Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

I tested both the TM 2.0 and the Razr X tour, and I would choose the Razr X tour with out a doubt.

I see the RAZR X Tour irons have the same loft as my MX-300s. Shaft on X is a touch heavier.

I'd definitely pick the RAZR X over the 2.0's as well. Not saying that is the right choice for you, but I preferred the RAZR by a long shot. This coming from someone who was admittedly not a bit fan of last year's line and who's initial thought picking up the RAZR X was that I hated them. They feel nice and really hit the ball well.

Last edited:
I'd definitely pick the RAZR X over the 2.0's as well. Not saying that is the right choice for you, but I preferred the RAZR by a long shot. This coming from someone who was admittedly not a bit fan of last year's line and who's initial thought picking up the RAZR X was that I hated them. They feel nice and really hit the ball well.

I agree with hawk. If it were me I'd go with the razr x. I thought the burners performed well but I did not care for the feel of them. I think the callaway with a proper shaft is a great way to go.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I agree with hawk. If it were me I'd go with the razr x. I thought the burners performed well but I did not care for the feel of them. I think the callaway with a proper shaft is a great way to go.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

What about the feel of the 2.0's was so bad?

I understand not liking the 2.0's, but I have to tell you, when hit on the button, they feel like any other iron I've hit that I hit on the button.

In fact, I will take this to the Burner 2.0 thread b/c I'm curious.

I felt like the RAZR's were pretty soft sounding/feeling when I hit them. I think my exact word to JB was 'muted'. I honesly can't tell you how the 2.0's feel compared to the RAZR's off the top of my head. I do know that I preferred the RAZR's, but that was mostly due to performance when matched with my swing. They are both nice irons.

What about the feel of the 2.0's was so bad?

I understand not liking the 2.0's, but I have to tell you, when hit on the button, they feel like any other iron I've hit that I hit on the button.

In fact, I will take this to the Burner 2.0 thread b/c I'm curious.

reply made in TM Burner 2.0 thread....

I'm excited to get to try these out with different shafts today. I think both lines are unique but I really notice a difference of feel on mishits.

I'm excited to get to try these out with different shafts today. I think both lines are unique but I really notice a difference of feel on mishits.

I can't wait to hear about your CPC experience. What time is it at?

Will @MarcAwesome be posting live tweets from the event?

That dude is gonna try. I called him up just to see if he could make it. His tweeting fee isn't cheap.

Will @MarcAwesome be posting live tweets from the event?

That dude is gonna try. I called him up just to see if he could make it. His tweeting fee isn't cheap.

Totally worth it bro. Hes got mad tweeting skillz, maybe not @TeeHanks skillz but close.

Yeah, he's tryin to reach it though. Today would be huge! I think the CPC would be cool with that.

I'm gonna have a mild anxiety attack due to the amount of equipment there. I may hit the MB's even. I don't know. I'm unpredictable. I really like the feel of each of the clubs in this line. I don't see the forged working their way in though lol.

Totally worth it bro. Hes got mad tweeting skillz, maybe not @TeeHanks skillz but close.

Yeah, he's tryin to reach it though. Today would be huge! I think the CPC would be cool with that.

I'm gonna have a mild anxiety attack due to the amount of equipment there. I may hit the MB's even. I don't know. I'm unpredictable. I really like the feel of each of the clubs in this line. I don't see the forged working their way in though lol.

the question is...will you be "that" guy who gets fitted for one and orders something different haha

the question is...will you be "that" guy who gets fitted for one and orders something different haha

haha now we got a "that" guy watch going on

I hope he walks out with blades and PX 7.0 shafts because he wants to be that guy haha

Is there a doubt??????? LOL.

I hope he walks out with blades and PX 7.0 shafts because he wants to be that guy haha

Wish we could get a counter...

Man lol, they give me a book with everything that I need haha. No escaping! It may not be pretty but Ill post some pics of the book and what not.

Man lol, they give me a book with everything that I need haha. No escaping! It may not be pretty but Ill post some pics of the book and what not.

now that is pretty cool. I'm sure this is going to be an awesome and eye opening experience.

Sunday I left early for Golf Galaxy with the intention of just grabbing a shirt or some shorts with some old clubs I was trading in before the THP Outing. Well I get there and the place was pretty quiet and hitting bay was wide open. So I decide to do a little head to head with all three Callaway RAZR irons. So I started with the RAZR X Forged. It was the first one I saw so I grabbed it. 6 iron with a Dynamic Golf S300 shaft, I think. And to backtrack a bit the reason I wanted to do this was because my swing was terrible last time I hit these irons. So first swing I catch it flush. 165 total. So I hit a few more and the average was about 165 maybe 170. Then I grab the RAZR X Tour. Same shaft in this one. Feels better then the forged and the ball seems to explode off the face. Distance is averaging about 175 yards. The RAZR X wasnt out so I have them grab it and put a Dynamic Gold SL shaft in it. Only other options were the uniflex or S300. This thing was flying off the face and landing 185 easy. Most shots were rolling out over 190 into the 195 range. It was very interesting and I came away loving the RAZR X irons with the RAZR Tour a close second.

Sunday I left early for Golf Galaxy with the intention of just grabbing a shirt or some shorts with some old clubs I was trading in before the THP Outing. Well I get there and the place was pretty quiet and hitting bay was wide open. So I decide to do a little head to head with all three Callaway RAZR irons. So I started with the RAZR X Forged. It was the first one I saw so I grabbed it. 6 iron with a Dynamic Golf S300 shaft, I think. And to backtrack a bit the reason I wanted to do this was because my swing was terrible last time I hit these irons. So first swing I catch it flush. 165 total. So I hit a few more and the average was about 165 maybe 170. Then I grab the RAZR X Tour. Same shaft in this one. Feels better then the forged and the ball seems to explode off the face. Distance is averaging about 175 yards. The RAZR X wasnt out so I have them grab it and put a Dynamic Gold SL shaft in it. Only other options were the uniflex or S300. This thing was flying off the face and landing 185 easy. Most shots were rolling out over 190 into the 195 range. It was very interesting and I came away loving the RAZR X irons with the RAZR Tour a close second.

I saw those same kind of yardages out of the Razr X irons. Compared to my last couple of sets they are just stupid long. I thought the Tour's had nice feel to them and the ball jumped off of that club nicely as well.

Back