Nature Valley Ameteur Tournaments

Good luck Ken! I'll be checking the results page tomorrow! Better see your name at #1!

Big Day today at Michigan TPC. Tee off at 11am, Wish me luck.

I have been looking to start playing more events like these. I'm going to play at TPC Deere Run. I love that course too so it is win win.

I'll be in the Tour Flight category! Going to register now.

I have been looking to start playing more events like these. I'm going to play at TPC Deere Run. I love that course too so it is win win.

I'll be in the Tour Flight category! Going to register now.

Slider, I am going to play in the Deere Run tournament as well! I am currently a 10 handicap though so we won't be in the same flight, but thats good so then I won't have to beat you! lol. Anyway, I have never played the course so I will probably go a day early and play a round so I can get familiar with the course. Would you be interested in playing a round the day before the Tournament to give me some tips on course strategy?

Slider, I am going to play in the Deere Run tournament as well! I am currently a 10 handicap though so we won't be in the same flight, but thats good so then I won't have to beat you! lol. Anyway, I have never played the course so I will probably go a day early and play a round so I can get familiar with the course. Would you be interested in playing a round the day before the Tournament to give me some tips on course strategy?

That sounds like a great idea! I will tell you I don't claim to be a course expert (I've played the course about 4 times) and watched the John Deere Classic a few times in person so I have a little more then the first timer. They have yardage books there also which I highly recommend.

How far are you from Deere Run? I'm probably about an hour and 20 minutes at most away. It is one of my favorite courses in the area by far.

I actually live in Northern Indiana it is about a 5 hour drive for me. I'll probably head down there early Sunday Morning, play sunday afternoon, play the tournament monday, and then head home. So if you want to play Sunday it would probably have to be an early-to-mid afternoon tee time.

Shoot me a message when we start getting close and we can plan for it.

Awesome, lookin' forward to it. This is gonna be the biggest tournament I ever played in. Finished 2nd in a Chicago tournament (not a nature valley one) at Cog Hill Dubsdread last year, but there were only about 9 people playin in my flight. I'm doing this one instead of that one this year because of the opportunity to advance to the championship and to get a trophy, lol. No trophies are awarded at the Chicago tournament so now I'm determined to win a trophy somewhere this year!

everyone loves a trophy!

My summer is awfully full with weekend events, but I'm hoping to register for the Deere Run tourney.

Wonder how soon they post results for these tournaments. Anxious to see how our fellow THPer Ken Stock is doing at TPC Michigan today. Ken, if you see this, let us know how you did!

Wonder how soon they post results for these tournaments. Anxious to see how our fellow THPer Ken Stock is doing at TPC Michigan today. Ken, if you see this, let us know how you did!

no doubt, hopefully it wasnt too soggy from yesterdays rain

You can be sure I'll be on here posting during my whole round at Deere Run. hole on..par; hole 2....par; hole 3....etc. Ha hopefully a couple birdies mixed in there as well

Still no updates from TPC Michigan?

I checked the nature valley site, still no results

yeah I looked too, they dont have the TX results from yesterday either

Interested to see how ken did

Results are up for this past Monday's tournaments. Great effort by our fellow THPer ken stock, unfortunately he did not repeat this year. Im anxious to hear kens thoughts on this years tournament. After seeing the winning scores from michigan as well as the other tournament from monday I feel that I think I will have a decent shot at the Deere Run tournament. Wish I would have played the Michigan one now...unfortunately I would not have been able to anyway because the dumb guy at my course has taken 3 weeks and has still not renewed my membership and handicap to the IGA and it is still not up on their site so I would not have been able to verify my handicap ....

Had to be awesome just to play in something like that, would enjoy hearing how things went.

Hey Ken Stock, can we get some feedback about your thoughts from the tournament? I have been checking out pics from all the tournaments so far and it looks like so much fun! I can't wait for TPC Deere Run! I wish there were more tournaments around me so I could play them.

i played at TPC Jasna Palana(NJ) previously - did not place or anything but was in awe of the facilty -the clubhouse is amazing and the course was in perfect condition. I think it was like $250 when I played and was the top in terms of $ that year. Would like to play there again but can play a lot of golf for that $. One time was worth it.

The old PGA tour partners club used to play the same TPC circuit but they are defuncted now

Yeah I have noticed the entry fees for some are pretty salty, but the TPC Deere Run is only $130.

I am hereby officially making this my "Road to TPC Sawgrass" thread, lol. I am committing to the Nature Valley TPC Deere Run tournament in July, and hopefully with enough practice, as well as support and advice from my fellow THPers I will be victorious and make it to the national championship! Let this be a warning to anyone who decides to compete in the TPC Deere Run tournament...I am coming, and I am coming to WIN! *NOTE: I plan on winning the Eagle flight, so I encourage those of you who might play in other flights to come compete and bring your A-game as well and win your flight, just not mine!

Hey bud I played the deere run NVA last year and it was an eye opening experience. First off last year the tourney was in sept not july but the course was still set up pretty hard. They set it up similar to how the john deere classic is set up. Not sure if you have ever played at Deere run but every hole is an elevated green to an extent so I would think about clubbing up. Also its a tough course.

Now that I listed the negatives it was a great experience. After shooting some scores in the 70's but mostly in the 80's i went up there. Never played a tourney before and last year was really my first dedicated year to the game. I didnt break 100 during the tourney. BUT it was really just 3 or 4 really bad holes and I didnt have a good bunker game. That course has a ton of greenside bunkers.

The tourney is extremely professionally ran. I will not play this year or probably next year but will return to that course and not let it beat me around as bad. Unfortunately there is a ton of sandbagging so I wouldnt make your only goal to make it to sawgrass. Go to play in a pga type atmosphere and score well and you will enjoy it anything more including a victory and trip to sawgrass consider extra...

Last few words of advice. One play some tough courses the weeks before. Last year I only played 3 or 4 courses all year long and they were easier courses. Play a few of the toughest in your area before you head to the tourney and dont let a bad hole kill your day. If i wouldve let my bad holes go and not carried them over I wouldve scored better. I have pics from the tourney and will share them whenever i have time. If you have any questions just let me know.

Good write up!

Too bad on the sand bagging part of it. I may have an advantage over the other flights where my flight does not have any handicap calculations going into the scores. Now, if I get someone who is a +2 handicap that shows up at .2 index... well.. game over.

I have never played in it, but one of my golf buddies won the Tour flight a few years back - I think he shot 75 from the Champ tees at Sawgrass. He said it was a great experience. I'd love to play but the entry fee is $275 for the TPC course near me, and I miss the TPC Myrtle Beach event by 2 weeks (will need to plan better next year).

Back