What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 75 on Sunday. My best round ever. 39-36. Three putted the first par 5 for bogey and doubled the ninth. Missed a few makable putts on both sides. Was really happy how I drove the ball except for the ninth. Hopefully I can keep this up and keep improving. We'll see how I do in the 9 hole tournament tonight.

Good score! Way to go!

Shot a 75 on Sunday. My best round ever. 39-36. Three putted the first par 5 for bogey and doubled the ninth. Missed a few makable putts on both sides. Was really happy how I drove the ball except for the ninth. Hopefully I can keep this up and keep improving. We'll see how I do in the 9 hole tournament tonight.

That's awesome!! Congratulations.

If my numbers are correct, that is playing BOGEY GOLF my friend! Not too shabby lol

oh it was plenty shabby... plenty indeed

today i played the back 9
double
single
triple
double
par par par par par
hitting cannons today to very badddd spots with impossible lies to recover from
one foot in bunker other out with ball hanging on the grass edge
sticker bush got in the way of backswings
overhanging branches had me bailing out sideways/backwards etc etc etc
1st 4 holes were crazy and i couldnt channel seve or phil at all
last 5 holes i played "boring" golf... fir gir 2 putt... maybe i shoulda tried that in the beginning

I shot 81 today (40,41). I'm happy with my ball striking and I'm definitely making less 3 putts these days. It shows in my scores. Our bermuda greens are so slow right now because of our Superintendent isn't cutting them low because of the drought going on in our area.

Great score KB

Finally my game is coming back to where it should be. Had a little hiccup on the final 4 holes of the front nine. Shot 77 with one birdie. Now it's time to go low.

solid round, congrats!

Shot a 39 tonight in the Monday nine tournament. Played good except for few shots that were a little loose. The best part of the round was sinking a 15 ft downhill left to right putt that won us the tournament!

almost shot myself. having to work on such a great day, sucks

Nothing worth bragging about... just came off a stretch of golf that was the best i'd ever played and now i'm lost. Out of no where and nothing has changed, just in a rut and looking for a way out.

Congrats on your PB, butters!

Shot a 39 tonight in the Monday nine tournament. Played good except for few shots that were a little loose. The best part of the round was sinking a 15 ft downhill left to right putt that won us the tournament!

nice, way to step up!

Played a quick nine last night on a course I had never played at my stop (three 9s) - started off with a double and thought 'here we go', but I pulled it together and got a stretch of pars going along with another double. Was sitting at 40 on the last hole - a pretty standard par 4; some trouble on the left and right but makable with an iron off and in. Of course I hit it long and it drew too much to the deep stuff, two shots later I'm chipping and I leave with a triple for a 47. Not disappointed at all, just need to keep my hands going through so fast to get rid of the that and my course management on the last hole wasn't the best.

I love this game!

That's terrific, congrats on your best round! Quite a finishing 9 to do it as well. I sure bet that was a lot fun!

Shot an 82 on Sunday. Started with a double bogey, thought I was going to be in for a long day, then finally got it going. Best and worst hole of the day was the par 5 #14, great tee shot, 225 yard hybrid shot to the green, then a dreaded 3 putt for par.

I had a good opportunity to break 80 for the first time ever, but couldnt get it done. Still excited for the 82, as it's the lowest I have shot so far this season.
Sounds like you are closer to breaking 80 than you think. Keep it up!

I've never broken 90 but now I will soon after my nine yesterday. I actually started off birdie-birdie before getting on a double-bogey train for 5 consecutive holes, then rallied, and finished with a 46. Doesn't sound like much but I missed a lot of makeable bogey putts and I could have been 3-4 lower.

I've never broken 90 but now I will soon after my nine yesterday. I actually started off birdie-birdie before getting on a double-bogey train for 5 consecutive holes, then rallied, and finished with a 46. Doesn't sound like much but I missed a lot of makeable bogey putts and I could have been 3-4 lower.

Sounds like my round yesterday - left three birdie putts on the table with tap ins for par. Same with a few par putts.

Round.png

Best round of the year for me so far

Thanks, after the way the found started I didn't expect to shoot what I did

I was at work this AM and my boss came in and told me they needed me to play in the Chamber of Commerce tournament. He told me he would cover the pro shop for me so I ran and got my bag and shoes real quick. Had a blast out there, tournament fee was paid for and I ended up playing with my son and one other guy who only plays once a year. We shot -22 (with 30 ft string and no mulligans) in a 4 man scramble with only 3 people and no extra shots allowed for the missing person. We had a huge lunch, won a nice gift card to a local restaurant, and Ole Gray even won $115 in the ball drop contest.

My driver was great today and it helped a lot from the red tees. The only bad drive I had was on the hole with the longest drive. I tried to kill it and completely topped it. We cracked up because I had been hitting it so good all day.

Just another day of life in good ole Gray, GA. :)

shot a 44 today, was pretty ugly, driver was off except on the first hole, scrambled and chipped well

Didn't really keep score - just figuring out the course with a friend ; both of us cart jockeys at said course. Anyway had the jitters real bad for the first two holes, calmed down and played well with some pars and bogeys. However, after 10 or so holes, I started to get my draw back on accident and that got me a bit bummed. I don't know if it's a tight grip, closed clubface, or just fast hands. I'll go to the range before my round tomorrow to see what's up but I know it'll be gone and I'll be hitting nice cuts and straight balls again. Ugh

86. Was mister two putt, 36 putts and all two putts with literally 6 of them being within 4 inches when I took the second putt. A day of what could have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another 39 yesterday with two 3 putt pars on par 5's. I didn't really play that well. One hole I topped a 4 iron about 20 yards just infront of a lake. I had about a 200 yard carry over the lake. I was in fescue but my ball was propped up a tiny bit. I crushed this 5 wood about 230 onto the green and 2 putted for par.

Another 39 yesterday with two 3 putt pars on par 5's. I didn't really play that well. One hole I topped a 4 iron about 20 yards just infront of a lake. I had about a 200 yard carry over the lake. I was in fescue but my ball was propped up a tiny bit. I crushed this 5 wood about 230 onto the green and 2 putted for par.

Keep at it and you should be where you want to be shortly.

Always a silver lining somewhere to lift your spirits. Keep digging!

--
tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back