So my new TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Superfast Driver arrived today

So I emailed them this morning telling them that their website is showing 1 in stock and that I am concerned that they are going to reshaft the head I send back and that I demand they drop ship me one directly from TaylorMade. He said TaylorMade is drop shipping me one UPS ground on Friday. I was like, NO NO NO, you will Fedex Priority Overnight that thing to me. Waiting for an answer. I have already waited over 8 days for this thing. I am not waiting another 5 days for something to be sent via ground shipping from CA only to have it broken again and waste more time.

haha maybe you should throw in your TP joke to see if they'll upgrade you.

Still waiting for a response from them from my last email. I am really getting heated now. I would love to cancel the order but where am I going to get this club for $199? Nowhere so I will stick it out.

So I emailed them this morning telling them that their website is showing 1 in stock and that I am concerned that they are going to reshaft the head I send back and that I demand they drop ship me one directly from TaylorMade. He said TaylorMade is drop shipping me one UPS ground on Friday. I was like, NO NO NO, you will Fedex Priority Overnight that thing to me. Waiting for an answer. I have already waited over 8 days for this thing. I am not waiting another 5 days for something to be sent via ground shipping from CA only to have it broken again and waste more time.

Worst comes to worst, you call your credit card company explain what is happening and they will almost certainly reverse the charges on the spot for fraudulent behavior on the part of the company.

Ouch...that bites!

Here is their response:

Unfortunately, we cannot have it overnighted from TaylorMade. I understand
it was not your fault and it was also not our fault. The driver was
defective cause there is no way it should of been broken that easy. I do
apologize for all the trouble and hopefully you will receive the
replacement early next week.

Really? Just sticking it in the box with no packaging protection whatsoever had nothing to do with it eh?

That is some serious BS. I'd definitely contact the CC company and try to dispute it. I guess their not just replacing the shaft though so thats a positive?

I am going to wait until I get the club. Then I am going to turn them in to TaylorMade as they are an authorized retailer. I have photo's of their shotty packaging as well as their correspondance.

That is so wrong. I would be more angry at the post office for that. Bubble wrap doesnt look like it would have saved that box....

Don't be hatin on the post office, not there fault (papa's a mailman ;) i bought my launcher off ebay only to have the head snap of it, luckily cleveland is amazing and send me a new one right away

Still waiting for a response from them from my last email. I am really getting heated now. I would love to cancel the order but where am I going to get this club for $199? Nowhere so I will stick it out.

I might know a place.. Can you really cancel it?

I really don't think it's anyone's fault. Could they have gone all crazy and wrapped the whole thing in bubble wrap? Sure. Would it have made a difference? Proabably not. Chalk it up to bad luck, once in a while something crazy like this will happen. Unfortunetly it happened to you. Good luck once you get the new driver.

First they wanted just the head and the head cover back, now after I already boxed it up and sent it, they want the shaft back also. I told them they can shove the shaft where the sun don't shine.

LOL ... nice work.

That is so bad almost makes me wonder if they aren't pulling a fast one on you. Send you a club that was already broken and make UPS pay for it. My understanding is stated (insured) value is not what was paid. They unload a broken club, get $200 from you, $300 from UPS, and a long shot, something from TM. From what I have heard from your responses I would not put it above them to do something like that. Hope I am off base.

Hey DevRickus,

It totally sucks that the shaft was delivered in that condition. I'd side with the people who mentioned that this was UPS's fault and that is where the blame should be laid. Although the retailer is responsible for getting the package there in one piece, I think there's little that could have been done on the golf shop's part to make it better. I agree bubble wrap wouldn't have mattered. Neither would the peanuts - they would have just poured out the bottom when the package was ripped open. I'm not sure how it could have been ripped apart like that - crazy.

