may be more of an R rated guy and has to make it pg 13 for TV. If this was on HBO or Showtime it may even be better.

I don't know about that. His personality just seems forced to me. He's popular though so I know I'm the one that just doesn't get it.

War Eagle
09-06-2011, 09:25 PM

I agree with that assessment. His humor seems forced, a lot of the time it seems kind of awkward. However, I do like him as a commentator and the work he does with broadcasting.

Kmac
09-06-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't care for him. I think his commentary gets annoying and don't find it funny. So you can guess how I feel about his show which I haven't watch and dont plan to.

Chunkylover77
09-06-2011, 09:28 PM
I agree with that assessment. His humor seems forced, a lot of the time it seems kind of awkward. However, I do like him as a commentator and the work he does with broadcasting.

It's funny because I do think he's there for a bit of comic relief. But I find him much better when he's being serious. It was truly touching watching him talk to Watson about his difficulties with alcohol.

cj3ap2
09-06-2011, 09:29 PM

I concur

putterSRT11
09-06-2011, 09:31 PM
I think hes got a good show going. Really enjoy the guests he has on the show like rory, darren, luke. I want to see someone like Foley come on the show though.

Tadashi70
09-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Always a fan of David F. and his show. He really has found his nitch.

Kongfrontation

WPoz
09-06-2011, 09:42 PM
I really enjoy the show and the guests he has had so far have been great. Its awesome hearing some of the stories that Lee Travino shared.

Sent using Tapatalk

sharkwrestler
09-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Your not the only one, he has an entertaining show.

SwampDog35
09-06-2011, 09:55 PM
You are not the only one. I'm loving the show!

tnc200
09-06-2011, 10:21 PM
I like Feherety as well. I don't get TGC either so I miss his show. But as announcer he adds a great viewpoint to any tourney. He keeps Miller and Sir Nick in line as well, he has a way of doing it without being rude, sometimes.

bgammill
09-06-2011, 10:30 PM
I think its a great show. Gives a great example of the inside of their lives. I hated the one with Miller but I can't stand Miller in the first place.

bhilln
09-06-2011, 10:33 PM
I think he is ok as an announcer but I do enjoy his show. He has done some great interviews this year on his show and seems to have a great connection with those he features.

FrankA
09-06-2011, 10:34 PM
I think its a great show. Gives a great example of the inside of their lives. I hated the one with Miller but I can't stand Miller in the first place.

Johnny Miller does seem to suck the exciting out of everything

gpt104
09-06-2011, 10:41 PM

Great point. I enjoy the show on TGC, even if sometimes he is a bit much.

WPoz
09-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Johnny Miller does seem to suck the exciting out of everything

I second that comment.

Sent using Tapatalk

d_in_la
09-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Feherty is at his best when the comedy fits in the flow of the narrative. Sometimes on the course I feel like the director in the truck says something like "...and switch to Feherty for a funny comment in 3, 2 ...." Most of the shows have been good to great with a few stinkers. He had some hilarious quips with Luke Donald and Darren Clarke.

golfinFF
09-06-2011, 11:48 PM
i like his show it is pretty funny plus getting some insight into his guests is quite cool.

BulldogsGolf
09-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Tonite's episode was really good. Greg Norman is one of golf's most intelligent men. He is someone I aspire to emulate....if that makes sense :)

50 Eggs
09-07-2011, 12:17 AM
I enjoy Feherty when he is not trying too hard to ham it up (ie: reading viewer email and mugging for the camera). I am interested in watching the Norman replay later this week. I was watching Sprout with my little girls before bed when it came on earlier tonight. I thought the Watson interview was particularly good, but I think the Darren Clarke would have considerably better had they not wasted so much darn time on the soda bread.

Nicklausfan
09-07-2011, 12:20 AM
I have been enjoying this show for the last several weeks. I like the interviews and he is pretty funny. I also like the fact that he supports addiction and mental health treatment and therapy. Something that makes my job easier. What does everyone else think about the show?

I love the show. It sheds a different light on everyone interviewed. It's serious with a dash of comic relief. My wife really enjoys his show as well.

Alex

wawabau
09-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Wow, sorry Hawk. You need to get that. Do they have the entire shows on thegolfchannel.com?

Not for the Feherty show I think, just bits and pieces. I like the guy, too bad I don't have the TGC either.

MattyKrack17
09-07-2011, 12:29 AM
i love the show, but he seems he only interviws non americans lol

wcueb923
09-07-2011, 12:32 AM
I love his show. They got better with time

tdinbr
09-07-2011, 12:41 AM
Like the interviews. Hate the little stories/jokes he tells in front of the little crowds while he's on a stage. That is what feels forced to me.

hongman
09-07-2011, 12:47 AM
I've watched most of his shows and find Feherty both charmingly witty and insightful with both his questions and tomfoolery bits. I especially liked his interviews with caddies Bones and Fluff, as well as more recently with Darren Clarke. Some of his questions to Bones and Fluff about aspects of relationships with their players, and how they either suceeded, or not, in talking players out of certain shots were great, and their respective responses were enlightening to me. Feherty's humor may seem slightly forced at times, until I remember he's from Ireland/UK, then it all falls in place for me.

