PDA

View Full Version : 2012 COBRA Baffler T-Rail

GolferGal
01-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Continuing with the the new 2012 offering from Cobra Golf here are some pictures of the new Baffler T-Rail. Stay tuned for a review to come.

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/photos/i-wsDc6LW/1/L/i-wsDc6LW-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/photos/i-DGtTzR7/1/L/i-DGtTzR7-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/photos/i-54XQhMd/1/L/i-54XQhMd-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/photos/i-nvSPVCL/1/L/i-nvSPVCL-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/photos/i-hZ53Vv4/1/L/i-hZ53Vv4-L.jpg

Chunkylover77
01-01-2012, 09:41 AM
I actually like the looks of this club. Can't wait to read the reviews!

Ole Gray
01-01-2012, 09:44 AM
This I like much better than their new driver in the appearance department. Much cleaner and traditional looks which I prefer. The driver would have been better received, at least by me, looking just like this hybrid.

milo
01-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Looking forward to this review.

Tadashi70
01-01-2012, 10:23 AM
No overly impressed with the look of these. Performance my take that away

TwoSolitudes
01-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Looks like a huge hybrid. These look a bit like the old Cleveland XLS woods with the scooped out crown. Looks waaaaaaaaaaay better than the orange line.

Howzat
01-01-2012, 11:17 AM
That does look more like a fairway than a hybrid to me. I kind of like the two lines on the crown. I think the color scheme looks good.

GolferGal
01-01-2012, 11:23 AM
I made a mistake in the title, this is a 7 Wood not a hybrid. That's what I get for putting this up before my coffee.

INgolfer
01-01-2012, 11:35 AM
I am not a fan of this one as much as I am of the AMP line. I don't like all the graphics on top or the alignment line that they put on the crown parallel to the face. Just too much going on there for me. I think they nailed it with the AMP looks.

War Eagle
01-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Looks clean, a bit much going on with the graphics on the shaft though. The club face looks very, very small.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Smallville
01-01-2012, 11:55 AM
I like this everywhere but the address position. Don't really like the design of the top.

Damaikis
01-01-2012, 01:54 PM
I really like the look of this one too. Cobra's new line looks all-around wonderful IMO.

homesy68
01-01-2012, 02:03 PM
No overly impressed with the look of these. Performance my take that away

no i dont like the look either,but it will probably perform well like must cobras do

d_in_la
01-01-2012, 04:43 PM
At first blush it rubs me of a callaway driver from the top, although that last pick makes it look like it has a double-busted upper lip. Curious to hear how the dual rails work - especially in comparo to the Cleveland's.

Hawk
01-01-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm not loving the look from address, but does look like it would be an easy to one to get airborne with that shallow face.

coolbreeze
01-01-2012, 11:46 PM
I think I like the looks of this the least of all the new releases from Cobra.

SW
01-02-2012, 12:38 AM
I like this one the most of all the new releases, especially the crown design for some reason. On the sole right above the a, what is that little circle?

On another note, is there a more beautiful thing than the face of an unhit golf club!

--
tapatalk

War Eagle
01-02-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm not loving the look from address, but does look like it would be an easy to one to get airborne with that shallow face.
Not a fan of the two stripes when looking down on it. Take that away (or some paintfill?) and I like the looks alot.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
01-02-2012, 09:51 AM
I really like the look of this. I like view at address.

Hanks
01-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Like the shallow face, hate the alignment aid

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Ole Gray
01-02-2012, 10:33 AM
The shallow face does look very appealing for those tie lies you run up on occasionally. Heck it probably would work real well at my golf course! I am going to keep an eye on this one.

DawgDaddy
01-02-2012, 10:37 AM
I am one of those who actually like the looks of this club, and I really like the 2 lines on top, they look really good to me.

Ole Gray
01-02-2012, 10:39 AM
I am one of those who actually like the looks of this club, and I really like the 2 lines on top, they look really good to me.

Dawg I am also a fan of the two lines on top. I believe they would be an awesome alignment aid!

