PDA

View Full Version : TaylorMade JetSpeed Fairway Wood - THP Review Thread

Jman
11-16-2013, 07:35 PM
As most already know the next part of TaylorMade's 2013-2014 lineup is releasing and it consists of the "JetSpeed" line of clubs, drivers, fairways, and hybrids. I'll be doing the frontpage review on the new JetSpeed 15* 3w paired with the 69g Matrix Velox in stiff flex.

Based on principle of the redesigned speedpocket allowing TM to save weight in that area and redistribute it to allow for a lower profile face than the Stage2 (and the SLDR for that matter), the JetSpeed fairway wood is built to be long off the tee and off of the deck. There is no adjustability in this one however the decision to go with the 69g Velox was one to fit a broad range and with a little heavier shaft to increase the overall control of the club for golfers.

Also interesting to note, TM is sticking with their forward CG model and have moved the CG forward and lower in these woods as well to promote higher ball speeds, lower spin, and more overall distance. Plus, the lower CG gets below the equator of the ball which TM says will increase the launch despite the lower spin.

Coming off the heels of reviewing the SLDR fairway this one really intrigues me a lot and I look forward to putting it through its paces.

From TaylorMade about the JetSpeed Fairways:

Our Longest and Most Playable Fairway Woods – Ever

JetSpeed fairway woods and Rescue™ clubs each incorporate a radically redesigned Speed Pocket that’s smaller and accounts for less weight while remaining just as efficient at boosting the speed of the clubface. Think of it as an afterburner for your ball. Unlike the Speed Pockets in our previous fairways and Rescues, which were empty, JetSpeed’s is filled with polymer to keep debris out and absorb unwanted vibration without slowing down the clubface.

The weight saved by the new Speed Pocket design is redistributed strategically within the clubhead to move the CG lower and forward, the location that TaylorMade has proven promotes fast ball speed and low spin. TaylorMade’s robot testing indicates that JetSpeed fairways and Rescue clubs reduce spin compared to RBZ Stage 2 to promote more distance. JetSpeed fairways reduce spin by 200-300 RPM compared to RBZ Stage 2 to promote more distance.*

The redesigned Speed Pocket also allowed TaylorMade engineers to make the face shallower while still maintaining the same high speed as RBZ Stage 2 fairways and Rescues. The JetSpeed 3-wood’s face is shallower than the RBZ Stage 2 3-wood (by 2 millimeters), bringing the CG in lower in relation to the center of the face to make it easier to launch on a high angle. Plus, it gives JetSpeed fairways and Rescues an especially sleek and stealthy appearance, like an F-22 Raptor ready for takeoff.

JetSpeed fairway woods and Rescue clubs offer a tremendous combination of distance and ease of launch, and JetSpeed fairways are the longest and most playable fairway woods we’ve ever created, exceeding RBZ Stage 2.*

All JetSpeed metalwood clubfaces (driver, fairways and Rescues) are made of JetSteel of an ultra-strong steel alloy that adds to the speed of the face. JetSpeed fairway woods are equipped with Matrix’s Velox T 69 shaft. At 69 grams it’s a heavier shaft than we’ve used in our previous fairway wood models. The added weight promotes better club control during the swing, which helps players achieve a sound swing path and solid contact, which together promote increased distance and accuracy. Five lofts: 3-wood – 15°, 3-wood HL – 17°, 5-wood – 19°, 5-wood HL – 21°, 7-wood – 23°.

New and more efficient Speed Pocket design promotes fast ball speed for long distance *
Ultra-high strength JetSteel face promotes fast ball speed for long distance
Low-and-forward CG promotes fast ball speed and low spin for long distance
Low-profile head design with shallow face promotes easy launch for outstanding playability
Matrix Velox T 69 shaft increases feel and club control for increased distance, accuracy and playability
Speed Pocket, low-forward CG and shaft specs work together to promote long distance and easy playability

*Longest fairway claim based on robot testing, neutral setting at approximately 156 mph ball speed.

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-L5KQdqw/0/L/Screenshot_4-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-CBkX2SS/0/L/Screenshot_2-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-5xXQgDn/0/L/Screenshot_1-L.jpg

In Hand Pictures:

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-LfmtG4f/1/L/DSC_1049-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-xb6sWq5/1/L/DSC_1050-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-jFggKSX/1/L/DSC_1051-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-5TxVHjj/1/L/DSC_1053-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-Wdd4f8s/1/L/DSC_1054-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-NQ8kTtS/1/L/DSC_1052-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-6F7JV4s/1/L/DSC_1055-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-9zwQmfC/1/L/DSC_1057-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-gdqTcBD/1/L/DSC_1056-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-v33k5mJ/1/L/DSC_1060-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-2GFgr2v/3/L/DSC_1058-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-HPhRTSw/1/L/DSC_1062-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-tw4dVnR/1/L/DSC_1093-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-RxrcjFP/1/L/DSC_1095-L.jpg

http://thehackersparadise.smugmug.com/JmanReviews/TM-Jestspeed-Fairway/i-Hh8Pftc/1/L/DSC_1094-L.jpg

As always, feel free to post up questions/comments and I'll do my best to answer for you!

Howzat
11-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Your pictures lately have been phenomenal.

Jman
11-16-2013, 07:38 PM
So, a couple initial thoughts/comments from me.

1) It sounds cliche and I usually roll my eyes at this comment, but, it looks WAY better in hand. Seriously. The matte black is awesome and the alignment graphics are not overdone like the Stage2 line was. Nice.

2) CRAZY excited about this one. The SLDR has been a weapon for me off the tee and very much turned my initial thoughts upside down when it came to the CG setup, I still think that the success I've seen there has been bc of the slot increasing the cross face "forgiveness" compared tot he driver not having one. Curious to see if I see the same here. Plus, lower profile, I'm a lower profile fan.

This should be fun to see bot if it stands on its own to the claims as well as next to the SLDR fraiway.

TMAdidas
11-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Interesting that the headcover looks the same as the SLDR.

Jman
Your pictures lately have been phenomenal.

Thanks dude. Its something I really enjoy doing a LOT. Plus, some of these clubs make it easy on me! haha

Jman
Interesting that the headcover looks the same as the SLDR.

It is the exact same as the one I have on my SLDR fairway.

War Eagle
Oh buddy, I am digging the looks of this one.

Love, LOVE, the matte black finish on it and the lower head profile.

TMAdidas
11-16-2013, 07:40 PM
JMan, is it just the pictures, or is the slot bigger on the JestSpeed?

T2GRN18
11-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Nice kick off Jman. It's interesting to see the SLDR next to the Jet Speed. Matte finish vs glossy finish, groove patterns different on the face. Should be a great review dude.

Jman
11-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Oh buddy, I am digging the looks of this one.

Love, LOVE, the matte black finish on it and the lower head profile.

I agree dude. It looks mean IMO.

JMan, is it just the pictures, or is the slot bigger on the JestSpeed?