As a golf retailer, we know that things like this happen. And it sucks. It sucks for you b/c you had expectations of getting the brand new, glorious, "I-can't-wait-to-hit-this-thing" club, and it sucks for the retailer b/c as retailers have to eat the costs sometimes, esp if we didn't insure the club for the full replacement value, AND we have to fight with UPS about their shoddy service, AND we have to deal with irate customers. I completely understand that you want your club, in new condition and not broken & I appreciate the fact that it shouldn't take more days for it to come to back to you in new, pristine condition. BUT, I'm just sayin'... It's a tough position for a retailer - they are responsible for providing customer service for a problem that was created by someone else and is out of their hands (if UPS does agree to reimburse them for the insured amount, it can take up to 3 months to get a reimbursement check). I'd say on this club - it's a great deal. Think of it as a delay for the cost - either you can wait the extra 5 days or just get 100% back and go to your local golf store to buy it for immediate-club-in-hand satisfaction.

Good luck with getting the club! Hope it works out for you!!

-Patty

That is so bad almost makes me wonder if they aren't pulling a fast one on you. Send you a club that was already broken and make UPS pay for it. My understanding is stated (insured) value is not what was paid. They unload a broken club, get $200 from you, $300 from UPS, and a long shot, something from TM. From what I have heard from your responses I would not put it above them to do something like that. Hope I am off base.

No, I did the same deal and got a brand new awesome 2.0 in two days, so I will stick up for the retailer. As I posted earlier it sick this happens but sounds like they are doing the best for you. I agree with patty and with the deal we got I struggle to see how they made money on the deal and were probably looking for increased business and word of mouth. In this case an unfortunate shipping issue dampened that.

Whoa! I'm sorry bud. I'd probably fight someone if that were me :laughing:

The package wasnt ripped open when I received it, it was basicLly 3 boxes taped together with no packaging inside. The picture I took was just to show that there was no packaging. I am trying to be as patient as possible but the lack of response from them is irritating me. I had to send the same email 3 times yesterday to get a response and every time I call the person I need to speak with isnt there. If it wasnt such a good deal I would have just gotten a refund already but I am holding out hope. For the most part they are trying to do the right thing but they are taking there sweet time to do it which is bothering me. The customer is always right and in this case they are just passing the buck off to someone else and it is bothering me. At this point it is just the principal of the matter that they said that it is not their fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't think it's anyone's fault. Could they have gone all crazy and wrapped the whole thing in bubble wrap? Sure. Would it have made a difference? Proabably not. Chalk it up to bad luck, once in a while something crazy like this will happen. Unfortunetly it happened to you. Good luck once you get the new driver.

Thats like saying i got into a car accident and was injured. If I was wearing a seat belt would I have had a better chance of not being injured, Yes. As the shipper they need to do the best they can to insure that the package will arrive safely. I understand once it leave their facility it is out of their hands but to just literally tape 3 boxes together and throw it inside is absurd.

No, I did the same deal and got a brand new awesome 2.0 in two days, so I will stick up for the retailer. As I posted earlier it sick this happens but sounds like they are doing the best for you. I agree with patty and with the deal we got I struggle to see how they made money on the deal and were probably looking for increased business and word of mouth. In this case an unfortunate shipping issue dampened that.

I understand completely and I am not suggesting this is a scam because I do not believe it to be so. I just want the damn club that I paid for... IN ONE PIECE..lol

Thats like saying i got into a car accident and was injured. If I was wearing a seat belt would I have had a better chance of not being injured, Yes. As the shipper they need to do the best they can to insure that the package will arrive safely. I understand once it leave their facility it is out of their hands but to just literally tape 3 boxes together and throw it inside is absurd.

I agree completely. Everytime I get a club/set of clubs online this is my nightmare. I am really sorry this happened to you and was it the poor shipping? We will never know. I am just glad it is getting taken care of.

I understand completely and I am not suggesting this is a scam because I do not believe it to be so. I just want the damn club that I paid for... IN ONE PIECE..lol

is that too much to ask for? haha

So update, the club was supposed to drop ship today from TaylorMade and they were going to give me tracking information. I have sent 3 emails today and called to get an update but have not received a response yet. Getting more and more angry by the minute.

Back