I bet you can guess that I enjoy the show alot, so no you are not alone in that regard!

Smallville
09-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Since this new thread has turned into mostly talk about the show, I went ahead and merged it with the show thread.

c0ncept
09-07-2011, 02:22 AM
The show really is getting better as it goes on longer. The shark was great tonight.

HoosierGolfer
09-07-2011, 07:56 AM
I've enjoyed the show since he decided to stick with golfer's, but it looks like he is drifting off course again with the next one.

MarcW
09-07-2011, 09:32 AM
I've enjoyed the show since he decided to stick with golfer's, but it looks like he is drifting off course again with the next one.

Exactly, the Greg Norman show was good, won't even bother watching next week.

Bandwagon03
09-07-2011, 10:35 AM
I like this show a lot, however, I do disagree with the people that say that they don't like it when he talks to "non-golf" people.
You don't have to be a professional to talk about Golf, and the difference it has made to you...

Bandwagon03
09-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Sorry Duplicate Post!

drewwood
09-07-2011, 10:36 AM
I love this show.

Spaceman_Spiff
09-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Got to check out the new Norman episode last night... I live in Colorado, and his ranch is just mind boggling. I've never been to Meeker but that was just flat out awesome to see all that Greg has earned. I'll still watch next weeks episode despite Tony. I noticed they definitely got rid of all the other other stuff like David's stand up, among other things that were totally sidebar. All in all though, I think Feherty and TGC did well with this show.

MarcW
09-07-2011, 11:05 AM
I like this show a lot, however, I do disagree with the people that say that they don't like it when he talks to "non-golf" people.
You don't have to be a professional to talk about Golf, and the difference it has made to you...

It's not so much that they are "non-golf" people, but I have no interest in Don Cheadle or Tony Romo. If he interviewed Jimmy Buffett I'd be all over it.

Smallville
09-07-2011, 01:12 PM

And of course I will disagree with you on this subject. It's TGC and the reason I tune in is for golf. If I want to hear an interview with a celebrity, there are other channels and shows I'll watch.

biggsy
09-07-2011, 05:14 PM
The Norman episode is my favorite thus far. Very insightful and intelligent. It's no wonder he's successful on and off the course.

I had no idea he had that compound in Colorado. Unreal gun collection and he has just as many in Florida. I've seen that 50 cal handgun, really nice piece of hardware.

I'll say it again. I met Feherty and he's a really nice, engaging and humorous person.

You poor, deprived soul!

Spaceman_Spiff
09-07-2011, 05:58 PM
The Norman episode is my favorite thus far. Very insightful and intelligent. It's no wonder he's successful on and off the course.

I had no idea he had that compound in Colorado. Unreal gun collection and he has just as many in Florida. I've seen that 50 cal handgun, really nice piece of hardware.

I'll say it again. I met Feherty and he's a really nice, engaging and humorous person.

You poor, deprived soul!

That handgun was absolutely SICK! I am still in awe just thinking about his "Ranch" but you described it much better as a compound. And that gun room?!?!?! DANG! He was laying it down to with the .50 cal!

HoosierGolfer
09-07-2011, 06:29 PM

I disagree. If I want to watch someone talk to Romo (and I don't), I'll go to the NFL channel. Wish I could say the same for that Don guy......I still have no idea who he was or what he had to with golf. It is a golf show being done by a golf guy on a golf channel. Just stick to golf and golf people. How hard can that be?

Lance0363
09-07-2011, 08:38 PM
I have to say that the Greg Norman show has been the best in the series. I was always a Shark fan, and I'm even more impressed with him now. He's just as great of a businessman as he was a golfer.
I think Feherty's style brings out the real person in his interviews.(at least it seems that way to me)

NDeCelle
09-08-2011, 08:41 AM
I really enjoy this show.

biggsy
09-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Caught it again last night and that part where Feherty farts had me rolling. Norman has a good sense of humor.

Smallville
09-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Good show. Should have made Norman be the season finale. Don't think I'll be watching the actual season finale.

IceyShanks
02-28-2012, 03:17 PM
I thought the episode last night with Garcia was great.

RonInThornton
02-28-2012, 03:27 PM
I thought the episode last night with Garcia was great.

So did I , never really knew much about him. He appears to be a genuinely nice guy and really grounded.

mikedean441
02-28-2012, 04:23 PM
So did I , never really knew much about him. He appears to be a genuinely nice guy and really grounded.

