Callaway Performance Center Fitting Experience

Damn it dude was that part 1 of the season finale or what? I feel like you are withholding vital information. Give it up! What irons are @marcawesome going with?

LOL. Man in my excitement I forgot to mention my Optimal Set up!!! Lol. ... Friends I guess I'm just boring...

Spoiler
Razr X, True Temper M10 Flighted, UNIFLEX... 1* upright

Believe me I was not expecting Razr X MB's XX500's but wow!!!!!!!! Just goes to show... TRY THEM OUT!

Nice! Great write up, Yoccos :) I love those RAZR X's dude and I imagine they will be great for quite a few of the Cally staffers. I have to go read about those shafts.

Sounds like it was a invaluable experience. Makes me wish I would have found a way to go to one in my area. good stuff dude.

Dude, I would've paid double what I paid. I really didn't want to be that guy and I almost did. Having every single aspect of your swing looked and analyzed with non bias eyes is just eye opening. Reminds me a lot of being at a THP Demo Day.

Sounds like it was a invaluable experience. Makes me wish I would have found a way to go to one in my area. good stuff dude.

Thanks man. I was shocked. I was thinking maybe graphite but I never once thought these would be the shafts that worked best. Maybe graphite but I think it was my own closed mind that kept these from truly being out there. Flat out performed best. The irons I was pretty sure but ya know, had to hit the Tours lol.

Nice! Great write up, Yoccos :) I love those RAZR X's dude and I imagine they will be great for quite a few of the Cally staffers. I have to go read about those shafts.

Tremendous post Yoc! All that data is so cool, but the coolest is having your perfect setup.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

LOL. Man in my excitement I forgot to mention my Optimal Set up!!! Lol. ... Friends I guess I'm just boring...

Spoiler
Razr X, True Temper M10 Flighted, UNIFLEX... 1* upright

Believe me I was not expecting Razr X MB's XX500's but wow!!!!!!!! Just goes to show... TRY THEM OUT!

Nice dude! I know when you called me when you were out of the CPC you were stoked about your fitting.

Good stuff Yoccos...sounds like it was totally worth your time!

Thanks man! Yeah there is a ton more info we went over. Itreally was just mind blowing.

Tremendous post Yoc! All that data is so cool, but the coolest is having your perfect setup.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Haha, and stupid Scottsdale traffic didnt even bother me.

Nice dude! I know when you called me when you were out of the CPC you were stoked about your fitting.

Thanks buddy! It really was. Ill drive back out there for any other fittings Ido from this point.

Good stuff Yoccos...sounds like it was totally worth your time!

Dude, way more than I could put in words. Peace of mind with my fitting.. WTH! It's awesome

Sounds like it was an awesome experience and glad you got something out of it!!

This man is ready to go to war! Good stuff Yoccos and it sounds like you got your tools laid out for the job ahead.

Sounds like an exciting day Yoccos! Glad it went so well for you. Can't wait to see you next week!!!!

Dude I feel like I'm Russel Crowe from Gladiator just putting a Lee Westwood but only winning type beatdown my friend!

This man is ready to go to war! Good stuff Yoccos and it sounds like you got your tools laid out for the job ahead.

Thanks KB!!!! It's gonna be great seeing you two again along with everyone else.

Sounds like an exciting day Yoccos! Glad it went so well for you. Can't wait to see you next week!!!!

Nice, Yoc! Glad to see that you took the plunge and got a setup. I guess I won't be hitting irons next to you next week then. :D

Nice, Yoc! Glad to see that you took the plunge and got a setup. I guess I won't be hitting irons next to you next
week then. :D

Dude ill still be goin ham on irons lo!!!!!!

Lol. Man I talked the poor fitters ear off about all things equipment and Morgan Cup. It was a great experience. I'm still in a good mood. Some would say something froze over lol.

Don't forget to tell them you're a Callaway staffer. :)

Nice writup buddy! I was happy for you last night after we talked, I liked hearing the excitement

Thanks man. I know I talked your ear off about it too. I'm still kinda in disbelief looking at how well the uni's performed but #'s do not lie.

I also have to say, I've been looking at my numbers and I'm pretty happy right now. After talking with my fitter Ryan, I don't have the amount of work I thought I did to be decent. That's a huge benefit to the fitting as well. My confidence is pretty high along with my peace of mind with the fitting itself. I have no doubt in my mind Ill be in the right equipment come Morgan Cup time. Just slowing the old swing thoughts down helps me get a relaxed swing in. Numbers proved relaxed swing conquers all!

Nice writup buddy! I was happy for you last night after we talked, I liked hearing the excitement

Wow, great write up Yoc! Glad you got your exact numbers down and can know going in what is going to be the best for you. We have one of those here in town and I've considered going to it to get fit. Listening to your experience has really made me decide that there are only 2 places I'm going to get fit at, either the TM lab or the CPC. Just depends on whose equipment I intend to purchase.

