Cullasaja Club - Highlands, NC

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
I played in a tournament that was hosted here this past Monday. The course was designed by Arnold Palmer, another awesome Callaway staffer, and was in beautiful shape. I wouldn't consider this your traditional mountain style golf course. Not a lot of elevation changes and I think there's water on all but 2 or 3 holes.

It's fairly demanding off the tee but your approach shots must find the right section of the green or lag putting can prove to be very difficult.

I took some pictures for you guys. Enjoy.

aefcbbb6-aa5c-fefb.jpg

aefcbbb6-aa6d-b6f4.jpg

aefcbbb6-aa93-1641.jpg

aefcbbb6-aaa6-7cb9.jpg

aefcbbb6-aabb-e8fb.jpg

aefcbbb6-aace-8351.jpg

aefcbbb6-aae4-d177.jpg

aefcbbb6-ab01-4acc.jpg

aefcbbb6-ab17-f8d8.jpg

aefcbbb6-ab34-80f1.jpg

aefcbbb6-ab41-79a8.jpg

aefcbbb6-ab4f-d9ab.jpg

aefcbbb6-ab5e-23c6.jpg

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Thanks for the pics. It looks like a great track. I really want to get out and play some golf somewhere besides Florida.

Nice, tight looking course.

That's a pretty course. Does it play as tight as it looks?

That's a pretty course. Does it play as tight as it looks?

Yes, for the most part. You just have to play intelligently off the course.

Wow that is a nice looking course TC. I love a course that is carved out of a forest

Yes, for the most part. You just have to play intelligently off the course.

Cool - thanks for sharing the pics! Guessing your Mashies got a little workout.

Looks nice, I don't know much about that one.

I'll be up that way this weekend, always look forward to visiting that area!!

Awesome pics buddy! That course looks like if you are not on your straight shooting game, you could be in for a long afternoon. Beautiful course for sure.

Nice pictures TC. I love courses like that. They are a lot of fun to play.

Cool - thanks for sharing the pics! Guessing your Mashies got a little workout.

No, I didn't hit them once to be honest. It was a scramble, so I tend to just rip driver off the tee.

Great looking course, thanks for the pics TC. It reminds me of the courses around me here. One in particular called Cougar Creek that I'll be playing at the end of the month for a work tournament.

Wow TC, that looks absolutely gorgeous.

Love the pictures TC. Really makes me want to find a different style of course than I'm used too.

I see these pictures and think you workability'ed the RXT's around that course.

Beautiful course TC. So how did your team do?

Sweet course, thanks for the pics TC. I think a couple dozen balls would get me around that course.

I see these pictures and think you workability'ed the RXT's around that course.

I don't workability dude, just the good old straight ball.

Beautiful course TC. So how did your team do?

We finished 2nd out of 35 teams with a score of 59 (13 under).

Sweet course, thanks for the pics TC. I think a couple dozen balls would get me around that course.

Nah, it's not as scary as it looks duey. You'd be fine.

Theres nothing wrong with a straight ball, yoccos. The straight ball is highly underrated.

Hahaha. I love "working" the ball with my uber forgiving clubs. Some people call them unintentional mishits, I call them workables.

Theres nothing wrong with a straight ball, yoccos. The straight ball is highly underrated.

Great looking course TC. I love how it's carved out the forest and some of those elevation changes and big slopes in the fairways. I just don't get to see that in Florida. Thanks for sharing it.

Hahaha. I love "working" the ball with my uber forgiving clubs. Some people call them unintentional mishits, I call them workables.

Hookabilities are my specialty

Great looking course TC. I love how it's carved out the forest and some of those elevation changes and big slopes in the fairways. I just don't get to see that in Florida. Thanks for sharing it.

Biggsy the carved out of the forest look is my favorite type of course. I feel like you just get lost in the scenery

Biggsy the carved out of the forest look is my favorite type of course. I feel like you just get lost in the scenery
I played one of Pumpkin Ridge courses like that in Oregon. I also got to walk it. A completely different golfing experience than what I am used to. That's a real treat to play in that all the time.

Great Pics TC...there sure are some beautiful courses in them there hills of yours.

Back