Srixon Z-Star Driver

I don't think I hit enough shots with this driver. I was a little tired at that point but I was a little underwhelmed if I'm being honest. I think JB got into my head that I should be playing a regular flex and so I was going back and forth between the Z-Star in stiff and the Razr with the regular flex. I was digging the Razr more.

I don't think I hit enough shots with this driver. I was a little tired at that point but I was a little underwhelmed if I'm being honest. I think JB got into my head that I should be playing a regular flex and so I was going back and forth between the Z-Star in stiff and the Razr with the regular flex. I was digging the Razr more.

come on now Bubba Watson you dont play no Reg flex, give me a break lol, being serious though did you hit the Reg better than a stiff?

come on now Bubba Watson you dont play no Reg flex, give me a break lol, being serious though did you hit the Reg better than a stiff?

Yeah I think I did. I have a pretty smooth swing so as long as I remember not to try and kill it the regular was giving me more distance and really good dispersion. Now I am not being fair to the Srixon as I was using that with a stiff so distance wise it was going to lose to the Cally. This was definitely a nice feeling driver but I just don't think it was one of my top drivers of the demo day

Yeah I think I did. I have a pretty smooth swing so as long as I remember not to try and kill it the regular was giving me more distance and really good dispersion. Now I am not being fair to the Srixon as I was using that with a stiff so distance wise it was going to lose to the Cally. This was definitely a nice feeling driver but I just don't think it was one of my top drivers of the demo day

Gotcha, i dont think im smooth enough for a Reg flex, everytime i have ever hit one it gives me nothing but major hooks and sky high ball flight. If it was giving you better dispersion and more distance i would be hunting down a Reg flex shaft for that 910.

Nothing wrong with liking the Razr Hawk Chunky. This driver has received a lot of hype and sometimes that can make anything disappointing.

No shame there. The Razr Hawk is a great head, too. It was only one or two down my list when I tried everything and settled on the Z-Star. It won't be right for everyone.

Have you guys found that you were consistently longer with the Z-Star? Maybe I am just playing a driver that finally gives me great numbers, but I have been hitting the ball consistently longer than with any other driver I have tried.

Have you guys found that you were consistently longer with the Z-Star? Maybe I am just playing a driver that finally gives me great numbers, but I have been hitting the ball consistently longer than with any other driver I have tried.

I am not sure about consistently longer in my case....but I am consistently decent length and very straight. Only had it out for 2 range sessions and 1 round since getting the weighting and head configuration to my liking but am dead straight and carrying 230'ish.

Previous to this I was playing the Diablo Edge driver and could occasionally carry it 250-255 and straight but most of the time was 230 and right. Not sure that I have caught one yet with the Z-Star that would be considered a 250 plus carry or not.

The consistency I have with this thing is amazing and I think the distance will only improve the more I get used to it.

for me I've been a driver hoe trying to fix a driver to my swing LOL
but i've been averaging 240ish total with the Z-Star and straight and previously when straight I was in the 210ish range. Yesterday the wife and I played 9 and I averaged 250 on my 5 drives.

Yes and No lol, when i hit it perfect it is the longest i have hit yet but when i dont hit it perfect its around the same as the others i have hit besides the R11, the R11 just went no where for me on misshits towards the end of me owning it, i would say the Zstar is 20 yards longer than the R11 on misshits.

Still waiting on mine....:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Had a great day in my league scramble today. I put a drive on a par 4 right beside the green (it was 285 to the center). We missed the eagle putt from the fringe. I also had a 300 yard bomb (decent wind at my back) on the 18th. Also cut a corner over some trees on a elevated tee box. I must say that this was the best driving day I have ever had. I just had to swing smooth with what felt like 80 percent. I love this driver!

TapaTalk: More addictive than crack and World of Warcraft.

Had a great day in my league scramble today. I put a drive on a par 4 right beside the green (it was 285 to the center). We missed the eagle putt from the fringe. I also had a 300 yard bomb (decent wind at my back) on the 18th. Also cut a corner over some trees on a elevated tee box. I must say that this was the best driving day I have ever had. I just had to swing smooth with what felt like 80 percent. I love this driver!

Thats awesome SethO! Those are some long drives. Thats saying something right there, best driver day you have ever had.

Consistently longer? No. Consistently consistent? Yes. The longest driver I've ever played was the old Titleist 975D - at the time I was just killing it and have never hit my drives longer than back then - of course, I was 18-20 years old then, taking lots of lessons, playing all the time, practicing when I wasn't playing... But since then I would say the Z-Star is as good for distance as anything else I've owned or demoed, and beats them all hands down for consistency, accuracy, and forgiveness (all of which are more important to me these days).

