2011 THP Outing Recap Thread

So when is everyone getting back on the course or driving range? I was pretty tired and still am actually so I wont be back out till this weekend. I did start back up with the Speed Sleeve last night. For about 10 swings before I got tired lol.

I've played everyday since! First round was monday at 3, then yesterday at 11, and today at 10! Everyday the score has gotten lower so I guess I need to play more. I shot an 88 today.

dude thats just craziness right there!
I've played everyday since! First round was monday at 3, then yesterday at 11, and today at 10! Everyday the score has gotten lower so I guess I need to play more. I shot an 88 today.

geez! that's impressive. Great playing too!

Guys, please remember that this is not a chat thread. Lets keep this to outing recaps so that others that might not have been in attendance can find out all about the THP Outings. Thanks.

Please?!?!?

Patty, great advice. I never thought of it that way, but I think you're absolutely right.

I bought her some tennis outfits and all of a sudden...she wanted to play more. You're a genius.

I was just telling my boss about the grilled cheese. Showed him the menu and he couldn't believe it. He wanted to fly down and get it right then and there. My only advice to him was to make sure he got served by Wider, because after all he is a legend in the food service industry.

We have a ton of video footage from the THP Dinner going up pretty soon. Waiting for the last two videos to upload. Despite bad lighting, it is awesome to relive that and the raffle.

The Bacos Challenge video has Wider in it and it makes me shudder just seeing him. It's surprising I even had a beer to drink during the challenge.

We have a ton of video footage from the THP Dinner going up pretty soon. Waiting for the last two videos to upload. Despite bad lighting, it is awesome to relive that and the raffle.

wish I could relive some of that food! I ate way too much but couldn't help it

I think that was some of the best pulled pork. Ever. I wish I had a picture of my plate so I could imagine how good it tasted.

So I've been meaning to also post my first impressions of people. One of the games Mr. Blind 9 and I played was who was who. I am on THP and know your screen names. He handles orders so he knows your real names. After we sweated it out at Demo Day for an hour, we went back up to check in and spent some time looking at the list of names of people who were playing. Mr. Blind 9 knew that G4L had ordered a funky config for his Mashie, but had no idea who Golf4Life was. I remembered that Yoccos ordered a Mashie "for his pops," and Mr. Blind 9 remembers him calling in to pay for it. For us it was really fun to match up the face to names, both real names and screen names. Mr. Blind 9 has different impressions of your sizes and looks b/c of what you all order. I have different impressions from what you guys post.

SO, who surprised me? I thought for sure AHA was older, with pepper grey hair. I knew that CL was not actually Chunky b/c he had ordered some clothes from us (so that wasn't a surprise). I thought Coolbreeze was going to be about 10 years older and slimmer (not sure why). I was surprised that Hanks looks just like that guy from the Drew Carey Show. I thought JB would look more like a Ken doll. I thought Ole Grey would be louder and that Uncle Daddy would be more subdued. I thought Clam Fist was going to be about 50 years old, with a crazy Tennessean drawl that I wouldn't be able to understand and that his wife would be too. I thought Fildini was going to be older (by about 15 years) and that 9I would be shorter (and not have such a deep voice!). I was also surprised at how many of you were married and how many of you had kids. Generally, I'd say the THPers were younger than I imagined. It's funny what impressions I get of people on-line.

Oh - and who didn't surprise me? I knew Jeff Overton the minute we walked onto the range. I saw some past pics, so I had already known what TC, P4B, and Biggsy looked like. I think there were a few others whose pics I had seen and already knew from afar.

Ok, back to work for me...

C'mon now, don't be hating!! :D

So many good memories here! It's hard to believe the Outing has come and gone again so quickly. Heading home tomorrow and we don't want to leave!!

Ha Ha. Patty thought I would be 15 years older. I did think Clam was going to be old though!

No one looked like what I expected, and everyone was a little younger than what I expected too. I figured there would be more people in their 40's.

No one looked like what I expected, and everyone was a little younger than what I expected too. I figured there would be more people in their 40's.

Last Time One-T thought I was going to be in my late 50's. Boy was he surprised

Gray just smiled somewhere.

everyone that I hadnt previously met just came up to me and said hey OneT, I was like, how the hell did you know. I guess I post enough vids for people to know me.

So when is everyone getting back on the course or driving range? I was pretty tired and still am actually so I wont be back out till this weekend. I did start back up with the Speed Sleeve last night. For about 10 swings before I got tired lol.

Next weekend for me. I need a break. I will hit the range this weekend and probably go to the practice putting green near my house one night this week

everyone that I hadnt previously met just came up to me and said hey OneT, I was like, how the hell did you know. I guess I post enough vids for people to know me.

B/c you look just like Overton! At first, Mr. Blind 9 didn't think so - I called you Jeff Overton the first time were walking up to the driving range and Mr. Blind 9 said, "HUH?" Then he looked a little more and thought you look JUST like him. Kind of can't miss ya.

B/c you look just like Overton! At first, Mr. Blind 9 didn't think so - I called you Jeff Overton the first time were walking up to the driving range and Mr. Blind 9 said, "HUH?" Then he looked a little more and thought you look JUST like him. Kind of can't miss ya.

hahahaha....very good point!

