Bag Boy XLT-15 Golf Bag Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
How do the zippers look? Are the normal ones or do they have a bit more beef to them?

Another great review! Question for you: I know you mentioned that the clip for the external putter holder would not do any damage. What if someone was using a SeeMore with the graphite shaft at the bottom (assuming you clip it in putter head up)? Same question for graphite shafts in the internal clips. Thanks!!

Zippers are 'standard' and don't have a lot of beef to them
How do the zippers look? Are the normal ones or do they have a bit more beef to them?

You would clip the putter 'head up' so the grip and part of the shaft will be tucked away in the pocket. I don't think the internal grips would cause any damage to graphite shafts since they are plastic. Maybe some minor wear due to constant clipping / unclipping but that would probably take some time to see
Another great review! Question for you: I know you mentioned that the clip for the external putter holder would not do any damage. What if someone was using a SeeMore with the graphite shaft at the bottom (assuming you clip it in putter head up)? Same question for graphite shafts in the internal clips. Thanks!!

Great review, i will definitely have to take a look at this bag in person.

Great read Todd, great observations on the BagBoy and I also think the red & black color combination is very cool looking.

I enjoyed reading the review. My question was going to be similar to cooks. I have a SeeMore as well. The plastic clips that hold it. besides the posible wear, what is your thought about the durability. Like you wrote bag is an investment. I play 4 + rounds a week I would be concerned about clip holding up(Not Breaking). Thanks

Nice review! I’m noticing more cart bags with the strap in the back. My question is how does that putter snap look like it will hold up, and the Clip Lok spaces?

Wcueb and timmy- The putter clip looks and feels very sturdy. I would recommend taking the putter out of the clip by holding the putter closer to the head vs. just pulling it from the shaft. If you do that that could cause some additional stress on the clip and cause that to potentially tear from the bag

I enjoyed reading the review. My question was going to be similar to cooks. I have a SeeMore as well. The plastic clips that hold it. besides the posible wear, what is your thought about the durability. Like you wrote bag is an investment. I play 4 + rounds a week I would be concerned about clip holding up(Not Breaking). Thanks

Nice review! I’m noticing more cart bags with the strap in the back. My question is how does that putter snap look like it will hold up, and the Clip Lok spaces?

Looks like there are plenty of nice features on this one. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person soon. The strap on the back is kind of odd to me, but I do find myself annoyed by the strap on the front of my bag at times. I like the idea that you can snap your clubs into place as well. Nice job on this one, Hanks!

I did check the review out, well done. I own a Bag Boy and have only have minor issues. I have never had a bag with zero faults, but my Bag Boy has been as close as any.

Very comprehensive review Todd, well done!

This bag has some features that I’ve never seen before. They are very unique options as well. Personally, I’m digging the shorter putter well and the clip, and I absolutely love the shaft slots in the openings of the bag.

Great looking bag and I would definitely consider one next time I am looking into a new bag. I hope they come in a blue/black combo.

Hanks, curious if you are still using this bag a year later? If so, have the clips caused any noticeable wear on any of your shafts? I am really leaning towards this bag over the Ogio Chamber just because of the putter well. My putter is too short to fit properly in the Chamber.

Nice review. BagBoy has been building some nice bags lately. I like their clip solution for keeping clubs in place. Simple and workable.

Somebody else beat them to the strap holder though...still its a nice touch.
clubs%20002.JPG

I still am actually! There's been no wear at all on the shafts from the clips. The main reasons that I still use it are that it holds 2 large bottles of Powerade in the cooler pocket and the exterior putter well. The only things missing from this bag is a 14 individual slot option and an extrerior ball holder. Beyond that it's still a great bag that I'll still use when my MC bag isn't in play

Hanks, curious if you are still using this bag a year later? If so, have the clips caused any noticeable wear on any of your shafts? I am really leaning towards this bag over the Ogio Chamber just because of the putter well. My putter is too short to fit properly in the Chamber.

Thanks for the update! Its not the sexiest looking bag on the market, but it has all the features I'm looking for (and I'm not saying its ugly, its just kind of plain looking). Their choice of 11 club slots is a little weird, but I can live with it. I plan on putting my 54/58 wedges in one front slot, and my 50/46 wedges in the other front slot. I usually pull two wedges at a time anyway, and make my decision once I'm over the ball.

UPS guy showed up at lunchtime with this:

IMG_0024.jpg

How am I gonna use these fancy club clip?

IMG_0025.jpg

Here's one way....I know the bag has a putter well, but it seems safer to store the putter in an internal slot when I'm not playing:

IMG_0030.jpg

The bag weighed right at 7 pounds according to my fish scale (which I think tends to weigh things a little on the heavy side. By contrast, my Nike Sasquatch with straps removed weighs 6 lbs. 10 oz. Not much of a weight penalty moving from a stand bag to a cart bag!.

Here it is all loaded up on my Clicgear, or as Darth likes to call it: The Imperial Cruiser:

IMG_0029.jpg

congrats! the Darth Vader headcover make the look that much better!

sorry to bring this back from the dead but i had a question for Hanks.

does this bag have the grip locking technology similar to the XL and LE models (where you press down and it holds on the the grips), different from clip-lok?

sorry to bring this back from the dead but i had a question for Hanks.

does this bag have the grip locking technology similar to the XL and LE models (where you press down and it holds on the the grips), different from clip-lok?

The shafts clip in on these.

Back