Parent-Child Golf

Played in an Adult/Jr. Scramble on Sunday. Great fun though very very slow.

IMG_1466-1-1.jpg

Doesn't he look a bit like a Mini Johny Miller?

Last edited:
Took my 6 yr old daughter to the range today and she had fun trying to hit balls with the clubs I bought her over the winter(pink of course). When we got home she said thats were she wanted to take her friends to on her next birthday. We played a round of miniature golf and she loved it,she even holed one of them. Daddy couldn't really practice but was happy seeing her had fun. She spoke to my golf instructor and said she's ready to take lessons. Crossing my fingers and hope she will love the game and want to learn. Overall a Great day!

My eldest son is 9 on Tuesday and he is getting a junior set of clubs for his birthday. I bought him a SW that he takes to the range when I go. He has even said he is going to get some lessons with his birthday money.

Not sure if I will let him go to a course this year, need to get him hitting the ball with all his clubs first

Taking my 4 y/o boy to the driving range tonight for the first time.
He's got a Junior Driver that's the perfect size for him.

Can't Wait.

I'm graduating from college soon and both of my brothers are coming back home to help me celebrate. My oldest brother lives in Los Angeles and the middle-brother of us lives in Washington D.C. so we're rarely all together at the same time - maybe once or twice a year. They'll both be home for a week and we plan on playing at least four rounds. It'll be the perfect foursome - the three sons and our father! Should be great.

I have a 4 yr old son, a 2 yr old son and a little princess that is due to make her entrance in July. The 4 yr old really enjoys going to the range and seems to have very good hand/eye coordination. I really want to find him a wedge or iron to take with us so that we don't have to borrow from grandpa, but everything I find around here seems so expensive. My wife doesn't play, but I have dreams about one day playing in a foursome with my three kiddos.

Well my son got his junior set on Tuesday. He has taken them to the range and we are going again today. I took him with me on Weds when I played a Par 3 course so that he could see what it was like. He said he wasn't bored and wants to go again so thats good news :D

Got him booked in for lessons starting on the 29th May. Can't wait until he is a standard where I can take him onto the course with me for a round :D

My son just turned 2 and he had been noticing me chipping balls in my back yard. A few weeks back he came out and asked what I was doing. Ever since he first clipped a ball with my clubs he asks me to hit golf balls every day when I get home from work. We'll see if he continues to enjoy it but I need to invest in some kiddo clubs. Fun times! :)

That awesome whyyouloveme, Ive got a 5 month old at home and i hope he grows up and loves this game as much as i do.

Well another one of my sons broke 90 the other day. He shot an 87 on a very difficult course. Im very proud of him. he has been playing for about a year and is 18 years old.

2 down 2 to go.

My 9yr old has his first lesson tomorrow. Time for him to start listening and doing what he is being told to

As a kid(turning 20 next month) I have played since I was 10 but played baseball through little league and also high school(regret not playing golf looking back at it) and I can say that me and my dad played serious all of last year and this coming year I have my eyes on a few qualifiers and tourneys here in the state. I am looking to transfer to another college to play golf, just had a session with the head coach last Thursday and said I could play with them) in which I have always loved golf and love playing it. My brother who likes golf as well but rarely gets to play so his game suffers from it.

This is what I've decided to do this and next year. I've abandoned baseball, a sport I still like, and am focusing on golf. My dad never played much, maybe 4 or 5 times a year if we were lucky, has now got a renewed interest in the game that I love. He's bought a few new clubs (considering his driver was on an edition of THROWBACK THURSDAY) and has already played 4 times this year. Playing with a parent or grandparent is great. Good luck

Just back from my lads first lesson, we know what he is doing wrong now so just need to get him to hit down on the ball more as he is too shallow at the moment. Hitting the range in the morning to get him to practice this

I wish I'd started at a younger age. Definitely a lifetime gift you're giving these youngsters

The most enjoyable summer of my life was the first summer my daughter decided to get serious about golf. We played daily, usually we were the dew sweepers, sometimes alone, sometimes with others, and always had a great time. She became a good golfer and still is. The next summer, she began to focus on academics and now is an engineer with a busy schedule but every now and then, we still can slip out to the golf course where life becomes simple again like those wonderful days of summer ten years ago.

The most enjoyable summer of my life was the first summer my daughter decided to get serious about golf. We played daily, usually we were the dew sweepers, sometimes alone, sometimes with others, and always had a great time. She became a good golfer and still is. The next summer, she began to focus on academics and now is an engineer with a busy schedule but every now and then, we still can slip out to the golf course where life becomes simple again like those wonderful days of summer ten years ago.