Drumdog
01-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Hmmm....not a real fan of the view from the top, but still looking forward to the reviews.

royalwulff
01-02-2012, 12:25 PM
I am undecided about the looks of the crown of this club, which is strange as I like the looks of my Octane, and the new Cally driver with the red on the crown.

Hawk
01-18-2012, 11:42 PM
I'll be reviewing this one for our homepage. Thought I'd share a few photos I shot of it tonight. I didn't realize it, but the yellow is more of a neon color. This is the 3wood and it's ultra-shallow. The grip is a Lamkin N-Dur.

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/Category/Ryans-Gallery/i-WddqsbS/0/L/DSCN0166-L.jpg
http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/Category/Ryans-Gallery/i-Jt66zMw/0/L/DSCN0173-L.jpg
http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/Category/Ryans-Gallery/i-2BrDD22/1/L/DSCN0178-L.jpg
http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/Category/Ryans-Gallery/i-tvXnT2n/1/L/DSCN0180-L.jpghttp://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/Category/Ryans-Gallery/i-tzk8NC9/0/L/DSCN0167-L.jpg

Damaikis
01-18-2012, 11:46 PM
That looks great Hawk. I'm excited to hear your feedback. I think my favorite parts are the grip and headcover.

Hawk
01-18-2012, 11:48 PM
The headcover is pretty loud for sure. Not incredibly easy to get on the club either. The grip is good, though also very noticeable. Quite grippy. Hope to hit this over the weekend.

Wake
01-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Looking forward to your thoughts Hawk. I could do without the neon yellow, but the club looks like it could be great off the deck.

ddec
01-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Can't wait to hear more Hawk. I'm wondering how this would compare to the Mashie FW with it's gliderails. How do you like the look of it now that you've seen it in person?

Hawk
01-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Can't wait to hear more Hawk. I'm wondering how this would compare to the Mashie FW with it's gliderails. How do you like the look of it now that you've seen it in person?

Well, I'd like it more if the grip was black for sure. The shaft looks nice and the head is pretty wide and shallow, which is a good thing imo. I'm pretty neutral on the alignment lines in person. I know they both have gliderails, but that really is about the only thing similar to the Mashie. It's longer, shallower, and sets up very much like a normal fairway wood.

Tmex
01-19-2012, 10:55 AM
What's gonna really be interesting is seeing how it interacts with the turf and how that shaft performs. Pretty curious about the shaft.

ddec
01-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Well, I'd like it more if the grip was black for sure. The shaft looks nice and the head is pretty wide and shallow, which is a good thing imo. I'm pretty neutral on the alignment lines in person. I know they both have gliderails, but that really is about the only thing similar to the Mashie. It's longer, shallower, and sets up very much like a normal fairway wood.

Thanks. I remember the last Baffler FW was pretty easy to get airborne. I'd imagine this is pretty similar in that aspect. I'm not a fan of the neon grip either.

Kmac
01-19-2012, 10:59 AM
One picture the grip looks white but then in the other its clearly heinous green, thats too bad. I do like the look of the head though and curios about how that shaft works in it.

One-T
01-19-2012, 11:12 AM
I love the colors and the grip...awesome. I hope its a performer

ddec
01-19-2012, 11:19 AM
I love the colors and the grip...awesome. I hope its a performer

If I remember right you wanted neon green grips at one point last year

TwoSolitudes
01-19-2012, 11:22 AM
This was the only Cobra model I kind of liked- but the new pics, that neon green and that grip... ugghh. I also hated what they did to the ZL design and the Long Tom is ridiculous. I guess I am no longer anywhere close to Cobra's market. My interest in the 2012 line up is zero.

ddec
01-19-2012, 11:23 AM
This was the only Cobra model I kind of liked- but the new pics, that neon green and that grip... ugghh. I also hated what they did to the ZL design and the Long Tom is ridiculous. I guess I am no longer anywhere close to Cobra's market. My interest in the 2012 line up is zero.

