What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an 82 today in the blitz, fairly bad day putting, had 2 3 putts and used 33 putts overall. Hit 11 of 14 fairways but only hit 9 GIR, thankfully I had 2 birdies or it could have been worse. The 4 doubles were really not very characteristic on my home course, at a different course to my regular one not so uncharacteristic, so they really hurt.

yesterday i played 9 after work... best ball striking ever... everrrrrr
shot 2 over for a 38 and shoulda been way lower if ony 3 putts woulda made one more rotation
i hit every fw but 1 and i didnt even consider that a real miss since it was barely off the fw
i hit every green but 2 and those were just off the green
one 3 putt and 4 one putts
1 birdie that shoulda been an eagle and way too many tap in par putts that shoulda been birdies

today was the absolute opposite... i didnt hit one good shot at all today
42/39
i was swinging so bad my driver was taking divots
i had some kinda weird outside in sweeping type cut shot
luckily i just compensated for that miss by the time i made the turn and somewhat salvaged the back 9
it also didnt help that there was a microburst t-storm yesterday afternoon that littered the course with debris and the maintenance guys hadnt cleared it all by the time i teed off and i was playing thru leaves and branches and downed trees lol

44-42 = 86. Only hit 5/14 fairways, which isn't a good thing. I've got to keep the "others" (double bogey or worse for me) off my scorecard and I'll get close to breaking 80 soon.

Shot 37. Had 5 pars, 3 bogeys, and 1 birdie. Ball striking and driving are really shaping up, hit the ball really well. Hopefully I can continue to play this way.

Shot 78 (37,41) today! Best round of the year, kind of. I've been playing from the gold lately and decided I better move up to the red in preparation for our club championship in a few weeks. I shot 81 from the gold the last time out and 78 from the red today. The 81 gave me a 9.9 and the 78 gave me an 11 handicap when I entered the scores in GHIN. In comparison, I entered a 91 from the Champion's course and it gave me a 16. If only I knew how to play better out of the bunkers! I will figure it out before the summer is over. My irons were good today!! It's about time.

12 pars
1 birdie
with some ugly stuff thrown in including one stroke & distance penalty for going out of bounds and two 3 putts

Nice round KellyBo, I don't see anyone beating you in the Championship if you play your game.

Nice round KellyBo, I don't see anyone beating you in the Championship if you play your game.

Thanks DD! Unfortunately there are not many women at our course who play in the championship and we only have a handicap winner. I will have to play better than my handicap to have a chance!

Some awesome rounds being reported today; sounds like golf games are shaping up well. Great job all!!

Nice round Kellybo! Good luck with your championship I know you will do well. I shot an 88 earlier today, my iron striking has been awfull so far this year. So after I got back home it just kept eating at me so I swapped my irons out with my old ones and went off to play 9. I shot a 39 with my old irons and hit everything where I aimed for the most part. The old sticks are bertha fusions and are about a club shorter than my burner 2.0's but man I'm way more accurate with them. The 2.0's are in timeout for a while.

Yesterday I played a course I play 1 or 2 times a year and it played pretty tough. The greens were hard as a rock and super bumpy. My short game was off as I didn't get the check I'm used to on chips and pitches.

I shot 42(+7), 37(+1) for a 79. I didn't play good or bad, just mediocre.

I just re-shafted my driver and I think I like the feel but I would have preferred it's first round to be at my home course. I hit some good drives, but need some time with it to really get comfortable.

Finally broke through tonight, in league, on the course I've been playing for 18 years now. First round was a 50, last week around 52 (still don't know and don't want to) but shot a 42, with every driver being a pop-up of about 150 yards. Scrambled for some pars and bogies, with much thanks to Da Mashie.

42, nice!

45-48=93 Had 5 doubles and a quad, what a nasty afternoon playing. Bad thing is the course was very short, but very narrow. Had to be precise and I had a nasty hook going on today. Had a few good holes, when I did hit the fairway it was between 70 and 120 to the pin. Going back out tomorrow to play with (hopefully) my future employers.

97/41 I was even missing the two footers today, 3 of them I think. Got one birdie and saw coyote pups playing in the fairways so that was cool.

81. One guy under par. Only 3 off the cut. This course is so difficult it's mindboggling.

I brought it big, for me, at league last night. My mid iron's were acting up and the driver was so so, but timely putts and some great short iron's kept me in the game. 42 for my pre-round with no warm up, in fact I just got off the road from work still in my slacks and work shoes, lol. Ran to the box and met my buddies just in time. First couple holes sucked, but I reeled it in pretty quickly and by the time league started I was off.

Shotgun start off #9 hole, I stuck my 6i against the wind 155yds to 8", uphill putt for bird, yeah! From there it was up and down, but made the round with a 39 to win the match!

43-47=90 Back 9 got me today but I did hole out from a bunker for birdie. That was sweet! My wife is starting to get annoyed with all the golf I have been playing. Another round tomorrow morning and one probably on Monday.

Played with Cats in "Mens Night" at our club. It goes on every thursday for some prizes and weekly standings. We shot 32 (-4) Net best ball to nab 4th out of about 30 teams. We didn't birdie any par 5's though which was a bummer. He basically carried us but I will be saving up my gift certs from each week to buy something nice at the end of the year.

44-43 at Indian Creek, the slope was 127. They had a lot of rain yesterday and last night and there was also a lot of wind damage. Lots of debris everywhere and even large trees down. I did not hit the ball particularly well in any aspect of the game. I did manage to keep it to only one 3 putt though while using 33 putts, and that was a small victory on the bent grass greens. I played with fellow THPer SethO and had an absolute blast, it was a fun day for sure.

Shot a horrid 89. Played bent greens though and I loved that.

DawgDaddy was a blast to play with. We were both hacking it up out there, but that was alright because the company was awesome! He had a chip in and knocked the pin with a chip as well. Great on the short game!

TapaTalk: More addictive than crack and World of Warcraft.

SethO, check out the best shot of your round thread, you will like it.

SethO, check out the best shot of your round thread, you will like it.

Sweet! I edited my above earlier post as well. You definitely had the shot of the round.

TapaTalk: More addictive than crack and World of Warcraft.

shizzanked my way to a 42
i usually mark my ball with a dollar sign next to the number $1 $2 etc
i actually have a dollar sign on the hosel of my 5i lol
not a good round at all

I shot an 84 today which was really good considering how I played in Florida at West Palm Beach. I shot 94 , 100+ on the Squire course, & 96 on the Champions course. It's amazing how much better you shoot on your home layout. I putted the best I have in some time and kept my driver in play. Only had three 3- putts which is strong for me. I actually had several one putts today and my total putt count was 31! You would think I would have shot much better putting that well however I am thrilled with the 84.

Shot a well deserved 81 from the tips at TPC Sawgrass. 41 on the front and 40 on the back with a 6 on 16, 4 on 17(one bounce and in off the bcd of the island green and par on 18 (driver 9irene) had a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back