Srixon Z-Star Driver

putting the 11g in the rear is also something I'm sure I'll try. Probably the first time I have a bad day with this driver I'll give that a try for that height=distance. But I've gained so many yards with the current setup I'm too happy now to want to change a good thing![/QUOTE]

I def understand that, the good thing is you can go back to the setup that worked best for ya if it doesnt work out, ya just never know if something will work better unless you try it

Hey guys i got 9 in after work today and shot a 40, pretty good day with some missed birdies and a 3 jack on 9 to bogey it and give me a 40 instead of a 39. I ended up hitting 4 fairways today and the ones i missed were not very far off at all.

Good stuff 10yard! Opened mine up yesterday and planning a range session with the new driver tomorrow evening. First course excursion should come on Saturday. Will report back range results tomorrow or Wednesday morning!

Sent from my Tapatalk!

Good stuff 10yard! Opened mine up yesterday and planning a range session with the new driver tomorrow evening. First course excursion should come on Saturday. Will report back range results tomorrow or Wednesday morning!

Sent from my Tapatalk!

Thanks Cook, looking forward to your thoughts, im loving this driver

Got out to the range this evening. Started by warming up with about 25 iron shots before heading to the driver.

Started out with the neutral setting and weights at 7 & 7. At address, it is a very clean look and comfortable club in the hands.

First swing and result was a good one - dead straight with probably a carry of 230 or so. Initial thoughts about the sound was that it was tingy and sounds a bit hollow. I do not have a vast experience to compare against other drivers so this is the best way I can describe it.

Proceeded to hit another 8 balls or so at this setting and hit some with a fade. The drives had a varying trajectory but most were similar to my previous driver with a fairly high launch.

My first change was to close the face a tad. Immediately went to a "closed 2" setting. This felt a bit awkward at address as it looked really closed to me. Was not terribly comfortable at address and kept trying to open the face a bit. Hit a few decent drives but also pulled a few at this setting.

Next decided to change the face angle again. Went to a setting of "closed 1". Immediately felt better than the closed 2 and I was comfortable leaving the face actually closed at address. This setting delivered consistent straight drives for me. I even tried to put a few aggressive swings which always results in a slice and was only able to get a hard fade out of it. This is important for me because I know that my worst swing will end in a result right of the fairway but not in another fairway.

Next change was the weighting to assist with launch angle. Pulled both 7's and went with the 3 in heel and 11 at face. The result was launch angle down some but not too much.

Hit the most drives with a final setting of "closed 1" & "3 heel 11 face". This combination resulted in consistently straight shots that I would estimate ended up in the 250-260 range consistently. Accuracy is extremely important for me and if I can achieve that at 250 yards consistently I will be happy.

One final note - from my testing tonight, this club likes a smooth swing. The harder I tried the worse the result. Smooth swing and let the club produce will be my motto for this driver I think.

Much more to come as I get more time in at the range and see some real action on the course. So far, I am happy with the results but not completely blown away (was not expecting to be either).

Last edited:
Our Cleveland/Srixon rep dropped off the demo for this club again at our store for a customer to try on our launch monitor. For you out of towners, we can ship this out with a deposit and a set time frame. Send me a PM if you're interested in trying it out.

Hey guys i got 9 in after work today and shot a 40, pretty good day with some missed birdies and a 3 jack on 9 to bogey it and give me a 40 instead of a 39. I ended up hitting 4 fairways today and the ones i missed were not very far off at all.

nice work, sounds like a winner so far!

Our Cleveland/Srixon rep dropped off the demo for this club again at our store for a customer to try on our launch monitor. For you out of towners, we can ship this out with a deposit and a set time frame. Send me a PM if you're interested in trying it out.

thats awesome, gives people a chance to test it out, nice work

I have not been active in this thread at all, but I have to say that I absolutely love this driver! I am hitting the ball longer and straighter than I ever have before (which isn't saying much really). I have had a few 300 + yard shots (thanks to generous rollouts), but I am probably averaging around 260 per drive and my scores have noticeably come down since I started gaming this driver. I notice that I hit the ball the furthest when I relax and swing with 80%. The feel of the ball off the face is like no other driver. I would recommend this to anybody.

mcook,

I've noticed the same thing about the smooth swing - if I just want to hit the fairway and am not concerned with extra distance, just line up straight, swing smooth, and the ball will go dead straight where I am aimed. It's like a point-and-shoot camera. I don't get quite as much distance when I do, but the accuracy is phenominal. I lose a little accuracy when I swing harder with it but do gain some extra yards and the misses are rarely big enough to get into trouble - but on a short par 4 where I'd rather not risk missing my 3 wood and want the extra forgiveness from the larger driver instead, a smooth swing with this thing is almost automatic.

That's great, Patty.

(Shameless plug for Blind9 - buy stuff from them! They're awesome!)

mcook,

I've noticed the same thing about the smooth swing - if I just want to hit the fairway and am not concerned with extra distance, just line up straight, swing smooth, and the ball will go dead straight where I am aimed. It's like a point-and-shoot camera. I don't get quite as much distance when I do, but the accuracy is phenominal. I lose a little accuracy when I swing harder with it but do gain some extra yards and the misses are rarely big enough to get into trouble - but on a short par 4 where I'd rather not risk missing my 3 wood and want the extra forgiveness from the larger driver instead, a smooth swing with this thing is almost automatic.