Have you seen the ZL encore white? Much better looking than the black

Badass
01-19-2012, 11:26 AM
I like the looks of this! I have a Cobra hybrid and love it, so this might be worth a try.

Kmac
01-19-2012, 11:27 AM

Sort of right there with you. Although I think the white ZL is a very good looking club.

TC
01-19-2012, 11:27 AM
It looks great. I can't wait to try it out.

One-T
01-19-2012, 11:29 AM
If I remember right you wanted neon green grips at one point last year

not so much neon, but I did order these and LOVED them

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/uploads/monthly_08_2010/post-38336-057892500 1282414779_thumb.jpg

#Cookie
01-19-2012, 11:40 AM
I think it's a good looking club. The lines on the crown are not bad but I don't love them either. I do like the shallow face but agree with Hawk that a black grip would look better.

Don't like to hear about the headcover being hard to get on/off. Hawk: is it more of a hard plastic material that does not flex well that is making it difficult to get on/remove? Looks like it is kind of already formed in a shape and unless the bottom of it is really flexible or expanding with elastic then I could see how it would be difficult.

Hawk
01-19-2012, 12:08 PM
One picture the grip looks white but then in the other its clearly heinous green, thats too bad. I do like the look of the head though and curios about how that shaft works in it.

In person it is very much a highlighter yellow/green. Never hit the shaft before, so that will be a new experience for me.

I think it's a good looking club. The lines on the crown are not bad but I don't love them either. I do like the shallow face but agree with Hawk that a black grip would look better.

Don't like to hear about the headcover being hard to get on/off. Hawk: is it more of a hard plastic material that does not flex well that is making it difficult to get on/remove? Looks like it is kind of already formed in a shape and unless the bottom of it is really flexible or expanding with elastic then I could see how it would be difficult.

Hard to explain, but there are flexible parts and harder parts. Almost like there's a skeleton inside it.

Ole Gray
01-19-2012, 12:35 PM
It looks great. I can't wait to try it out.

Huh? :bulgy-eyes:

Arkie_3_fan
01-19-2012, 01:01 PM
I don't care for the green/yellow near as much as I do the orange of the AMP line, but it's still a nice looking club and I'm interested to hear how it performs on the course. After all, performance is the most important thing anyway.

Hawk
01-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Hit this one a handful of times this evening and don't have a ton of info for you yet. The grip is a bit on the harsh side. The head sets up nicely and the shallow face definitely is a confidence booster. Solid tingy sound at impact. Sort of struggled with some sidespin issues when I swung it tonight, so I'll leave it at that. More to come soon.

JeffReedMO
01-25-2012, 11:49 PM
That is one sweet looking club!

Bryger
01-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Anyone get a chance to swing the baffler hybrid yet? Wanted last year's but they were sold out of 19* models...I'm hoping these new ones are equally as foolproof.

Clarkey
01-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Got my hands on the new cobra woods line today the t rail looked better in Person but I'm still not a fan of the yellow sight Lines! The amped line looks like it could mean buisness a big step in the right way for cobra! Plus Rickie is hitting the ball well this weekend that always helps!

Hawk
02-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm not going to completely close the books on this review, but I didn't care much for this today. Getting it outside enabled me to hear the sound a little better and it wasn't especially pleasant. I didn't think it was nearly as forgiving off the turf as the Mashie. I also had some left issues with it for some reason. Still, I'll give it some more time to see what happens.

MattyKrack17
02-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Any updates?

Hawk
02-08-2012, 03:21 PM
I just posted one four days ago, but haven't hit clubs since. Any specifics that you were wondering about?

MattyKrack17
02-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Distance. With all the new fairways coming out. I need a 13* fw for my new set up and this is one of the only ones that comes in with a 13 option

Hawk
02-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Hopefully I get a chance to hit it outdoors again for you. On the monitor I was getting typical distance for a 3w, but I don't have any averages on hand at the moment. Nothing abnormally short or long. Seems to launch pretty high with mid/high ball flight on well struck shots.

