Titleist Test Panel Invitation

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I've been invited to participate in a Titleist golf ball test panel at their Manchester Lane Test Facility near their Acushnet headquarters.

I'll be hitting a variety of golf shots with their Research and Development Team. I'll either be doing this June 7th or June 8th. It should be interesting.

awesome Sean...how did you get hooked up with that, if you don't mind me asking?

awesome Sean...how did you get hooked up with that, if you don't mind me asking?
I don't know 910. I've filled out some of their surveys in the past, and posted some comments on their site. Perhaps that was it.

Wait... Titleist reaches out to the consumer?

Excellent! Congrats on the opportunity Sean!
Thanks Canadan! I'm curious to see what a facility like that looks like.

As too reaching out to consumer they do. Their website is quite consumer friendly with blogs, discussions, surveys, etc. The ball fitting info is quite interesting as well, though there are no online chat features like B-Fit.

sounds like a great opportunity Sean, congrats! Looking forward to hearing about your experience

Awesome! However, I don't think anything in their arsenal will outperform that B330RX.

Very cool man, i've been thinking of going back to the ProV1 but since I've not heard great things about this years model I've been a little scared...

sounds like a great opportunity Sean, congrats! Looking forward to hearing about your experience
Thanks Ddec. I'll report back. :)

Awesome! However, I don't think anything in their arsenal will outperform that B330RX.
Thanks TC, but I'll keep an open mind. hehe. For example, I'm liking my DART so far and I though I'd never play a mallet. :)

Im a little surprised your signature changed again already. Just a month ago, didnt you say you were getting HUGE gains from the RX? Did those gains disappear somewhere?

Thanks TC, but I'll keep an open mind. hehe. For example, I'm liking my DART so far and I though I'd never play a mallet. :)

Same here buddy, loving my DART.

Have fun with your Titleist testing.

Very cool man, i've been thinking of going back to the ProV1 but since I've not heard great things about this years model I've been a little scared...
I haven't heard S/S. I was never a big fan of the ProV1. I was more partial to the ProV1x.

Im a little surprised your signature changed again already. Just a month ago, didnt you say you were getting HUGE gains from the RX? Did those gains disappear somewhere?
I was playing the RXS, not the RX. I've picked up a lot of club head speed since then (some radical experimentation and a lesson). My two best rounds, a 75 and a 77, were with the ProV1x. I also spent more than two hours a couple of weeks ago at the chipping and pitching area of our practice facility with just the RXS and the ProV1x. The ProV1x was more responsive on short chips and pitches. From further out I could get the ball to spin back. The RXS wasn't as responsive. Not that I hit it flush every time mind you.

I've been invited to participate in a Titleist golf ball test panel at their Manchester Lane Test Facility near their Acushnet headquarters.

I'll be hitting a variety of golf shots with their Research and Development Team. I'll either be doing this June 7th or June 8th. It should be interesting.

Congrats Sean, I did the same thing for Bridgestone in Conyers, Ga. in 2008 and in 2009. Tested the B-330-RXS before it hit the market, pretty exciting. They gave me some pretty sweet gifts for the testing also. We did it as a half day at the testing facility and one half day at the golf course each time I tested. I would be ready to go back should they ever extend the invitation again.

Congrats Sean, I did the same thing for Bridgestone in Conyers, Ga. in 2008 and in 2009. Tested the B-330-RXS before it hit the market, pretty exciting. They gave me some pretty sweet gifts for the testing also. We did it as a half day at the testing facility and one half day at the golf course each time I tested. I would be ready to go again should they ever extend the invitation again.
Sound great DD. I don't think this will be as extensive, but it should be interesting nonetheless. I'm just curious to see the facility if nothing else.

Thats awesome Sean You better take lots of pics :)

Thats borderline incredible considering I did some similar testing and found completely opposite results. Weird and interesting all in the same line. Fickle game eh?

I was playing the RXS, not the RX. I've picked up a lot of club head speed since then (some radical experimentation and a lesson). My two best rounds, a 75 and a 77, were with the ProV1x. I also spent more than two hours a couple of weeks ago at the chipping and pitching area of our practice facility with just the RXS and the ProV1x. The ProV1x was more responsive on short chips and pitches. From further out I could get the ball to spin back. The RXS wasn't as responsive. Not that I hit it flush every time mind you.

Last edited:
Wow...that should be a blast.
Congrats on being selected !

Thats borderline incredible considering I did some similar testing and found completely opposite results. Weird and interesting all in the same line. Fickle game eh?
It sure is Thainer. In golf truth definitely is stranger than fiction. lol

Back