That's great, Patty.

(Shameless plug for Blind9 - buy stuff from them! They're awesome!)

Great to hear it's not just me and the smooth swing experience. Comforting to know that also golfers like you and SethO have the same feedback.

AND I completely agree with dealing with Patty. She was an absolute pleasure to deal with and was responsive and helpful throughout the entire process - and I got one hell of a deal on this driver!!

I have not been active in this thread at all, but I have to say that I absolutely love this driver! I am hitting the ball longer and straighter than I ever have before (which isn't saying much really). I have had a few 300 + yard shots (thanks to generous rollouts), but I am probably averaging around 260 per drive and my scores have noticeably come down since I started gaming this driver. I notice that I hit the ball the furthest when I relax and swing with 80%. The feel of the ball off the face is like no other driver. I would recommend this to anybody.

Thats great to hear its still working for ya SethO, i agree about the feel its great, the ball just explodes off the face

Sounds like a fun driver to have in the bag. I am looking forward to demoing this puppy next week at the outing :thumb:

Sounds like a fun driver to have in the bag. I am looking forward to demoing this puppy next week at the outing :thumb:

Enjoy, i wish i could be there

I think you'll really enjoy hitting the Z-Star. Lots to like. 2nd that vote 10yard wish I could be at the outing too! But the wife and I will be prowling the golf courses in Vegas next week to enjoy our 23rd anniversary. : )

I think you'll really enjoy hitting the Z-Star. Lots to like. 2nd that vote 10yard wish I could be at the outing too! But the wife and I will be prowling the golf courses in Vegas next week to enjoy our 23rd anniversary. : )

Hey congrats man, 23 years is a long time, enjoy

After waiting 2 months for the Driver to land here in Denmark, I lost my patience, contacted Patty/Blind9Golf and asked her to send me the Driver and FW to Denmark. She gave me a great deal, just recieved them today, and because of my stupid birthday today I can't try them out until tommorow. Thanks for all the great reviews THPers and thanks to Patty and Blind9Golf

After waiting 2 months for the Driver to land here in Denmark, I lost my patience, contacted Patty/Blind9Golf and asked her to send me the Driver and FW to Denmark. She gave me a great deal, just recieved them today, and because of my stupid birthday today I can't try them out until tommorow. Thanks for all the great reviews THPers and thanks to Patty and Blind9Golf

You are going to love them! I just received my Z-Star 3-wood today and only have 1 range session with it. But it is soooooooo smooth! Distance "seems" to be a tad longer than my old machspeed fw and it is definitely easier to hit.

Enjoy Jacolbe

Hey congrats man, 23 years is a long time, enjoy

Thanks 10yard!
Got my Srixon 3-wood. You've gotta give this puppy at least a demo! Miyazaki Shaft + head = a fine tuned fairway machine!
Smooth As Silk is the best description for it.
wow, looks like my bag has turned into a Srixon/Cleveland advertisement!

SethO, glad you are having a good time with this Driver. I have had similar results (not the 260 avg but rather a good for me 240), and I shot my first sub-80 score with this in the bag. My previous low was a hard fought 86 and last week I shot a +5 77 from the white tees. Confidence is high with this driver!

Thanks 10yard!
Got my Srixon 3-wood. You've gotta give this puppy at least a demo! Miyazaki Shaft + head = a fine tuned fairway machine!
Smooth As Silk is the best description for it.
wow, looks like my bag has turned into a Srixon/Cleveland advertisement!

Trust me i have been looking at the 3 wood hard, i just bought a Leupold GX-4 so it will have to wait but im pretty sure ill have one in the bag in a couple months. I had the best driving day i have had all year today, on the front 9 i only missed 1 fairway and shot a +2 37, i only missed 1 fairway on the back as well but thats another story for how my back 9 went lol, read the Rescue11 tester post i had and you will find out. Darn kids got me so mad i blew up the back9. Anyhow im loving this driver, im 99% sure i found my setting, NU is what i played today and boy let me tell ya, amazing results, had the weights at 7back and 3 heel, this weight setup has given me the best distance overall, 11back 3 heel gave me a little more carry since its a higher flight but overall it didnt run out as much so i went back to the 7g back and 3g heel for total distance and not just carry. Just LOVE IT! I can only imagine how good the 3 wood is.

does anybody know how far out the Weather Fit app is for the droid? Also wondering if Srixon plans on releasing a weight kit for this, would be nice to have some more weights

I hit this today at a demo day. I was shocked by the sound, it is very loud. After the first hit I thought something had cracked or something. I just wasn't expecting that sound. After getting over the sound I thought it was nice. It didn't blow me away but it was very smooth, (shaft), predictable, and repeatable. I WAS really blown away bu the FW. That baby is going to be in my bag as soon as I can afford it.

I hit this today at a demo day. I was shocked by the sound, it is very loud. After the first hit I thought something had cracked or something. I just wasn't expecting that sound. After getting over the sound I thought it was nice. It didn't blow me away but it was very smooth, (shaft), predictable, and repeatable. I WAS really blown away bu the FW. That baby is going to be in my bag as soon as I can afford it.

thats crazy, i find it to not be loud at all, the Supertri is 10x louder than the Zstar

Back