BMW PGA Championship [spoilers]

the_paulo

Euro target practice
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.5
Great field this week, full of guys scared to come over to play in the US and gracing us with their sub-standard play. :alien2:

Course has had some alterations since last time out and apparently makes for a little friendlier interaction with the golfers.

Looks like that might be the case so far, with Luke Donald -5 through 14. Being chased by the imposing figure of Colin Montgomerie, almost as if Luke has a bagel tied to the back of his belt....4 under through 12.

Live scoring here - http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2011/tournamentid=2011034/leaderboard/index.html

LOL at this whole post. That's gold, paulo. I do remember the changes getting some bad comments last year. I assume ernie listened to the feedback?

Great field this week, full of guys scared to come over to play in the US and gracing us with their sub-standard play. :alien2:

Course has had some alterations since last time out and apparently makes for a little friendlier interaction with the golfers.

Looks like that might be the case so far, with Luke Donald -5 through 14. Being chased by the imposing figure of Colin Montgomerie, almost as if Luke has a bagel tied to the back of his belt....4 under through 12.

Live scoring here - http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2011/tournamentid=2011034/leaderboard/index.html

Posted via Tapatalk.

I love these posts in the morning. Hysterical.

Really looking forward to following this tourney. Its stacked and despite being a bunch of whiners, some of these guys can play golf...who knew? :alien:

LOL at this whole post. That's gold, paulo. I do remember the changes getting some bad comments last year. I assume ernie listened to the feedback?

Apparently so, and to good effect - via Eurosport -

World number one Lee Westwood led a glowing endorsement of the recent Wentworth changes made by Ernie Els on the eve of the European Tour's PGA Championship.
Second-ranked Luke Donald, US Open champion Graeme McDowell and world number six Rory McIlroy also praised the way Els had altered the eighth, 15th and 18th holes following criticism last year from many of the players.
"It was well-documented I criticised the eighth and 18th greens and he has changed those," Westwood told reporters on Wednesday. "So if they are not right you can blame me I guess.
"It's nice to see those changed because the eighth was maybe a little severe. At the 18th everybody likes to see somebody having a chance to make an eagle three to win or having to be aggressive and making the target a bit bigger will encourage that."
South African Els, who has a property on the Wentworth estate, has widened the 18th green from 380 to 586 square metres and also given the players extra room to the right of the putting surface to encourage a more attacking approach.
"The changes are good," said Westwood's fellow Englishman Donald. "The 18th has obviously been made a little more inviting to go for the green in two.
"I think if the wind conditions are where you can get within 230 yards or less to the green ... a lot more people will take that shot on.
"The miss to the right and the bunkers there, and how they have banked the green from the right, will entice people to go for it," added Donald who was tied for second behind fellow Englishman Simon Khan in the 2010 PGA Championship.
McIlroy echoed the sentiments about the new-look closing hole at the West Course.
"I love the way they have remodelled the 18th," said the Northern Irishman. "It really invites you to hit a second shot in there and hopefully it will make for an exciting finish."
McDowell said the course bunkers were too deep last year and applauded the way Els and his greenkeeping staff had rectified those errors.
"The changes certainly fit my eye," said McIlroy's fellow countryman. "The tweaks are a huge improvement.
"The 15th is a big improvement as well. He has opened up the left side of the fairway which is now letting you be more aggressive off the tee.
"There are some strong winds forecast for tomorrow's first round so the course will be quite a test."

Monty is wobbling home....who'd have guessed that?

Also, check out the leaderboard and find out it's a bad day for Nick Dougherty at +10, but Ricardo Gonzalez looks to be +50 with only 2 bogeys! :angry:

Els is obviously a pushover. Must be all those sour grapes he ate.

Monty is wobbling home....who'd have guessed that?

Also, check out the leaderboard and find out it's a bad day for Nick Dougherty at +10, but Ricardo Gonzalez looks to be +50 with only 2 bogeys! :angry:

Monty wobbling home, he wobbles out aswell

I heart Euro Golf. They do have the top 3 players in the world over there. That has to mean something.

I heart Euro Golf. They do have the top 3 players in the world over there. That has to mean something.

7 of the top 10, gotta be doing something right

I thought it meant they avoided the big tournies :wink:

I could watch Luke Donald hit iron shots all day. I asked young Thainer Sunday on the Champions Course if my swing looked like Luke Donald's and he simply replied, "no".

Just got my first glimpse of Monty this morning, my god, that man doesn't miss a meal. He oozes character and athleticism, lol

Just got my first glimpse of Monty this morning, my god, that man doesn't miss a meal. He oozes character and athleticism, lol

After my shower today I sort of turned my body and saw a Monty-moob staring back at me. Truly scary sight and I may pick up a meth habit to cure it ugh.

You're right, he oozes.

Looks like Gmac and Rory have slipped on some of his cast-off pie grease to struggle to 75 and 76 respectively.

Not a good day for Miguel, +5 today so far, +10 overall. Still it could be worse. He could be John Daly.....+11 through 14 holes so far, with a couple of 7s thrown in there.

This golf course just chews dudes up and spits them out, unlike Monty with any sort of food.

Makes Luke Donald's round so much more impressive. I'd love to play this golf course. I think it looks fantastic.

This golf course just chews dudes up and spits them out, unlike Monty with any sort of food.

Makes Luke Donald's round so much more impressive. I'd love to play this golf course. I think it looks fantastic.

I think Luke described his round yesterday as 'pretty much the best round of golf I've ever played'. You can get a couple under on it, but the finishing stretch doesn't let you leave without earning those shots!

Daly just withdrew.
Apparently has a hip injury.
Is your hip in close relation to the "suck" bone?
I mean we know that the knee is right? :D

Daly just withdrew.

I think the actual term was 'weakness'. A 'hip flask weakness'.

After my shower today I sort of turned my body and saw a Monty-moob staring back at me. Truly scary sight and I may pick up a meth habit to cure it ugh.

Hmmm exercise or meth. Exercise or meth. Ehh meth sounds funner.

Daly just withdrew.

Well it can't have been becasue his clothes were too tight. I don't think I have ever seen someone wear clothes that are that big and baggy before

Well it can't have been becasue his clothes were too tight. I don't think I have ever seen someone wear clothes that are that big and baggy before

he must have picked up Monty's bag at the airport. that course scares the bejeezus out of me. my bag isn't big enough for the ball's i'd need (and you can read that statement any way you want to)....

I have to tell ya, this Matteo Mannasero is phenomenal. He's not long off the tee, but man is he solid. He's going to be good. Real good.

Back