TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

I've said before the 3H TP seems more like a 5 wood to me. I'm strongly considering replacing my 3 wood with a Rescue 11 2H. They are a beast off the tee and easier to hit off the deck for me than FWs, but harder than other hybrids. I'll probably end up going driver, Rescue 11 2H & 3H (using those two basically as a 3 & 5 wood), then different hybrids I'm more comfortable with off the fairway.

I like that setup, Driver, 2h, 3h, sounds great, if i did it i would go Driver, add a 2h and keep my 4h, my course isnt long enough to need 3 but that 2hybrid would come in handy i can tell ya that

Well I got out last night and played 4.5 holes before a lightning storm chased us off the course.

I used the Rescue 11 twice. One was for a punch shot under some branches. Shot went well. I wasn't able to get great footing because of the muddy conditions undermy feet. I left my self about 20 yards short of the green. The other opportunity was a knockdown-cut. I needed the ball to cut about 45 yards. That didn't happen. I was left under a tree and had to take an un-playable. Good thing the storm came and cancelled the round and its scores. I started par par bogey and then went double and on my way to another double, but alas, the those scores wont count.

I like that setup, Driver, 2h, 3h, sounds great, if i did it i would go Driver, add a 2h and keep my 4h, my course isnt long enough to need 3 but that 2hybrid would come in handy i can tell ya that

I was thinking of doing the same thing, I am having a much easier time hitting my hybrid than I am my woods. We'll see. Anyhow, a quick review of how well this club works out of the rough...Some people have mentioned how well the club moves through the rough, well I hit the ball in 1-foot long grass yesterday (don't ask me how it was the worse golf day of my life and I don't want to talk about it) and the ball was buried deep. I didn't have any good club to hit out of it so I just decided to use the hybrid for the heck of it. Wowee! The club somehow dug right through the rough and I hit a 180 yard shot straight down the fairway. It was probably the only good shot of my round. So this thing works great out of any rough! Couldn't believe it! This thing just continues to impress.

I was thinking of doing the same thing, I am having a much easier time hitting my hybrid than I am my woods. We'll see. Anyhow, a quick review of how well this club works out of the rough...Some people have mentioned how well the club moves through the rough, well I hit the ball in 1-foot long grass yesterday (don't ask me how it was the worse golf day of my life and I don't want to talk about it) and the ball was buried deep. I didn't have any good club to hit out of it so I just decided to use the hybrid for the heck of it. Wowee! The club somehow dug right through the rough and I hit a 180 yard shot straight down the fairway. It was probably the only good shot of my round. So this thing works great out of any rough! Couldn't believe it! This thing just continues to impress.

i have actually been in some about that deep and thick this year and it went through it well, very impressed all year with this club so far. Im playing in the morning with my Dad so i will have a update tomorrow.

Played 18 yesterday. I hit 6 tee shots and 1 shot from the fairway with the Rescue 11 18* TP. All 6 tee shots ended up in very playable spots. They were either on the fairway or slightly left off the fairway. The one shot from the fairway was 270 to the front, downwind, so I was just trying to knock it as close to the front as I could and it stayed on target and came up right where I thought it would. Now that I have started to just consider this club a 5 wood and use it as such, I've started to enjoy this club much more. I'm trying to play 18 today, but we might have some rain coming off the Gulf this weekend. Any questions or comments, please feel free to fire away.

Guys what a rollercoaster on the course today, it was a crazy round lol, Front 9 i shot a 2over 37 and only missed 1 fairway and 2 greens, played really really well, and here we go to the back 9, hole 10 runs along the driving range and doglegs around to behind the driving range so if you hit it passed 220 you will be hitting it into the fairway over the driving range fence, well the highschool team was on the range and we were just off the green behind the driving range fence and just had balls bombing all around us, after about 6 times of almost being hit and then the 7th finally hitting me in the leg i lost it, i cant post what i said on here but it wasnt nice lol, the worst part was the head pro was out there watching them do it, your not supose to hit driver on the range if you hit it over the fence and he didnt say one thing to them, i was furious, everytime i hit my driver he tells me to stop since i clear the range, lets just say that after i drove the cart up there after being hit and telling them what i think they stoped and let us finish and didnt say a word, after all that i was so pissed the entire back side i shot a 48, what a waist of a 37 on the front. Anyhow the rescue11 performed great again today, hit a couple tee shots with it that found the fairway and a couple into par 5's that were on the fringe. This club still impresses me everytime i pull it out of the bag

Guys what a rollercoaster on the course today, it was a crazy round lol, Front 9 i shot a 2over 37 and only missed 1 fairway and 2 greens, played really really well, and here we go to the back 9, hole 10 runs along the driving range and doglegs around to behind the driving range so if you hit it passed 220 you will be hitting it into the fairway over the driving range fence, well the highschool team was on the range and we were just off the green behind the driving range fence and just had balls bombing all around us, after about 6 times of almost being hit and then the 7th finally hitting me in the leg i lost it, i cant post what i said on here but it wasnt nice lol, the worst part was the head pro was out there watching them do it, your not supose to hit driver on the range if you hit it over the fence and he didnt say one thing to them, i was furious, everytime i hit my driver he tells me to stop since i clear the range, lets just say that after i drove the cart up there after being hit and telling them what i think they stoped and let us finish and didnt say a word, after all that i was so pissed the entire back side i shot a 48, what a waist of a 37 on the front. Anyhow the rescue11 performed great again today, hit a couple tee shots with it that found the fairway and a couple into par 5's that were on the fringe. This club still impresses me everytime i pull it out of the bag

all I can say is "Ouch" I thought common courtesy was in play for us golfers?
I would have been pissed too. I get that way with slow players who plum-bob a putt 12 different ways while groups are stacked up behind them, or play from the back tees when they can't hit it pass the front tees or straight!