Outside, I really struggled with it. Especially off the turf. Granted, I was hitting it against the Mashie fwy, so that may be clouding things a bit. I had a hard time controlling it. It wanted to go left on me and I wasn't seeing that forgiveness I got from the Mashie. Surely an issue with the user as well, but I was missing high on the face and it wasn't going very far for me on those shots. Truthfully, I thought it sounded awful when I hit it outdoors.

MattyKrack17
02-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks. I like the looks. It's just so hard to wait until demo day lol

Hawk
02-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Yea, you should hit it first for sure. I can think of at least 4 fairways I'd choose before this one right now, but like I said, I want to give it another shot.

MattyKrack17
02-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Mashie might work since it comes in a 14*

Hawk
02-08-2012, 03:43 PM
That would be a good one to check out as well. Who knows - this one could work well for you too.

Hawk
02-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Confirmed today that the sound/feel is just not there with this. It's a very muted, high-pitched sound that doesn't do much for me. I did hit it pretty well today and the distance is there on well struck shots. I'll try to get it out on the grass one more time before I wrap the review up. It's been sort of bi-polar for me thus far.

MattyKrack17
02-12-2012, 10:52 PM
I hit it at gg. Wasn't wowed by it either. I did like the neon on the head lol

Hawk
02-12-2012, 10:53 PM
I hit it at gg. Wasn't wowed by it either. I did like the neon on the head lol

I actually like the shape and the shallow face, but the yellow is not good to my eyes. Just not my style.

MattyKrack17
02-12-2012, 10:56 PM
I'll further test it when your finished it you want... Lol

Hawk
02-12-2012, 11:00 PM
I'll further test it when your finished it you want... Lol

Absolutely. It will be at the outing in May :)

Oneputtforpar
02-12-2012, 11:00 PM
I like the looks of this club, though I would replace the grip right away. And I am looking at the hybrid version too. I am looking to update my hybrids this year and this is a model I am keeping my eye on.

MattyKrack17
02-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Absolutely. It will be at the outing in May :)

Sweet lol

Hawk
03-10-2012, 03:47 PM
I'll be finishing this review in the next couple days. I keep taking the club back out because I keep thinking it needs one more chance to prove itself.

I did a little test today. The details wouldn't end up being great for a review, but I thought some may find it interesting.

There was a flag 220 yards from me that was playing into a strong quartering wind. I hit 2 balls with both the Baffler and the Mashie off the turf from the same spot. I was trying to mimic a situation similar to going for a par 5 green in two. Basically, I wanted to carry around 200 yards.

I hit all four balls well. The grass on this course is long and I'm not seeing roll right now. Results were:

Baffler 16: Both balls landed 3 feet away from each other - about 15 yards off center. They were both GPS'd at 184 yards. Keep in mind this is into a 25-30 mph wind, so that distance is exactly typical. Ball flight was very high.

Mashie 15.5: Both balls in the center of the 'green' in front of the flag about 10 feet from each other. One GPS'd at 196 yards and the other at 198 yards. Ball flight was mid to high.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
08-12-2013, 08:52 PM
I just bought this 5 wood. I'll update the thread as I take it out.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
08-21-2013, 02:55 PM
After two rounds with this baby, I have to say if anyone is looking for a VERY reasonably priced wood, look at this one. I got mine for $82 after having it re-gripped from www.globalgolf.com. $82! brand new! This 5 wood will stay in my bag for a long long time after its initial performance. It's great off the tee and really excels from the fairway and off the deck. So much so that I don't use a tee with it any more on the tee box. Ball flight is perfect as is trajectory. The stock shaft suits my swing very well and the look at address is perfect. The only complaint I have is that the headcover is a pain in neck to get on and off. It is extremely tight. But it's better than being loose I guess. Point being, if you are looking for a solid fw and want to save money, check out this line from Cobra ASAP.

omnitechnews
08-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Can't wait to see the review!

ryebread
08-22-2013, 12:06 PM
After two rounds with this baby, I have to say if anyone is looking for a VERY reasonably priced wood, look at this one. I got mine for $82 after having it re-gripped from www.globalgolf.com (http://www.globalgolf.com). $82! brand new! This 5 wood will stay in my bag for a long long time after its initial performance. It's great off the tee and really excels from the fairway and off the deck. So much so that I don't use a tee with it any more on the tee box. Ball flight is perfect as is trajectory. The stock shaft suits my swing very well and the look at address is perfect. The only complaint I have is that the headcover is a pain in neck to get on and off. It is extremely tight. But it's better than being loose I guess. Point being, if you are looking for a solid fw and want to save money, check out this line from Cobra ASAP.

