Internet golfers driving range!

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
Man I am just killing my irons today. That's why they're the number one iron on the tour. Seriously

Do you guys know of any ranges or courses that have jacked yardages? This was a range my gf and I were at.

Last edited:
Seriously lol, i love those commercials, hilarious.
What set of irons you want today, give me the blades, (and the backup set)

Seriously lol, i love those commercials, hilarious.
What set of irons you want today, give me the blades, (and the backup set)

Lol. This is a driving range we are at today. Pretty sure I just hit a 215 yard PW. Rawr.

This just in: they have a 2-for-1 GolfWRX members special.

A lot of ranges do that, everyone goes back for a second bucket when they think they are hitting 350yd drives...

I was in Dick's the other day looking for a rangefinder. I hear this kid go up to the guy working and ask about some clubs. I overhear him saying that he's not very good and looking for some game improvement irons. He said to the guy, "Yeah, I mean, I can only hit my 7-iron about 200 yards."

Needless to say, a little later I went up to the guy and asked him if he had a 6-iron I could hit 250 yards. Made him laugh.

They aren't using limited flight balls by chance are they. My eye can easily tell the difference between 200yds and 125yds so this range would be very confusing to me.

I was in Dick's the other day looking for a rangefinder. I hear this kid go up to the guy working and ask about some clubs. I overhear him saying that he's not very good and looking for some game improvement irons. He said to the guy, "Yeah, I mean, I can only hit my 7-iron about 200 yards."

Needless to say, a little later I went up to the guy and asked him if he had a 6-iron I could hit 250 yards. Made him laugh.

ROFL!!! That's funny!

Sorry, first time in this thread since posting the pic. That white board says 200 yds.

Is this more driven to ego boosting, or confidence boosting?

While I can see the humour in bombing them '350'... It's not terribly hard to tell the difference between 127 and 200..

the driving rang i go to doesnt post any yardage's but they have a range finder attached to the ground for public use

Yeah, the 300yd marker was at 261.
Is this more driven to ego boosting, or confidence boosting?

While I can see the humour in bombing them '350'... It's not terribly hard to tell the difference between 127 and 200..

Well at least you now know of a good place to take your unassuming friends when they are having an off day!

Carnivore, dude, I seriously thought there for a minute that a tiny ant somehow got inside my laptop's screen.

I seem to hit clubs well I am on the Stanford driving range. I get about the same distance as on the course, sometimes better. No distance loss due to using range balls, even with the driver.

So to be sure, I went home and actually checked the yardages on google earth, and they check out perfectly, so I guess they are just using very good condition range balls.

Back