Nope, not just the pictures dude, it is indeed a good bit bigger. Something I'm curious about. It has to do with how they've redesigned the slot to allow more weight movement in the head. In the review of the SLDR I really believe the new slot shape gave back some of the cross face forgiveness what was lost from the CG move, so I can't help but think since that is more of the players fairway and this the broader margin of players (larger footprint/more forgiving) that the increased size of the slot will give back more of that cross face forgiveness to off center shots. We shall see!

tpluff
11-16-2013, 07:46 PM
So, a couple initial thoughts/comments from me.

1) It sounds cliche and I usually roll my eyes at this comment, but, it looks WAY better in hand. Seriously. The matte black is awesome and the alignment graphics are not overdone like the Stage2 line was. Nice.

2) CRAZY excited about this one. The SLDR has been a weapon for me off the tee and very much turned my initial thoughts upside down when it came to the CG setup, I still think that the success I've seen there has been bc of the slot increasing the cross face "forgiveness" compared tot he driver not having one. Curious to see if I see the same here. Plus, lower profile, I'm a lower profile fan.

This should be fun to see bot if it stands on its own to the claims as well as next to the SLDR fraiway.

I was just thinking looking at those pictures "I really like the way this looks, much more traditional but with a modern feel to it." The lower profile is big to me, I feel like I can take it off the deck a lot easier. Thanks for sharing James and I look forward to more feedback.

TMAdidas
11-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Hate to keep bombarding you with questions, but is there any specific distance gain claims like there was with the RBZ (17) and the RBZS2 (10)?

drp3434
11-16-2013, 07:50 PM
This looks better than I was anticipating. I'm curious to see if the larger slot does in fact increase forgiveness. If it does, I'm also curious if it will cost distance.

Jman
11-16-2013, 07:51 PM
I was just thinking looking at those pictures "I really like the way this looks, much more traditional but with a modern feel to it." The lower profile is big to me, I feel like I can take it off the deck a lot easier. Thanks for sharing James and I look forward to more feedback.

I love a lower profile, the only fairways I ever have consistent results with off the deck have been lower profile.

Hate to keep bombarding you with questions, but is there any specific distance gain claims like there was with the RBZ (17) and the RBZS2 (10)?

No worries dude, no number claims. Just what is mentioned in the from the company info in the first post, that its the longest and playable fairways that they have ever created.

OhioMatt
11-16-2013, 08:03 PM
I was looking for this thread yesterday, no wonder I couldn't find it! I love that they have lowed the COG to help get the ball up. That has always been my problem with woods off the ground. I'm in need on a new 5w and really want to try this one out!

dtak84
11-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Awesome pics!

I currently use a Burner Superfast 1.0 (which I think was fairly popular) and to me, the overall head shape and face on view look very much the same as mine.

Will be following along to see how this one works out for you.

Tadashi70
11-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Jman, when paired with the sldr it looks long but by itself it reminds of the tour spoon. Why so few grooves on the face?

Jman
11-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Jman, when paired with the sldr it looks long but by itself it reminds of the tour spoon. Why so few grooves on the face?

Its a good question, there are a couple schools of thought with grooves on woods, some say they do nothing and are aesthetic only, others that they do play a role in spin. Its a question I don't have a good answer for, but I'll do a little digging for ya.

Greg Kulbick
11-16-2013, 09:02 PM
I gotta say I don't mind the looks of this. Not real sure why, but that shallower face appeals to me. I've been thinking about gong into 3w ponder mode here the past couple weeks. This one isn't helping my G25 feel any more secure.

ddec
11-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Looks like a bigger footprint with a shallower face. Count me as one that's interested in that combo.

Smithfaced
11-16-2013, 09:40 PM
JetSteel huh? Sounds a little gimmicky. I've found woods that were good for me off the tee and those that were good off the deck but not both with one club. Maybe this will be the one. Looking forward to your thoughts James.

Just_Hacking
11-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Great pics, James!! I am even more excited for these than I was the SLDR line as from what I am gathering they are going to be a more forgiving line. Look forward to your thoughts on that forgiveness.

Pkielwa
11-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Great pics and write-up! Can't wait to hear about performance! Thanks for the info.

GregDan
11-17-2013, 12:53 AM
Nice Jameson! I actually really like the color scheme and the idea behind the Jetspeed. I really wish it was a little smaller head but I am sure that is something that would be fine with some time.

Really curious how this is off the tee and off the deck. I usually use my 3w off the tee but I have been known to hit from the fairway a time or two. Interested to see how easy it is to get it up and if it balloons at at for you.

lopsta5
11-17-2013, 02:02 AM
I must admit when I first seen pics of the club I thought it was a bit bland but those photos you have done Jman just make it look awesome and way better than I thought.

Golfwolf
11-17-2013, 06:09 AM
Great pics, I look forward to reading your thoughts after on course use.

#Cookie
11-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Great pics and early thoughts James! I'm digging the overall larger footprint & more shallow face when compared against the SLDR. TM did a good job with the diagram to show how this is different than the RBZ2, etc. Also glad to see the move to a slightly heavier shaft as I think stability and balance is more important than generating clubhead speed.

mtneerinraleigh
11-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Color me intrigued. I like the looks of this thing.

Parshooter36
11-17-2013, 09:57 AM
I really like the looks of the is club, especially when compared with the SLDR. I'm a huge fan of the matte finish.

Jman
11-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Should note, and it can be seen in the comparison pics (though I need to get another one as that one might be a tad accentuated), this one is more neutral/closed than the SLDR which IMO sits open.

O'Carroll
11-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Should note, and it can be seen in the comparison pics (though I need to get another one as that one might be a tad accentuated), this one is more neutral/closed than the SLDR which IMO sits open.
First thing I noticed when looking at this thread was that it looked closed compared to the SLDR. I generally gravitate towards smaller sized fairways, but for some reason, I want to give this a shot.

DrMWP
11-17-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm very eager to see comparisons with this and the RBZ lines. I really like the aesthetics.

Jman
11-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Looks like this will be the nicest day of the week wind wise, will be getting out for 9 or so after work!

Feedback after!

mrvandelay
11-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Looks like this will be the nicest day of the week wind wise, will be getting out for 9 or so after work!

Feedback after!

Looking forward to your review. This one is on my list!

h0ss66
11-18-2013, 05:04 PM
I noticed the footprint is similar to the Ping G-series fairways. I loved those so this Jetspeed may be in the hopper for me next year.

Jman
11-19-2013, 01:50 PM
So, I got out yesterday and I actually played 9 holes with this off the tee on 5 holes and off the deck twice.

Color me intrigued.

First off, the lower profile lends itself well to my eye and my ability to hit a fairway off the deck, I'll openly admit that. This was illustrated by me actually hitting one onto the green in two on a par 5 from 238 out, it was a mid bullet with a baby fade on it. Sadly the pin was on the LEFT of the green and this left me with a 60 foot putt cross green, but I could have cared less to be honest. The other time off the deck, I caught it chunky (yes, with a fairway wood) and got a towering pop-up that kept surprisingly decent distance on it.