Thats fantastic man. There are some great fitters out there I'm sure, but the ability to see exactly what is going to happen with the different shafts/set ups is amazing. If you do, you can call them ahead of time and go over your goals and whatnot. They'll talk to you and figure out the best plan of attack. I found Ryan just really loves the game and loves helping people. Great move on Callaways part finding people like that for what I would think would be a centerpiece of their fitting program.

It's also nice going somewhere they specialize in the equipment you want to try. I found I got so much more info from them about the advantages/disadvantages of each line than other places, not that the other places were bad.. it was just different.

Wow, great write up Yoc! Glad you got your exact numbers down and can know going in what is going to be the best for you. We have one of those here in town and I've considered going to it to get fit. Listening to your experience has really made me decide that there are only 2 places I'm going to get fit at, either the TM lab or the CPC. Just depends on whose equipment I intend to purchase.

Going for part 2 today. Ryan at CPC has been awesome and I know I ask a ton of questions. I'm learning silent mouths don't get fed especially when it comes to fitting. I've also learned not one shaft is the miracle shaft but it does make the game a whole lot more fun. As well as having the right lie angle.

I have a list of all the shafts they have there but like my Tour Rep said just go in with an open mind. The driver/wood fitting should be fun. I don't know if I'm going to be able to try the shafts in different FW's but he said usually we can get a really good idea based off my driver swing.

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I really have no idea what driver Ill be getting. I seem to hit drivers that are open faced better but I don't know. Can't wait. Fitting is in less than 2 hours.

Wanted to throw a little update out there.

So I went in the the fitting feeling very confident about my driver swing. Yikes. Maybe a little too comfy. Great thing was is I got a good idea what will be great for even the bad days.

Ryan from CPC at Troon North is a true professional. Again doesn't ever make me feel bad for asking questions even when his schedule is swamped. I will be looking at some things this week and hope to make it back there if I can afford to do so.

Anyway, so onto the fitting.

First part was warming up with my Cleveland. I hit some bad shots but hit some decent ones. SS was measured averaging 107 and spin was decent.

Next part was Ryan asked me what I liked and what I was looking for. To give a little background, I love the performance of my driver, long and accurate is how I'd describe it. So when he asked I was like, the same or better if possible.

We started first with The Razr Hawk in Stiff, RIP shaft. I was hitting it ok. Then we went to a RIP X with an 8.5 head. From there I tried Ryan's set up Diamana Kai'li and then tried a Rombax in a 9.5 head. We went with the Razr Hawk based on some tendencies I have in my swing. I cannot wait to reveal what we came up with.

I then went to FW's and hit some great FWs. Only stock shafts were there for the FW's but we figured I can just have the driver shaft as long as the FW has the option. Hit the Razr Hawk 3w, Diablo Octane, and Diablo Octane Tour 3w. We were going to try a 7w but based on my earlier results, hybrids are best for me in that range. Another shocker for me.

All in all I was really happy but thoroughly confused as I thought more about it. Really made me look at my current set up and everything I thought I knew about what I was playing. Fittings are a great thing but man you have to be prepared to have somethings different. I went in there with a clear mind and I admit the bad swing hurt that thinking. Made me question but if I put a bad swing on and still get the numbers I was getting (I did hit some really nice shots too) then I'll be more than ready come the MC.

A great touch at the end was Ryan gave me a sleeve of balls to try. We decided on Callaway Tour i(z) because with my swing, less spin the better. I hit down on the ball (something Ill review at some point because it works for me now) and we found this worked best. Unfortunately he didn't have any samples in stock. So what does he do? I get a sleeve from his personal stash! Four leaf clover on the side of the ball. Awesome and something he didnt have to do.

I can't wait to see what you end up and I wish I could see you hit it. If it's anything like your current driver, it should be a sight to see dude.

Turn off your brain and trust what you see dude. Just let it go and swing those clubs.

Thanks bro. I was able to at least shut it off during the fitting. I'm extremely confident in the shaft. It's the head that was recommended that messes with me lol. The numbers were comparable in the sim and that was exciting. Even my cleveland seemed short so I'm really excited to see this combo on the course. Once Dean and I record we will get all that out there.

Appreciate the vote of confidence. It took a few weeks to adjust to the irons fully and now man, I'm hunting greens. Never thought I would say that. I'm anxiously awaiting the PM from the tour rep. Don't know when its coming but man!

I can't wait to see what you end up and I wish I could see you hit it. If it's anything like your current driver, it should be a sight to see dude.

Turn off your brain and trust what you see dude. Just let it go and swing those clubs.

Back