I'm going to be so impatient for the next 3 weeks.

timmyak

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
So today I went in and placed an open order for my new irons. Gonna get the Nike VR Pro Combos. So by open order what I had to do was pay for them by the 30th in order to get the trade in bonus from Nike. I got over $270 on trade for my irons and three old wedges. Now within the next few days I have to go in to finish up my fitting when the top fitter is available and I am as well.

This weekend is hectic for me as me and my wife are renewing our vows and having a huge reception. Last April we had a little wedding with just immediate family. The fitter is off tomorrow and I am golfing Friday morning. So that makes Sunday the soonest I can do it when everyone has left. It then takes 2-3 weeks for the order to be complete. So with that and waiting for my new bag i'm antsy as hell, but I know the wait will be so worth it.

Congrats, I know the time will seem like it is crawling by, but you can spend more time on THP while you wait to help pass it by.

would love to hear your review on them, was interested it them but I'm a taylormade guy and love the burner line.

Nice grab timmy.. let us know how you like em! I know the wait is especially killer, not so bad in the off-season but during the golf season its brutal.

Nice grab timmy.. let us know how you like em! I know the wait is especially killer, not so bad in the off-season but during the golf season its brutal.

I wish I had ordered it all in the off season! I will definitely give a full review per the first couple rounds once I get them. Just from hitting them on the range I can tell you that these things produce such a penetrating ball flight with range balls I can't wait to see what it does with a real ball. With these i'm only going to have to worry about where I want to put the ball and not if i'm going to hit it right.

Good choice, I have been looking at those for a while. I am still hitting MP32s and beginning to think I need something else myself.

awwww you are going to be lit up like a Christmas tree when that box arrives at home! Enjoy your new sticks timmy :thumb:

Congrats on the new irons, I know the wait will be long but worth it

Congrats on the new irons!! How exciting!

So today I went in and placed an open order for my new irons. Gonna get the Nike VR Pro Combos. So by open order what I had to do was pay for them by the 30th in order to get the trade in bonus from Nike. I got over $270 on trade for my irons and three old wedges. Now within the next few days I have to go in to finish up my fitting when the top fitter is available and I am as well.

This weekend is hectic for me as me and my wife are renewing our vows and having a huge reception. Last April we had a little wedding with just immediate family. The fitter is off tomorrow and I am golfing Friday morning. So that makes Sunday the soonest I can do it when everyone has left. It then takes 2-3 weeks for the order to be complete. So with that and waiting for my new bag i'm antsy as hell, but I know the wait will be so worth it.

The wait will make it all the better when they arrive. It is for this reason I do all of my changing late in the season or over the winter. Still have to wait though. Just hate waiting during the season.

Just buy some more Kentwool or Travis Mathew to pass the time... :D

Look forward to seeing what you say about these as I fancy getting myself a set aswell

Just buy some more Kentwool or Travis Mathew to pass the time... :D

LOL I already did. Finished my fitting today so the order is in. Now the wait begins. I need this weather to get warmer too so I can get my game under control. Played on Friday and I went from lose and warm to cold and tight after 6 holes when the temp dropped.

If you traded in your old irons then what are you gaming until the VR's come in?

If you traded in your old irons then what are you gaming until the VR's come in?

I don't need to give them my irons until the new ones come in.

Irons came in today so i'm gonna pick them up tomorrow at lunch time. Sunday is the day I can play as long as the weather holds up. Reviews to come folks!

(I'm gonna order my hybrid tomorrow too.)

Irons came in today so i'm gonna pick them up tomorrow at lunch time. Sunday is the day I can play as long as the weather holds up. Reviews to come folks!

(I'm gonna order my hybrid tomorrow too.)
That went by fast Tim! Have fun!

They look sweet, I need to sweet talk the wife
Enjoy your new sticks

Alright so I was finally able to get in some good time with the new sticks tonight at the range. After warming up I went straight to the 6 iron which is what i was fitted with. The ball just flies off the face with very little reverb in the shaft. The ball flight is around the same as my Mizunos, but the ball stays in flight longer. I then moved on to my 3 iron. You can't even feel the ball off the face. The pocket makes the impact so soft and so easy to hit. Then I moved on to my 9 iron and PW. These feel just like blades. Hit it crisp it feels good. Hit it thin it's a stinger.

I'm gonna love these irons. Only thing I may do is have them bent stronger though to take down the flight a bit and hit them longer.

Back