Off the tee, after realizing with the profile it needs to be teed a little lower than the SLDR did then things came together nicely. The sound is different than the SLDR for sure, less "solid" sounding with less of a "crack" off the face but still nowhere near being a hollow pr tinny sound. There is also a surprising amount of forgiveness packed into this one, and I truly mean that. Mis-hits are still getting results like a mis-hit but distance wise its not as penal as I expected off the toe or the heel so far. I will also say that it is indeed pretty long and the Velox shaft lent itself to a mid-high ball flight that bored through the sky. Its addicting to hit and having gamed the RBZ2 for a time last year I think there really is something here with the redesign of the slot on the club performance wise. But, more time will tell.

Also, at address, this looks really nice with the matte black and blue accent graphics.

#Cookie
11-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Nice thoughts James, this one interests me more than the SLDR with the larger footprint & low profile. Ability to hit off both deck & tee is key along with forgiveness that must be there.

Jman
11-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Nice thoughts James, this one interests me more than the SLDR with the larger footprint & low profile. Ability to hit off both deck & tee is key along with forgiveness that must be there.

Honestly, I intended to hit them side by side on a couple of tee's but instead found myself just rattling off 4-5 extra balls with the JetSpeed to see what I could do with it.

drp3434
11-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Nice initial thoughts, Jman. How does that 238 yard shot compare to your normal game play from that distance? Is that a shot you can pull off usually, or was this a pleasant surprise?

Jman
11-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Nice initial thoughts, Jman. How does that 238 yard shot compare to your normal game play from that distance? Is that a shot you can pull off usually, or was this a pleasant surprise?

Well, the last couple fairway woods I've played are deeper and for me that spells inconsistencies off the deck, the lower profile here really just let me focus on sweeping it yesterday and the results were solid. Distance around here off the deck with a fwy this time of year as it hardens tends to go up, but the thing with this yesterday off the deck was the flight. The ball got up and carried for me, thats worth more than any distance number I'll see IMO because carry translated to any course anywhere.

drp3434
11-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Well, the last couple fairway woods I've played are deeper and for me that spells inconsistencies off the deck, the lower profile here really just let me focus on sweeping it yesterday and the results were solid. Distance around here off the deck with a fwy this time of year as it hardens tends to go up, but the thing with this yesterday off the deck was the flight. The ball got up and carried for me, thats worth more than any distance number I'll see IMO because carry translated to any course anywhere.
Awesome, good stuff, thanks. The lower profile is really intriguing. That's one of the things I love about the bubble I still carry. I can hit it off the deck any time, and off the tee is easy too, with a lower tee like you mentioned.

SkiBumGolfer
11-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Club looks so incredible in person compared to the stock photos - I actually prefer the look to the SLDR. I still think the name is a bit silly, but looking forward to the performance you see from these Jman. And I've said this before, but TM is really improving the looks of all their club lines - SLDR, JetSpeed, SpeedBlade, and the new TP lines are all some of the most handsome clubs TM has put out.

Just_Hacking
11-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Really liking your initial thoughts on the JetSpeed fairway, Jman. I was really excited when the SLDR came out, but realized pretty soon that they were not going to be as forgiving as I would need. I will be following along closely to see how they perform for you and how that performance may translate for a hack like me.

Currently testing the TaylorMade SpeedBlades for THP.

Jman
11-19-2013, 10:02 PM
Really liking your initial thoughts on the JetSpeed fairway, Jman. I was really excited when the SLDR came out, but realized pretty soon that they were not going to be as forgiving as I would need. I will be following along closely to see how they perform for you and how that performance may translate for a hack like me.

Currently testing the TaylorMade SpeedBlades for THP.

I wasn't sure what to expect with this with the forward CG again, but they've def gotten something right with the slot tweaks, I really so believe that.

Jman
11-21-2013, 11:30 AM
So, I went and hit about 25 balls with this one yesterday bc we've got a quasi nasty cold front coming in and I wanted to gather some more thoughts prior to that.

I'm a little confused about this line and its purpose compared to the SLDR, as some of us have discussed in Hawk's driver thread.

Things I know:

Larger footprint than SLDR
CG is still forward creating lower spin and presumably taking away some level of forgiveness
A bit closed at setup compared to the SLDR sitting a tad open
More shallow with the intention of making it easier off the deck, which for me its proving to be compared to the SLDR in the same loft
Its long, but no longer than the SLDR off the tee, still both are what I consider to be long fairway woods by today's distance standards
Its got a nice sound to it, not a solid crack but not loud or obnoxious at all, maybe a bit more "composite like" if you will
I think the paint/graphics look great at address

Things that confuse me:

Other than face depth its eerily similar to the SLDR in practically every way performance wise
How much does the larger slot effect the forgiveness of the more shallow face compared to the smaller slot on the SLDR
How does this really fit a different segment than the SLDR with the forward CG and lower spin? Not every golfer needs lower spin.

So, just lots of random thoughts about WHERE this fits. Its performing well for me and is addicting to hit, for me that is practically all on the more shallow face and how it fits my swing/eye more than a deeper one.

As always, feel free to shoot me some questions if you have them and I'll do my best to get you answers!

Greg Kulbick
11-21-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm going to ask the same thing I always ask anytime you test a fairway wood: Any issues with the sole, or more specifically the slot, grabbing the grass if you're a dragger?

Jman
11-21-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm going to ask the same thing I always ask anytime you test a fairway wood: Any issues with the sole, or more specifically the slot, grabbing the grass if you're a dragger?

Hey Greg, I like questions no matter if they're the same or not dude!

No issues, havent tried to take it out of the rough yet, that'll be next. I'll say now that filling the slot was the best thing they have done, no issues at all there with drag or anything now and no need to clean it out with a tee!

Jman
11-26-2013, 11:06 PM
So, I hit this off the tee all day today (also hit the SLDR 3w off each tee).

This one DEFINITELY sets up more closed than the SLDR, but to me that is expected. From a distance standpoint they are both really long off the tee, but I put a couple past the SLDR with the JetSpeed today to be honest, I think it has a lot to do with the more shallow face and how that is better for me personally. But off the deck, the JetSpeed continues to be a viable option there for me and that is rather big, easy swings netted some really good results here.

The Velox is an interesting pairing, I was able to hit some beautiful high balls today when downwind but play it down when going into the wind just the same.

Interesting. My thoughts are very mixed right now int hat at times to me it doesn't necessarily stand out from the SLDR as a whole but then at times it is evident that the more shallow face does stand out for me. Need some more time here before I go to paper for sure.

Jeff Spicoli
11-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Would you say the Jetspeed is easier to hit off the deck than the SLDR? How about off the tee? I could be off base but it almost seems like the SLDR would be great for off the tee but the Jetspeed ideal from the fairway.

Jman
11-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Would you say the Jetspeed is easier to hit off the deck than the SLDR? How about off the tee? I could be off base but it almost seems like the SLDR would be great for off the tee but the Jetspeed ideal from the fairway.

