Similar Performance to Pro V1X with more Durability?

jag398

Reaction score
Handicap
Is there anything out there similar in performance and has better durability? I have hit several different balls and I don't think the Pro V1X is necessarily the best ball on the market because that has more to do with what the player needs... What I'm getting at is that I do play the Pro V1X and enjoy using it, but am looking for something a little more durable. Any suggestions?

Try the Bridgstone B330 RXS. im suing it currently and its amazing with good wear:banana:

RXS might spin a little more than you are looking for. Some others to look at:

Bridgestone B330 RX or B330 (depends on clubhead speed)
TM Penta
Srixzon Z Star XV or Z Star XV Yellow (I find the yellows to be very durable)

I'm around 112mph with the driver. I honestly love hitting golf balls that are soft, not necessarily because of the feel off the tee, but instead for the feel on anything inside 150 yards. I'm also pretty particular about the ball when I put with it because I really feel a difference between the different golf balls. I honestly don't like the X all that much because it feels like a top flite ball to me when you compare it to a regular pro v1.

With that in mind, which brand of the bridgestone would you recommend and would you still go for the penta?

I would recommend a Bridgestone fitting at the top of this page to start and then try and locate a live fitting near you. I could recommend the ball I'm playing to you, but I doubt it is right for you. I think you should go through a ball fitting.

RXS might spin a little more than you are looking for. Some others to look at:

Bridgestone B330 RX or B330 (depends on clubhead speed)
TM Penta
Srixzon Z Star XV or Z Star XV Yellow (I find the yellows to be very durable)

I second that, I found the srixons to be the most durable out of that bunch.

I'm around 112mph with the driver. I honestly love hitting golf balls that are soft, not necessarily because of the feel off the tee, but instead for the feel on anything inside 150 yards. I'm also pretty particular about the ball when I put with it because I really feel a difference between the different golf balls. I honestly don't like the X all that much because it feels like a top flite ball to me when you compare it to a regular pro v1.

With that in mind, which brand of the bridgestone would you recommend and would you still go for the penta?

Yes on the Penta.

If it's more feel, then you might not mind the RXS, but may have issues with the performance because of ch speed.

Ball fitting would put you in the right ball.

Both the Penta and Bridgestone B 330RX are very durable golf balls. I go back and forth with them as my gamer right now.

Both the Penta and Bridgestone B 330RX are very durable golf balls. I go back and forth with them as my gamer right now.

I like both of these too, but the RX is probably not the Bridgestone for jag with that high of a swingspeed.

Is there anything out there similar in performance and has better durability? I have hit several different balls and I don't think the Pro V1X is necessarily the best ball on the market because that has more to do with what the player needs... What I'm getting at is that I do play the Pro V1X and enjoy using it, but am looking for something a little more durable. Any suggestions?

I'm looking for an alternative as well for the same reason, the cover of the Pro V1x gets pretty ragged after only 3-4 holes for me. I haven't found anything with as good distance and durable. The Penta is close in performance but is is only slightly more durable than the x. The srixon balls feel really hard to me. The Bridgestone B330S seems to perform very similar to the x and is much more durable. B330S is where I am right now, pending a bridgestone ball fitting next week.

I'm hearing good things about the Penta. TM Penta has a website where if you sign up and meet certain criteria, they'll send you a 6-pack of penta balls for free.

Pro V1x has been my gamer for some time, but also have been looking recently. One solid CG15 wedge shot and it looks like I hit a tree. Tried a sleeve of Pentas last weekend and was happy with them. Note they spin more aroudn the greens than the Pro Vix. Couldn't resist the curren Penta promotion so I pulled the trigger on 3 dozen for $80 (buy two dozen for $40 each and get a dozen free). Got some marks ont he Pentas from wedge shots but not even close to the damage to the ProV1s.

Great feedback here. I continue to hear generally good things about the 330RX and look forward to trying thse, as well.

+1 for the Pentas

Havent tried the 330RX...yet

I love the Penta... great feel and control, also good on durability. The Srixons have been the best I've played as far as durability... but I haven't gamed any of the B-stone balls and I hear they are good as well.

The Penta is something I'm seriously considering... Bridgestone seems to have a great reputation and sounds like a good deal.

Good thread! I have been playing the Pro-V1x but think I will go back to the Pro-V1 for now due to feel. I'm also a big fan of the Srixon Z-Star. For a while I played the B330-RX, but not sure that I totally love it.

I recently did a Bridgestone fitting and would reccomend it to all. It was very educational. I regulary play ProV1x and Srixon Z-Star X and this is what I learned. I have a SS of 108-109. To optimize my spin rate I was fitted into the B330. If you need a spinnier ball like the regular ProV then the B330-S is comperable. the B330-RX and B330-RXS are for SS's of 98 or less from what I learned. The B-stone tech said if I played those the performance would be similar to a knuckleball in baseball, I would over-compress it. It's funny because I played the B330-RX last year and really liked it.

I've been considering the same concept here for a while, but one ball I never hear much about is the Callaway Tour (s) (x). I've wanted to try these and the Taylormade Penta out to see if they are any more durable.

My favourite was always the TP black but now they are no longer being made the best I have found is the Srixzon Z Star XV.

Definately check out the Bfit banner at the top of this page for an online Bridgestone fitting. I have found the B330-RX and B330-S are more durable that the ProV1X. The Srixon balls are also more durable and I used the ZStar yellow before switching to the Bridgestone.

What a coincidence. Bridgestone is doing fittings on Friday, which is the last day of school for me so I'll head on over after finals.

Srixon ZstarX. I swtiched to the Srizon Z Star 2 years ago because of similar preformance but much improved durability.

I recently did a Bridgestone fitting and would reccomend it to all. It was very educational. I regulary play ProV1x and Srixon Z-Star X and this is what I learned. I have a SS of 108-109. To optimize my spin rate I was fitted into the B330. If you need a spinnier ball like the regular ProV then the B330-S is comperable. the B330-RX and B330-RXS are for SS's of 98 or less from what I learned. The B-stone tech said if I played those the performance would be similar to a knuckleball in baseball, I would over-compress it. It's funny because I played the B330-RX last year and really liked it.

That's interesting OG. When I did mine they told me I was on the border of the 330RX vs the 330 with a SS that varies from 103 to 109 (based on fatigue level) and that is was better to fit it for when I slow down vs speed up. 98 eh? Seems a fair bit lower then what the online and onsite fitters told me.

What a coincidence. Bridgestone is doing fittings on Friday, which is the last day of school for me so I'll head on over after finals.

Sweet timing!

wonder if Bridgestone tour series balls will ever be buy 2 get 1 free as the TM and Callaway balls are??

wonder if Bridgestone tour series balls will ever be buy 2 get 1 free as the TM and Callaway balls are??
They had an offer last year where you buy two dozen premiums or 3 dozen non-premiums and you could send away for a golf shirt and hat.

Back