Golf Pride VDR grips

I use the NDMCs because I think they work great in humid places. I would think that the VDRs wouldn't hold up well in humid places being non-cord.

I found the exact opposite, I thought the cord got slick when I was playing in florida.

Hey guys, haven't had the chance to swing a club with these grips...but just looking at them in the store I don't really see the difference in these and a regular tour velvet grip. Can you feel the difference when you swing?

It feels more textured than Tour Velvets. I think the base design is off of TV's but if you look closer there are more striations and ridges that are gouged on the rubber compound which also feels a tad firmer than the TV's.

How did the white color hold up? Did they start getting brown or do you clean them?

I'll be posting pics soon on these. And no I still haven't wiped them down.

I use the NDMCs because I think they work great in humid places. I would think that the VDRs wouldn't hold up well in humid places being non-cord.

I found the exact opposite, I thought the cord got slick when I was playing in florida.

Exactly what I found. For some weird reason (I think it's because it's so firm) the rubber compound starts slicking up in high humidity.

That has also been my experience with corded grips. They work well the first couple times in the humidity but they become very slick.

I wish they offered the white VDRs in a midsize.

Does anybody have an idea as to how many wraps it takes to get to a midsize grip?

That has also been my experience with corded grips. They work well the first couple times in the humidity but they become very slick.

Does anybody have an idea as to how many wraps it takes to get to a midsize grip?

4-5 but I wouldn't recommend it. I installed the black grips with white stripes in midsize with two wraps of tape and they look great and feel amazing.

I wouldn't recommend it either. I'd stick to black for now and hope they come out with a midsize. I know that this is their first year out and hopefully they'll be popular enough that they would come out with a midsize for the other colors.

4-5 but I wouldn't recommend it. I installed the black grips with white stripes in midsize with two wraps of tape and they look great and feel amazing.

I wouldn't recommend it either. I'd stick to black for now and hope they come out with a midsize. I know that this is their first year out and hopefully they'll be popular enough that they would come out with a midsize for the other colors.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Sounds like a plan. I have fresh TVs on my clubs from this winter. Next year I hope they offer some midsize color options!

How did the white color hold up? Did they start getting brown or do you clean them?
White does not hold up if you have a smaller bag and other clubs with black grips. The white look really dirty now, thats why I went with blue now.
6. I don't know why the other guys don't recommend it, but I would. They've held up very nice with the extra tape, but I will redo them next season because I have a feeling the stretching will make them wear faster. They don't feel any different to me with the extra tape underneath.

One thing I have noticed with different shafts are the ends of the shaft aren't the same size and therefore the number of wraps to get to midsize will change depending on the shaft. I had this issue with an Aldila shaft that needed more tape to get it to the size I wanted in the feel department.

Spanks, great review.

I use these grips now (blue) and I love them. Like other folks have mentioned, similar feel to tour velvet but with more texture.

I used them at the THP Outing in Florida weather and they were great (no slipping, even with some sweat). I've also used them in some Seattle rain, and again...awesome grips.

For the money, I couldn't be happier. Try them, I think you'll like them...and they look great too.

Spanks, great review.

I use these grips now (blue) and I love them. Like other folks have mentioned, similar feel to tour velvet but with more texture.

I used them at the THP Outing in Florida weather and they were great (no slipping, even with some sweat). I've also used them in some Seattle rain, and again...awesome grips.

For the money, I couldn't be happier. Try them, I think you'll like them...and they look great too.

after 2 rounds, im really liking these grips, and i never been a fan of gp! guess i am now lol

after 2 rounds, im really liking these grips, and i never been a fan of gp! guess i am now lol

Neither was I Matty (I was always a Lamkin guy before) until these. Great to hear.

Ok...stop saying good things about these. I don't need an excuse to replace my new NDMCs :)

I've beed playing the VDR's for a while now. They come stock on the MPT 11 wedges, although they're monotone in color. White ones will be going on my next set of irons.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

So are the Mizuno M-21 grips the VDR then? That's what are on my JPX-800s and I love them so far.

So are the Mizuno M-21 grips the VDR then? That's what are on my JPX-800s and I love them so far.

I think that's the case. The difference is the Mizzy grip is monotone black where the aftermarket ones are dual colored.

Great, I was looking at those guess I don't have to worry about it now. :smile:

Alright, I'm thinking the red VDR's would look great on my newly purchased Di11's. Seems like everyone using these grips is really enjoying them.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm thinking the red VDR's would look great on my newly purchase Di11's. Seems like everyone using these grips is really enjoying them.

That would look good SF

i am pretty positive the VDR's are not the same as the Mizuno M-21, but i may be wrong. the M-21's are slightly more soft and so not have the extra "3 depths of surface" that the VDR's have, i believe.

I just don't understand why the black and white VDRs have a blue cap. It would completely throw off my color scheme :)

i am pretty positive the VDR's are not the same as the Mizuno M-21, but i may be wrong. the M-21's are slightly more soft and so not have the extra "3 depths of surface" that the VDR's have, i believe.

Maybe texturally they're different (they do feel a bit softer) but it's the same design. It has all the ridges that the VDR's have. It's just all one color so it's hard to tell just by looking at a picture.

I just don't understand why the black and white VDRs have a blue cap. It would completely throw off my color scheme :)

Just put some white VDR's on my irons and am really liking them. Mine have a black "cap" on top, never seen the blue on white, but the black cap doesnt throw off the look at all. No problems with dirt or scuffs yet either which was a big concern for me going with the whites.

It is kinda funny that the black one is the only one with a different color cap (blue) than the rest (black). I actually like the blue grip but other than the Mizzy's, I find it hard to match up with any irons out there. I'm trying to decide which color I should go with with the Razr X Tours. Should I go white or red?

Just put some white VDR's on my irons and am really liking them. Mine have a black "cap" on top, never seen the blue on white, but the black cap doesnt throw off the look at all. No problems with dirt or scuffs yet either which was a big concern for me going with the whites.

It's the black ones with the blue cap, not the white. Just strange to me.

golf-pride-vdr-black-tp_9072236015815211200b.png

It's the black ones with the blue cap, not the white. Just strange to me.

golf-pride-vdr-black-tp_9072236015815211200b.png

Those in midsize are what I have on my wedges, Woods and hybrids right now, and I don't mind the blue cap, sure I"d rather it was black or white but no big deal really.

Back