Taylormade R9 SuperTri and Golf Pride VDR Grip

eelric92

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anybody own an R9 SuperTri Driver? I can get one thanks to my friend's store discount at a golf store for $225. I heard it's a great driver and was really expensive when it first came out. Also, I was planning on getting the Golf Pride VDR installed on my woods. Any thoughts on the new 2011 grip from Golf Pride? THANKS :act-up:

That price for a brand new R9 Supertri is outrageous. I bought mine off of ebay slightly used for $200

(fantastic driver though)

I believe they designed it to promote higher launch than the original r9, but I've never met someone who didn't love their SuperTri.

Congrats on the great price point.

Ya he works for the shipping department in a Golf Town and that's the price I can get it for brand new. Great price, but I don't know if it's going to make a huge difference for me since I have a 24 handicap :)

I think it would help you alot.
Ya he works for the shipping department in a Golf Town and that's the price I can get it for brand new. Great price, but I don't know if it's going to make a huge difference for me since I have a 24 handicap :)

I had one and loved it I just upgraded to R-11. It is a great driver

The SuperTri is a very nice driver and that is a very good price for it too. I have also demo the R-11 and I like it also but I am sticking with my supertri for now.

.... just because it is a good driver doesn't mean it is the right driver for you. You should try as many as you can and find the best one for you.

That price on the SuperTri sounds a tad high... are you sure it's not the SuperDeep you're talking about? I just noticed that since you were asking about the driver in relation to hcp. I have the SuperTri with a fitted shaft and I'm a high capper and it is awesome. If you're talking about the SuperDeep then don't touch that with a 10 ft pole. I say go see a fitter and don't just settle for something that your buddy can hook you up with.

As far as the grips, I love them and many of the members here also swear by them. Here's the thread on them. Golf Pride VDR

Does anybody own an R9 SuperTri Driver? I can get one thanks to my friend's store discount at a golf store for $225. I heard it's a great driver and was really expensive when it first came out. Also, I was planning on getting the Golf Pride VDR installed on my woods. Any thoughts on the new 2011 grip from Golf Pride? THANKS :act-up:

I priced this club out today. Brand new is $299. Supertri TP $399 at Edwin watts. Used they are under $100 if Edwin watts buys it from you. $200 should be fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love my SuperTri. Moved early this year from the SuperFast and picked up mine for $199.

Back