I guess most folks thought I was going to be older because my posts are so mature. Lol

Lol. Dude, this just cracked me up. Definitely one of the funniest people there.

I guess most folks thought I was going to be older because my posts are so mature. Lol

Gray just smiled somewhere.

Yep,,,, I thought there would have been more of them old rascals myself :D. It's amazing how young and frisky everyone looked :thumb:

I just pictured an internet golfer haha

Been busy with work since getting back home from the outing but finally able to give a recap of one of the best weekends ever!

Spank and I get in Friday morning and the resort is beautiful but not as gorgeous as seeing all the clubs to hit at Demo Day! Don't forget to check the review threads since I saw everyone take a lot of notes! It took a while to figure out there was a bunker in play during the 75 yard driver contest and I still dropped 2 of my 3 in there! The fun continued in the afternoon, especially after moving over to the practice green where we tore it up - literally... there is a section of rough by that practice green that is no longer rough after the pitching contest. JB did an outstanding early 80's Ozzie Smith impression eating up short pitches and shagging those that were hit waaaaayyyyy too hard. The afternoon wrapped up with the putting contest won by yours truly with a putt that I will flat out admit was more lucky than good... anyone of my playing partners from Saturday/Sunday can attest to that!

The dinner was a great cap to the day with some great food and great people! JB awarded me with my putting contest prize - a limited edition Never Compromise Gambler putter that is downright sexy - to an arousing chant of "Spank's friend!" Then after Spank endearingly tells me to "suck on that Gambler" he wins a ridiculous Bettinardi putter that is the envy of putter-collectors everywhere. By far, however, the best part of that evening was seeing the appreciation that THP members have for each other including JB, GG, and the staffers as well as the friendships flowing throughout the room and I was felt welcomed by all who were present.

Saturday AM - Rounds get underway as THP takes over the Squire! I'm grouped with Spank, DakotaGolfer, and cmoors and even though we had a hell of time getting around on this challenging course (me especially) we have plenty of fun! Two drink carts on the first hole before we even tee off and none again for another eight holes... the thirst alone had us hysterical! DakotaGolfer is a cool cat... his tunes had me smiling and bouncing even though I was spraying balls all over the place. Spank falling in love with those RAZR X Tours... and cmoors getting in going on the back nine (still don't know how you stuck that second on 13!)

Saturday PM - The afternoon play is just as entertaining as the morning as we get on the Champions course for the THP Scramble. This time I'm playing with uncledaddy, OEM, and biggsy and I can honestly say I've never enjoyed a scramble more than with this group! Biggsy busting it up with the driver, OEM with the consistent iron play, and uncledaddy bringing us home with the flat stick! I didn't think that my jaw could drop any further when biggsy blasted a drive that cut the corner on the par 5 10th and left us with 180 yards to the pin! Then he puts one on the green and gives us a chance for eagle! Then uncledaddy shows us why we should be drinking sweet teas while playing a round by sinking the 50-foot putt for eagle! The highlight of my day was sticking my tee shot on 15 (first of the bear trap) to within 5 feet! Led to another birdie for the team!

Having the THP'ers who finished up waiting on 18 was unbelieveable! We felt like we were playing out on the tour with every cheer and "awwww" from the "gallery!" And after three close putts from uncledaddy, OEM and myself, biggsy steps up and drains the putt to take us to -9 and a tie for the lead! And the celebration continues as P4B leads the rest of the THP'ers in congratulating us! We wait for the rest of the groups to come in and report their scores and congratulate them on finishing up their rounds as well. And with the last group comes Team Bushwood and the crazy cotton shirts, rolling into the green at -9 with a putt for birdie from 18 feet away. Three close attempts and the resounding "Ohhhhhh's" to go with them... then TC steps up to his putt and drains it for the win! And the crowd goes wild! A truly unforgettable experience!

Sunday AM - This time I'm grouped with Yorkem (Yorkem's friend's friend) and Fildini's friend, Jon, as we take on the Champions course yet again. This round sees my game as no different with me spraying balls right with my slice or catching them fat and left. Yorkem has a nice front nine and then the Terra Cotta King in him takes over as he starts smacking down roofs on the back nine but still shoots an outstanding 97! Jon is just an animal as he tears up the course with an amazing 84 including an eagle chance on 18! I made sure to ask him if he's telling the truth that he's never played this course before! The highlight of my day once again came on the par 3 15th... I tell Yorkem and Jon that I knocked it to within 5 feet the day before... then step up and knock today's tee shot to within 4 feet! Take that, Bear Trap! Well, 15 anyways... 16 and 17 were a different story...

I'm a recent member to THP and not as active as I'd like to be due to other time constraints in my life but I'll never forget the memories from this weekend's THP outing, the new friends I've made from this outing, and the fun that I'll have to look forward to for next year's outing! If you are hesitant on whether to go or not, I'm telling you that you had better go! The fun you'll have, the people you'll meet, and the memories you take will last a lifetime! Just make sure to save me a spot!

Many thanks again to JB, GolferGal, and all the rest of the THP'ers that made this weekend so much fun!

Back