When I tag the ZStar in the sweet spot with a good swing it gives me as much distance as anything else I've hit, but where it really shines for me is that it doesn't lose nearly as much on slight mis-hits as my previous clubs. My last driver would lose 15-20 yards if slightly off the heel or toe. The ZStar loses maybe 5-10 yards most of the time and is very, very good about keeping it on-line. I have to put an absolutely horrible swing on this to miss a fairway with the ZStar. My old duck hook has almost disappeared completely (though now I do sometimes put a huge block fade on it when I get stuck inside). In my round earlier this week I think every drive was landing around 230-235 on the fly. Wasn't getting a ton of roll most of the time, but I did get one out to 245, which is pretty good for me. My older driver was averaging closer to the 220-225 range, so my average drive is definitely longer, though my best drives with the old drivers would be in the same range. I'll take that consistency any day of the week.

Awesome day. No power in the 'verse can stop you! :)

I went into the store wanting to buy this driver after reading the reviews. It was definitely more consistent for me and a bit longer. The spin was still higher than I would like. The fitter put the Cleveland 310 in my hands (I had previously swung the 270 and 290 and didn't really like them) and I was killing it. Walked out with the 310 which felt more consistent with my mashies and Cleveland FW. Cleveland/Srixon have really put out some fantastic product this past year.

Congrats Seth; Miyazaki shaft is the common denominator...good stuff!!

Sent from my Tapatalk!

Wow! That is some sick distance

Thanks guys! I am finally getting my driver swing in the slot with a square driver face. I have an 11-12 degree launch with the 9 degree face 7g heel and 3g back weight. No ballooning for me. I have to be smooth with my swing since I am playing a 61 stiff Dromos. Tempo is everything with this setup for me.

Awesome day. No power in the 'verse can stop you! :)

Shiny! You are getting rep when I get to a real computer!

Thanks guys! I am finally getting my driver swing in the slot with a square driver face. I have an 11-12 degree launch with the 9 degree face 7g heel and 3g back weight. No ballooning for me. I have to be smooth with my swing since I am playing a 61 stiff Dromos. Tempo is everything with this setup for me.

Thats great SethO, thats the exact same setup im using with the weights. However i do have some HORRIBLE news about my Driver, i was just cleaning it and found a DENT on the toe right next to where it says Srixon, i have no clue how it got there, i have never shanked a ball off the bottom of a driver, my headcover stays on 24/7 and only comes off when im teeing off. Its just gut wrenching knowing my brand new Zstar is now tainted like a $2 h***** lol. The only good thing i can think of is its not visible at address and you have to be looking at the drivers sole to see it, its not huge but its there.

Making it's way to NJ...

Date/Time Activity Location Details
May 28, 2011 12:46 AM In transit BLOOMINGTON, CA
May 27, 2011 11:53 PM Left FedEx origin facility ANAHEIM, CA
May 27, 2011 10:23 PM Arrived at FedEx location ANAHEIM, CA
May 27, 2011 6:03 PM Picked up ANAHEIM, CA
May 26, 2011 6:10 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Thats great SethO, thats the exact same setup im using with the weights. However i do have some HORRIBLE news about my Driver, i was just cleaning it and found a DENT on the toe right next to where it says Srixon, i have no clue how it got there, i have never shanked a ball off the bottom of a driver, my headcover stays on 24/7 and only comes off when im teeing off. Its just gut wrenching knowing my brand new Zstar is now tainted like a $2 h***** lol. The only good thing i can think of is its not visible at address and you have to be looking at the drivers sole to see it, its not huge but its there.
OUCH sad news 10yard. Prob going to be tough NOT thinking about that dent even if you can't see it. Wonder how that happened?

OUCH sad news 10yard. Prob going to be tough NOT thinking about that dent even if you can't see it. Wonder how that happened?

well i have even worse news, i went out and played 9 after i cleaned my driver and noticed the dent, the dent is 10x worse now, i have never hit a ball that far off the face and i know it hasnt been hit by anything, the paint is still perfect where the dent is, its almost like the toe side of the driver is collapsing and caving in at that area, my miss is a little high and towards the toe but i have never completely missed the face and hit where it says srixon, i mean look at your driver and look at where it says srixon on the toe how far away from the face it is, is it even possible for somebody to hit a ball on that spot? I have contacted patty and sent her pics, i actually just got a email back from dennis saying this should be covered under warranty and he will talk to srixon on tuesday to get this sorted out, he said thats one serious dent lol, i just feel sick over this. If its not covered i dont know what i will do, i dont have a extra 300+ sitting around to buy a new driver and would hate to have to sell my brand new Leupold GX-4 i just got to replace my driver.

Hope it all works out 10yarddraw! I know I would be sick to myself if that happened to me.

Hope it all works out 10yarddraw! I know I would be sick to myself if that happened to me.

i hope so too, now it would be different if i dropped the driver or shanked a ball or something but nothing happened, im a honest person and if it was my fault i wouldnt of even bothered contacting Patty and Dennis. Heck when i had the R11 taylormade sent me 2 on accident and didnt even know it, i called and shipped the 2nd one back. I have just had horrible luck this year with drivers, something in the head of my first R11 broke, now this, i just dont get it.

Back