Pretty much what I've been saying, you're right on what I'm seeing dude. The shallow face here lends to hitting it off the deck easier than the deep face of the SLDR, that said, its also not hard to hit off the tee at all, which is very interesting to me.

One thing I'm still WAY up in the air on is forgiveness and how much (if any) more there is in this one to the SLDR. I was in the middle on this one all day so today didn't help with looking at that.

Jeff Spicoli
11-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Pretty much what I've been saying, you're right on what I'm seeing dude. The shallow face here lends to hitting it off the deck easier than the deep face of the SLDR, that said, its also not hard to hit off the tee at all, which is very interesting to me.

One thing I'm still WAY up in the air on is forgiveness and how much (if any) more there is in this one to the SLDR. I was in the middle on this one all day so today didn't help with looking at that.

Thanks man. The Jetspeed reminds me of the Stage 2 I tested last year for some reason. I loved it from the deck but couldn't control it from the tee.

Akrobby
11-27-2013, 04:14 AM
Hoping to upgrade my FW next year. Thanks for the input and review. Definitely high on the list to try out.

Tapatalking on my iPad

Parshooter36
11-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Am I seeing things, or is there a dimple in the center of the clubface?

mikedean441
11-27-2013, 09:19 AM
So, I hit this off the tee all day today (also hit the SLDR 3w off each tee).

This one DEFINITELY sets up more closed than the SLDR, but to me that is expected. From a distance standpoint they are both really long off the tee, but I put a couple past the SLDR with the JetSpeed today to be honest, I think it has a lot to do with the more shallow face and how that is better for me personally. But off the deck, the JetSpeed continues to be a viable option there for me and that is rather big, easy swings netted some really good results here.

The Velox is an interesting pairing, I was able to hit some beautiful high balls today when downwind but play it down when going into the wind just the same.

Interesting. My thoughts are very mixed right now int hat at times to me it doesn't necessarily stand out from the SLDR as a whole but then at times it is evident that the more shallow face does stand out for me. Need some more time here before I go to paper for sure.

Im looking for a 3W that may knock Xhot out of the bag. It sounds like the distance is there as you indicated vs the SLDR. With the more closed setup did you find your accuracy suffered at all?

mtneerinraleigh
11-29-2013, 04:27 PM
I'm interested in these two fairways, so this thread and your thoughts are very helpful. I haven't made it down to golfsmith to hit either yet. I need to make that happen.

jtsao41l5d3
12-02-2013, 02:20 AM
I'm getting lost in all of these names!

But this thing doesn't look half bad...might prefer the sldr version though.

Trevor68
12-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Does anyone know if when playing the jet speed or sldr fairways does one have to "loft up" meaning using a higher loft than usual like with the sldr driver. Thanks!

Jman
12-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Does anyone know if when playing the jet speed or sldr fairways does one have to "loft up" meaning using a higher loft than usual like with the sldr driver. Thanks!

The slot in both of the fairways aids in increasing the launch, that said they pack enough distance in them (both really are long) that one could go up a touch in loft and still reap the benefits off the tee while improving them off the deck.

Also, welcome to THP. Hope you like it here and dive on in!

Trevor68
12-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Wow. I just tried the jetspeed 3 wood and it is a monster. I usually get about 210 yards with my original rbz 3 wood. I have a short ackward swing that usually generates about 90mph. I tried the jetspeed and got 240 yards with a fairly tight dispersion. I still can't understand how I can get so many more yards! I was actually happy with my rbz and felt it was a great club, but it cannot compete with this bazooka...

C-Mac13
12-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Had my final lesson at Golftec the other day and they had these so I hit a few. All I can say is wow. The ball feels really nice of the face and the result was a pretty tight dispersion. I had to put it down before it was put in the bag.

Jman
12-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Had my final lesson at Golftec the other day and they had these so I hit a few. All I can say is wow. The ball feels really nice of the face and the result was a pretty tight dispersion. I had to put it down before it was put in the bag.

Funnily enough I'm finishing up my review right at this moment.

Its been a fun one to give a workout. I can say that I prefer it off the tee and deck to the SLDR without a doubt, love the lower profile face. Its a definite improvement over the Stage 2 without any doubt in my mind. Still not a ton of forgiveness packed in there (just like the SLDR) but its not totally unforgiving either.

Trevor68
12-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Please let us know as soon as you post your review. Look forward to it!

Jman
12-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Please let us know as soon as you post your review. Look forward to it!

There will be a thread that goes up when it's published on the frontpage, I would figure the beginning of next week.

Parshooter36
12-16-2013, 02:22 PM
There will be a thread that goes up when it's published on the frontpage, I would figure the beginning of next week.

I can't wait to read it. I'm guessing the JetSpeed line will be my woods of choice at the MC!

Jman
12-16-2013, 02:32 PM
I can't wait to read it. I'm guessing the JetSpeed line will be my woods of choice at the MC!

It's all about what you're looking for. Lower profile than the SLDR makes it easier off the deck for me, distance is neck and neck, and it is a touch more forgiving than the SLDR. It does set up neutral to closed though and lacks adjustability, that could factor in for a lot of people.

sk8er3253
12-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Last season, I bought the 3 Hybrid RBZ 2 and had a lot of trouble keeping it under control. I love my 3 wood (TM Superfast 2.0) and hit it much more consistently (typically 220-235) so I told myself I was going to switch to a 5 wood this offseason. I went to Golf Galaxy last weekend and hit the Jet Speed 5 Wood (Stiff flex) and man did I love this club. Very tight ball dispersion on the simulator and consistently hit it about 235-240. I left the store wondering how I hit a 5 wood further than my current 3 wood. I'm now thinking I need to go back and hit the new 3 wood and see where that takes me but I was very surprised at the performance of this club. Great looking at address (I've said since the black R1 was introduced and the SLDR that they should all be Matte black, like it looks in the marketing they do), and you don't feel like you have to swing very hard to get results. I hit the SLDR to compare it and I actually didn't like it at all, I had a hard time getting the ball into the air and if you don't catch it clean the club feels "dead". I had the same experience with the SLDR driver as well.

KY Golfer
12-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the great review Jman. I was doing a search online for reviews on the JetSpeed fairway woods since I was on the lookout for a new 3 wood. I came across this thread and thought the information was wonderful. I have now joined the site, will soon become an Albatross Club Member and oh yea....bought a new JetSpeed 3 wood and 3 rescue after hitting about 30 balls each. My session on the range had me itching to get on the course, but unfortunately like a lot of us the weather here in Kentucky isn't the greatest this time of year. Looking forward to meeting a lot new friends, learning and sharing a lot of information and who knows maybe getting to test some wonderful new golf equipment in the process.

Brianbigoats
12-26-2013, 05:34 PM
It's all about what you're looking for. Lower profile than the SLDR makes it easier off the deck for me, distance is neck and neck, and it is a touch more forgiving than the SLDR. It does set up neutral to closed though and lacks adjustability, that could factor in for a lot of people.

