Tiger not Playing US Open

ESPN will STILL do entire segments on Tiger :-(

The bigger question now looms, NOW how many still think he catches and passes Jack's major total?

I say, no chance at all now.

I won't say no chance but with his perceived invincibility gone it will be 1,000x more difficult.

At this point I think he should probably take the rest of the year off.

More time to hang out at Perkin's

This was a popular topic. Three threads made within a minute of each other!

Guess I won't be sportin' the Tiger's Back avatar for a while.

ESPN will STILL do entire segments on Tiger :-(

The bigger question now looms, NOW how many still think he catches and passes Jack's major total?

I say, no chance at all now.

I think he is going to retire before he ever wins another, possibly before end of this year...

Best thing he could do for himself.....

I think he is going to retire before he ever wins another, possibly before end of this year...

Oh man, I hope not. Economies around the world are suffering as it is. Take Tiger out of the global mix, and we could see a worldwide depression.

Kevin

I think this is good for Tiger, but bad for golf. Tiger still draws large ratings and accordingly, $$$.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think this?

+1, I'd be quite surprised if that happens, why would he even made the decision and announcement about his agent.

Not surprised. These past few months has shown everyone that the PGA doesn't need Tiger to be successful.

+1, I'd be quite surprised if that happens, why would he even made the decision and announcement about his agent.

I'm pretty sure a UN Peacekeeping Force would have to step in and force him to play. There's too much at stake.

Kevin

Soooooo......Tiger's back!

Oh well. I will root for bubba instead.

If the best surgeon(s) (i would think he would have gone to the best) can't put his knee together so it lasts more than a few tourney's how bad must that knee be? I think it is beyond the point of repair for him to ever return to form...just my opinion i could be wrong...

don't care. I've become so disgusted with his attitude that I don't care to see him take another swing. I'd rather pull for Rory Sabatini

I doubt seriously that we'll see him playing before the British Open

I agree here. I think with the last 3 majors packed somewhat closely together, my mentality would be sit this one out, rest up, get right for the last 2. if the us open would have been earlier by a couple weeks or, there be more time in between the Open and PGA, it would've come out sooner. Why risk more damage now, and be certain to be out for the last 2 of the year, as opposed to healing up now, and getting it together for the last 2.

Being a Tiger fan, if he retired this year I'd be more than shocked. I see him going all artificial knee or amputation before that happens.

flame away!

great, maybe now some of the golfers that are actually playing well will get discussed

we're all assuming that he's actually really hurt. His game is terrible. I think he's b*tching out! He's not even a shadow of his former sell when it comes to his golf game.

I agree here. I think with the last 3 majors packed somewhat closely together, my mentality would be sit this one out, rest up, get right for the last 2. if the us open would have been earlier by a couple weeks or, there be more time in between the Open and PGA, it would've come out sooner. Why risk more damage now, and be certain to be out for the last 2 of the year, as opposed to healing up now, and getting it together for the last 2.

Being a Tiger fan, if he retired this year I'd be more than shocked. I see him going all artificial knee or amputation before that happens.

flame away!

Artificial knees allow people to live a normal life after sports i don't know of anyone with a replacement who returned to the top of their game

If the best surgeon(s) (i would think he would have gone to the best) can't put his knee together so it lasts more than a few tourney's how bad must that knee be? I think it is beyond the point of repair for him to ever return to form...just my opinion i could be wrong...

Ok, like I said I'm just curious. My personal experience, shoulder, elbow, and wrist injury have left me feeling that any tendon, cartilage damage takes almost 6 mos to heal. Jumping back on it just aggravates it, or at best slows down any healing.

I'm pretty sure a UN Peacekeeping Force would have to step in and force him to play. There's too much at stake.

Kevin

Hah.. I love that "Golf needs TW idea to survive." He is fun to watch but watching Stricker on a tear was plenty of fun too, till the weather delay anyway.

His game is terrible. I think he's b*tching out!

Never! He's Tiger Freaking Woods you damn hillbilly. Tiger Freaking Woods. He rates up there with many of the greatest men to ever walk this Earth. Quitting is not an option for that type of man.

Kevin

Never! He's Tiger Freaking Woods you damn hillbilly. Tiger Freaking Woods. He rates up there with many of the greatest men to ever walk this Earth. Quitting is not an option for that type of man.

Kevin

Oh my.

Well, until Chuck Norris starts playing golf I'll stop there.

Back