2011 THP Outing Recap Thread

Hawk, I might need you to explain to her your thoughts on marriage; you have a great perspective on things.

Anytime. Me and OEM are here for you dude.

Cmoors, when ask when youre getting married the answer is always May. May the day never come. :alien:

Hawk, at least you spoke the truth even if you didnt remember it lol Hawk aint no idiot.

sorry Cmoors...I had to stick my foot in your mouth....haha. she was good luck for you, hold on to her.

LOL! Dude that was hilarious. One of the funniest moments cause of your delivery. And we got some kind of tart dessert.

sorry Cmoors...I had to stick my foot in your mouth....haha. she was good luck for you, hold on to her.

Cmoors, when ask when youre getting married the answer is always May. May the day never come. :alien:

Hawk, at least you spoke the truth even if you didnt remember it lol Hawk aint no idiot.

My answer was always 7 years. Maybe my mistake was putting a timeline on it. Low and behold this is year 7

just tap it in!

The Key lime tart was delicious.

Thanks OEM. And hey, part of the "evaluation" process is seeing if she can make it through an entire weekend of me golfing.

She passed that with flying colors ;)

I am trying to get her to play btw. She actually has a great swing but she just won't get the bug. I keep threatening to buy her a set for Christmas and her response is a dark glare.

I promise I used to be just like that! I could care less about golf and warned Ole Gray NOT to buy me anything golf for Xmas. After I started taking lessons and joined THP, everything changed. I'm so hooked it's crazy.

I promise I used to be just like that! I could care less about golf and warned Ole Gray NOT to buy me anything golf for Xmas. After I started taking lessons and joined THP, everything changed. I'm so hooked it's crazy.

all I can say is 56 seconds.

all I can say is 56 seconds.

not sure the rest of that dinner conversation can get put in to words on the forum haha

Fildini and I had a nice little late night joke telling session. I havent laughed so hard in a long time.

KellyBo, I might need you to talk to her next time and see if you can convince her. I want her to play...as long as she doesn't hit it longer than I do.

KellyBo, I might need you to talk to her next time and see if you can convince her. I want her to play...as long as she doesn't hit it longer than I do.

Then don't let KB teach her anything. She kills the ball.

The difference with me is I recently retired and ran out of things to do. I can see why younger women don't seem interested in the game. When I raised children, worked and traveled with my job, cleaned and cooked, oversaw the building of our house, landscaped the yard, etc., I didn't have much left for golf. Now I play golf and let Ole Gray clean the house and take me out to eat. :banana:

Seriously, getting lessons made the difference for me. I enjoy it so much more now that I have an idea of what to do and I even sometimes hit a good shot.

Thanks OEM. And hey, part of the "evaluation" process is seeing if she can make it through an entire weekend of me golfing.

She passed that with flying colors ;)

I am trying to get her to play btw. She actually has a great swing but she just won't get the bug. I keep threatening to buy her a set for Christmas and her response is a dark glare.

Hey Cmoors & for anyone who is trying to get your significant other to play - think like she does. SO... if your S.O. is a shoe-lover, go for getting her the coolest shoes you can find or that she thinks are fly. If she loves Hello Kitty (like me!), get her a Hello Kitty ball marker off ebay. If she loves pink, get her pink golf balls, pink tees, cool pink stuff. If she loves bags, get her an awesome shoe bag. Get the picture? Clothes do it for some women. Accessories do it for others. Some people like the idea of playing 18 and going to the spa together (the massage afterwards). I go through my phases of loving this game. I am NOT an equipment junkie, so new clubs are not that cool for me (blasphemy!). From the Outing, most of the women I talked with said, "Yeah, I tried a lot of stuff, but I like my stuff the best." It seemed like only one guy I talked to felt his bag was set - everyone else was equipment purchase pondering (including Mr. Blind 9). BUT, when I get a new Bella Crystal Ball Marker (super sparkley) or new headcover (just added Pebbles from the Flintstones), it makes me really excited about going out to play. I'm not a clothes horse, so that doesn't do it. But accessories? Forget about it. SO, don't get the clubs for her b/c she'll just as likely not appreciate them (and that will frustrate you).

OR, get something else that she loves and negotiate time to go to the range together. AND, don't give advice on her swing unless she asks. If she gets frustrated, just try to let her ride it out. When I get frustrated, I pick up my ball during 18 and just ride in the cart and appreciate nature. It's one of my favorite parts about golfing. I love seeing the wildlife. Some people might frown upon it, but to me golf it not worth getting upset about. I do it for fun and if I had a miserable time, that 4-6 hours is a huge sacrifice for a mom of 2 with a whole lot of housework and regular work to do.

Ok off my soap box, back to Outing talk...

Hey Cmoors & for anyone who is trying to get your significant other to play - think like she does. SO... if your S.O. is a shoe-lover, go for getting her the coolest shoes you can find or that she thinks are fly. If she loves Hello Kitty (like me!), get her a Hello Kitty ball marker off ebay. If she loves pink, get her pink golf balls, pink tees, cool pink stuff. If she loves bags, get her an awesome shoe bag. Get the picture? Clothes do it for some women. Accessories do it for others. Some people like the idea of playing 18 and going to the spa together (the massage afterwards). I go through my phases of loving this game. I am NOT an equipment junkie, so new clubs are not that cool for me (blasphemy!). From the Outing, most of the women I talked with said, "Yeah, I tried a lot of stuff, but I like my stuff the best." It seemed like only one guy I talked to felt his bag was set - everyone else was equipment purchase pondering (including Mr. Blind 9). BUT, when I get a new Bella Crystal Ball Marker (super sparkley) or new headcover (just added Pebbles from the Flintstones), it makes me really excited about going out to play. I'm not a clothes horse, so that doesn't do it. But accessories? Forget about it. SO, don't get the clubs for her b/c she'll just as likely not appreciate them (and that will frustrate you).

OR, get something else that she loves and negotiate time to go to the range together. AND, don't give advice on her swing unless she asks. If she gets frustrated, just try to let her ride it out. When I get frustrated, I pick up my ball during 18 and just ride in the cart and appreciate nature. It's one of my favorite parts about golfing. I love seeing the wildlife. Some people might frown upon it, but to me golf it not worth getting upset about. I do it for fun and if I had a miserable time, that 4-6 hours is a huge sacrifice for a mom of 2 with a whole lot of housework and regular work to do.

Ok off my soap box, back to Outing talk...

That aint happening in my house. Golf is my getaway.....I dont want my wife there. I know, it sounds bad. But, she has things she does and I have things I do. We also have things we do together. I just want it to stay that way....hehe

That aint happening in my house. Golf is my getaway.....I dont want my wife there. I know, it sounds bad. But, she has things she does and I have things I do. We also have things we do together. I just want it to stay that way....hehe

Same here Overton. She wants nothing to do with golf and I like it that way.

Same here Overton. She wants nothing to do with golf and I like it that way.

my wife hates golf, but she loves that I love it. Her and Tracy can hang out! hahaha

my wife hates golf, but she loves that I love it. Her and Tracy can hang out! hahaha

I think my gf hates golf and hates that I talk about it so much lol. I showed her the pictures thread and she just said "why is TC and Jeff Overton in so many of them" haha

I think my gf hates golf and hates that I talk about it so much lol. I showed her the pictures thread and she just said "why is TC and Jeff Overton in so many of them" haha

cause we are drunk

Back