I got a chance to hit these the other day I do really like the profile for off the deck on the 5W but the deeper face of the SLDR seemed easier to hit off of the tee

tequila4kapp
12-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the great review Jman. I was doing a search online for reviews on the JetSpeed fairway woods since I was on the lookout for a new 3 wood. I came across this thread and thought the information was wonderful. I have now joined the site, will soon become an Albatross Club Member and oh yea....bought a new JetSpeed 3 wood and 3 rescue after hitting about 30 balls each. My session on the range had me itching to get on the course, but unfortunately like a lot of us the weather here in Kentucky isn't the greatest this time of year. Looking forward to meeting a lot new friends, learning and sharing a lot of information and who knows maybe getting to test some wonderful new golf equipment in the process.
Welcome to THP!

Trevor68
12-30-2013, 02:06 PM
Jman,
Is your review out?

BogeyWoods03
01-06-2014, 04:33 PM
Was also looking for reviews on this FW , I had a chance to play a couple rounds over the weekend with it and really enjoyed it. Easy to hit , long and I felt forgiving on toe hits. I hit a straight ball , with this club it seemed I hit more draws than anything.

bendalbey
01-08-2014, 12:11 AM
This club has a lot of promise for me. Small sample so far but I'm really pleased with how little spin it and my crappy swing generate. I'm genuinely surprised to see some of their claims about this offering substantiated. Time will tell but so far very pleased with this club.

twoods
01-15-2014, 12:07 PM
After my initial success so far with the Jetspeed Driver, I am really pondering a 17*, the only thing stopping me right now is how happy I am with my G25 4 wood. May see if I can find a demo around town to go play with this weekend.

War Eagle
01-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Hit this one on the range a bit this weekend, 15* 3W. I was impressed with what I saw, both off the deck and off the tee. Loved the smaller profile this one has, and the ease of hitting it off the deck was quite nice. Off the tee, it was long. I was hitting some bombs with it, and was quite excited about what might be available to us in the MC especially in terms of higher lofted fairway woods.

DevRickus
01-20-2014, 12:13 PM
Hit this one on the range a bit this weekend, 15* 3W. I was impressed with what I saw, both off the deck and off the tee. Loved the smaller profile this one has, and the ease of hitting it off the deck was quite nice. Off the tee, it was long. I was hitting some bombs with it, and was quite excited about what might be available to us in the MC especially in terms of higher lofted fairway woods.

Did you hit the SLDR FW also? If so, how did they compare?

Jman
01-20-2014, 12:22 PM

People who had hit the SLDR fairway loved the JetSpeed, it's a bomber.

War Eagle
01-20-2014, 12:29 PM
I gamed the SLDR fairway for a while late last year, and for me, I was much more of a fan of the Jetspeed. Just seemed to setup better for me a bit, and I felt like I launched the ball higher with the Jetspeed.

Plus, the matte black is sweet.

DevRickus
01-20-2014, 12:32 PM
I gamed the SLDR fairway for a while late last year, and for me, I was much more of a fan of the Jetspeed. Just seemed to setup better for me a bit, and I felt like I launched the ball higher with the Jetspeed.

Plus, the matte black is sweet.

Distance is awesome but for me, forgiveness is the most important thing. And if I remember correctly the SLDR wasnt very forgiving. How about this?

War Eagle
01-20-2014, 12:33 PM
Distance is awesome but for me, forgiveness is the most important thing. And if I remember correctly the SLDR wasnt very forgiving. How about this?
Lateral forgiveness on the face of the club was nice. I had a few struck out on the toe that did not seem to penalizing.

DevRickus
01-20-2014, 12:35 PM
Lateral forgiveness on the face of the club was nice. I had a few struck out on the toe that did not seem to penalizing.

Thats great to hear. Sounds like a good club for you. You are a better golfer but I feel like we generally have the same swing flaws and struggles so you are one of the guys I look at for advice alot.

Mward
01-20-2014, 12:36 PM
Hit this on the course on Sunday during my round as well as on the range Saturday morning. It's equally as long as my X Hot Pro but with a slightly higher flight. Loved the way it set up to the ball both off the deck and off the tee.

Parshooter36
01-20-2014, 12:45 PM

It will be interesting to see how the fairway lofts fall in line if we are fit into higher lofted drivers. I could see a 3HL showing up in some of the MC bags.

Mward
01-20-2014, 12:51 PM
It will be interesting to see how the fairway lofts fall in line if we are fit into higher lofted drivers. I could see a 3HL showing up in some of the MC bags.

I could easily go driver, 17 degree, 20-21 degree on the high end of my bag come July. It'll be all about gap filling right at the transition between iron and fairway though. Right now I have a nice 10-15yd gap. Anything over 20 and that could be an issue.

Parshooter36
01-20-2014, 12:56 PM
I could easily go driver, 17 degree, 20-21 degree on the high end of my bag come July. It'll be all about gap filling right at the transition between iron and fairway though. Right now I have a nice 10-15yd gap. Anything over 20 and that could be an issue.

That's kind of what I'm thinking, not sure if would go 5HL fairway, or 3 hybrid in that 20-21 degree slot.

Mward
01-20-2014, 12:58 PM
That's kind of what I'm thinking, not sure if would go 5HL fairway, or 3 hybrid in that 20-21 degree slot.

Whatever fills the gap and you hit best.

Jman
01-20-2014, 01:01 PM

IMO pretty close to eachother there. The slots help, but it was a close race forgiveness wise w a slight nod to the JetSpeed for me.

fupresti
02-08-2014, 06:04 PM
I figured I was deadset on an SLDR fairway wood for the Morgan Cup, but I tried the Jetspeed 3 wood today and it felt good and had a great ball flight.

Jman
02-08-2014, 06:05 PM
I figured I was deadset on an SLDR fairway wood for the Morgan Cup, but I tried the Jetspeed 3 wood today and it felt good and had a great ball flight.

Its a bomber, it legitimately is. For as little as I "get" why they put out the JetSpeed driver, I totally understand the fairway and hybrid.

ddec
02-14-2014, 03:07 PM
Mr. James we are going to have to get in to a SLDR and JetSpeed conversation real soon. I like that this is offered in 17, makes me want to throw one in the bag and take some swipes with it. The lack of adjustability with a FW is not really a big deal to me, just get me something reliable that I can set down and hit off the turn and use effectively from the tee.

Jman
02-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Mr. James we are going to have to get in to a SLDR and JetSpeed conversation real soon. I like that this is offered in 17, makes me want to throw one in the bag and take some swipes with it. The lack of adjustability with a FW is not really a big deal to me, just get me something reliable that I can set down and hit off the turn and use effectively from the tee.

I'm always here dude, 24/7. I think you need to spend some time with this one and I think we can make that happen.

ddec
02-14-2014, 03:11 PM
I'm always here dude, 24/7. I think you need to spend some time with this one and I think we can make that happen.

