Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who can`t seem to settle down with a putter? As soon as I have a bad day at the greens I seem to blame the putter and put another one in the bag. I`m alway pondering about what`s wrong with the putter I am using, currently I am switching between three different ones. And I want to try out a method putter, Seemore, Bettinardi, D.A.R.T Backstryke and a couple of others.. I think it`s a putter-pondering disease..

I was there last year. For me, it was and still is the archer and not the arrow. I've found out I like the center shafted Seemore but really miss the alignment of my ghost and soon I'll have the best worlds. Find one and stick to it.

Tap before talk.

ok pondering Ping K15 or Cleveland launcher any help? I really cant hit a driver to save my life ,hit 4 fairways last time out with the R9 its time to retire it for good. I,m really having a hard time liking the look of some of the other drivers and the 2 posted i seem to hit pretty good

ok pondering Ping K15 or Cleveland launcher any help? I really cant hit a driver to save my life ,hit 4 fairways last time out with the R9 its time to retire it for good. I,m really having a hard time liking the look of some of the other drivers and the 2 posted i seem to hit pretty good

Both are very good, but the shaft alone in the Cleveland give it a major edge for me.

Considered an adjustable driver? I realize that many will say it is covering up a swing flaw but I have gone from a fade/slice to a dead straight/slight fade with small swing changes (trying to start inside to avoid coming over the top) and closing the face on my driver.

I really like the ability to modify the settings on a club as your swing potentially changes (as opposed to buying a stock or draw driver, etc). I had really good experiences with the Z-Star and 910 series personally.

Good luck on whatever route you choose!

Ogie - I much preferred the Launcher and the fact that it gives you some options in terms of shaft performance and weight is a very good thing, imo.

JPX 800 Pro irons
and after reading all the ravs, the Z-Star driver

Have you been able to try the Srixon driver Ogs?

Have you been able to try the Srixon driver Ogs?

Hey Bucko yes i did try it just wasnt for me . Nothing against adjustable drivers but there not for me ,maybe i'm a little old school, I think i'm kinda leaning towards what JB and Hawk said about the Cleveland and the Myazaki shaft .

Currently pondering Wilson Staff TW Wedges or Cleveland CG15's...

Also pondering a putter change to a centre shafted TM Ghost or Oddessey Backstyke Dart with a short shaft, the 35" shaft on my ice is far too long I have found of late.

I miss my Nike Slingshots. They were such a great set of irons.

They go for cheap these days if you really want them back.

I went to a demo day last weekend and really got the best performance from Nike's VR Pro Driver. I usually do not care for Nike equipment, but the head was the most explosive hit and the shaft really fit my swing. I closed the face 1 degree and a nice draw was happening.

The Diablo Octane came in a close 2nd for me. The other drivers were all "good", but just did not stand out like this one.

I am a bit surprised this driver is not getting more attention. I'm sure TW / Nike is hurt by the last year, but I have to believe the other Nike PGA players are playing this driver. Either way, this was the best adjustable driver I have hit (IMO).

I love my launcher hybrid and have hit the driver and its so great. JB is right, the shaft in this club will help your your tempo and stroke. I love my launcher hybrid, it helps me reach long par 5's in 2.

I love my launcher hybrid and have hit the driver and its so great. JB is right, the shaft in this club will help your your tempo and stroke. I love my launcher hybrid, it helps me reach long par 5's in 2.

What shaft is in your Launcher hybrid? I was speaking about the Miyazaki shafts in general, but I dont believe they are in the Launcher line.

It's a Fujikura

I'm pondering a new 7i for now. I tried using my Ci7's yesterday to have a full set and missed my Machspeeds.

While waiting for my brother to get his clubs regripped at Golf Galaxy this past weekend, I tried the Backstryke Dart. That is a really nice putter. If I was in the market for a new one, I would definately give it a serious look.

I am back to pondering GPS units.. Preferably one that documents my shots.

Right now, the OnPar remains on top of my list.

There seem to be some software issues with that unit. I think someone on here was having a nightmare of a time with them

There seem to be some software issues with that unit. I think someone on here was having a nightmare of a time with them

That's not what I like to hear! I have to think it's a small percentage of users, I just have not seen another unit with that much functionality..

Always pondering an alternative iron set (but not taking any action!) The only real need I have is to change the grip on my Rapture driver! I'm thinking a 3Gen which I have on my 3 wood and I really like the feel -- firm and soft at the same time.

Well went to the range today had the Launcher and the K-15 with me , bought 300 balls started off hitting 50 with K-15 then 50 with Launcher then proceeded to finish the rest 200 with the Launcher my mind is set done deal JB and Hawk you guys were right huge difference just in the shaft alone thanks guys

Well went to the range today had the Launcher and the K-15 with me , bought 300 balls started off hitting 50 with K-15 then 50 with Launcher then proceeded to finish the rest 200 with the Launcher my mind is set done deal JB and Hawk you guys were right huge difference just in the shaft alone thanks guys

If I hit 300 straight driver shots in one range session then I'd probaly need surgery. Very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back