Callaway UPro MX GPS

Might be heading down to gg to get one, can I get the combo pack through them? Hoping they let me use the 50 off coupon like canadan

I bought my MX Tuesday, and spend sometime to explore all the function, the battery now down to 50%, just wonder, does anyone know the battery can be charge anytime or not? Thanks.

Just got mine took the coupon so got a nike belt for free, ill put this to use in the tourney tomorrow and post thoughts

Check out their website it has been updated

Dear valued UPRO MX user,

Thank you for your interest in the new upro mx device.

We are proud of the device, but by now you will have noticed that the supporting website is not currently available for upro mx device registration and ProMode® course downloads. I personally apologize for the inconvenience this is causing the first users of the new system. We are experiencing technical difficulties transferring data from our existing database of upro users to the new system and while this is the case the new website will remain offline.

We are diligently working on the problem and we have chosen to keep the new website offline until we can provide the type of demonstrably superior and pleasingly different user experience that Callaway is known for and which the R&D team takes great pride in creating.

In the meantime, you can still use your new upro mx device right out of the box with pre-loaded courses in Basic Mode and GoMode®, AnyPoint® technology around the greens, and the new scorecard interface.

To compensate users for the temporary inability to download ProMode courses, we will offer five (5) free ProMode course downloads to all new upro mx users who register within two weeks after the site goes live. Additional details will follow.

Please contact Customer Service at upro_support@callawaygolf.com to provide your email address and device serial number, so that we can keep you up to date on the status of the site. I will send you regular status updates and alert you when the site goes live.

Many thanks for your understanding and continued support.

Dr Alan Hocknell
Sr. VP Research and Development
Callaway Golf

oh boy 5 free downloads when I was going to pay for the unlimited lol

That's actually pretty sweet!! I have one course I play all the time, and a holiday course that I will be getting the ProMode for... Outside of that, I don't even know that I care all that much.. The standard mode in itself is actually pretty sweet.

Took the new uPro mx out to the course today for 9 holes..

First, finding the course was really easy. We were sent off on the back 9, and the device makes it really easy to manually switch between holes. During the round, it automatically switched holes as I approached the teebox of the next hole, and never forced me to adjust it. Unfortunately it was a very badly overcast day, so I didn't get a chance to get any pics of the screen in sunlight, but the numbers were very clear at all times, especially in BasicMode. Another early thing to note was that I consistently switched it to standby mode after I put it in my pocket, and it updated within seconds of me taking it out of standby.

The distance tracker is a really neat feature. I am unsure of its capabilities in terms of shot tracking over time, but I was able to measure out the length of each of my tee shots as well as my approach shots with one press of a button before my shot, and two presses at the end of the shot. My driver was right around 270 today, with about a foot of backspin on each drive (damn wet weather!!). It really gets me charged that I can track my club distances, as they have been one of the things I have struggled with this year. If I can iron out my club lengths, I have a feeling I will be able to really take some strokes off my game.

I started to get a bit creative on the 13th hole, and stumbled upon the distances to the hazards simply by touching the screen and dragging upwards. It showed all three bunkers on the hole, and the distances to the front and back of each of them. This was a great tool for me because the 13th green is guarded by a bunker.

Moving on to the 14th, (par 3, 170) I happened to click the 'mode' button on the outside of the unit, which flipped me to the "GoMode" and showed a bunch of numbers, including the front, middle, and back of the green. I really, REALLY like this feature, but it gets even better! As the flag was off center and slightly beyond the middle of the green, I wanted an accurate distance to the 3/4 distance of the green. By clicking the bottom left of the screen (the little sight-line image) it allows you to touch and drag anywhere on the hole, and gives measurements to that specific spot. I was REALLY hoping this feature was fully functional, and I am extremely happy with what it allows me to measure in terms of distances.

Now, I've never owned a GPS unit or a rangefinder before, but I've never seen anything provide this much information about a course. I got to ignore all the sprinkler heads hunting for distances, and enjoyed seeing distances to things that can't be 'shot' by a rangefinder. I am sure I have not even come close to unraveling the full potential of this thing, but will certainly report back.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions that I might be able to check out. I've got another three rounds this weekend, so I'll have lots of opportunity to test the limits of the mx.