Only saw the first half of it, wasnt bad at all

IceyShanks
02-28-2012, 04:58 PM

I thought the exact same thing, I've always thought he would be a little loud and rambunctious, but not at all. seemed very nice.

Gianna1025
02-28-2012, 05:01 PM
I really enjoyed last nights episode. It shined a whole new light on my thoughts about Sergio. Never really liked him until last night!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TIGolfer1996
02-28-2012, 05:10 PM
I had the oppurtunity of meeting Sergio at the BMW championship a few years back. Well not meeting him but he couldnt find his ball, no one could, and i was the only one to see it. So I kindly asked the Marshal if I could point it out to his caddy. well his caddy was off looking for it so Sergio was right there, and the marshal told me "just tell sergio yourself!" I said, like the nervous kid I was, hey sergio its right over here. He signed a glove for me and said "Thanks Kid" I guess I helped him out, real class guy.

HuskAir
02-28-2012, 05:18 PM
I had the oppurtunity of meeting Sergio at the BMW championship a few years back. Well not meeting him but he couldnt find his ball, no one could, and i was the only one to see it. So I kindly asked the Marshal if I could point it out to his caddy. well his caddy was off looking for it so Sergio was right there, and the marshal told me "just tell sergio yourself!" I said, like the nervous kid I was, hey sergio its right over here. He signed a glove for me and said "Thanks Kid" I guess I helped him out, real class guy.

Cool story. Sergio always came across as a real likeable, classy guy (when he wasn't waggling for 5 minutes, prior to his shots).

IceyShanks
02-28-2012, 06:59 PM
That's an awesome story, where do you display the glove?

superhawk
02-29-2012, 01:51 AM
Has Feherty got a haircut yet?

Golf Ghost
03-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Wow this interview with Kurt Russel is amazing.

FrankA
03-05-2012, 11:36 PM

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRiYtbjyzYbm0UVTlvdKDyA-toCebqzfvqTDXa9O98WAlLp95H

Steel President
03-06-2012, 12:17 AM

Haha, he looks a bit different than I remembered.

Steel Tappin'

JeffReedMO
03-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Kurt Russell? WTF? You are going Overboard in your comments. I mean, the Tombstone of the guy on Feherty tonight would not say Kurt Russell and it wouldn't say that he had to Escape From New York or had Big Trouble In Little China.

Wake
03-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Kurt Russell? WTF? You are going Overboard in your comments. I mean, the Tombstone of the guy on Feherty tonight would not say Kurt Russell and it wouldn't say that he had to Escape From New York or had Big Trouble In Little China.

Lol, Kurt russell hasn't looked the same since he made the Executive Decision to Escape From L.A. with Captain Ron.

JeffReedMO
03-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Lol, Kurt russell hasn't looked the same since he made the Executive Decision to Escape From L.A. with Captain Ron.

Well it's a Miracle that Tango & Cash aren't watching this. Luckily, Kurt didn't have a Breakdown or Backdraft at 3000 Miles To Graceland.

Wake
03-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Feherty proved that Kurt Russell is Death Proof, even when he made Unlawful Entry into the Stargate, he still ended up in that Dark Blue Vanilla Sky.

JeffReedMO
03-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Feherty proved that Kurt Russell is Death Proof, even when he made Unlawful Entry into the Stargate, he still ended up in that Dark Blue Vanilla Sky.

I am still laughing about escaping from LA with Captain Ron. That was a classic. Well played, well played indeed.

Wake
03-06-2012, 12:43 AM
I am still laughing about escaping from LA with Captain Ron. That was a classic. Well played, well played indeed.

I was glad you didn't come back with anything, I was tapped out. The best part of that line is they are both GREAT movies.

JeffReedMO
03-06-2012, 12:44 AM
I was glad you didn't come back with anything, I was tapped out. The best part of that line is they are both GREAT movies.

Well, I had no idea that Kurt Russell was the voice of Elvis Presley on Forrest Gump. No clue. Learn something new everyday.

motoo344
03-06-2012, 12:45 AM
I really enjoyed that episode with Bill Russell tonight. What an interesting conversation, Bill has a great outlook on life.

Wake
03-06-2012, 12:46 AM
I really enjoyed that episode with Bill Russell tonight. What an interesting conversation, Bill has a great outlook on life.

Who's Bill, I thought we were talking about Kurt?

It was a great interview. That PW was LONG.

Steel President
03-06-2012, 12:47 AM
I also just finished the Bill Russell episode. Just wonderful. He's a great individual.

Feherty is 2/2 this season. I really love his show and I'm glad the episodes are an hour.