From the scores you posted for the last 3 days she had a great teacher. My girls had no interest in any type of sports so I envy you. I know you look forward to those trips to the links together.

Our 7yr olds first tournament is this coming Monday. I'm taking the day off to be her caddy. Fortunately, tee times are at 7:30am, when it's cooler. She's fired up about winning a trophy.

The tourney's for her age group are 9-holes with a max score of 9. I don't know yet were the tees for her age group will be. So, we've been playing from about 100 out on holes longer than that.

Last month, we played this course and she shot 73. Her tourney score would've been 68. Yesterday, on the same course, I think her gross was 65, and her tourney score would've been a 62. Once we get rid of the whiffs, she'll easily drop 5-10 shots.

The funniest thing about her golf, and this must be some human survival instinct thing, is that she usually plays a pink ball. But, on "water holes" she want to use a white ball. LOL!

I am attempting to teach the game to my 16 yr old daughter and 11 yr old grandson. Both will start the First Tee program next month. First Tee not only teaches golf but life lessons such as honesty and leardership. It's a fantastic program.

Just signed my daughter and I up for a Fathers Day tournament

Our 7yr olds first tournament is this coming Monday. I'm taking the day off to be her caddy. Fortunately, tee times are at 7:30am, when it's cooler. She's fired up about winning a trophy.

The tourney's for her age group are 9-holes with a max score of 9. I don't know yet were the tees for her age group will be. So, we've been playing from about 100 out on holes longer than that.

Last month, we played this course and she shot 73. Her tourney score would've been 68. Yesterday, on the same course, I think her gross was 65, and her tourney score would've been a 62. Once we get rid of the whiffs, she'll easily drop 5-10 shots.

The funniest thing about her golf, and this must be some human survival instinct thing, is that she usually plays a pink ball. But, on "water holes" she want to use a white ball. LOL!

That is awesome.

Good luck to her and let us know how she does.

My almost 17 month old just got her first set of plastic golf clubs this past weekend. Hopefully she'll take up the sport a lot sooner than I did.

My eldest son had his second lesson today, has improved no ends. At the end they have a little competition where they are scored. Last week he got 11. This week he got 21 out of 26 and won :D

Today he was hitting it from the floor for the entire lesson.

Won't be long before he is going out onto a course for the first time

My father in law bought a set of clubs for my son for his second B-Day. Initially he didn't see to interested so they were put into the attic. A while later we were in the attic and he asks me "what are these"? I told him golf clubs and in classic kid fashion he followed with "what are golf clubs"? Rather than play 20 questions, I told him I would show him and out to the front yard we went. I showed him ow to grip the club and the basic back and through motion gave him a ball and stood behind him with my old Motorola camera phone ready to go. 1st swing he launches a real golf ball over the hedges and towards the neighbors yard...about 30 yards away... my response "holy s%@t!!". It's been down hill ever since. He's 6 now and loves the game. I have a net and launch monitor with club fitting software, teaching video software and a driving range program set up in the garage. He loves seeing how far he can hit it. This pic is him at the driving range when he was 3. He'd hit a large bucket and then want more. Gotta love it!
View attachment 2707

At Minerals Golf Club in Vernon New Jersey they have Family Golf: http://www.crystalgolfresort.com/Golf/FamilyGolf.aspx

It is a pretty cool idea. It is an executive course and every hole has 2 holes on it. 1 is a normal pin, the other is a yellow (family golf) pin with a much bigger cup. They have the family golf carts and it is $79 for a foursome, $63 for a threesome and $45 for a two some. It is a really great idea.

My father in law bought a set of clubs for my son for his second B-Day. Initially he didn't see to interested so they were put into the attic. A while later we were in the attic and he asks me "what are these"? I told him golf clubs and in classic kid fashion he followed with "what are golf clubs"? Rather than play 20 questions, I told him I would show him and out to the front yard we went. I showed him ow to grip the club and the basic back and through motion gave him a ball and stood behind him with my old Motorola camera phone ready to go. 1st swing he launches a real golf ball over the hedges and towards the neighbors yard...about 30 yards away... my response "holy s%@t!!". It's been down hill ever since. He's 6 now and loves the game. I have a net and launch monitor with club fitting software, teaching video software and a driving range program set up in the garage. He loves seeing how far he can hit it. This pic is him at the driving range when he was 3. He'd hit a large bucket and then want more. Gotta love it!
View attachment 2707

Very cool. Pretty good form in that pic!

Back