Wilson Staff Demo Day Review

I think the DXI driver was the one Id want to take home and bag if I had one to choose from. Really impressed with it.

Well all i have to say about the DXI is its a fantastic club ..i use to own a Titleist 910D2 that was great for the long drives but hard to keep straight even with all the changes you could make..but after a local demo and hitting the DXI HL i feel in love with it...every ball straight down the middle..maybe not as far but i will sacrifice distance for accuracy any day...

Wilson Staff in my opinion make great gear...the DXI driver is fantastic and there FG tour ball in on par with the PROV1'S...the only joke on here is you buddy for making such a silly coment as that...goose

Thainer was making those comments in jest shcultzy. Easy to misread and I made the same mistake when I first arrived here at THP. Welcome aboard!

Smoothduffer is on line 1....Apparently he has relatives down under.

hahahaha.

I'm just sitting in the corner here, waiting to strike.....(if I ever get the hang of these darn blades)

Wilson Staff in my opinion make great gear...the DXI driver is fantastic and there FG tour ball in on par with the PROV1'S...the only joke on here is you buddy for making such a silly coment as that...goose

He was just trying to get smoothduffers attention. Smooth is a devout W/S fan and hadn't commented yet. He didn't mean what he said. Stay caaaaalllmmmm!

Serious golfers use Tapatalk.

ah..ok...my bad...and thanks for the welcome

Thought I'd add my thoughts from the Di11's when I hit them last month.

Wilson Staff Di11’s – The first thing I think about when I recall the Di11’s is just now sleek they are for a GI iron. This is the same thing I thought when I tried them in September and I still felt that way. The face appears to be the smallest of the three irons and the top line looked the thinnest. Was it? I really have no clue since we didn’t measure them, but that’s the way they appeared to me. These irons are very long. I think they are just as long as the CG16’s and maybe a bit longer, but I can’t say that for sure. One thing I really liked is that the cavity starts to show on the 5 iron and it gave me a bit of confidence that I was going to be able to hit the ball well with it. In my opinion, the one downside to these irons is the gapping issues at the top end. The GW is 46°, which means that I would definitely have to get rid of a club if I gamed them. What I did was play a 52° and 58° wedge with them and it worked very well. I used the GW for quite a few yardages by choking up and then used the other wedges for pitches, chips, sand shots, etc. Ball flight was high and didn’t balloon. Really, just a perfect ball flight for me. They were a bit straighter than the CG16’s, but still had a little fade action going on.

No worries man. Some people think that one or two brands are over the top and better than everyone due to marketing or major count. I like all equipment. Ill give anything a shot at making its way into my golf bag.
ah..ok...my bad...and thanks for the welcome

Must not respond, will get in trouble.

Some people cant let things go or, get over it and move on. Im not mentioning any names tho ^^^^^^^^^^ .

Oh and welcome schultzy, glad to see you on here cuzzzz, how is the fam down under?

The fam is very well thanks smoothduffer...good to see another person who supports W/S as much as i do...not very many here in Aus..but you get that..oh and Thainer you are rite about some of the other major brands...i get very offended when people trash talk Wilson Staff....lol

lmao, sorry but thats funny i dont care who ya are.
Sounds to me like wilson is putting out some great gear this year.

The fam is very well thanks smoothduffer...good to see another person who supports W/S as much as i do...not very many here in Aus..but you get that..oh and Thainer you are rite about some of the other major brands...i get very offended when people trash talk Wilson Staff....lol

The funny thing is that i never trashed his gear at all nor, have i ever said wilson staff is over the top or better than everything else. I have said many times that all of the top companies make great stuff, just play what suits yourself. He is just mad cause i didnt agree with him and, he just cant seem to move on and get over it. If i posted something like that i would get a very strongly worded reply about how this forum is not for stuff like that and told to get over it or move on. Its all in good fun tho (atleast it is for me,LOL). Nice to see someone else game a sweet W/S bag, i like it and, tell the fam i said hey.

The funny thing is that i never trashed his gear at all nor, have i ever said wilson staff is over the top or better than everything else. I have said many times that all of the top companies make great stuff, just play what suits yourself. He is just mad cause i didnt agree with him and, he just cant seem to move on and get over it. If i posted something like that i would get a very strongly worded reply about how this forum is not for stuff like that and told to get over it or move on. Its all in good fun tho (atleast it is for me,LOL). Nice to see someone else game a sweet W/S bag, i like it and, tell the fam i said hey.

Seriously, ENOUGH. Feel free to make your own dang thread about how people feel about you but stuff like THIS is why they act like they do towards you. This thread is for people to post their thoughts on DEMO DAY at the outing, leave it alone so those of us who want to see what people thought don't have to worry about another Wilson Staff thread getting locked up. If you like them so much then let it lie for the sake of the company but c'mon and get off it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have given off the warnings and this will be the last 1. SD, too many people spent their hard earned money and we spent ours to make this THP Outing the best there has ever been. If you have a problem with that, then just like you said, find another place to be a troll because it will not happen here.
Next time you can find someplace else to be hostile and argumentative.

Seeing the di11's at the outing was great. I took another crack at em and they performed as well as I remembered. My back was a bit balky but I hit about ten balls and loved the forgiveness and the looks. These are perhaps the best looking gi set ever.

Bet those DXi hybrids would flow nicely from my new Fybrid to the 6I in the Redline irons. Pretty sure that will be my move. Calling Blind9 tomorrow :clapp:

The di11's irons was my first pick of the day. I knew they're pretty reasonable priced, and a lot of my friends play the di9's and love them. Have to admit I wasn't terribly impressed. Didn't care much for the look of 'em, and neither was I impressed with either feel or forgiving properties. Could've been a shaft issue, as I was hearing others having a blast with them. I can't really put my finger on what it was, but within the first 10-15 swings it was clear that they were not for me, and I moved on to other options.

:dohanim: Dang i knew i would get in trouble, im gonna go stand in the corner and count.

On with the demo day.

I wish I was part of the forum before this happened :)

I wish I was part of the forum before this happened :)

The good thing is youre here in time for next years and sit down, this one is in Orlando. Drinks on you!

While not at this years demo day, I did get a pair of Fybrids based on the feedback of people who were

Whats the thoughts on the Vizor putter? Does the alignement aid help that much?

Question for those of you hit the DXi hybrids. I did hit these at a demo day and I recall them going basically straight and very high. Distance was hard to quantify given I made the mistake of not picking a target, just hacked 10 balls or so. How was the distance and ball flight? I see some feedback on them, just curious on some more details. Thinking the shaft may be preventing me from getting on board right away.

eidt: I do have a tendency to go left with hybrids....any detected left bias?

I didn't really notice a tendency for them to go left, griff. Same with the Fybrids from a couple years ago. My feeling on the Dxi's is that I just didn't like them as much as the Fybrids. I think some of that may be the shaft as I didn't like it that much in a driver I used it in either.

Back