I feel like the JS is the kid brother that gets no attention. The times I have seen it in person I like what I am looking at. My original thoughts were that the crown graphics reminded me of the Burner 07 lineup. Do you think that the shaft stiffness on both this and the SLDR are about the same?

Jman
02-14-2014, 03:21 PM
I feel like the JS is the kid brother that gets no attention. The times I have seen it in person I like what I am looking at. My original thoughts were that the crown graphics reminded me of the Burner 07 lineup. Do you think that the shaft stiffness on both this and the SLDR are about the same?

TFor me they both played what i consider true to flex, I do prefer the feel of the Velox in this one though. If you made me pick between the two, I'm taking JetSpeed 10/10 times as the profile, look, and forgiveness (not a ton more mind you) with it just suit me better.

Parshooter36
02-14-2014, 07:10 PM
I have not hit either yet, but in hand the Jetspeed fairways and hybrids just suit my eye better. I like the shallower faces and have always been a fan of matte black crowns.

ATLGolfer
02-14-2014, 07:11 PM

The JetSpeed FW is a beast!

Easy, relaxed swings just rocketed the ball when I hit them in the PGASS LM. I'd like to see what they do in real life.

bigmcclarron
02-15-2014, 05:49 AM
I've got the 3 wood Jetspeed and picked it over the SLDR, the only down point I found for the Jetspeed was that it does sit a few degrees closed. I like quite heavy shafts in my clubs and the stock shaft isn't far off what I like, but in a few months I will be swapping it out I think. You can't knock this thing for distance, it is very long!

Jman
02-16-2014, 06:49 PM
So, as I reshafted my Bio Cell 5w yesterday and it wasn't cured this morning I needed a fairway and threw this one back in the bag.

Dammit, I really like this fairway. Its just a rocket launcher and with where my swing is right now it was SO consistent for me on course...and long...and with easy height. I'm firm in my preference of this one to the SLDR fairway, I really am.

ddec
02-17-2014, 10:46 AM
So, as I reshafted my Bio Cell 5w yesterday and it wasn't cured this morning I needed a fairway and threw this one back in the bag.

Dammit, I really like this fairway. Its just a rocket launcher and with where my swing is right now it was SO consistent for me on course...and long...and with easy height. I'm firm in my preference of this one to the SLDR fairway, I really am.

Yup just making me want to go hit this even more

flog2424
02-17-2014, 10:53 AM
After having more time with the SLDR 3 wood this weekend, I want to try the JetSpeed even more. While I like the results of the SLDR when it is hit good, there isnt much forgiveness and isnt very consistent IMO. Would move to the JetSpeed if the distance is close to the same and offers more forgiveness off the deck

cpljohnst
02-22-2014, 11:19 PM
One of my golf partners today had the demo 5 Wood of the Jetspeed from our club out for our round. I only hit it once but it felt great. It was our 16th hole of the day and a hole I usually hit 5 wood on. I took my RBZ 5 Wood and hit a great drive. I hit the Jetspeed next and the ball was on the same exact trajectory and finished within 5 yards of the RBZ. Really similar results for the first time hitting a club. Really liked the feel. The JS felt just a slight bit heaver than my RBZ. I'm certainly not in the market for a 5 wood because I do love my RBZ but the JS did cause me to raise an eyebrow. I think further swings with it might bring more distance. Solid sounding fwy also.

ranger1989
03-01-2014, 10:15 PM
I got the 5w today based off my fitting yesterday at Taylormade Performance Lab in NJ. I can't wait to get this thing on to a golf course. After the snow melts and the warm weather arrives!

War Eagle
03-01-2014, 10:42 PM
I got the 5w today based off my fitting yesterday at Taylormade Performance Lab in NJ. I can't wait to get this thing on to a golf course. After the snow melts and the warm weather arrives!
Having been quite happy with the 5W thats in my bag for going on 2 years, I am crazy intrigued to see if this one would be able to kick it form the bag. Looking forward to seeing what you think about this one.

Have you gamed a 5W in the past?

ranger1989
03-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Having been quite happy with the 5W thats in my bag for going on 2 years, I am crazy intrigued to see if this one would be able to kick it form the bag. Looking forward to seeing what you think about this one.

Have you gamed a 5W in the past?

I have...the RBZ Stage 2 and I loved it. Was planning to game a 3w and 3h this year both SLDR but after my fitting more like this 5w the 3hl SLDR and replacing my 4 iron with the 4h (SLDR) with Velox T shaft. I got great results in the fitting hope it transfers to the course this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

War Eagle
03-01-2014, 10:59 PM
I have...the RBZ Stage 2 and I loved it. Was planning to game a 3w and 3h this year both SLDR but after my fitting more like this 5w the 3hl SLDR and replacing my 4 iron with the 4h (SLDR) with Velox T shaft. I got great results in the fitting hope it transfers to the course this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Good stuff, dude. And thanks for the reply.

I never gamed the RBZ fw's, but LOVED the RBZ hybrids.

I need to try out the JetSpeed fairways a bit more. Spent some time with the 3W a while back, and it impressed me. I am thinking I will like the 5W version.

mmaynard11
03-01-2014, 11:04 PM
I hit these at Golfsmith last week and was extremely impressed with the feel and ball flight.

War Eagle
03-01-2014, 11:08 PM
I hit these at Golfsmith last week and was extremely impressed with the feel and ball flight.
Which shaft?

mmaynard11
03-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Which shaft?

Just the Matrix Velox T 69 Stiff Flex.

mmaynard11
03-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Compared to what I've been hitting for going on 10 years now (CavityBack 3w) the Jetspeed felt worlds away in feel.

War Eagle
03-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Just the Matrix Velox T 69 Stiff Flex.
Nice. Good feel with that one?

DMoney79
03-18-2014, 05:29 PM
I've got the 3 wood Jetspeed and picked it over the SLDR, the only down point I found for the Jetspeed was that it does sit a few degrees closed. I like quite heavy shafts in my clubs and the stock shaft isn't far off what I like, but in a few months I will be swapping it out I think. You can't knock this thing for distance, it is very long!

I purchased the Jetspeed 3 wood today over the SLDR. I also tried the Biocell and the Xhot Pro. It came down to the Jetspeed and the Biocell. The forgiveness was about the same for me between the two, but the distance I was getting with the Jetspeed was not to be ignored. I had a couple shots on the launch monitor carrying 240's which is long for me with a 3 wood. Also my swingspeed with the Jetspeed was quite a bit higher (about 4-5mph) than with the other FW's. Playing the Ocean Course at Kiawah this weekend can't wait to break it out, and see what its got.