My guess is that the Baffler T will be easier to hit and get the ball up in the air (and with more draw bias) than the Amp Cell. Let us know though.

Your handicap is low enough that most should trust your opinion. For a hack like me, my swing changes all the time and 1/2 the time I can't put a solid swing on it. Am I really giving a good review? ;) Sub 10 handicaps? Their swings are pretty locked in.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
08-22-2013, 03:43 PM
My guess is that the Baffler T will be easier to hit and get the ball up in the air (and with more draw bias) than the Amp Cell. Let us know though.

Your handicap is low enough that most should trust your opinion. For a hack like me, my swing changes all the time and 1/2 the time I can't put a solid swing on it. Am I really giving a good review? ;) Sub 10 handicaps? Their swings are pretty locked in.

At the same time, while my numbers are pretty good, it isn't like I am on tour. I still make bad swings. It's just that I might be able to recover from them a little better than some. I actually see it as setting up pretty square. There is an ever so slight offset at address, but really it isn't exaggerated at all. I find it very forgiving, and with my swing if there is too much draw bias, I can develop the lefts- I haven't seen any of those at this point. It has been point and shoot thus far. Ball flight is slightly higher than the Amp Cell. It is easier to get airborne as well. The face is pretty hot all the way around. Very very underrated FW in my opinion.

#Cookie
11-02-2013, 08:26 PM
So I put the 19* 3H into play today.

Range: blistered about 4 balls out there and was left at just wow. Absurdly easy to hit and the stock shaft fits me very well.

First chance on course was a short par 4 (4th) and I hit a great ball GPS'ed at 216.

Hit it again on the par 3 6th, 207 into a wind and found the green around 50 feet short of flag.

Same success continued each time I hit this through 18 when I was 185 out into a stiff wind and smoked a nice high ball that finds the middle of a deep green about 40 feet short of a back flag.

I'm sold and want the fairways. Currently monitoring both the 13* and 16* and will have one or both before the Gauntlet.

Wish I would've discovered these a LONG time ago. Wow.

Howzat
11-02-2013, 08:30 PM
You have be very curious pound cookie.

#Cookie
11-02-2013, 08:32 PM
You have be very curious pound cookie.

So freaking good and STUPID cheap. I may want a 22* soon enough as well. Why not?

Howzat
11-02-2013, 08:34 PM
I like that the stock shaft fits you as it will likely be perfect for me.

#Cookie
11-02-2013, 08:35 PM
I like that the stock shaft fits you as it will likely be perfect for me.

I'd never swing a GD shaft (to my knowledge) before this. Definitely opening my eyes and making me think.

ryebread
11-03-2013, 01:09 AM
I'd never swing a GD shaft (to my knowledge) before this. Definitely opening my eyes and making me think.

I really like the GD shafts. The Trilogy line I play has a shaft that I suspect is extremely similar to the one in the Baffler T. I personally love it. You get some kick without feeling like the ball is going to be sprayed everywhere. It's also a little heavier and stouter than some things (e.g. Mashie shafts).

I keep coming back to the Baffler T. If I weren't so happy with the Trilogy, I think this would be what I'd play.

#Cookie
11-03-2013, 08:44 AM
I really like the GD shafts. The Trilogy line I play has a shaft that I suspect is extremely similar to the one in the Baffler T. I personally love it. You get some kick without feeling like the ball is going to be sprayed everywhere. It's also a little heavier and stouter than some things (e.g. Mashie shafts).

