Cast vs Forged - The Master Debate

I disagree with John, I can tell the difference between cast and forged about 80% of the time.

How you ask? I just look at the price tag.

Had an interesting talk with another club maker about this that had the same thoughts as JBH did. We are working to get him on the radio to talk more in detail about the cast vs forged thoughts and educate about the two processes and dispel some myths about the two that float around a lot.

Had an interesting talk with another club maker about this that had the same thoughts as JBH did. We are working to get him on the radio to talk more in detail about the cast vs forged thoughts and educate about the two processes and dispel some myths about the two that float around a lot.

Do you think people will actually listen to the facts or is it just one of those things that some will never accept?

Do you think people will actually listen to the facts or is it just one of those things that some will never accept?

The easy answer is probably a little of both. All we as a site can do is present facts and opinions from those with incredible knowledge.

The easy answer is probably a little of both. All we as a site can do is present facts and opinions from those with incredible knowledge.

I know it has to be one of those things that irks the heck out of you though when you have such blatant facts proving it and people still argue until they're blue in the face.

I know it has to be one of those things that irks the heck out of you though when you have such blatant facts proving it and people still argue until they're blue in the face.

It really doesnt. Our goal here is education and fun. Educated consumers are the ones that (for obvious reasons) make the smartest decisions.

I think some people will never accept the fact that a cast club can ever approach the feel of a forged club. Just wont happen for them.

Outstanding. I still have not been able to listen to the JH show, but now I can listen to both I guess.

Lots of master-debating going on in this thread ... :bulgy-eyes:

I don't think it will ever be accepted. Far too many people feel the need to justify why they play what they play.

Lots of master-debating going on in this thread ... :bulgy-eyes:

All it takes is some master-baiting and the forged junkies are ready to go!

I recently played in the DR with a rental set of R7's I enjoyed the overall feel but every club felt the same. I appreciate the weight and feel of my irons.

I prefer forged, and I think a well struck ball feels better with forged. However, I think the club makes the difference. If I played the right cast iron, I may get the same satisfaction I get from forged.

Ok, I agree, no difference in cast and forged, but, :mizuno: Grain Flow forged are just buttery soft!

Im not going to lie, I did laugh out loud at that last post. Whether it was a joke or not...hehe

I need to go to the OG school of smilie usage so there is not any misunderstandings.:D

I need to go to the OG school of smilie usage so there is not any misunderstandings.:D

No worries, I had a feeling...I think it was a buttery feeling as well.

So I think this has officially concluded. But does anyone think that they can tell a difference between 2 manufacturers? I feel like Callaway has a unique feel to it and I almost feel like I could tell the difference between a Cally and something else. This has nothing to do with cast or forged

So I think this has officially concluded. But does anyone think that they can tell a difference between 2 manufacturers? I feel like Callaway has a unique feel to it and I almost feel like I could tell the difference between a Cally and something else. This has nothing to do with cast or forged

I think manufacturers all have a very unique sound in some models.

I think manufacturers all have a very unique sound in some models.

Yeah I get sound and feel all mixed together. But I do love the whatever it is about Callaway irons. They just feel right to me

Lol. I don't know what it is. I think it's because I played the X-14's for a very long time. I just really got used to the feel/sound of them. So I went away from Callaway for a few years. I picked up the Razr X's and immediately felt that same feeling. I can't really say what it is other than it feels like a Callaway iron and I enjoy it.

Back