all I can say is "Ouch" I thought common courtesy was in play for us golfers?
I would have been pissed too. I get that way with slow players who plum-bob a putt 12 different ways while groups are stacked up behind them, or play from the back tees when they can't hit it pass the front tees or straight!

you would be surprised at how many jackwagons are out there on the course lol, Slow play doesnt bother me nearly as much as people hitting at me numerous times even after i walked over and held my club up letting them know we were back there playing, didnt stop them. They are just lucky this didnt happen years ago when i had a temper lol.

played 9 today with my brother. It was a nightmare. My snap hook showed up. It left me with long shots, from the left side, and around trees into the greens. It was a tough day. I had to use the Rescue 11s for mostly punch shots. I never got to completely unleash the Rescue 11s. Sad day indeed.

10 yard that happened to me when I was playing in a tournament in Chicago last year. Guys were about hitting me as I was in the fairway off of 10 and I couldn't concentrate. I hate when people do that and don'thave the courtesy to think about other players on the course.

10 yard that happened to me when I was playing in a tournament in Chicago last year. Guys were about hitting me as I was in the fairway off of 10 and I couldn't concentrate. I hate when people do that and don'thave the courtesy to think about other players on the course.

I know man its rude, it had me so mad the entire back side i played horrible, if im mad or cant concentrate i will play bad 99% of the time

Just a quick range session today as the mosquitoes were eating us alive! Focused on tempo for my swing and saw some good balls. Nice and high. Wasn't getting the distance I was expecting but that will come more with time. Leaving for the THP Outing on Wednesday, so I'll finally have on-course experience by the weekend! Hopefully the Rescue will save my bacon playing the Champion Course!

Just a quick range session today as the mosquitoes were eating us alive! Focused on tempo for my swing and saw some good balls. Nice and high. Wasn't getting the distance I was expecting but that will come more with time. Leaving for the THP Outing on Wednesday, so I'll finally have on-course experience by the weekend! Hopefully the Rescue will save my bacon playing the Champion Course!

I think that this club's lack of forgiveness shows itself when I swing too fast. Keeping a good swing tempo and a hip turn, and not a hip slide, really utilizes the club.

I think that this club's lack of forgiveness shows itself when I swing too fast. Keeping a good swing tempo and a hip turn, and not a hip slide, really utilizes the club.

I agree completely. When I cook it, bad things happens.

I agree completely. When I cook it, bad things happens.

I either thin it and get no carry. Or I make solid contact and hook the hell out of it. But you're right, bad things happen 99% of the time.

Played 18 Sunday at Seminole Lake CC. Same course as Friday, but more wind. No new thoughts on the Rescue 11. It performs extremely well off the tee for me, but I just don't have the same confidence with it off the fairway. It's also great around the greens to bump with. The last two rounds have just reinforced my thoughts that I would keep this club in my bag as a 5 wood or maybe even go down to the 2H, because I really like what this club does off the tee for me. I've been playing the club adjusted open too. I'm not really sure if that's what has straightened the club out for me though, because I've started to set-up and swing like I'm playing a fade whenever I hit this club and I haven't had the problem of losing it left as much as before.

Interesting thoughts there Fairway. I wil try to hold off the release through impact. That might keep me from hooking it.

played saturday before work. Got to hit this 2 times that day. First time was a long par 4, 470 yds. I hit my tee shot to the fairway and left me about 215 to the pin. Which is to close for my 5w and and about 10yds too far for my hybrid, but I hit the hybrid anyway. I seem to have more confidence in it than I do my 5w. I hit it pretty well. It was a mid trajectory with a slight fade on it. Ball landed and stopped (dang rain). I was about 8 yds short of the green dead middle of the fairway. Was a pretty good shot for the rain. If it was dry I'm sure it would have bounced up and rolled on. Not to say it would have rolled close to the hole, but it would have been on. Second time was a 208 yrd par 3 over a creek. You have to drive over a bridge to the tee box and then drive back across to the green. It's a pretty nice hole with hills on both sides and a couple green side bunkers. I hit the Rescue 11 4 awesome off the tee. Hit in front of the green and bounced on. It only rolled a little after it hit the green. But I was still on! Had about a 30ft putt for birdie and wound up with par... Still love this club for all that it is. No more honeymoon phase here. It's the real deal!!!

I really like the weighting of this more and more. This may end up replacing my Mashie 4 if I keep having success with it....

I really like the weighting of this more and more. This may end up replacing my Mashie 4 if I keep having success with it....

I love the weighting of it, its one of my favorite things about the Rescue11. Thats saying something when it might kick the mashie out of the bag. Im gonna try and get out tomorrow or the next day depending on the weather, its raining today. I will also update with more wear pics as im seeing some more wear now on the sole which is expected.

Dang it guys, I'm itching to get this club in. Glad I decided to order mine on Overnight (that and I'll be out of town Saturday) lol

Just an FYI, I listed an R11 Rescue TP hybrid with very little use. Check out BST here. Thanks.

Just an FYI, I listed an R11 Rescue TP hybrid with very little use. Check out BST here. Thanks.

Just curious how/why yours ended up in the BST. What was your experience like.

I really like this club for accuracy. Very solid feel and results. Put an NVentix Nunchuk into it and installed a white ferrule. Looks really good.

Back