I keep coming back to the Baffler T. If I weren't so happy with the Trilogy, I think this would be what I'd play.

Agree completely on the stoutness of the shaft. Like this one so much, I just added another to the bag.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
11-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Glad you love this line Cookie. It might be THE most underrated line up in my golfing lifetime IMO

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
11-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Agree completely on the stoutness of the shaft. Like this one so much, I just added another to the bag.

Dude we are locked in on this one. The stock shaft is money. One of the best stock offerings I have hit in a long time

jspangs
11-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Are you guys talking about the green bafflers or the red bafflers. I loved the baffler head but hated the gd shaft in the green bafflers. I believe the red ones they went with a heavier shaft so i thought i might like it a bit more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

#Cookie
11-04-2013, 07:01 AM
Are you guys talking about the green bafflers or the red bafflers. I loved the baffler head but hated the gd shaft in the green bafflers. I believe the red ones they went with a heavier shaft so i thought i might like it a bit more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Believe it's green with the neon looking grip.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
11-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Believe it's green with the neon looking grip.

Yup that's the one I have. Black head stock green / yellow grip - which I replaced.

#Cookie
11-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Yup that's the one I have. Black head stock green / yellow grip - which I replaced.

I actually likely the grip. Bright, very bright - but has a nice tackiness to it.

afwcardinal
11-04-2013, 10:15 AM
And is very sharp looking IMO.

I actually likely the grip. Bright, very bright - but has a nice tackiness to it.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
11-04-2013, 10:17 AM

It does. And it's a good stock offering. I am just OCD with my grips. I wanted MY grips haha

Hawk
11-04-2013, 10:19 AM
The grip is an REL isn't it?

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
11-04-2013, 10:22 AM
The grip is an REL isn't it?

I think so

jspangs
11-04-2013, 10:23 AM

I got ya, the grip never bothered me but I just couldn't get along with the lightweight shaft. But I kinda wanted try the newer ones with the heavier shaft. It is probably the vest hybrid head I've ever played.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

ryebread
11-04-2013, 12:03 PM
I think the grip is the Lamkin Rel 3 gen. I had that grip on my Amp driver and loved it. It was tacky a long time and actually cleaned up way better than I thought it would. At first I didn't like the bright colors, but then grew to like them a lot.

I personally think the Baffler T is the sleeper of the Cobra line up. The Amp gets all the attention as the top line product, but the Baffler Hybrid/FW are the ones that people seem to be wow'd by.

Has anyone tried down to the 6 and 7 hybrids? Those are very intriguing to me. I could potentially almost go from hybrids to Niblicks and never have to use an iron (which is the weakest part of my game).

For the guys currently playing these, can you comment on sound? That's one thing many seem to love about the Baffler Ts.

giorgiokaan
11-04-2013, 03:07 PM
My little brother has one of these and it is a pretty good club, definitely easy to hit off the deck!

Golferbest
11-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Just purchased two of these 19 and 22 degrees. These reviews made it easy. Thanks

#Cookie
11-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Just purchased two of these 19 and 22 degrees. These reviews made it easy. Thanks

Sweet! I may eventually pick up a 5h also.....need to give the bank account a break first though. :)

JonD
11-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Sweet! I may eventually pick up a 5h also.....need to give the bank account a break first though. :)

Dang Cookie! That's a lot of Bafflers! I had the 2011 (I think) Baffler, which I loved. Not the longest but was super easy to hit off the deck. Are the hybrids as long as you're similarly lofted Speedblades?

#Cookie
11-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Dang Cookie! That's a lot of Bafflers! I had the 2011 (I think) Baffler, which I loved. Not the longest but was super easy to hit off the deck. Are the hybrids as long as you're similarly lofted Speedblades?

I only have the 3h in play now so no chance for a head to head comparison.

I'm a hybrid lover. I think the 3H will grab me 205 on average off the deck, maybe 210.

JonD
11-04-2013, 04:07 PM
I only have the 3h in play now so no chance for a head to head comparison.

