Premier League 2010-11 Season (Spoilers)

Reading my mind ST. I just hope they aren't smart enough to figure it out. Lennon and Bale on the wings would be so dangerous and then put VdV in the right spot... Add to that getting rid of Crouch and putting someone who can actually play up top and Arsenal would become very worried. I wish the Gunners could have Dawson, I really like the way he plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny comment about Dawson because up until this year I thought he wasn't that great. He seems to play better then he has a good partner. Dawson looks great with Gallas, same with Woodgate when he was healthy. With anyone else? Ick.

Dawson would be ok with the Verm but I think there are better options out there. Cahill would be the best but Samba would be a very smart buy as well. I bet Samba on his own could cut the amount of set piece goals the Gunners give up by half while the more commanding goalie would save another couple as well.

City wins 1-0! Clinches a Champions League berth and moves to within 2 points of Arsenal for third place with 2 games left. And Tevez played his first game in about a month, coming on with 10 minutes left.

Hopefully Saturday brings an FA Cup title.

This weekend's games:

Saturday, May 14:
■7:45am: Blackburn v Manchester United, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes/ESPN Mobile TV
■7:45am: Sunderland v Wolves, Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after midnight)
■7:45am: West Brom v Everton, FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app (also shown on Fox Soccer Channel on delay at 12:30pm)
■7:45am: Blackpool v Bolton, Fox Soccer Plus, FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app
■10am: Manchester City v Stoke City [FA Cup Final], Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after midnight and on delay on Fox Soccer Plus at 8pm)

Sunday, May 15:
■8:30am: Chelsea v Newcastle United, Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after midnight)
■11am: Birmingham v Fulham, FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app (also shown on delay on Fox Soccer Plus at 5pm)
■11am: Liverpool v Spurs, Fox Soccer Channel (also shown on replay on NESN on Tuesday at 7pm)
■11am: Wigan v West Ham, FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app (also shown on delay on Fox Soccer Plus at 1pm)
■11am: Arsenal v Aston Villa, Fox Soccer Plus, FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app (also shown on delay on Fox Soccer Plus at 5pm)

Tuesday, May 17:
■2:45pm: Man City v Stoke, Fox Soccer Channel

New theory: With a revamp of their lineup and philosophy, Tottenham could start playing Barca like. Modric-Iniesta, VdV-Xavi, Sandro-Bicuits. Bale and Lennon as the WF's and better CM's (alternatively, sell Lennon and get a true WF).

With a new goalie, CB (Gallas isn't fast enough for a high line IMO), 2 CF and a SB or two and they could pull it off.

F2G: Did you see that Wenger finally admitted he needs some Vet's in the squad to teach the young'un's how to win?

Should be a brutal game tomorrow between LFC and Spurs, oh and it would be fun if Man U secures the title early. Sir Alex promised Ian Holloway he would select himself against Blackpool - would be fun to see even if its just for 2 minutes. Some playfulness in all serious fotball business would be great fun

The FA Cup title game is coming up shortly. I have to work and Jacqui will be at work when I get home so we won't even be watching this one until about 10 PM. I will definitely be staying out of this thread in the meantime! Go City!

The FA Cup title game is coming up shortly. I have to work and Jacqui will be at work when I get home so we won't even be watching this one until about 10 PM. I will definitely be staying out of this thread in the meantime! Go City!

I'm pretty confident City win this match.

ST- I did see that. Wenger is saying the right things, now I want to see him follow-through. How about these names for Arsenal: Scott Parker, Eden Hazard, Benzema, Gameiro, Mertesacker, Baines, Lass Diarra, Samba, Vertonghen, Sakho, Gervinho, Felipe Melo, Jenkinson?

I'm pretty confident City win this match.

ST- I did see that. Wenger is saying the right things, now I want to see him follow-through. How about these names for Arsenal: Scott Parker, Eden Hazard, Benzema, Gameiro, Mertesacker, Baines, Lass Diarra, Samba, Vertonghen, Sakho, Gervinho, Felipe Melo, Jenkinson?

Parker - Yup, espcially with WH going down. Going to cost a pretty penny though since there's a fair amount of interest in him and I could see Wenger being put off. He'd be better then Song though in the DM spot both defensively and offers more going forward. Song is great, but needs a little more seasoning to play well against the big boys IMO.

Hazard - Potentially. The two downsides are that he's going to cost a bundle and Zidane want's him at Real. Thus how much is Real willing to pay for him and how much does Hazard want to work with Wenger will be key. He'd instantly slot into the lineup though as either a replacement for Arshavin or Nasri (Nasri's position rather then the player. I assume Fab's is going this summer to Barca or City and Nasri will take over the middle play maker, which he's better at then on the wing anyway).

Benezma - Honestly, I don't know. He'd fit well with the Gunners since he wants the ball played to his feet and that's how they distribute but I think what happens with Mou at Real will decide it. If RM get's a new striker and Mou stays then I don't see why not. If Mou goes and another striker isn't brought in, I bet he stays. It's not like Benz played badly with them after getting a chance but he's not the target man that RM need.

Gamerio - Just about the money

Mert - I wouldn't bet on this. They'd want a solid 15 for him and I don't see Wenger going for it. While Mert's a physical D, I still don't see him playing that well against a Drogs/Lukaku/Chamkah, essentially anyone just as big and mean.

Baines - Wouldn't be a bad pickup but he seems to like it at Everton, I mean he turned down Bayern to stay. 10 mil would see it done, but that's not exactly cheap, plus Wenger seems to like Clichy for whatever reason (terrible defender, excellent winger).

