Exercise ball for an office chair

CraftyLefty

Reaction score
Handicap
Driver
This is really random. Has anybody used an exercise ball for an office chair?

I'm trying to get my core back in shape and if I can do it while working I'm going to give it a go. I won't be able to justify the expense of a treadmill-desk but I can pony up the cash for an exercise ball.

Is this a completely weird and stupid idea?

I'm trying to get my core back in shape and if I can do it while working I'm going to give it a go. I won't be able to justify the expense of a treadmill-desk but I can pony up the cash for an exercise ball.

there is a chic in my office that does that. I guess it works, I have never felt to see if it does.

I do it at home all the time. It works. Plus, you can do a few little easy exercises while you do whatever it is that you're doing.

Yep, I do. Hate regular chairs. Had a microdiscectomy a few years back and have used one ever since. Even when I was in an office, I used it. Work at home now but sit on one for basically 10 hours straight every day and absolutely love it...on it right now!

I get sore from 30 minutes in a regular fold up chair or on a bench in a stadium, etc so this is a must for me.

I use one as well, espcially when I'm at the beginning of a project/network design or near the end tying up all the details. It lets me fidget without bothering people.

The downside is when something goes really, really badly the temptation to kick it is high...

there is a chic in my office that does that. I guess it works, I have never felt to see if it does.

I just read that completely wrong...

Or did I?...:alien:

I use one as well, espcially when I'm at the beginning of a project/network design or near the end tying up all the details. It lets me fidget without bothering people.

The downside is when something goes really, really badly the temptation to kick it is high...

I always want to juggle it. I'm like that with everything though. My buddies have to put any sort of ball away before I come over to their houses, because I just instantly start messing around with them. I can't help it.

I'm reminded of the Office episode where Dwight brings one of these into the office and Jim pops it with a scissor haha. I can imagine that it would do wonders for the core but I dont think I'd be able to focus bouncing around on one of these.

I always want to juggle it. I'm like that with everything though. My buddies have to put any sort of ball away before I come over to their houses, because I just instantly start messing around with them. I can't help it.

I can see it now...

" Come one, come all to the THP Outing 2012. Here you will see the legendary Face Eater juggling flaming golf balls for your viewing pleasure. Step right up now, don't be shy, and get a picture with this THP celebrity..."

I can see it now...

" Come one, come all to the THP Outing 2012. Here you will see the legendary Face Eater juggling flaming golf balls for your viewing pleasure. Step right up now, don't be shy, and get a picture with this THP celebrity..."

Hahahaha. I'll be at the outing for sure and with the new team competition part of it there will definitely be some face eating going on. I can't juggle the golf balls that well though, maybe 5-10 volleys and I'm stoked.

Thanks for the feedback fellas. I will definitely be avoiding the rubber orb fetish guy!

Haha! I feel like this would be a problem for me as well :D

Not at all I'm on one now in my home office :D

I used an exercise ball for a long time as a computer chair at home. Would spend a couple of hours at a time at the computer on it. It really helps the abs. I also had a regular chair for the times I was too tired to sit straight. But... with two kids who kept playing with the ball, I got rid of it and now just have a regular chair.

I've always been intrigued by these, but unfortunately I'd never be able to use one as a chair where I work due to getting it into the building and then the people around here leaving it alone. Hell just about anything would be better than the chair out of the 1980s that I have at my desk right now.

I have both a chair and a Exercise ball at my desk, most days I use the ball, but if I'm tired or like now have blown ear drums, I sit in the chair.

Over 40 people at my office use one. I switch on a daily basis and try to sit more and more on it.

I dunno, just doesn't seem professional to me...

images

Well it's day 1 of exercise ball as an office chair. I have to say I'm liking it. The muscles in my back are getting tired and I've knocked out a couple sets of crunches when I've lost focus @ my desk. So far, management seems OK with it.

We're a small agency and a couple of my co-workers are interested in using a ball. Our secretary has been told that she needs to talk to her super prior to using one though. Our executive director isn't sure how professional it is to use a ball as a chair.

I would recommend it though. It's kind of nice.

I've got a pinched nerve between L5 & S1 and I use a ball at my desk everyday for at least a few hours and it helps....but only a little.

Back