Hoffman's Putter Snap...?

I think if a player snaps a club on purpose during a round then they should be made to complete the rest of the tournament without replacing it. May make them think twice about doing it. It doesn't set a good example to the younger generation who may be watching.
I like it!

The Golf Gods must not have liked it either, Hoffman just put two in the drink on 17...

There have been plenty of times I have felt like snapping a club in 2. Never had the problem with my putter, but definitely some of my long irons! I bet it would feel good to snap one! lol. Doing it in a tournament and especially on TV is a lot different than doing it when I'm by myself though.

Wouldn't mind seeing some more emotion like that lol. Sure beats Tiger's club drop on bad swings.

He should have tossed or snapped himself in half. He was using Scotty Cameron putters and those are the best putters available. :sarcastic:

I think if a player snaps a club on purpose during a round then they should be made to complete the rest of the tournament without replacing it. May make them think twice about doing it. It doesn't set a good example to the younger generation who may be watching.

That's the problem, they are not thinking about what they are doing. Probably just happens so fast they don't even know what happened til it's too late. I've broken a few clubs in my time, and felt really stupid just afterwards. My temper is much better now, I just cuss a lot (to myself).

Bo Jackson set the bar when he snapped the bat like it was a twig. Anything less just looks silly now. I thought Hoffman was gonna have his caddy help him there, took about 10 secs to kill that club.

Bo Jackson set the bar when he snapped the bat like it was a twig. Anything less just looks silly now. I thought Hoffman was gonna have his caddy help him there, took about 10 secs to kill that club.

Now thats funny! Big Bo fan here.

I wonder what the putter company thinks of it? They may be free to him, but Kind of says he thinks this putter stinks.

Honestly I am a fan of this stuff. I just love to see it on TV and I get a huge kick out of it. Swears, club slams, breaks. Anything that is abnormal from the game is all good in my books. Adds some great spice to watching the game.

Well if they paid him to use it that deal would be in jeopardy for sure. I remember Craig Stadler breaking a bunch of clubs walking down a fairway one tourney. Pretty sure that cost him his sponsorship deal and the next one too.

That's the problem, they are not thinking about what they are doing. Probably just happens so fast they don't even know what happened til it's too late. I've broken a few clubs in my time, and felt really stupid just afterwards. My temper is much better now, I just cuss a lot (to myself).

but if they knew what would happen if they did snap, throw in a lake etc then I bet they wouldn't do it no matter how mad they were

I guess after spending 20 years in Indiana during Bobby Knight's period as IU's coach I should understand this better. Maybe Hoffman is so intent on performing up to his own internalised standard of play that he just loses control when he he can't perform at that level. At least he has focused his outburst on inanimate objects:D

Honestly I am a fan of this stuff. I just love to see it on TV and I get a huge kick out of it. Swears, club slams, breaks. Anything that is abnormal from the game is all good in my books. Adds some great spice to watching the game.

Well yeah, look who your avitar is :D

LOL. I thought the same thing. I was expecting something cool, but it looked a little awkward. That twitter feed had some funny stuff in it for sure.

It's unprofessional. Isn't there a penalty associated with breaking a club out of anger during tournament play?

Back