Big Break - Indian Wells [Spoilers]

Shank sure buffalo'd the marine, sitting there grinning away like he had blackjack. It's all about your mental game

The Marine came off much more sympathetically tonight I think. Much less of a boorish cliche.

And now he's gone. Some good head games by Carl and Beershins in the blackjack game. That was a cool contest. Was this the first time we got to see Kent play a hole? I think he has the game.

Kevin

Shank is classic... the stuff that comes out of his mouth... at least what I can understand is priceless

Shank is definitely a character, using a borrowed putter from the club house and forgetting his 3-wood in the hotel. Finally got to see last weeks episode this week and thank god Justin is gone he really went over the top in that episode.

Good, Marine is gone. He seemed like a good guy tonight though.

Good, Marine is gone. He seemed like a good guy tonight though.

He did. They edit to make them look how they want them to look.

Kevin

Shanks is my favorite right now, I'm disliking Will, he is way cocky! I wish they showed more golf and less commercial breaks though.

Shanks is my favorite right now, I'm disliking Will, he is way cocky! I wish they showed more golf and less commercial breaks though.

Good luck with that!

Will, Carl, and Shank are definitely my favorite three.

Marine did seem like a good dude.

Glad to see I wasnt the only one who saw it. I wanted that jarhead off the show from week one and finally when he seemed somewhat descent, he sits on his bayonette and gets sent home. Getting tired of Kent and his mouth, boy does have game. Though he seems a little dry, I like David's game. Guy sticks it close from all over the place during immunity challenge. I thought Shanks was playing up the southern sterotype for the camera's, but i think that's just how he is, I don't think he know how to be anything but himself. Oren seems to be getting into his groove even with that awful swing. Will is getting a bit arrogant and I can't quite put my finger on it, but i think carl is playing a head game way above the rest's level.

I totally appreciate what our service men and women do for us but did anyone get the vibe that Russel was the biggest doofus in the world. I mean who hits on 18 in black jack! Good for Shank applying the poker face.

Glad to see I wasnt the only one who saw it. I wanted that jarhead off the show from week one and finally when he seemed somewhat descent, he sits on his bayonette and gets sent home. Getting tired of Kent and his mouth, boy does have game. Though he seems a little dry, I like David's game. Guy sticks it close from all over the place during immunity challenge. I thought Shanks was playing up the southern sterotype for the camera's, but i think that's just how he is, I don't think he know how to be anything but himself. Oren seems to be getting into his groove even with that awful swing. Will is getting a bit arrogant and I can't quite put my finger on it, but i think carl is playing a head game way above the rest's level.

That is exactly what I saw too. Ken.... I think if someone punched him before the show is over Id feel much better. And good call on Shanks, totally played it up and they ate it up.

I kind of liked last nights episode. I thought the blackjack challenge was pretty cool. Shank has a poker face like I do, he was all smiles. I thought it was a matter of time before Russel was knocked off. I did like how they all stood around and thanked him for everything he has done for the country. I thought that was a good sendoff for him.

I kind of liked last nights episode. I thought the blackjack challenge was pretty cool. Shank has a poker face like I do, he was all smiles. I thought it was a matter of time before Russel was knocked off. I did like how they all stood around and thanked him for everything he has done for the country. I thought that was a good sendoff for him.

I thought that was cool too. Russel seemed like a good guy last night where in the first episode he seemed a little like a jerk. Quite a contrast between last nights and when that jerk from last weeks got kicked off. Throwing clubs and talking smack the whole way.

I totally appreciate what our service men and women do for us but did anyone get the vibe that Russel was the biggest doofus in the world. I mean who hits on 18 in black jack! Good for Shank applying the poker face.

When the card you can get is up to your personal skill level and you think the house (or competition) has higher than you, I would hit on 18.

When the card you can get is up to your personal skill level and you think the house (or competition) has higher than you, I would hit on 18.

Agreed. Though when you do take that next shot you gotta do something with it. Not leave it 10 yards short of the grid... I really think there ahve been more bonehead shots this year than in season past. I mena every year has them but how many people ahve we seen this year hitting drives way off the hole already? Not to mention some ugly wedges and lets not forget Floyd's bunker shots:excruciating:

Sooooooo, yea, I appreciate that Russell is a Marine and what he does for our country, but I'm not sorry to see him go. I will say that he seemed like less of a tool last night. Although, during the initial elimination challenge, after saying he was wagering the maximum bet, I fully expected him to say "because this is the time to fix bayonets, and I am going to stab you now."

Followed by an on air stabbing, ambulances, a lot of cussing, etc.

Current favorites, its hard to say since we've weeded out some of the bigger D-bags. Carl and Shanks are still my favorite nice guys. In fact, Shanks is just kind of hilarious. If Will keeps his short game hot, he could win it all. I know, he has a weird grip, but hey, look at Tommy Two Gloves.

Russel definitely cooled off a lot from the first couple of shows, but maybe that was a lot of made for TV drama.
Like I said last week, once he got a taste of elimination, he came back down to Earth a little bit.
In the end, it was poor shot execution that sent him home. - I think he made the right choice to hit on 18 as well. He had already hit a '3' with his first shot, so he thought it was no issue to hit it again, but he just played it too short.

David should've never been in the elim. challenge to begin with, he messed up in the first match and got unlucky vs. Carl, losing 20 to 21 in blackjack.
But he executed some well played shots, with a stroke adv. in the final elim. challenge vs. Russel.

Only talent remains now. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of great shots/matches/suspense in the coming episodes...

But man...that Tom Abbott is such a chode! When does he go home?

I've become a fan of Carl and David. Carl is just out of his mind with the head game. David has a very good looking swing and I feel like he is the underdog you want to root for.

Can't say I'm not glad to see Russel go, he'll be fixin' bayonets somewhere else now.

Shank is classic... the stuff that comes out of his mouth... at least what I can understand is priceless

Yeah - what did he say the fairway was tighter than? I swore it was something like, "tighter than David huruhrhmpmutter..." No idea and we rewound it a few times.

Yeah - what did he say the fairway was tighter than? I swore it was something like, "tighter than David huruhrhmpmutter..." No idea and we rewound it a few times.

What he actually said was, "It was tighter than Dick's hatband" which is a saying my Grandfather and my Dad use. That's the only reason why I caught it....

Looked it up and found this, "According to "WikiAnswers," the phrase "tighter than Dick's hat band" is an old Southern expression referring to a person who is tight with their money (i.e., a miser). The source notes that his father (born in 1910) told him it had been around as long as he could remember. No one seems to know the origins."

Looks like it doesn't really apply to fairways but still funny nonetheless...

Shank's gotta win. Imagine the pros playing with him at the Zurich Open, they'll never hit a good shot. They'll be too busy laughing at his phrases......

I agree DVR is the only way to watch the show.

Back