Old drivers that stil rock

I've got one that is old for me...Bought a Ping K15 last fall and STILL have it! Might be a record for me...:golf2:

My buddy plays with a TaylorMade R5 stock shaft, and absolutely crushes it. That club must be what - 7 years old? I don't think he's even changed the grip!

I think I know that guy... Just kidding, a good friend of mine plays an R5 or 580, with the grip worn thru to the shaft & hits it a mile. He swings out of his shoes & and it is just as likely to end up 4 holes to the right or left as it is 300 yards in the appropriate fairway...

Think about all the great drivers that have come out in the last 5 years. The used bins at local golf retailers are becoming a great place to find a true gem.

exactly, I miss my 07 burner, wish I hadnt traded it in

not that old, but I hit a Dibalo Edge Tour last night and LOVED it... Currently scouring EBAY

I have a 10* Calloway Steelhead with a steel shaft that can knock a ball out there.

titleist 975j 7.5!! Missles galore

I've been through 4 or 5 newer drivers. I still keep going back to my HiBore XL. It's just so high and straight. I wish I could get some roll out of it.

I've been through 4 or 5 newer drivers. I still keep going back to my HiBore XL. It's just so high and straight. I wish I could get some roll out of it.

Loudest driver ever!

I tried my old Callaway Hawk Eye last year....it doesn't rock. Old for me isn't 4-6 years. I am thinking 8 years or older and nothing from back then can touch anything current. A 4 year old stock driver isn't ground breakingly different from what is on the racks now IMO. Exceptions would be current drivers with premium shafts.

Currently using a Titleist 975D. Very solid and long for me. Smaller head has less room for error in my case.

A couple I wish I still had are the TM 360 driver, the TM Titanium with the dark copper head and the 07 Burner. But I am very happy with my R9!

A couple I wish I still had are the TM 360 driver, the TM Titanium with the dark copper head and the 07 Burner. But I am very happy with my R9!

I just recently replaced my TM 360 driver. It's out of the bag, but I still held onto it. I think the trade in value for it is around $15.

I still have an R7 425 TP w/stiff GD PM702 shaft that I'll throw in the bag from time to time. Also have an R7 Limited TP w/x-flex stock Whiteboard. I haven't played that club in a while but it was the longest I've ever hit. Then, and now.

Also have an R540 XD that is the most accurate driver I've ever hit. 12* and built to just under 44", it's nearly as accurate as a FW off the tee. Just, not very long.

For those of you as old as I am you will remember the original Taylormade Burner (c1985 I think). The one with dimples on the outside and sporting a gold graphite/boron shaft.

Found mine lurking in the bag of odds & ends in attic last week. The head is marginally bigger than the ball but it certainly smacks the ball out there. Not as long as modern gear I grant you but in its day it was like using a canon compared to the persimmon heads.

Ping G2. I handed this down to my brother and it is almost as long as the TM Superdeep.

I personally liked the original R9 driver as well as anything. Very solid driver with adjustable head. It is the granddaddy of the new tech drivers.

I would buy an 07 burner if I could find one in great shape

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

A few months ago I was paired with someone who had the TM Burner Bubble driver. I hit it on the 18th hole and the ball went just as far as my drive with the 910. I loved that driver

Probably. Love the thing

My Dad gave me a TM 540XD (if I remember the model # correctly) that I played for months and really liked. I gave it back to him when I got my Nickent driver.

Now I wish I hadn't.....

+ 1 for the TM 540XD

Back