The Wilson Staff FG Tour ball....

schultzy

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you have tried the:wilsonstaff:FG Tour ball and compare it to the PROV1's.
I have only had 2 rounds so far after purchasing the FG ball and was plesently surprised at the results that i got,distance was fantastic i think maybe even better that the PROV1 the flight of the ball was nice and straight and did not slice or fade nearly as much as when i drive off the tee.It sure felt heavier and i could feel that in my hands when hitting the ball off the tee or of the fairways and on the green.But i did really like the way the ball took flight and the roll i got after a nice contacted shot,the cover of the ball was damage free after 18 holes ,something that i don't find on the PROV1.
My only criticism about the FG was i did not get the same amount of spin on the greens with an approaching wedge shot that i do with the PROV1 but they do seem to stop reasonably quick with a high lofted shot....all in all a great ball i think and i will try it out a few more times before making my mind up if this is the best ball for my game.
As you will see whats in my bag i am a huge :wilsonstaff:fan but its all about getting the lowest score and bettering your game that makes it so addictive and thats why i love this game....Look forward to anybodies reply or feedback about these balls.

Have just finished reading another thread about PROV1's V Taylormade Penta....Might have to get myself some Penta's and compare for myself..hmmmm

I have used it a lot. Its a decent ball. However I dont play Pro V1s either, so it would not be a very good comparison on my part. Having done a pretty exhausting ball fitting on a monitor, I am pretty sure what ball works best for me both around the greens and off the tee and neither of these two made the cut for me.

I used it for a short period of time and being a pretty big W/S fanboy I really wanted to love this ball, but couldnt. Distance was a little short for me and just didnt like the feel off my irons. Chipping and putting was great but couldnt stand everything else. Started using the Srixon Trispeed Tour and dont see myself using anything else for quite some time.

Hey schultzy, I think you should do a Bridgestone ball fitting. I'd love to hear the results. It's free and they will suggest any brand of golf ball that will suit your game the best.

I bought a sleeve earlier this year. I liked the ball, but since I don't play with much spin to start with, I ended up going with something a little more spinnier.

I have used it a lot. Its a decent ball. However I dont play Pro V1s either, so it would not be a very good comparison on my part. Having done a pretty exhausting ball fitting on a monitor, I am pretty sure what ball works best for me both around the greens and off the tee and neither of these two made the cut for me.

Found one of the Bridgestone B330-RX balls in the rough after my second tee shot today...considering i was the last one on the course i picked it up and used it for the rest of the 7 holes i had and was pleasantly surprised how good it was, kept my FG tour in the bag for the rest of the round.It had good flight and stopped well on the greens...think i even got some forward spin up hill on one hole that almost rolled into the cup...still have it at the end of the day so thats always a good sign...hmmm might have to give it another go this weekend and maybe buy a sleeve of some new ones just in case.

Back