Lass - He's probably willing to walk from Madrid to London to play. However Lass was a Gunner before and they sold him so I'm not sure why they want him back.

Vert - Lots of teams following this guy. Bayern, Chelsea, Gunners, Tots, Zenit, AC and Inter all want him. Fishcakes knows where he ends up.

Sakho - If Wenger wants him, he'll get him. Their only real competition is AC (Sak's other fav team) and AC just got Mexes and Taiwio. It's well known that Sakho would like to work with Wenger anyway and that PSG doesn't seem to mind letting players go to the Gunners, if no one else (but AC).

Gerv - I don't see this happening. Lille won't let both Hazard and Gerv go at the same time and/or he's going to cost a bundle due to his recent fortunes. He is an interesting prospect in that he's good technically and fast while also being bigger then most of Arsenel's other forwards. That being said, he doesn't like playing the wing strickly so unless they go to a 4-3-3 I can't see him being happy.

Melo - See Lass and the walking to London if they want him. I'm not sure how smart of a signing this would be though given his card happy nature but at least he can distrubute the ball well. All in all, I'd rather have Parker personally as he's a proven comodity and has the steel and attitude the younger gen needs to learn.

Jenkinson - Rumour goes that he's already signed a deal to come last month. We shall see.

Going to be some parties going on in Manchester tonight

Going to be some parties going on in Manchester tonight

I bet it's getting real crazy.

So, City put a huge offer in for Xavi? Not good for Arsenal if he leaves.

I bet it's getting real crazy.

So, City put a huge offer in for Xavi? Not good for Arsenal if he leaves.

Looks to be that they're willing to pony up the 40mil that Arsenal want for him for their Champions League campaign next year. The real question is whether Cesc goes back on his word to only leave for Barca (Barca who thinks Cesc got worse this year and isn't willing to go above 20 anymore and thus won't get him).

The money City spends is ridiculous. To spend that much and barely make 4th is pretty weak in my opinion. Are they spending even more this offseason or are they factoring in the loss of Tevez and a few others?

The money City spends is ridiculous. To spend that much and barely make 4th is pretty weak in my opinion. Are they spending even more this offseason or are they factoring in the loss of Tevez and a few others?

I'd bet there's going to be more spending but also a fairly decent purge. There's a laundry list of expected departures: Ade, Jo, Bat's, Given, Tevez, Onuhoa, Johnson, Viera, Wright-phillips, Bellamy, Cruz, Caicedo and Bridge should all be going out which means they'll have a number of spots to fill since they won't have the depth for the Prem and Champs even if they give up on the FA/Carling from the off (which now that City has won, I'll bet they go after the FA cup again hard to repeat).

Wouldn't have thought they would get rid of Johnson. The rest of them more than likely but they will spend heavily again to get the players they want. Don't be surprised to see them challenging for the title next season

Wow. I wish the Gunners could purge that many and spend whatever they want to get some studs, but I know that's not happening. I'm certainly not saying Arsenal are a low-spending team, but it must be nice to be a City fan while the transfer window is open. Haha

I wish my team had money to pay the wages on time every month let alone spending it on new players

I wish my team had money to pay the wages on time every month let alone spending it on new players

Hahaha very true. Arsenal certainly aren't near the bottom at all when it comes to having money and spending money.

I think every Premier League club has the capabilities to spend big if they need to

Wouldn't have thought they would get rid of Johnson. The rest of them more than likely but they will spend heavily again to get the players they want. Don't be surprised to see them challenging for the title next season

Rumour goes is that Mancini think's he's poo and the only reason he wouldn't go is he counts for the home grown rule.

The time under Eriksson where he excellent seems to have gone to his head and he's never really recovered that form.

We just finished watching the game. CITY WINS! And my wife is very happy. She has been a fan since the late 60s so she has gone through all the bad times.

I like to see all the speculating about who is going to be gone, it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. To those saying they aren't impressed with their finish this season, remember it takes time to gel. You can get a team of superstars but if they can't play together, it makes no difference. City has gone through a lot of players trying to get a unit that meshes together and it's still a work in progress. They can still finish third, and remember, their goal at the start was to take fourth, which they have done. I hope they keep most of the guys they have now. Theres a few that I will be glad to see go away, but they gotta do what they can to keep Tevez. I think Johnson is another they gotta keep. Most of the others on the list that Tuna posted could go with no big loss. Balotelli is damn good, but he needs to control his temper.

They are actually 7 points clear of fifth place, so I wouldn't say they "barely" took fourth. If they win out and Arsenal loses a game, they take third.

Rumour goes is that Mancini think's he's poo and the only reason he wouldn't go is he counts for the home grown rule.

The time under Eriksson where he excellent seems to have gone to his head and he's never really recovered that form.

You mean Michael Johnson don't you, I had totally forgot about him, thought you were talking about Adam

You mean Michael Johnson don't you, I had totally forgot about him, thought you were talking about Adam

Yup, Michael, not Adam.

And Smalls, I don't think City has much choice on Tevez. He changes clubs at least ever 3 years and hates life in England. His family is only willing to move to Italy so I wouldn't suprised if he ends up at Intergentina with his country men and his family.

They are actually 7 points clear of fifth place, so I wouldn't say they "barely" took fourth. If they win out and Arsenal loses a game, they take third.

They had to win games and have others lose right at the end of the season to slide into fourth. Not sure how much closer it can get to "barely" making it. It's not as if they had Arsenal's season and slid down into fourth.

Tevez is very very likely to be leaving this off season.

Tevez will end up at Inter and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sjneder end up at City

Back