HP Byron Nelson Championship [Spoilers]

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Well the boys move down I30 towards TPC Four Seasons Las Colinas, should be a very interesting week. I hope my team can go low:

Dustin Johnson
Charlie Wi
Nick Watney
Brian Gay
K.J. Choi
Matt Kuchar
Rory Sabbatini
Brian Davis
Jason Day
John Senden

It's another great tournament this week honoring a golfing great in Lord Byron, can't wait to watch!

I have the oddest team this week. I really went outside my comfort zone but maybe that will end up working to my benefit.

I need to remember to pick a team this week!

Well the boys move down I30 towards TPC Four Seasons Las Colinas, should be a very interesting week. I hope my team can go low:

Dustin Johnson
Charlie Wi
Nick Watney
Brian Gay
K.J. Choi
Matt Kuchar
Rory Sabbatini
Brian Davis
Jason Day
John Senden

It's another great tournament this week honoring a golfing great in Lord Byron, can't wait to watch!
There will be a TON of teams that look pretty much exactly like this. I still haven't decided which way I'm going with mine.

GG going outside the box, makes me kind of think I should go with the solid popular picks. :D

There will be a TON of teams that look pretty much exactly like this. I still haven't decided which way I'm going with mine.

GG going outside the box, makes me kind of think I should go with the solid popular picks. :D

That is probably a good idea. My team is all over the place!

Just submitted mine. I went with a pretty standard team, just one sleeper.
It's only Tuesday though, plenty of time to change my mind. :thinking:

I'm in went alittle bit in every direction want to be different. haha.

After coming in dead last last week, I really don't care anymore. I'm tired of picking teams that suck. I might as well pick Tiger Woods 10 times.

Wait, he doesn't play golf any more.

Dustin Johnson
Charlie Wi
Nick Watney
Brian Gay
K.J. Choi
Matt Kuchar
Rory Sabbatini
Brian Davis
Jason Day
John Senden

I submitted my team yesterday and I have 7 of those guys myself. I hope you do well. :D

Just submitted mine. I went with a pretty standard team, just one sleeper.
It's only Tuesday though, plenty of time to change my mind. :thinking:
And that I did! Now going with an even split of favorites/sleepers.

Last year was Jordan Spieths little show, I hope he does that again.

Agreed - that was awesome! Says he has put on 15-20 pounds and yards to his drive. Hoping he does even better this year!!

Sent from my Tapatalk!

Massive storms swept thru DFW last night. I actually saw cloud rotation about 1/4 mile from my house at one point. The siren's sounded about 30 seconds after I told my family to get into the closet. Largest piece of hail in our yard was about 1.5" across. We got lucky and only got the edge of the hailstorm. A co-worker got his chimney torn off. And, I saw at least one business whose roof was in the parking lot.

The course for the Nelson got hammered also.
Byron Nelson Hail Damage

IRVING, Texas — Despite hail damage Tuesday night that left maintenance crews scrambling to repair the greens prior to Wednesday’s pro-am, tournament officials still expect the HP Byron Nelson Championship to start on time for Thursday’s first round.
PGA TOUR vice-president of rules and competition Slugger White said Wednesday that hail "half the size of a baseball" beat up the greens, which were pockmarked with ballmark-like indentions.

hail1.jpg

"It was a mess," White said. "I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anything like it."
Defending champion Jason Day said after playing his pro-am round Wednesday that “it looks like 5,000 guys hit 5,000 balls into the greens.”
White and his team will reassess the course after the pro-am ends Wednesday. More maintenance may be required. White said the greens will likely be watered again to make them receptive to the roller that will smooth out the surfaces.
"I don’t know," White said when asked what shape the greens will be in going into Thursday. "We’ll see a little more tonight after we get maintenance on them again."
White is also hoping that the winds will pick up throughout the day to help dry out the course.
Day said the greens were “rolling pretty good” during his pro-am round. Dustin Johnson said the greens were fine. “I didn’t notice any severe damage to any of the greens and they were rolling pretty good out there today,” added Johnson.
Gary Woodland noticed the damage, especially to the greens closer to the clubhouse.
“The farther you get away from the clubhouse, they’re actually better, not as much hail,” Woodland said. “But the holes around the clubhouse, the damage is significant. It’s like a bunch of ball marks.
“. . . It’s unfortunate but they rolled ‘em this morning and I think it got a lot out of it. Hopefully by the end of the week you won’t notice it.”
Although there was lots of debris — mostly leaves and branches — on the course, no trees fell and no other substantial damage was done. The bunkers, however, were completely washed out, which also required maintenance work to get them back in shape.
Nearly 1-1/2 inches of rain fell Tuesday night in addition to the hail. There were also reports of tornadoes in the area.
Having never seen this kind of hail damage to a course, White said it was a learn-on-the-fly experience, although TOUR agronomist Tom Brown is on site this week and has helped in the process.
"He was raised in West Texas," White said. "He said, ‘Look, I’ve been through this before.’ He feels pretty confident we’ll be OK. I put all my eggs in his basket; he’s that good."

Thanks for that update Staticline. I am about 10 miles southwest of the course and did not realize that they got hit that bad. Only had about quarter size hail at my place. That could cause some major issues for the pro's tomorrow if they can't get everything repaired tonight.

Dustin Johnson
John Senden
Brian Gay
Matt Kuchar
Sean O'Hair
Greg Chalmers
Jason Day
Brian Davis
Tommy Gainey
Anthony Kim

I actually remembered to pick this week. I dropped all the way to 19th overall by forgetting last week. Grrr.

I actually remembered to pick this week. I dropped all the way to 19th overall by forgetting last week. Grrr.
That sucks, dude. I know I'm still kicking myself for missing one at the start of the year.

Woah, that's pretty mean hail. Thanks for that update staticline.

On a related pun, my oddball team is gonna reign (rain?) supreme this week. Maybe.

Kris Blanks
Alex Cejka
Brian Davis
Jason Day
Sergio Garcia
Fredrik Jacobson
Richard S. Johnson
Carl Pettersson
Nick Watney
Arjun Atwal

Golf is underway! My picks for this week:

Jason Day
Sean O'Hair
Brian Gay
Ben Crane
Dustin Johnson
Tommy Gainey
K.J. Choi
Anthony Kim
Rory Sabbatini
Justin Leonard

Scott Verplank
Blake Adams
Rory Sabbatini
Jason Day
Dustin Johnson
Gary Woodland
Arjun Atwal
Jason Dufner
Nick Watney
Brian Gay

The guy I took out at the last second this time was Alex Cejka, so naturally he will do very well.

Top 10 picks of the week:

Matt Kuchar 65
Dustin Johnson 62
Nick Watney 59
Jason Day 55
Rory Sabbatini 51
K.J. Choi 51
Brian Gay 39

Gary Woodland 29
Ben Crane 25
Sean O'Hair 24

Those are mine in bold, plus Garcia and Hoffman.

Others picked by more than 20 people:

Sergio Garcia 23
Anthony Kim 23
Charlie Wi 22

Hoffman was only picked by 12 people (T21st most picked)

At first glance I am in 14th place, but it's way way early!

ugh, I picked really early to avoid not picking at all, and two of my picks are not playing: Snededcker and Levin.

poop.

Man I only have two guys under par, DJ and Rory, weak!!!

Man, I had Vaughn Taylor in mind early in the week, not sure what made me back out of taking him.

Back