Srixon Demo Day Review

I can't wait to swing the Z-star driver.. You guys raving about it makes me think it has to be one of the best drivers of the year!

And Miyazaki? Are you kidding me?!

Srixon Z-Star Driver - Somehow I missed this one and Im very disappointed by that.
Srixon Z-Star FW Woods - Loved it. This was my favorite 3W of the whole demo day just ahead of the Adams F11. It was easy to hit off the deck or tee. Great clean classic look to it.
Srixon Z-Star Irons - I guess I was expecting too much from these. They were good, very good but I wasnt blown away. In hand they look as good as anything Ive seen. From address they still look good. Distance was good, forgiveness good and feel ok. Just something seemed off to me.

Only got to hit the Srixon Z-Star Driver

Z-Star Driver: I actually did not hit this on the Friday demo day but got to hit Spraytech's Z-Star on Sunday at the range then a couple of times during our round. Now he did have his cut down an inch I believe but I really did like this driver, I hit a couple of the longest straightest drives ever on the range before our round with this club. I still had a pretty nasty fade with it but I didn't get to mess with any of the weights or settings to try to correct that. Overall I'd like to get another chance to hit this club and make some adjustments to see if it could fit my game better.

Z-Star is being ordered within a week. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

The shaft retails alone for $350. For the price it's a great combo. I liked this driver but i think i needed to spend more time with it to get to a comfort zone. It was very sharp looking and I think it would rank up there amongst the top as far as drivers go. I think the shaft I hit was a stiff so the flight on mine was relatively low to mid. I liked how the ball felt off the club head.

I did not realize they included such a nice shaft. Is it the real deal shaft (like Cleveland is doing), or a made-for? I am assuming real deal since Srixon owns Cleveland (or vice versa...).

The Miyazakis are the real deal.

Why were you unable to play with the settings of the driver? Just not enough time, or was the tool not available?

The Miyazakis are the real deal.

Good to know - thanks.

I am not a huge fan of the Miyazakis in the Cleveland drivers. But I was at a demo last week and the Cleveland rep the Kusula Silver installed in his 310 driver, and let me hit it. I LOVED that shaft - very smooth but stable, with a great feel.

I have not hit a Dromos - interested to see how it plays.

The Dromos will be more similar to the Kusala series, except that it is made to work specifically with adjustable drivers.

Why were you unable to play with the settings of the driver? Just not enough time, or was the tool not available?

The tool was available. With so much stuff out there it can be overwhelming for people at times.

Good to know - thanks.

I am not a huge fan of the Miyazakis in the Cleveland drivers. But I was at a demo last week and the Cleveland rep the Kusula Silver installed in his 310 driver, and let me hit it. I LOVED that shaft - very smooth but stable, with a great feel.

I have not hit a Dromos - interested to see how it plays.

If you like the Kusala, you will like the Dromos.

Ok - now I am getting VERY excited to try out this driver.

I have made the decision to go with an adjustable driver for the new driver, and had narrowed it down to R11 and Titleist. I am jonesing to get my hands on this Srixon. Please, please Edwin Watts have a demo in stock! Calling now...

Ok - now I am getting VERY excited to try out this driver.

I have made the decision to go with an adjustable driver for the new driver, and had narrowed it down to R11 and Titleist. I am jonesing to get my hands on this Srixon. Please, please Edwin Watts have a demo in stock! Calling now...

If they don't have one, reach out to Patty @ Blind9 golf. I believe that she has a Z-Star demo driver that she can send out for you to try with a small deposit.

Thanks, I was unaware of this option from Blind9 Golf. I will keep this in mind.

Thanks, I was unaware of this option from Blind9 Golf. I will keep this in mind.

Patty and Dennis are two awesome people and they take care of ya

I had very high hopes for the Srixon line up prior to the outing. I had mixed thoughts on the z Stars. I'll start with the driver.

Z Star Driver: going in this was probably the one club I was most excited to hit. Once I hit it l, I knew it wasn't for me. I ballooned the heck out of every ball I hit. I hit the ball high in general and this driver probably got the ball higher than any of the drivers I hit. It is definitely not for me.

Z Star irons: I hit these prior to the outing and was excited to hit them again. They are long hitters, hit I found myself drawing the ball quite a bit with these irons. I would out that more on the shaft which just felt okay to me. I think these irons with either the DGs or the KBS C Tapers would be money.

This stuff was in Hugh demand so I only got to hit the irons, and those were 5&8. I actually had a swing during the time I was hitting these, read: not tired, so I could really feel them out. 5 launched a little lower than I liked and the 8 was just a shade lower than my normal 8. Definetly would like to get these with some other shafts so I could bring out all they have to offer. Looks great at address, little thin up top which is different for me but from first contact you know the forgiveness is there. Loved how they felt during the swing, right up til contact. Felt a tad hard to me, kinda confused me there but I heard a few others making similar comments so take that for what its worth. It's not a harsh feedback mind you, just a little firm feeling.