Brianbigoats
03-18-2014, 06:09 PM
I purchased the Jetspeed 3 wood today over the SLDR. I also tried the Biocell and the Xhot Pro. It came down to the Jetspeed and the Biocell. The forgiveness was about the same for me between the two, but the distance I was getting with the Jetspeed was not to be ignored. I had a couple shots on the launch monitor carrying 240's which is long for me with a 3 wood. Also my swingspeed with the Jetspeed was quite a bit higher (about 4-5mph) than with the other FW's. Playing the Ocean Course at Kiawah this weekend can't wait to break it out, and see what its got.
Congrats on the new stick
Good luck at Kiawah it looks like a bear

ranger1989
03-18-2014, 11:03 PM
I was able to play two rounds last week while traveling for work. The 5w was awesome. Great trajectory and easy to hit from both the fairway and tee. It really was a club I could rely upon during the two days I was able to play. Making me ponder looking at the 3w versus my current SLDR 3w.

Gohead214
03-19-2014, 06:56 AM
Anyone try the JetSpeed against the R-11S line? They are still great woods. Any differences noticed? I was looking to possibly pick up a new 3W and 5W and the JetSpeed and SLDR are at the top of the choice list.

bigmcclarron
03-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Has anyone developed any rust spots on the face of their Jetspeed yet?

Jaysfan
03-25-2014, 05:34 PM
I tried one recently, very impressed by the quality of the whole product. Head,shaft and grip work together well. Only downside for me, not a fan of the look from the sole. But hey if it works that's what matters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ranger1989
03-25-2014, 09:06 PM
Has anyone developed any rust spots on the face of their Jetspeed yet?
I have not seen any but I have not had mine that long…should I be looking to get some?

Jurrrre
03-31-2014, 07:57 AM
An absolute Driver Killer.

Got it with the stiff standard shaft, spend 15 minutes with it on the range yesterday, used it on the first tee and decided instantly I wasn't going to use my driver the rest of the round (except on the par5's).

Straight and high ball flight. Both of the tee and fairway easy to hit (much easier than my friends SLDR 3wood).

Thechosen1
04-02-2014, 12:48 PM
I'm on mobile so if anyone can help me that'd be great..

I need to find where my post was in this thread about what shaft I hit in this club. I'm thinking of buying the 3 wood for cheap on eBay and need to make sure it's the same shaft, I believe it's the stock shaft but I want to be 100% sure before buying

ddec
04-02-2014, 01:00 PM
I'm on mobile so if anyone can help me that'd be great..

I need to find where my post was in this thread about what shaft I hit in this club. I'm thinking of buying the 3 wood for cheap on eBay and need to make sure it's the same shaft, I believe it's the stock shaft but I want to be 100% sure before buying

I didn't see anything in this thread from you about that. But will check some other ones.

ddec
04-02-2014, 01:10 PM
bmik I found this in the equipment pondering thread. Hope it helps

Full on pondering the jet speed 3 wood. Just hit it on a monitor at a PGA SS. Carry 250 and roll to 270. Rate spin was interesting though at 3300 so not sure if that's good or not

Jet speed is a bomber for sure. I think I want it..bad

Consistent push- roughly 10 yards offline. It was the matrix shaft stiff- it started with an R? Royel or something. Great ball flight too

Maybe you were talking about the Matrix RUL?

Thechosen1
04-02-2014, 01:52 PM
bmik I found this in the equipment pondering thread. Hope it helps

Maybe you were talking about the Matrix RUL?

Owe you big time. Yeah it's the matrix velox on eBay. So I believe it's just the stock shaft

ddec
04-15-2014, 10:24 AM
OK so while I know the Jetspeed line isn't exactly setting the shelves on fire, I decided to spend some time with one last night on the course. I had the 3W with the stock stiff shaft. It was incredibly windy last night, with wind speeds going between 20-35 MPH so I don't have a real good idea on distance. However I do have a few observations from the round.

-For me, the shaft would need to be shortened. 43.5 just felt too long and made it harder for me to square the face up. On shots that I didn't choke up, everything was either a big slice or fade. On shots I choked up I hit the ball straight with a little draw.

-Thought it was easy to hit off the deck. Not as easy as my X Hot, but still not bad.

-One ones hit well, I actually liked the sound of it quite a bit. Nice little ting to it.

Hopefully will get back out there in the next couple of days, on a non windy day to see what it can do.

Jman
04-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Nice Dean, glad you got to get out and hit it a bit.

I totally agree on length, its a LONG club, literally. I choked down about 1/2 to 1" on it when I was reviewing it and playing it. It was my favorite of the two fairways (JS and SLDR) by a good margin, nice sound at impact, solid ball flight, pretty long too. Still just a confusing line.

ddec
04-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Nice Dean, glad you got to get out and hit it a bit.

I totally agree on length, its a LONG club, literally. I choked down about 1/2 to 1" on it when I was reviewing it and playing it. It was my favorite of the two fairways (JS and SLDR) by a good margin, nice sound at impact, solid ball flight, pretty long too. Still just a confusing line.

really long(length). Long and light didn't seem to work right yesterday with it. But when I choked up I saw much better results. FWIW I choke up on the X Hot too. I thought the look of it would mess me up with the way it sits, closed to my eye. However I told myself to just hit the damn ball and not to worry. Was also able to rotate the face more neutral/open without any real turf interaction issues.

Jman
04-15-2014, 10:41 AM
really long(length). Long and light didn't seem to work right yesterday with it. But when I choked up I saw much better results. FWIW I choke up on the X Hot too. I thought the look of it would mess me up with the way it sits, closed to my eye. However I told myself to just hit the damn ball and not to worry. Was also able to rotate the face more neutral/open without any real turf interaction issues.

It def does sit a bit closed, especially compared to the open SLDR if you have seen that one at address. I always choked up on it, loved it from the tee.

ddec
04-15-2014, 10:45 AM
It def does sit a bit closed, especially compared to the open SLDR if you have seen that one at address. I always choked up on it, loved it from the tee.

I hit 2 tee balls late in the night with it. Hole played dead in to the wind. Choked up on one and was right down the middle. Didn't on the other and was in the right FW bunker, some 25-30 yards right of the 1st ball. My home course finally opens on Monday. It will get a good workout there, lots of spots to hit 3w off the tee.

Jman
04-15-2014, 10:46 AM
I hit 2 tee balls late in the night with it. Hole played dead in to the wind. Choked up on one and was right down the middle. Didn't on the other and was in the right FW bunker, some 25-30 yards right of the 1st ball. My home course finally opens on Monday. It will get a good workout there, lots of spots to hit 3w off the tee.

Nice, I'm eager to hear what you think. Out of the Jetspeed line this was the one club that I thought performed well, didn't make sense just like the rest of the line, but it actually performed.

War Eagle
04-15-2014, 11:02 AM
I, for one, really liked the Jet Speed FW. Got to hit it a good bit back a few months ago and from what I saw out of it, both off the deck and tee'd up, I thought it was quite impressive. Up until about 3 days ago, I was 100% certain this would be int he bag for the MC for me.

Jman
04-15-2014, 11:03 AM
I, for one, really liked the Jet Speed FW. Got to hit it a good bit back a few months ago and from what I saw out of it, both off the deck and tee'd up, I thought it was quite impressive. Up until about 3 days ago, I was 100% certain this would be int he bag for the MC for me.

