2012 Outing Q&A + Villa Videos

Thanks for the vids.. Looks great!! Cant wait to sign up

After reading some of the rate questions, I have another.

If we fly in Thursday (stay Thursday night, but do not golf, stay Sunday night, leave Monday morning, and are rooming), would we then each pay:
$99.50 + $207.50 + $207.50 + $99.50 ?

Or since we would be partaking in the demo day, would Thursday night's rate be $207.50?

You sort of have that correct. If you are splitting a double room with someone then the room rate is $199. However, that is not broken up between the two of you, meaning one person has to pay that rate and the other person would then have to pay them the $99.50. They reserve it as a PER ROOM rate not a per person rate. So 2 people can stay in that room, but one person will have to have it on their bill. Hopefully that makes sense.

For every night that you stay and you golf it's $207.50, for every night that you stay and don't golf it's $199.

If I were to come from NZ with my wife and daughter, and only me golfing we'd want a facility that we could maybe share with another similar family. Is that possible and if do what's the rate/deposit

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it's possible but you would need to find another family who wants to do the same because we have to request those a bit ahead of time. The price is also a bit different. I just got the pricing for families which is:

For a 2 bedroom Villa with Kitchen would be $369.00 per room (which is per family, per couple), per night and this includes one golf package. This includes two king bedrooms, living room, dinning room, kitchen and oversized patio.

You sort of have that correct. If you are splitting a double room with someone then the room rate is $199. However, that is not broken up between the two of you, meaning one person has to pay that rate and the other person would then have to pay them the $99.50. They reserve it as a PER ROOM rate not a per person rate. So 2 people can stay in that room, but one person will have to have it on their bill. Hopefully that makes sense.

For every night that you stay and you golf it's $207.50, for every night that you stay and don't golf it's $199.

Yes, it's possible but you would need to find another family who wants to do the same because we have to request those a bit ahead of time. The price is also a bit different. I just got the pricing for families which is:

For a 2 bedroom Villa with Kitchen would be $369.00 per room (which is per family, per couple), per night and this includes one golf package. This includes two king bedrooms, living room, dinning room, kitchen and oversized patio.

How much would it be if the villa included 2 golf packages? I ask because I can see two separate couples wanting to share a villa, and one person from each couple wanting to play golf.

How much would it be if the villa included 2 golf packages? I ask because I can see two separate couples wanting to share a villa, and one person from each couple wanting to play golf.

That is the price. It's $369 for the room with 1 golfer in that room. If both spouses are golfing then I would need to find out what that rate would be.

That is the price. It's $369 for the room with 1 golfer in that room. If both spouses are golfing then I would need to find out what that rate would be.

What if 1 couple will be there just for the outing, but the other couple will be there for a week, from say Wednesday to Tuesday? Does it remain $369 for the 1 couple in the villa?

I think we need to make a grid/spreadsheet of all the different possibilities (within reason) just to make this easier for GG, and teh resort.

Wow, I really like the villas!

What if 1 couple will be there just for the outing, but the other couple will be there for a week, from say Wednesday to Tuesday? Does it remain $369 for the 1 couple in the villa?

No. That is the tricky part about the villas. Both parties need to be in the villa in order to have use of the common area. If one couple wants to stay longer and the other one does then the couple staying longer can stay in their room but they lose the use of the common area. The cost at that time will either be $199 if no one is golfing or $299 if 1 person is golf golfing.

HAha I'm very confused. I know I'll probably get a villa- which consists of 4 rooms u say with a shared common room/kitchen.

Each room has a king bed.

So you could have 4 couples in one villa?

villas look awesome, cant wait for tomrorow!

From reading multiple posts it looks like most people who are going down alone are going to room with fellow THP'ers...will Grand Cypress have enough bedrooms with double beds as opposed to a king?

I have a similar question, if the villas are all 4 bedrooms and hold 8 people, do some of them have 2 beds in them? or is the "double" that you would share with say another THPer sometihng different than the villas?

