Groove Rule for Nike Split Cavity

sandhu__man

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello forum world, I had a question and I'm not sure if its been addressed yet or not, if so I wouldn't mind getting moved to the proper thread...

Anyway I have VR forged Split Cavity irons (not the recent ones)...my question was are the grooves approved for tournament play for the PGA? I ask this question for a few reasons, the first being that on the PGA website where it lists all the irons that are legal for the groove rule, it has these listed as ATR (addtional testing required) and it is not a definite yes or no...Also I was looking up current nike players and what they used in tournaments this year, and I can't remember who it was or which tournament (maybe the players or HP byron), but there was a nike staff player that used the split cavities this year...

My tour has not started the groove rule yet, but it is putting it in for the 2012 season which worries me because I don't think I can afford to buy new irons at the moment. Also is there any way to get grooves fixed to meet the new requirements?

Hello forum world, I had a question and I'm not sure if its been addressed yet or not, if so I wouldn't mind getting moved to the proper thread...

Anyway I have VR forged Split Cavity irons (not the recent ones)...my question was are the grooves approved for tournament play for the PGA? I ask this question for a few reasons, the first being that on the PGA website where it lists all the irons that are legal for the groove rule, it has these listed as ATR (addtional testing required) and it is not a definite yes or no...Also I was looking up current nike players and what they used in tournaments this year, and I can't remember who it was or which tournament (maybe the players or HP byron), but there was a nike staff player that used the split cavities this year...

My tour has not started the groove rule yet, but it is putting it in for the 2012 season which worries me because I don't think I can afford to buy new irons at the moment. Also is there any way to get grooves fixed to meet the new requirements?

Unless there is a "V10" marked on your irons somewhere then no they do not conform to the new groove rule, and the only Nike staffer still gaming the VR split cavities is Joseph Bramlett I believe, if the irons were made by Nike pre VR Pro line then it must have a "V10" on the irons to be conforming to the new groove rule.

Unless there is a "V10" marked on your irons somewhere then no they do not conform to the new groove rule, and the only Nike staffer still gaming the VR split cavities is Joseph Bramlett I believe, if the irons were made by Nike pre VR Pro line then it must have a "V10" on the irons to be conforming to the new groove rule.

thanks a lot...that really sucks I thought I found a loop hole in the groove rule..lol..damn...

sorry bro

Back