Contest - The Players Championship - TaylorMade [Spoilers]

Alright im in. Went with 4 TM players. Im terrible at these so I need as many players as possible

Entry sent, this is going to be fun!

Win McMurray just twitted this.

"Laughed aloud walking by clubhouse when overheard @2011PLAYERS fan talking with another fan and saying "Tiger's blackbook sold for $2M"

Hopefully her number wasnt in the blackbook :D

I'm going four picks. Increase my odds of picking a winner. Plus, having TM staff win tournament with a TM prize would be awesome - win-win situation.

Team 9I is in it to win it!!

Thanks again to THP and TaylorMade for such an awesome contest!! Good luck everybody!!

I'm guess I'll sit down in a little while a put a team together. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out and if the extra person will make a difference for the winner.

OK, I'm in. Didn't take the bait on the extra guy.

Nice little twist on this one. Stuck with just three guys. They better come in 1,2,3. lol
thanks THP and Taylormade.

I'm in....took 4 TM guys.......LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!

Sent my entry in yesterday - went with 4 TM guys as well. Will be a blast to follow starting tomorrow! Thanks TM and THP!!

Sent from my Tapatalk!

Looking forward to following this thread through the tournament.

Any word of any WD's?

So far I think its just Jeff Maggert and replaced with Kevin Chappel.

oh man, thanks. Time to edit Team TC's fantasy roster then.

my favorite early round pairings this week, in no particular order:
kuchar-kaymer-woods
glover-ernie-casey
rose-vijay-verplank
bubba-donald-mark wilson
scott-clark-sergio
fowler-manassero-quiros
points-villegas-number 12
furyk-DJ-Gmac
mahan-stricker-schwartzel

Love that Mahan Stricker & Charl pairing. Very interesting 3 some that play very different games.

I think the Kooch, Kaymer, Tiger pairing is quite interesting. Also love the Furyk, DJ, GMac pairing. Hopefully DJ can get GMac fired up and rolling(and I don't mean joints)

Sean O'Hair switching irons from tour preferred to the forged mb blades. Interesting read

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. — There's no way 175 players on the PGA Tour have a better iron game than Sean O'Hair. But according to the computers that track greens in regulation, so far this season there are.

For O'Hair, a 27-year-old with more than $14 million in earnings over the past five seasons as one of the best ballstrikers around, that's unacceptable.

"New Orleans was my fifth missed cut in a row," he said leaving the practice area. "So I just said to myself that there needs to be a change."

Tweaking his swing is part of that change, but another major part is a new set of irons. This week at The Players, O'Hair will be using TaylorMade's Forged MB blades.

"Over the last couple of years, because of the groove issue, I've had a difficult time trying to find irons that will flight the ball the way that I like," O'Hair said. He said that he's not too concerned with how the new grooves effect his shots out of the rough because like other pros, he's learned to handle flier lies. It's the shots from the short grass that have given O'Hair headaches.

"Out of the fairway, at least for me, I'm noticing that I am not getting the same flight every time," he said. "I'm looking for a penetrating flight; I don't like my irons to go super-high and I don't want them to come out so low that I cannot stop among the greens."

O'Hair has always played TaylorMade irons that feature a small cavity back or perimeter weighting system. He previously played TaylorMade's Tour Preferred irons, which have weight notches in the heel and toe. Earlier this year he tried new Forged CB irons, but they sent shots too high, especially with the short irons. The Forged MB irons offer plenty of feel and predictability, and a low, piercing flight.

"I'm looking for a certain miss," O'Hair said. "I always want my miss to be on the right. I may over-cut it or push it a bit, but when my misses start landing 10 or 15 yards short then I've got an issue. But if they're only three or four yards off on a missed shot, then I know these are the irons for me. That's what I've seen with the MBs, which I have not seen for two years."

TPC Sawgrass is a tough place to bring a new set of irons and a work-in-progress swing, but O'Hair seems encouraged by what he was able to achieve while taking last week off. Don't be surprised if he proves the green-tracking computer wrong.

Did you guys pick some of the same guys from your fantasy squad this for this? I was going to, but decided to go with three totally different guys so so I have more players to root for.

Sean O'Hair switching irons from tour preffered to the forged mb blades. Interesting read

The ironic part is that the entire thing is kind of weird. He has played the MBs before. He did so at Bay Hill and Doral during practice rounds. Played the CBs but did not care for them. Now is going back to MBs.

Back