The Feherty Show.

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
You know that this is going to be fun, I'll be watching. Here's the article from Geoff Shackelford's blog (http://www.geoffshackelford.com/hom...erty-show-declared-ground-breaking-by-go.html)

For Immediate Release...

GOLF CHANNEL ANNOUNCES GROUND-BREAKING ORIGINAL SERIES STARRING IRREPRESSIBLE SPORTS PERSONALITY DAVID FEHERTY

FEHERTY

12-Part Series Features Personal Stories, Clever Observations and Captivating Interviews with the Man Known for his Inimitable Style and Witty Golf Commentary

Feherty Premieres Week of June 20

ORLANDO, Fla. (May 9, 2011) – One of the most recognizable and unique personalities in sports, David Feherty – a 14-year veteran of CBS Sports – is bringing his unmistakable wit to Golf Channel with the all-new, prime-time series Feherty, currently in production and debuting the week of June 20, following the playing of the U.S. Open near the nation’s capitol.

Feherty is the first original Golf Channel series created since the golf cable network became a member of the NBC Sports Group following the Comcast-NBCUniversal transaction in January.

No topic is off limits in this 12-part series which will share revealing interviews with well-known personalities from all walks of life – from sports to entertainment to politics – along with unique stories and anecdotes from the brilliant yet zany mind of David Feherty.

And skipping through the bio stuff:

“This show is something I’ve always wanted to do, and I'm glad it’s found a home at Golf Channel,” Feherty said. “I’m really overjoyed, so much so that I may have to cheer down, rather than up. I think I'm tri-polar.”

Surrounding the interview in each 30-minute episode, Feherty will share never-before-heard stories about the sport and the personalities that play it as well as poignant and humorous observations on the peculiarities of life. The series is being shot both in studio and on location with interviews taking place across the country.

I'll be watching for sure. Feherty is my favorite commentator by far.

This sounds pretty entertaining, I'm a fan of David Feherty's work on CBS so hopefully this will be as entertaining as that. Thanks for sharing.

I am a fan so I will most def watch at least two of his shows.

If nothing else it should be interesting. I like his wit and patriotism now that he is a U.S. citizen.

This will be entertaining for sure. I like that he isn't always so serious.

I never got the Feherty thing. Cool that he has his own show and I know a lot of people like him so it should be successful.

This should be a good show to watch. I love listening to Feherty during the CBS broadcasts. I'll be tuning in for sure.

I'll watch at least a couple episodes... will likely get relegated to the DVR and I'll have to watch it at some odd time but I'll watch!

I like Feherty. I have met him a couple of times and he was always great. Super funny and a really nice guy. He offered me home baked goodies that his wife made. For that I will forever be a fan. :smile:

I like Feherty. I have met him a couple of times and he was always great. Super funny and a really nice guy. He offered me home baked goodies that his wife made. For that I will forever be a fan. :smile:

Nice!! I'm jealous! :D

To quote Bart Scot, "Can't wait!"

I'll tune in. I've had the pleasure of meeting him and he was incredibly nice and gracious as well as funny.

I will watch his series. I, for the most part, enjoy his on-course commentary and wish him well for his new show.

I like Feherty as a guy. I love how he's embraced his citizenship as someone else mentioned. However, I sometimes find his commentary forced. I feel the same way about McCord. They work at being zany instead of just being zany. That's my perception at least. Should be interesting to see him do interviews for 30 minutes.

Kevin

looking forward to this one should be good

I will watch for sure. He is one of those guys I would love to meet and play a round of golf with. I'm sure there would never be a dull moment. Should be a great show.

I am in the minority and don't really find him that funny. :confused2:

It sounds like it will be a good show. I think Davids a class act and look forward to watching it.

Huge fan of Feherty! Can't wait to be in tuned for this show!

Back