2011 THP Outing Recap Thread

I'm dying with these videos right now. You all have to check out Hawk's bunker lessons in the picture thread. It makes me miss everyone a lot more. I think I'm going to do a tour of THP'ers houses. Living in basements and whatnot haha.

I have a nice guest suite upstairs. We've had 3 other folks from THP stay in it. Come on down!! Ole Gray and I would love it.

Those videos were hilarious! I loved playing a round of golf with Hawk! He's the best.

HE is awesome. Really all of my playing partners were. I would've had to edit every video for the Sat afternoon round though lol. I wish I would've remembered my flip for the others. Must have each round now. I appreciate that. I'm really considering just leaving my job lol. Maybe a tour de US would be a good little time off lol.

I have a nice guest suite upstairs. We've had 3 other folks from THP stay in it. Come on down!! Ole Gray and I would love it.

Those videos were hilarious! I loved playing a round of golf with Hawk! He's the best.

LOL. Does Nerfny know about this ??? HAHAHA. Dude he is awesome from the bunkers. I just missed the green by 20-30 yards lol. It was pure though.

I've got a spare room for you. No need to stay in the basement.

Those videos are funny. I never would have thought Hawk was a Seve from the bunkers. I'm going to have to spend some time on the course with him next time to perfect my technique. Marcawesome looked like he pounded that ball from the beach.

Guys I have asked a couple of times now...PLEASE keep this to outing recaps or we will have to lock it up.

I've also been meaning to ask did everyone's clubs fare well? My stiff arm was broken when we came home (bummer bc it was new) but the clubs looked good.

Obviously I wasn't there, but from what I read it sounds like JB and GG really know how to organize an outing. I can't imagine how much work went into this. But looking at the pictures of the demo day, the gift bags for each participant, etc., I can only surmise it was a lot. The only wild card seems to be this gentleman named Wider. In any case hats off to JB and GG. :)

Yea, Pauly Walnuts was there. That dude just oozes anger.

He was extra nice to me. But I'm pretty sure it's because I'm female. Totally Pauly Walnuts! I felt like I was in a "Sopranos" episode.

Caution, my iPhone is tapped.

I must say that the girls in attendance were wonderful, beautiful, funny, charming, and and and. I can see why the guys married them. It was absolutely refreshing to spend time with a group of such great ladies.

I learned this: I really do need to get new clubs. I keep thinking I'll get new clubs when I get better, but now I know I have a greater chance of getting better with new clubs. So glad I got to try out so many different clubs all in one place. Priceless.

Couple of more awards.

The Wider Award - Goes to the person least able to follow directions...That would have to be my partner One-T and me saying "don't drink too much" the night before our match against Yorkem's friend and Gus.
The Overton Award - Best putt I witnessed during a round...Have to go to the gimmes that Yorkem's Friend was getting...hehe
The Ray Lewis Award - Best hit of the outing....The drink cart girl shoulder checking Hawk.
The Is that all award - Yorkem's Friend after the lady caught him peeing in the bushes.
The Pseudo Award - The list could be endless.

I really had full intentions of not getting wasted, it just happened though. I suck!

Dont forget that I hit Yorkems friend with a ball. It did keep my ball from going in the hazard....hahaha.

The I swear I'm going to be early award: Our good friend TC!!!! HAHAHAHA. Can't tell you how many times I heard, "Dude, I'm goin to bed"

On Thursday night were downstairs trying to get dinner. That restaurant / bar was chaos. How long does it take to order a drink or food? So I left. I returned 45 mins later One T was on his way upstairs (probably to sweet talk Vannessa). This was the conversation on the stairs:

TrueTemper:"What do you recommend?"
One-T:"A different waiter."

Best advice I was given all weekend.

I really had full intentions of not getting wasted, it just happened though. I suck!

LOL - you tried hard to get OG to come back and party with you. Good thing he came back to the room with me and did not come back to the I-Bar 56 seconds later like you suggested.:act-up:

On Thursday night were downstairs trying to get dinner. That restaurant / bar was chaos. How long does it take to order a drink or food? So I left. I returned 45 mins later One T was on his way upstairs (probably to sweet talk Vannessa). This was the conversation on the stairs:

LOL I was standing there for that. He was 100% accurate with that assessment

Last recap, turns out I burst both eardrums on the flight home after going to the doctors today which explains why I can barely stand or walk without falling over. BOOOOOOO this really sucks but the outing was still worth it. I won't be able to hit golf balls for a least a week though until I get my balance back, I could use the rest anyway.

Just catching up...wow bro, so sorry to hear (no pun intended) that. Hope you are feeling better quickly.

I'm dying with these videos right now. You all have to check out Hawk's bunker lessons in the picture thread. It makes me miss everyone a lot more. I think I'm going to do a tour of THP'ers houses. Living in basements and whatnot haha.

Come to NC anytime you want. You will always be welcome in my home. There are enough of us in NC that we could have a mini-reunion outing!

That might be the funniest thing I've heard yet

Yorkem, there is this thing called mulit-quote. Try it out someime......hahahahahaha

Yorkem, there is this thing called mulit-quote. Try it out someime......hahahahahaha

busted...and guilty...HAHAHA

Probably one of my favorite times during the golfing rounds was seeing G4L punish that Williams driver and he had that look like, I just love this club. Haha, this isn't part of the petition but it was definitely one of my favorite club moments.

I also loved the fact Chunky and I seemed to be on the same wavelength when we were demo'ing clubs. Just such an amazing time to be out there with a bunch of equipment nuts.

He was just abusing that thing....it was really working for him. He had it on the Champions range too and was sending balls into some poor female member's path on the opposite side of the range to the point where she drove over in her cart and asked him to please stop hitting into her. The Willams driver is definitely legit.
Probably one of my favorite times during the golfing rounds was seeing G4L punish that Williams driver and he had that look like, I just love this club. Haha, this isn't part of the petition but it was definitely one of my favorite club moments.

I also loved the fact Chunky and I seemed to be on the same wavelength when we were demo'ing clubs. Just such an amazing time to be out there with a bunch of equipment nuts.

Everyone that came to the outing and demo day.
I urge you to share your thoughts on every piece of equipment that you tried.
Each day we have 2-3 new threads on brands that were there. If you get a chance, jot down your thoughts about their gear that you tried.
Thanks.

Back