Believe it or Not.....

No_Three_Jacks

Amateur around scratch
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok so what im about to tell you is going to be very hard to believe. By my best knowledge I have never met any of you. So my credibility with you can't be that great, but the story is so amazing that Ive actually been debating whether or not to tell THP. I know that there might be some "haters" out there who don't believe me and I totally understand.

Last Friday I took half a day off from work to play in a big skins game at my new club. My good friend is also a member at that club and decided to play as well. This game is amazing in the fact that all of the players are really good. 20 players and the worst handicap is a 5.2 (which is my friend). We had city champions, club champions, nationwide tour players, +5 handicappers, former champions tour player, an LSU golf teamer, etc. My friend calls me the night before to tell me that he plans on playing in the game with me but plans on "just having a good time". I ask why such the ho hum attitude. He says "well lets be honest, Im not gonna get a skin." "Do you have a clue about the quality of players playing?" And this my friends were my exact words "Dude, can I tell you whats gonna happen?" "Your gonna be nervous and shoot like 82 or 83 but you'll hole out from the fairway for eagle and get a skin." "In fact I bet it'll be on number 4." That comment was good enough to get a laugh out of him. And I honestly thought nothing of it once I said it. So friday comes and we meet at the course. After hitting balls we are putting with a good friend of ours who won the 2010 city championship. I told this guy about how my friend will make his money for the day. We all three have a good laugh about the prediction. When the round begins I forgot about the prediction and was grinding on my own game. The city champ, my friend, and I played with another guy whos a pro so that was our group. We get to number 4 and my friend hooks his ball right and its headed OB but catches a FW bunker and stays in bounds. He's in jail under a tree and decides to hood a 4 iron and punch it towards the green. We are all in the fairway watching as we have all forgot about the prediction. He hits the 4 iron punch and it rolls toward the green with some pace but appeared as though it would be short on the fringe. It keeps rolling tho...riding the slope toward the hole. In my head im like "no way". I yell "get in!". 1 second later the ball disappears....BUCKET! 178 yd hole out. He throws his hat in air and the other 2 guys are watching in disbelief. I point at him and yell "I told you, I told you!" Well needless to say, that shot was a skin and won him 100.00 even. The people in my group had everyone in the club house bar and grill rolling at the whole story. It was one of the coolest/strangest things ive ever done.

Oh and by the way. He shot 82 :laugh:

I completely believe you. Crazy things happen in this crazy game, and crazier things have happened I'm sure (none that I know of). That is an amazing story that you guys will be able to share the rest of your lives. So cool. Thank you for sharing.

Did you buy a lottery ticket after the round? :D

That's a great story!!!

I completely believe you. Crazy things happen in this crazy game, and crazier things have happened I'm sure (none that I know of). That is an amazing story that you guys will be able to share the rest of your lives. So cool. Thank you for sharing.

Did you buy a lottery ticket after the round? :D

Exactly. Give me some Powerball numbers please. Haha. Congrats to your buddy too.

lol thats nuts, i have had some strange predictions like that happen before but never with golf.

I like the story N_T_J, and I absolutely have no reason to not believe this, like JC stated, "Crazy things happen in this crazy game, and crazier things have happened I'm sure (none that I know of)." That is a cool lifetime memory you and your buddy made.

Stranger things have happened, so why wouldn't I believe it?

Great story !

That is one crazy story.

So what will be the lottery numbers this week for powerball.

Oh, and I may need to borrow you for my next trip to Vegas.

No_Three_Jacks, here is what I need you to say: "You know Kevin, Valerie Bertinelli is gonna dump that guy she just married and is gonna fall head over heels in love with you."

Dude that's freakin insane! Awesome story

I hope he at least bought you a drink at the 19th hole

Amazing story! Golf is unpredictable.

Wow - that's crazy! Texas lottery numbers for Wednesday night please?? :)

Sent from my Tapatalk!

Great story.....

That is a really great story!

Great story, loved it. By the end I found myself pulling for him, lol

Tap,Tap,Tap

Back