There is some distance in these puppies as well, really good distance :) Hit a consistent fade with these, I like consistency like that.

--
tapatalk

Srixon Z-Star driver--So I have been waiting to hit this driver for months. More specifically I have been waiting to hit the Dromos shaft for months. Looks wise is kind of a push. The shaft is gorgeous. More companies should follow Miyazaki's idea. Absolutely beautiful looking shaft. The driver head was all business. Looked good. At address it looked like I was going to kill the ball. The feeling I get at address is very important to me as I can struggle with confidence when I don't like the address look. Performance wise it was pretty middle of the pack. Of course I didn't get to adjust the thing which probably would have made a big difference. Shaft felt nice and smooth. Head was just alright. Ball didn't explode off the face or anything. Nice mid/high ball flight. Feel/sound was good. Middle of the road driver for me

Srixon Z-star irons--I have been lusting after these bad boys for what seems like years now. First thing I did when I got to the range was find the 6 iron. As beautiful in person as they are in the pics JB has posted. Stunning quite honestly. At address I got a teeny bit worried. These looked a little bit more playerish than what I was used to. My first hit blew my worries out of the way. Wow. I destroyed the ball with these. The grind seemed like it was good for me as I didn't hit one shot fat which is my miss. Ball got up fast and just kept going. These are very long irons on par with my Di11's. Feel was phenomenal with these. They were paired with the Nippons and I could game these in a heartbeat. Moving the ball was not an issue. I could go left and somewhat right. Flighting was also not an issue. These could be the perfect GE iron. An absolute home run by Srixon

So chunky, the question is: are they going in the bag?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

So chunky, the question is: are they going in the bag?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

It is very possible. I would have to find some money though. I think my next set of irons is going to have graphite so that would be an added expense. They are definitely a contender though. Great irons and they have the jacked up lofts that I love. Now I will say that they were not my favorite of the outing

So it sounds to me like the guys with the higher swing speeds who already have a reasonably high ball flight were ballooning this thing, is that fairly accurate?

Are there different shafts beyond the reg/stiff/xstiff for this thing?

So it sounds to me like the guys with the higher swing speeds who already have a reasonably high ball flight were ballooning this thing, is that fairly accurate?

Are there different shafts beyond the reg/stiff/xstiff for this thing?

Like Dr. Teeth said- I think some of the ball flight is coming from the shaft. The KBS C-tapers are supposed to lower ball flight, and the DG3000 would also lower flight vs the Nippon. I think that any club maker that could fit you the irons would have a way to get one of those shafts in it for you.

I really liked these irons and they were the single favorite thing that I hit last weekend. The are very clearly on the "keep an eye" on list... unfortunately I can't justify the money on new irons when I have the new TM MCs already in the bag.

Ahh, I meant to ask about the driver, but if they are referring to the irons that probably explains a lot. I know your Miyazaki did me NO favours haha!

Ahh, I meant to ask about the driver, but if they are referring to the irons that probably explains a lot. I know your Miyazaki did me NO favours haha!

To be fair- you were struggling with some poorly fitted Mizzies that day too.
I still don't know why you didn't hit that shaft well though, it should be just about perfect for you.

I was hitting the zstar driver ok, but it was a little higher launching that I would want. You have seen my ball flights though and know a little bit of what I am talking about. You might be the only person I have seen who hits a higher driver than I do.

As Srixon increases its presence in the U.S. Market, will they eventually begin offering left hand equipment? Or, will they be content with the Cleveland LH offerings?
I apologize if this has been covered in another thread. I feel like it has been discussed but for the life of me I can't remember what the answer was.

I apologize for taking so long to get my thoughts out there on the offerings from Srixon.

Srixon Z-Star Driver I've hit this driver in the past and had a chance to take a few more swings with it at the Demo Day. It's one of the better looking drivers I've had in my hand in the last few years. It's long, it sets ups perfectly and I love the sound of the ball jumping off this hot face. I really think this driver is a winner and one everyone should take a chance to demo for themselves.

Srixon Z-Star FW Woods Unfortunately, I never came across any of the fairway woods so I did not get a chance to hit them.

Srixon Z-Star Irons Again, another sharp offering from Srixon. A beautifully crafted work of art that it good in every respect as it relates to what I look for in an iron. I love the feel, sound and ball flight. I'm a big fan of these irons.

Thanks again for the clubs you sent over Srixon!

I took a moment to acknowledge them on FB. If you get the chance, please do the same.

Back