RonInThornton

LEFTIES UNITE!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
28 GHIN
And the host nation is....................................FRANCE

7 years to try and find a decent French player then

Errr...... :doh:

Watching him blow up in The Open was still one of the most toe-curling events I have ever witnessed in professional sport

Shame, as he seems a decent chap......for a Frenchie :wink:

At the very least, the food will be top notch

Listened to the announcement this morning and with all the early talk about Seve being the Euro that put Rider Cup on the map I was sure that Spain was going to get it....but France????

Errr...... :doh:

Watching him blow up in The Open was still one of the most toe-curling events I have ever witnessed in professional sport

Shame, as he seems a decent chap......for a Frenchie :wink:

From the subsequent interviews I agree, he does seem to be a decent fellow.

Quite surprised that Spain didn't get the vote myself. Although the closing holes at the French course will make for an interesting finish to the matches should they get that far.

Go Team Europe :D

Baguette anyone?

I was thinking more along the lines of a nice Cotes de Rhone or Chateauneuf du Pape if I'm feeling a little flush

I was thinking more along the lines of a nice Cotes de Rhone or Chateauneuf du Pape if I'm feeling a little flush
They do have some good wine.

My wife's parents are from France and they migrated to Canada to have their family (yes, I'm married to a former Canadian). They really weren't very fond of the country and it's politics and it's one of the reasons they left. They still held the culture very dear to the their heart and it's one of the places I hope to visit at some point.

My wife's parents are from France and they migrated to Canada to have their family (yes, I'm married to a former Canadian). They really weren't very fond of the country and it's politics and it's one of the reasons they left. They still held the culture very dear to the their heart and it's one of the places I hope to visit at some point.

How does one become a former Canadian? Surely she's still a Canadian

Love France for skiing and snowboarding, could quite happily move there

How does one become a former Canadian? Surely she's still a Canadian

Love France for skiing and snowboarding, could quite happily move there
Got her US citizenship, so that's what I call her. In actuality, she'll always be a Canuck.

It's one of the reasons I watch the Tour de France. I love the history and architecture that's offered. It's a gorgeous country.

I've been to France multiple times, and there's only one problem with the place...........it's full of French people! What an odd decision. At least our boys won't get badgered to much, the French are terrible when it comes to smack talk. No matter what they say, it just comes across as weak.

He outplayed Tiger by a mile in the final round of last year's U.S. Open. Which I called.

I've been to France multiple times, and there's only one problem with the place...........it's full of French people! What an odd decision. At least our boys won't get badgered to much, the French are terrible when it comes to smack talk. No matter what they say, it just comes across as weak.

French people. What is their problem?

Kevin

I held you on such a high pedestal... :D

You know every time I think of France I think of National Lampoon's European Vacation. Pig and a Poke winners, oink oink, we'll be pigs!

Havenot.

Luckily the world will end in 2012 so we won't have to play this in France of all places. If it does happen then at least everyone will be ok with some of the players chain smoking on camera. Somewhere Spencer Levin is getting all his ducks in a row to lock his spot on the team.

Paris is awesome and the course is nice as well.

Oh how I love a good Bordeaux

yes i would agree that french people are full of eh ****.

the main thing is go team EUROPE. who knows i may even get to go.........................

I don't see this as such a strange decision. They explained it rather well today.

The Spanish and Portuguese bids were based on courses and facilities which weren't yet built, whereas Le Golf National was very much built with the thought that some day it may be able to host a Ryder Cup. It's a great course, with a bit of links inspiration and a few tough shots over water, so should have plenty of drama. The last few holes are also built with a sort of stadium feel, so you can get almost 100,000 people packed in to watch the conclusion!

Also, I like France a lot. If only there were less stereotypical French people in it! The food, the wine, the culture....it's got a lot going for it if you're a tourist!

Back