Callaway UPro MX GPS

I charged my unit on saturday in anticipation of using it on sunday. Once I took it off the charger the unit was locked up. I wound up having to pull the battery to get it to turn off. hopefully that was a one off issue and doesn't repeat itself.
I did get to use it on Sunday and I will say that overall I am happy with the unit. I've never used a handheld GPS before so I found myself a little distracted during the round but I can't blame the unit for that. I am sure that is only temporary. I have two issues with the unit. First, because I have thick fingers I had a hard time selecting the scorecard from the main menu. Once I had that up, I was able to put the information in relatively easy most of the time. The unit starts by selecting par for the hole and then if you did not make par you can either select the number you got or if it's really bad like the triple I had on 3, you can scroll down to find the number. I found this feature a little too sensitive. I will ahve to see if there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the scroll. The other feature I had an issue with was selecting go mode while in basic mode. if I jsut hit the mode button quickly nothing would happen and then if I held it the machine would go into power save mode. Maybe it was operator error but at this point I am not sure. Overall I liked the unit. It gave good distance readings as I would expect and I liked the feature of tracking the length of shots. I only did this on the tee with the driver and 3 wood. Maybe when I "know" the unit really well and I am not distracted I will do it for all my full shots. I guess time will tell. I am really looking forward to the website going live and checking out pro mode. I am playing in a tournament next week on an unfamiliar course and this is where I imagine this unit will really shine.

well support emailed me back, they said the battery should last 18-36 holes, and they are now sending me an extra battery!!

I must of missed this one but finally caught it. It is very nice unit. On the Video did you notice the name of the first golfer on the score.........Ok I'll tell you..... JB was the first name
Skimmer!

Thanks, bridges. That was a cool video and it looks like a great product.

On a side note, JB shot an 82? hahaha

yeah cant complain 1 bit, now they just gotta get the site going!!

There is an updated messge on the site. It sounds like they are getting close. I hope its before the 14th when I have the tourney.

From Callaway UPS MX Site:

[FONT=&quot]June 6, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dear valued UPRO MX user,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would like to give you another update on the status of the callawayuxplore.com web site and the availability of ProMode.

The development team worked through the weekend again and resolved several of our final testing items. We are making solid progress, but we need to complete some additional testing before I can set a go-live date for the site. Please know that we understand how important ProMode was in your decision to purchase upro mx. We are doing everything we can to bring the site up and enable that feature as soon as possible.

If you only recently purchased your upro mx, please see my update of May 27th with the offer of five (5) free Pro Mode courses and a summary of the key features that are available pre-loaded on your upro mx device.

If you haven’t already done so, please click here to submit your e-mail address to be notified when the site goes live. The serial number is a ten (10) digit number starting with the letter “A” and can be found on the box by the UPC code or under the battery cover.

[/FONT]

From Callaway UPS MX Site:

[FONT=&quot]June 6, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dear valued UPRO MX user,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would like to give you another update on the status of the callawayuxplore.com web site and the availability of ProMode.

The development team worked through the weekend again and resolved several of our final testing items. We are making solid progress, but we need to complete some additional testing before I can set a go-live date for the site. Please know that we understand how important ProMode was in your decision to purchase upro mx. We are doing everything we can to bring the site up and enable that feature as soon as possible.

If you only recently purchased your upro mx, please see my update of May 27th with the offer of five (5) free Pro Mode courses and a summary of the key features that are available pre-loaded on your upro mx device.

If you haven’t already done so, please click here to submit your e-mail address to be notified when the site goes live. The serial number is a ten (10) digit number starting with the letter “A” and can be found on the box by the UPC code or under the battery cover.

[/FONT]

I actually got that same email from them last week. In addition to the email, a Callaway representative called and left me a voice mail asking for me to call him back. I just got in touch with him today, and guess what, he gave me the unlimited package for free! Props to Callaway for stepping up and for the great customer service!

I actually got that same email from them last week. In addition to the email, a Callaway representative called and left me a voice mail asking for me to call him back. I just got in touch with him today, and guess what, he gave me the unlimited package for free! Props to Callaway for stepping up and for the great customer service!

That's awesome!! Nice to hear a couple THPers are getting seriously hooked up!

Can't wait untill this thing goes live sounds like an awesome product. Someone will have to take a video of it out on the course.

I heard from Callaway yesterday as well. They offered me the 25 course option for free in addition to the 5. In my email I told them I was planning on buying the unlimited option so giving me 25 really didn't help so they instead are giving me the unlimited package for the 25 course price which I thought was pretty cool of them to do.

Man you guys are getting hooked uuuuup! I'm personally excited about the 5 free courses, but I play about 90% of my yearly rounds on one course, so it'll work out well for me haha!

Glad to hear you guys are having luck. I am so excited for the site to go live!

Is the free addition of more than 5 courses being offered to everyone who has purchased the MX and has been waiting for the Pro Mode and website to go live?

I heard from Callaway yesterday as well. They offered me the 25 course option for free in addition to the 5. In my email I told them I was planning on buying the unlimited option so giving me 25 really didn't help so they instead are giving me the unlimited package for the 25 course price which I thought was pretty cool of them to do.

Is the free addition of more than 5 courses being offered to everyone who has purchased the MX and has been waiting for the Pro Mode and website to go live?

I'm not sure how widespread it is. I bought my unit during the first week of availability and before they announced the 5 free course deal and befoe they admited they were having technical issues so that may have something to do with it.

How's this for timing?
This morning I was looking for my GPSGOLFGURU(.com) to put it on the charger. It's not on the kitchen counter. I go out and search my bag. Nothing. So now I'm all OMG!! :crying:
Of course, the pro shop I was at last said they hadn't seen one.....go figure! Forget that my name and phone # were on a label on the front in plain sight. If I left it in a cart, I guess I will be picking up this unit next. DAMN!

hahaha...remember this conversation? your face was priceless.

I do. I am an idiot. But I will be open to switching if this works out well. I do like that the intelligreen shows the slopes of the green though

so, just asked about getting a hookup on the unlimited package

rather than do that, they are bumping up my 5 free downloads to 25...BOOM!

I would email- the dept in charge seems to be taking care of us- the phone is staffed diff people.

I got real lucky - I got my response before they had a blanket response so got the pro mode hookup.

I called and got offered the 25 course package so i dont think it matters if you call or email.

I really hope there is a firmware fix for the locking issues. The unit seems great otherwise, but it could get frustrating with it constantly locking while playing.

Has anyone heard anything from support regarding either a software or firmware update for the unit or are they mainly focused on the website?

I really hope there is a firmware fix for the locking issues. The unit seems great otherwise, but it could get frustrating with it constantly locking while playing.

Has anyone heard anything from support regarding either a software or firmware update for the unit or are they mainly focused on the website?

I have not read anything on that, although i can also tell you that I've had zero issues with mine, so maybe it's the unit?

yeah, no complaints here as long as that site gets up and running soon and delivers what they advertise

Back