Shaft Torque Question

No_Three_Jacks

Amateur around scratch
Reaction score
Handicap
My swing speed it 113 to 117mph and ball speed is 157 to 170 mph.

What torque would yall suggest I look for in a driver shaft??

I wouldn't look at torque as much more then a general indicator. Every company measures torque differently much as 250cpm is a stiff to some and a firm to others. If we're talking from a research perspective I would start looking in the 2.5 to 3.5 range as that's where you'll find the low launch, low spin shafts that you are likely to need.

Are you finding the Rombax 6Z08 launching to high on you or with too much spin?

Edit: Is changing the head in consideration as well?

I wouldn't look at torque as much more then a general indicator. Every company measures torque differently much as 250cpm is a stiff to some and a firm to others. If we're talking from a research perspective I would start looking in the 2.5 to 3.5 range as that's where you'll find the low launch, low spin shafts that you are likely to need.

Are you finding the Rombax 6Z08 launching to high on you or with too much spin?

Edit: Is changing the head in consideration as well?

I'm considering changing to the Burner 2.0 and since the head is lighter than the FT-iz head i can afford to beef up the shaft without changing the over driver weight that im use to.
I was looking at the Oban Devotion 7 but it has a 3.5 torque which puzzles me because that is a high torque for the rest of the shafts specs. And I was looking at the Rombax 7Z08, or a Graphite Design Throttle.

I'm considering changing to the Burner 2.0 and since the head is lighter than the FT-iz head i can afford to beef up the shaft without changing the over driver weight that im use to.
I was looking at the Oban Devotion 7 but it has a 3.5 torque which puzzles me because that is a high torque for the rest of the shafts specs. And I was looking at the Rombax 7Z08, or a Graphite Design Throttle.

If you're launching high with too much spin that head is only going to make it worse. The head has the most impact on launch and spin and the 2.0 wants to get the ball up and keep it there. If you're trying to counter act that a bit then a Throttle, 7Z08, V2, Ahina, Oban V430, Kusala Black or TPHD are going to be your best bets.

Throttle is meant for long drive drivers so unless you're looking at 47" or so, I'm not sure it would be the best choice. The rest would all do great though. You'll probably have to beef up the shaft weight with the head being so light and to account for your SS.

If you're launching high with too much spin that head is only going to make it worse. The head has the most impact on launch and spin and the 2.0 wants to get the ball up and keep it there. If you're trying to counter act that a bit then a Throttle, 7Z08, V2, Ahina, Oban V430, Kusala Black or TPHD are going to be your best bets.

Throttle is meant for long drive drivers so unless you're looking at 47" or so, I'm not sure it would be the best choice. The rest would all do great though. You'll probably have to beef up the shaft weight with the head being so light and to account for your SS.

Is the burner 2.0 really that much higher launching than the FT-iz?

Is the burner 2.0 really that much higher launching than the FT-iz?

Also remember, I dont care about too high of a launch provided the spin isnt too high

Back