Great review Canadan. I am happy you are liking the MX, which is making me really want to get one. The skycaddie runs out June 6th officially, so I plan to have the MX within the next week or so.

Great review Canadan. I am happy you are liking the MX, which is making me really want to get one. The skycaddie runs out June 6th officially, so I plan to have the MX within the next week or so.

You're going to love the lack of a fee DD! I still can't believe this was only a 200 dollar unit. I was completely convinced I was going to buy the OnPar until Callaway started advertising this.

Thanks for all the info "Eddy" !
What did you see as far as battery usage during your round?

Thanks for all the info "Eddy" !

It appeared to have well over a half of a charge after my 9 holes.. I am spending a bunch of time on the range tomorrow along with 9 holes, so my first full 18 holes will be Sunday, with another Monday. After I get through those rounds I'll check back in and give a good update as to how much battery remains after the full rounds.

I am pretty optimistic though.

Same here. 5 free downloads is not much for the early adopters. That's basically a $6.00 value ($29.99/25 courses * 5 courses). I'd rather the just take $10 off my unlimited fee.

Update: I just plugged it in to charge and it says it's at 84/85%.

It was fully charged last night, and WELL used for 9 holes today. So that should give a decent indication for you!

That's actually pretty sweet!! I have one course I play all the time, and a holiday course that I will be getting the ProMode for... Outside of that, I don't even know that I care all that much.. The standard mode in itself is actually pretty sweet.

yeah I will play primarily one course, but then every now and then I go elsewhere, plus a few golf trips, so If I plan on keeping this for any long period of time, might as well just get the unlimited. I need as much help as I can get out there!!

Moving on to the 14th, (par 3, 170) I happened to click the 'mode' button on the outside of the unit, which flipped me to the "GoMode" and showed a bunch of numbers, including the front, middle, and back of the green. I really, REALLY like this feature, but it gets even better! As the flag was off center and slightly beyond the middle of the green, I wanted an accurate distance to the 3/4 distance of the green. By clicking the bottom left of the screen (the little sight-line image) it allows you to touch and drag anywhere on the hole, and gives measurements to that specific spot. I was REALLY hoping this feature was fully functional, and I am extremely happy with what it allows me to measure in terms of distances..

Great review :clapp: I use my uPro Go for a year, am really like the "GoMode" Any Point features, sound like this MX are even better than my old one, can't wait to play a round with it on coming Saturday, Thanks Canadan

Update: I just plugged it in to charge and it says it's at 84/85%.

It was fully charged last night, and WELL used for 9 holes today. So that should give a decent indication for you!
Thanks Eddy

Great review :clapp: I use my uPro Go for a year, am really like the "GoMode" Any Point features, sound like this MX are even better than my old one, can't wait to play a round with it on coming Saturday, Thanks Canadan

Thanks EW! I'm glad if it's helping!

Thanks Eddy

My pleasure dude!

Great review Canadan. keep us updated on your weekend rounds.

I just about bought a Bushnell scout 1000 arc today but didn't. Now I see this and it has me pondering. I thought I had my mind made up. I have a free app on my droid that does fairly well and was going to use in conjunction with the Bush's.

The reviews on Amazon are terrible.

Same here. 5 free downloads is not much for the early adopters. That's basically a $6.00 value ($29.99/25 courses * 5 courses). I'd rather the just take $10 off my unlimited fee.

In theory they don't have to give you anything though.

I am pondering getting one of these myself now

I just about bought a Bushnell scout 1000 arc today but didn't. Now I see this and it has me pondering. I thought I had my mind made up. I have a free app on my droid that does fairly well and was going to use in conjunction with the Bush's.

Brock, what droid app do you use. I'm always looking for some good free golf gps apps.

Most of the GPS/Rangefinders are reviewed on THP, and if you use the search function, I can bet you'll find countless reviews from forum members... I've never found a better place to hear about products than here. I hope you find what works best for you dude!

Back