GG,
Apologies if this has already been covered in another place, but here's my question. If I sign up, I would say right now that I would be coming down with my wife, who will not be golfing. However, with the outing being 11 months away, things could change between now and then in terms of her being able to come with me. In the event that she wouldn't be able to come down, would I be able to switch into a villa with a roommate, or get into one of the 4-bedroom villas with other people? Would you know how the pricing would change in that event? Thanks for all of the hard work that you are doing for this event!

here is the link for the Villa layouts at Grand Cypress:
http://www.grandcypress.com/accommodations/villas/

They are not quite right as the 4 room villa and 3 room villa links for the layouts are transposed.
Looks like DirtyDawg has got a good question..Hopefully they have enough Doubles for the non families...

I'm also interested in that quote. Considering if Nerfny and I came down we'd both be golfing.

HAha I'm very confused. I know I'll probably get a villa- which consists of 4 rooms u say with a shared common room/kitchen.

I think each room could have a King OR 2 doubles....
Thus the married folks could get a King and the individual THP'ers could have 2 Doubles....
Still 8 per 4 room villa....

I was looking for an overall layout that shows the relationship of the villas to the Restaurants to the Lounges to the courses....

Just wondering how far we will have to stagger....ahem...walk back to our rooms...

Everyone is getting a villa. Each Villas either has 2 bedrooms or 4 bedrooms. Those are the types of villas that have been blocked off for THP. So there are 4 rooms and each room can hold 2 people for a total of 8 people to a villa. The villas are done as either all king beds or all double beds. This means that a 4 bedroom king bed villa will most likely have 4 couples or potentially 4 singles (people who are rooming along at the $299 rate), or a mix of couples and singles. Assuming that only the spouse is golfing then the rate for that king room is $299/night. If both parties are golfing then the room for that couple would be $415/night. Now this isn't to say a couple couldn't take a double bed room if that's what they want. But no matter how you break down the numbers each of those villas can hold 8 people.

From reading multiple posts it looks like most people who are going down alone are going to room with fellow THP'ers...will Grand Cypress have enough bedrooms with double beds as opposed to a king?

Yes, they will definitely have enough villas for both. See above for the breakdown.

Will there be biscuits and gravy for breakfast at this outing?

LOL, I will make sure we find you some. :smile:

I have a similar question, if the villas are all 4 bedrooms and hold 8 people, do some of them have 2 beds in them? or is the "double" that you would share with say another THPer sometihng different than the villas?

Yes, see first answer above.

GG,
Apologies if this has already been covered in another place, but here's my question. If I sign up, I would say right now that I would be coming down with my wife, who will not be golfing. However, with the outing being 11 months away, things could change between now and then in terms of her being able to come with me. In the event that she wouldn't be able to come down, would I be able to switch into a villa with a roommate, or get into one of the 4-bedroom villas with other people? Would you know how the pricing would change in that event? Thanks for all of the hard work that you are doing for this event!

You will have up until 45 days before the outing to change your reservations. So that will include the dates as well as the type of package (single or double). So yes, you can certainly make those changes if you need to and the money difference will be taken care of at that time as well.

I was looking for an overall layout that shows the relationship of the villas to the Restaurants to the Lounges to the courses....

Just wondering how far we will have to stagger....ahem...walk back to our rooms...

Everything is very close, well within walking distance. Plus all the villas, while spread apart, are still within walking distance and at the center of them all is the pool.

Ok, so its 415/per couple per night when both in the couple is golfing in the villas. Is there a non-villas option?

Its a villa complex. They have shuttles to take you everywhere 24 hours a day.
Tipping is suggested. :alien:

So, if I'm traveling alone should I automatically plan on getting a single..or do we come up with some way to group together solo's?

I am so glad you know exactly what is going on GG, I am not sure at all, I just think I am sending $299 to the resort tomorrow to reserve my spot for me and my non-golfing wife. We will get rooms worked out later if I understand all of this.

Back