Steel Tappin'

JeffReedMO
03-06-2012, 12:47 AM

I missed it. I am going to have to catch the replay.

motoo344
03-06-2012, 12:52 AM
I missed it. I am going to have to catch the replay.

It was a great episode, Bill is so humble and he shared some cool stories.

JeffReedMO
03-06-2012, 01:02 AM
It was a great episode, Bill is so humble and he shared some cool stories.

I have always been impressed by Bill Russell. Today's NBA'ers could learn a lot from that man and I wish they would.

Golf Ghost
03-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Yeah, my bad guys. It was Bill, not Kurt.

No idea why Kurt came to mind.

mikedean441
03-06-2012, 09:39 AM
saw the first half of the episode, I enjoyed it, will have to catch the 2nd half on a replay

Smallville
03-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Wow this interview with Kurt Russel is amazing.LMAO.

Yeah, my bad guys. It was Bill, not Kurt.

No idea why Kurt came to mind.It gave everyone a laugh.

Just watched the Sergio show, and now we're watching Kurt Bill Russell.

Feherty is freaking hilarious.

Kmac
03-08-2012, 02:54 PM
There is no worse jingle on tv then the stupid Feherty one that always plays on the GC. I despise it.

Smallville
03-08-2012, 03:10 PM
There is no worse jingle on tv then the stupid Feherty one that always plays on the GC. I despise it.
Just for you kmac, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLBt9DkTrtI

Kmac
03-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Just for you kmac, haha.[/video]

I refuse to click and I even deleted the video out of my reply.

ddec
03-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Just for you kmac, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLBt9DkTrtI

that needs to become my ringtone

Smallville
03-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Just set it up to be what rings if kmac calls!

Kmac
03-08-2012, 03:18 PM

Dont do it ddec. I would hate for your phone to have a terrible accident.

ddec
03-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Dont do it ddec. I would hate for your phone to have a terrible accident.

haha my phone will mysteriously go missing at the outing.

Kmac
03-08-2012, 03:23 PM
haha my phone will mysteriously go missing at the outing.

Is that the Feherty song coming from the pond?? wtc? lol

threeboysdad
03-08-2012, 03:44 PM
I think it is a clever jingle and I like it.

Here you go KMAC,

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/feherty/fehertys-ringtone/?cid=facebook_A_feh_FEHERTYRINGTONE

Kmac
03-08-2012, 03:51 PM

Here you go KMAC,

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/feherty/fehertys-ringtone/?cid=facebook_A_feh_FEHERTYRINGTONE

Never! Makes me want to break things when I hear that song.

ddec
03-08-2012, 04:00 PM

Here you go KMAC,

now that's awesome! that will be on my phone tonight just for Kmac

Smallville
03-08-2012, 06:18 PM
now that's awesome! that will be on my phone tonight just for KmacI just recorded the video on my voice recorder on my phone and set it as my ringtone.

Smallville
03-12-2012, 01:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwPFv-YSqoA

motoo344
03-12-2012, 01:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwPFv-YSqoA

This made me laugh.

MudFlap
03-12-2012, 11:17 AM

Here you go KMAC,

Everyone going to the outing should make this their ringtone, Kmac will go nuts! lol.

It's also on itunes, search Yoo-Hoo. For $1.29 it was easier for me to buy it then all the steps required to get it as a text tone on my iphone. I'm lazy like that.

Golf Ghost
03-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Episode last night with Butch was great. Think this season thus far has been heads and shoulders above the first.

inthehole
03-13-2012, 09:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwpfv-ysqoa

too funny !!

JRod
05-19-2012, 07:53 AM
I just watched the interview with Bill Clinton. Man I still wish we had that guy in office. I'm not a Democrat either. Such an intelligent individual.

Thainer21
05-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Bill Clinton is a very likable individual.

bgammill
05-25-2012, 09:34 PM
On today's broadcast I heard he just came from an interview with John Daly, cant wait to see that show.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Smallville
05-26-2012, 01:01 AM
On today's broadcast I heard he just came from an interview with John Daly, cant wait to see that show.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2I won't be wasting my time with that show.

Thainer21
05-26-2012, 01:20 AM
Can someone just change this damn thread title to TGC's Feherty Show... The newer members would undoubtedly appreciate it.

arydolphin
05-26-2012, 03:30 AM
Can someone just change this damn thread title to TGC's Feherty Show... The newer members would undoubtedly appreciate it.

Huge +1 on this one, especially because I started this thread and I'm pretty sure this wasn't the initial thread title.

Smallville
06-14-2012, 11:43 AM
LOL @ the subtitles so you know what Graeme and David are saying!

IceyShanks
06-14-2012, 11:58 AM
LOL @ the subtitles so you know what Graeme and David are saying!

That was one of the skits I actually enjoyed, it was even better than the Sergio chasing him down in the bull ring!