Contest - The Players Championship - TaylorMade [Spoilers]

I'm watching the streaming 17th and am really starting to dislike this hole. Seems more like a coin toss with the wind factoring in.

Luke Donald looks like a peeled banana right now.

Haven't we already determined that he shouldn't be allowed to dress himself?!?!?! LOL.....

I'm watching the streaming 17th and am really starting to dislike this hole. Seems more like a coin toss with the wind factoring in.

This isnt directed at you in general, but I have such a question about this.

We never hear any issues about playing the Open Championship when it is merely nothing but weather driven usually, yet a wedge on a large green surrounded by water gets people crazy. I just dont get it.

On the 17th today, Kevin Chappel was so desperate to look at what club Tommy "two-gloves" was hitting that he actually walked around and stood in front of Tommy and then stared at his caddy until he was done cleaning Tommy's club. Pretty funny.
Borderline rude, I guess he doesn't know his own clubs.

This isnt directed at you in general, but I have such a question about this.

We never hear any issues about playing the Open Championship when it is merely nothing but weather driven usually, yet a wedge on a large green surrounded by water gets people crazy. I just dont get it.
I guess I'm sympathetic maybe overly when the guys claim a gust pulled it. Other holes they'd just be in the rough but a miss in any direction = 2 strokes. Without the gusts everything is fair. With the gusts it's too chancey.

I guess I'm sympathetic maybe overly when the guys claim a gust pulled it. Other holes they'd just be in the rough but a miss in any direction = 2 strokes. Without the gusts everything is fair. With the gusts it's too chancey.

I don't think the wind gusts pick out particular players though (although I cannot prove that). So, because everyone has to "chance" an uptick or change in direction in wind, it applies fairly to everyone on the hole.

Don't really know much about what's going on on 17 today (or yesterday really) but it seems that historically it is kind to players that just play to the middle of the green in most weather conditions.

Borderline rude, I guess he doesn't know his own clubs.

Plus, even knowing what club Tommy "two gloves" hit, I don't know if how reliable that would be for Kevin's swing.

I don't think the wind gusts pick out particular players though (although I cannot prove that). So, because everyone has to "chance" an uptick or change in direction in wind, it applies fairly to everyone on the hole.
Ok I agree with that. My dislike is that it's something a player can't practice or anticipate. So it's just throw it out there and see if the wind gods take it or not. Has anyone seen a guy play a low stinger and hold this green?

Ok I agree with that. My dislike is that it's something a player can't practice or anticipate. So it's just throw it out there and see if the wind gods take it or not. Has anyone seen a guy play a low stinger and hold this green?

Yeah; I think it is a preference thing. Personally, I enjoy the element of "chance" or "unpredictability". It is exciting to me to watch how the different unpredictable elements can impact the outcome. Some people call it luck; Gary Player, however said the more he practiced the luckier he got. While there are unpredictable and chance elements, the "lucky" ones are the ones that attempt to account for the "chance" in a way that would give still give them an opportunity to score. That is why I like it. I can see the exact opposite preference as well though.

Where are you guys streaming vid from?

Sent from my Epic 4g using Tapatalk.

Well, not sure about anyone else but pretty happy with my picks heading into the weekend. All 4 made the cut which is the first step!!

Luke Donald -8
K.J. Choi -6
Sean O'Hair -2
Scott Verplank EVEN

Only 2 of mine made the cut and they're both known for choking.

Well, not sure about anyone else but pretty happy with my picks heading into the weekend. All 4 made the cut which is the first step!!

Luke Donald -8

K.J. Choi -6

Sean O'Hair -2

Scott Verplank EVEN

We're almost the same

Donald - 8
Sabbatibi - 6
Garcia - 2
Allenby - 1

Well, all four of my choices made the cut. Luke Donald and Davis Love III are both right in contention. Kaymer isn't too far behind after a mundane day at the office. Verplank, my last pick, just made the cut line.

It looks like Phil is letting the fitness slip a bit. I wonder if the arthritis is the reason?

My four guys are -18. Is that good?

Kevin

Man I'm glad I took Tom's this week....:alien:

Goydos -5
Marino -2
Campbell E

Not too bad for going outside the box, but probably no chance unless Goydos wins and the other two go low.

my 4 guys made the cut.
let's go team TM!!

Back