I'm a hybrid lover. I think the 3H will grab me 205 on average off the deck, maybe 210.

That's not too shabby at all. Is that comparable to a 5W for you, or close to it?

#Cookie
11-04-2013, 04:09 PM
That's not too shabby at all. Is that comparable to a 5W for you, or close to it?

That would be comparable to a 5w for me. My altitude 4i was a 190 club FWIW.

JonD
11-04-2013, 04:33 PM
That would be comparable to a 5w for me. My altitude 4i was a 190 club FWIW.

Thanks! That's about where I'm at when I hit my 4I well. Doesn't happen often enough to keep a spot in the bag though.

#Cookie
11-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Thanks! That's about where I'm at when I hit my 4I well. Doesn't happen often enough to keep a spot in the bag though.

I've played a ton of hybrids and liked many of them (Boccieri, J40, AMP cell, Cleveland Mashie/Classic, XHP, etc) and this is definitely the easiest and most consistent one that I have swung.

Luckily, they can be had SO cheap right now it's an easy test. I ordered 4 and paid like $220 total.

JonD
11-04-2013, 04:40 PM
I've played a ton of hybrids and liked many of them (Boccieri, J40, AMP cell, Cleveland Mashie/Classic, XHP, etc) and this is definitely the easiest and most consistent one that I have swung.

Luckily, they can be had SO cheap right now it's an easy test. I ordered 4 and paid like $220 total.

That is pretty ridiculous. If the G25 doesn't work out I may give one a run.

Golferbest
11-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Yeah the two I bought was 108 shipped :)

#Cookie
11-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Yeah the two I bought was 108 shipped :)

Silly, huh? I wish they made a 2012 Baffler driver! Haha

Golferbest
11-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Id definitely give it a whack at the price..

ryebread
11-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Silly, huh? I wish they made a 2012 Baffler driver! Haha

Yep, though the Amp Offset was pretty close. That was a point and shoot driver. The shaft wasn't a TourAD, but it had a bit more kick than the standard Amp and really got the ball up in the air. Even the 55G stiff shaft in 10.5 hit the ball fairly high.

I'm interested in the Baffler XL for 2013. I think it's going to be a sleeper.

Tour Edge's Xrail driver design comes with a 60 gram TourAD G series shaft and can be had in both neutral and offset models. I suspect it'd play very similarly to those hybrids (the Trilogy/Xrail plays similar to the Baffler T). The XRail drivers are seemingly tough to find though. I've been on the look out for a while for one spec'd like I want.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
11-04-2013, 06:52 PM
I think the grip is the Lamkin Rel 3 gen. I had that grip on my Amp driver and loved it. It was tacky a long time and actually cleaned up way better than I thought it would. At first I didn't like the bright colors, but then grew to like them a lot.

I personally think the Baffler T is the sleeper of the Cobra line up. The Amp gets all the attention as the top line product, but the Baffler Hybrid/FW are the ones that people seem to be wow'd by.

Has anyone tried down to the 6 and 7 hybrids? Those are very intriguing to me. I could potentially almost go from hybrids to Niblicks and never have to use an iron (which is the weakest part of my game).

For the guys currently playing these, can you comment on sound? That's one thing many seem to love about the Baffler Ts.

I love the sound. I think it is quite deep and very pleasing personally. Not really deep mind you but just a solid sound.

#Cookie
11-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Oh yes, can't wait to get this baby out on the course!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/06/7ata4u2e.jpg

Jman
11-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Your excitedness excites me. That was a fun club in Cali.

#Cookie
11-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Your excitedness excites me. That was a fun club in Cali.

2 down, 2 on da way.

I have high expectations in FL for these clubs debut. Haha

Golferbest
11-06-2013, 02:23 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/07/suhysuzy.jpg

New toys came today!!!

#Cookie
11-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Very nice!! I've got another arriving today also. Haven't been this excited in awhile to get new clubs out on the course!

adwillingham
11-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Cookie's Cobra conversion commences.