Its solid. It really is.

Indeed, there apparently has been a wrench thrown in the mix for you guys. A confusing wrench, but a wrench nonetheless.

War Eagle
04-15-2014, 11:06 AM
Its solid. It really is.

Indeed, there apparently has been a wrench thrown in the mix for you guys. A confusing wrench, but a wrench nonetheless.
A confusing wrench, for sure.

Ponders will be going cray cray.

ddec
04-15-2014, 12:31 PM

I'm with you. I figured it would be in the bag as well. Although I have yet to have any experience with the SLDR Fairway. But I really enjoyed what I saw last night.

Its solid. It really is.

that wrench has my mind racing. Need to find out more.

Nwill13
04-15-2014, 09:27 PM
Been working on the FW during my lessons at GolfTec and have been trying out some FW since my G20 with a R shaft is not even close to fitting my swing. I have hit the Jetspeed, SLDR, and Big bertha so far all with stock stiff shafts. I've still been fighting slight over the top move giving me a slight fade when I'm aiming to eventually work to a slight draw.
This is a pretty average shot off the deck with Jetspeed 3W:
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i192/nwill13/imagejpg1_zps3e0bccdb.jpg (http://s72.photobucket.com/user/nwill13/media/imagejpg1_zps3e0bccdb.jpg.html)

I was surprised at the Jetspeed as I thought the SLDR would be the better fit for me, but I like the feel and extra forgiveness of the Jetspeed over the SLDR (which I found not to be too penalizing on misfits). I'm definitely going to need to shorten and find a better shaft with whatever I chose. Oh yea club head speed was not set up so ignore that lol.

Mward
04-15-2014, 10:14 PM
Been working on the FW during my lessons at GolfTec and have been trying out some FW since my G20 with a R shaft is not even close to fitting my swing. I have hit the Jetspeed, SLDR, and Big bertha so far all with stock stiff shafts. I've still been fighting slight over the top move giving me a slight fade when I'm aiming to eventually work to a slight draw.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i192/nwill13/imagejpg1_zps3e0bccdb.jpg (http://s72.photobucket.com/user/nwill13/media/imagejpg1_zps3e0bccdb.jpg.html)

I was surprised at the Jetspeed as I thought the SLDR would be the better fit for me, but I like the feel and extra forgiveness of the Jetspeed over the SLDR (which I found not to be too penalizing on misfits). I'm definitely going to need to shorten and find a better shaft with whatever I chose. Oh yea club head speed was not set up so ignore that lol.

All but one of those stats looked solid. That CHS though... Apparently it's pretty unforgiving if you miss, even with a 200+ mph club head speed haha

blugold
04-15-2014, 10:19 PM

Wait. What. Does that say 218 mph clubhead speed?

War Eagle
04-15-2014, 10:21 PM
200+ mph club head speed? I think the sim might have been inaccurate.

blugold
04-15-2014, 10:22 PM
200+ mph club head speed? I think the sim might have been inaccurate.

A 150 mph ball speed with a 269 carry also seems a little odd to me.

Evok
04-15-2014, 10:23 PM
He said it wasn't setup properly

Nwill13
04-15-2014, 10:25 PM

Club head speed is not used on the practice settings. It has only been used during my club fitting sessions.

ddec
04-15-2014, 10:37 PM

Club head speed is not used on the practice settings. It has only been used during my club fitting sessions.

I'm with you. I would need to shorten the shaft on this club to make it work best for me.

Nwill13
04-15-2014, 10:42 PM
I'm with you. I would need to shorten the shaft on this club to make it work best for me.

yea I found myself choking down about a good inch 1'' and I was making better contact and had much more control. Hoping to get outside with it next weekend during my fitting since it snowed here in Ohio today! Also my instructor is looking to get some other shaft choices from his TM rep for the fitting. Numbers wise I'm too sure what is ideal just have been happy with the overall distance and feel/forgiveness of the club over my off the rack G20 I've been using.

ddec
04-15-2014, 10:44 PM
yea I found myself choking down about a good inch 1'' and I was making better contact and had much more control. Hoping to get outside with it next weekend during my fitting since it snowed here in Ohio today! Also my instructor is looking to get some other shaft choices from his TM rep for the fitting. Numbers wise I'm too sure what is ideal just have been happy with the overall distance and feel/forgiveness of the club of my off the rack G20 I've been using.

I would guess I was about an inch too. Will get more course time Friday, Sat, hopefully Sunday too. Really want to see what it can do from the tee as well.

Nwill13
04-15-2014, 10:45 PM
I would guess I was about an inch too. Will get more course time Friday, Sat, hopefully Sunday too. Really want to see what it can do from the tee as well.

I haven't got a chance to hit it off the tee yet only the deck. Hope it performs just as well. Let us know how it works out for you. I'm interested to know!

Thechosen1
04-23-2014, 09:51 PM
Watched my friend hit this at Dicks. Average total distance was 300 yards. Yeah this thing can fly

ddec
04-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Had this in the bag for 6 rounds now. Just wanted to update some things. I still tend to choke down on it, but have experimented more with not doing so. Really fight some consistency when it happens. However if I square one up, this thing flies(even for me). Over the weekend I had a shot off the turf that GPS'd at just a tick under 230, and have had several drives in the 240 range. I don't hit the driver 240 right now, so those are big shots, and we aren't exactly getting a lot of roll with the soft ground right now. With the shallower face, I have no real issues taking it off the deck, which is a bonus. I also was one of those people who didn't like that it looked closed at address, now I'm at the point where I don't even notice it anymore. I don't notice if I manipulate the face angle at all, I just grip it and go.

Jman
04-28-2014, 01:36 PM
Nice Deano, I still believe that of the Jetspeed clubs this one was the standout. Its a solid fairway.

ddec
04-28-2014, 01:39 PM
Nice Deano, I still believe that of the Jetspeed clubs this one was the standout. Its a solid fairway.

Really is. I like it better than the RBZ line and the Stage 2. Both of those I struggled with a low ball flight.

Jman
04-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Really is. I like it better than the RBZ line and the Stage 2. Both of those I struggled with a low ball flight.

Me too dude, thats why this one caught me off guard early in the review, the launch is there.

Parshooter36
04-28-2014, 01:42 PM
While I did not fall in love with JS driver, I have yet to hit the JS fairway or hybrids. I need to remedy that.

Jody Keith Wong
04-28-2014, 05:52 PM
I got the 3 & 5 wood. I cut 1 inch off the butt end of both of mine and I'm hitting them alot better.

ranger1989
04-28-2014, 08:01 PM
I have had the 3 & 5 wood for a couple of months now and really like them. By far the easiest for me to get in the air. I had issues doing this with the SLDR and RBZ 2 FWs. Even the shots low on the face seem to get pretty high. I have no issue hitting this thing off the fairway either and is a great option off the tee as well. The Taylormade fitter said it would be a good option for me and he was right.