#Cookie
11-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Cookie's Cobra conversion commences.

Hahaha, you know something I don't? :angel:

Golferbest
11-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Lol.. I asked around and for an accurate easy to hit wood/hybrid and the people who have it these said tey these or adams. So I did some more research and for 54 dollars a pop, these seemed logical. Im off all weekend and shall but them through a severe testing phase...

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
11-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Very nice!! I've got another arriving today also. Haven't been this excited in awhile to get new clubs out on the course!

Can't wait to hear how great they were bro- enjoy!

#Cookie
11-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Welcome to the family 4 hybrid!

1 more to go. :)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/07/yte7uzut.jpg

Golferbest
11-06-2013, 06:13 PM
A welcome addition to any bag..

Golferbest
11-10-2013, 10:55 AM
These thibgs are just plain awsome. Easy to hit..high launch and consistant...not the longest, but these things are so easy with a smooth swing. I want to get these neon grips for all my clubs lmao

#Cookie
11-10-2013, 06:51 PM
This weekend just reaffirmed how much I love these. Stupid easy to hit and makes "golf easier" for me.

Don't think I had a single *bad* shot with these. Just overly impressed with them.

5 hybrid needs to happen also.

#Cookie
12-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Bag is set for awhile as the 5h arrived yesterday.

So I'm currently gaming the 16* 3w and 3, 4, & 5 hybrids.

I am just finding this entire line so easy to hit off deck or tee and the hybrids are my go to clubs for 2nd shot layups on unreachable par 5's and of course longer par 3's.

Been choking down on the 4h lately to avoid hitting the 5i so really happy to have the 5h in the bag.

IMO, these are the best bang for your buck you will find in a club when they can be found for $50 shipped.

Golferbest
12-18-2013, 08:52 AM
I've been pondering a 5 myself there cookie..I have the 3h and 4h and constantly think about that 5. Pretty sure I'm going to go this route in the mc...decisions decisions

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
12-18-2013, 09:33 AM
I've been pondering a 5 myself there cookie..I have the 3h and 4h and constantly think about that 5. Pretty sure I'm going to go this route in the mc...decisions decisions

If the new baffler line is anything like this one - you guys have some serious weapons at your disposal

#Cookie
12-18-2013, 10:04 AM
If the new baffler line is anything like this one - you guys have some serious weapons at your disposal

No kidding man. I can't wait to try both the bio cell hybrid iron set and Baffler XL hybrid iron set.

I will definitely have one of these in the future as I'm just an enormous fan of solid hybrids flowing seamlessly with irons.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
12-18-2013, 02:15 PM
No kidding man. I can't wait to try both the bio cell hybrid iron set and Baffler XL hybrid iron set.

I will definitely have one of these in the future as I'm just an enormous fan of solid hybrids flowing seamlessly with irons.

It is absolutely the direction I'm going as well

JonD
12-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Bag is set for awhile as the 5h arrived yesterday.

So I'm currently gaming the 16* 3w and 3, 4, & 5 hybrids.

I am just finding this entire line so easy to hit off deck or tee and the hybrids are my go to clubs for 2nd shot layups on unreachable par 5's and of course longer par 3's.

Been choking down on the 4h lately to avoid hitting the 5i so really happy to have the 5h in the bag.

IMO, these are the best bang for your buck you will find in a club when they can be found for $50 shipped.

That's a lot of headcovers Cookie! Glad they're working out for you man.

#Cookie
03-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Budget Golf had the t-rail hybrids for $35 today. That's a STEAL if you are wanting to try a new hybrid. Such a fantastic club....wish they were in the current line. :)

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
03-11-2014, 09:59 AM
Budget Golf had the t-rail hybrids for $35 today. That's a STEAL if you are wanting to try a new hybrid. Such a fantastic club....wish they were in the current line. :)
Bumping this because you are so so so right. This whole lineup is amazing.

Golferbest
03-11-2014, 11:49 AM
I live by my 19 and 22 degree baffler. Such a solid club for a steal of a price!