2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
fyi the double rate after taxes and fees are about $250/night for those setting cash aside

That is actually not correct. When you get the confirmation email it states there are taxes and resort fees but those are all waived for our group. So your total per night is $207.50 with all taxes and resort fees included. The only additional fee you will receive is the one time $10 porterage fee. That fee goes to the bellmen for taking care of your bags, including golf bag, during your stay.

Mike - Even though the person I talked to at Grand Cypress said it was $207.50 + Taxes and Resort Fees too, GG told me earlier that they have a contract saying the Resort Fee and Taxes should be included in the $207.50.

awesome, more money for adult beverages!

That is actually not correct. When you get the confirmation email it states there are taxes and resort fees but those are all waived for our group. So your total per night is $207.50 with all taxes and resort fees included. The only additional fee you will receive is the one time $10 porterage fee. That fee goes to the bellmen for taking care of your bags, including golf bag, during your stay.

hey GG i still havent gotten my confirmation email from them, i called to get the confirmation number but still havent got the email with all the info.

hey GG i still havent gotten my confirmation email from them, i called to get the confirmation number but still havent got the email with all the info.

When you called did you get your confirmation number? If not I would go ahead and call again. I am sure things have slowed down for them now.

You must of had Karen too. check your Spam just in case because she said she was sending everybody at the same time... At least you got the number

When you called did you get your confirmation number? If not I would go ahead and call again. I am sure things have slowed down for them now.

yes i emailed you the confirmation number, i was just wanting the email with all the info for my records. Ill give them till morning before i call again.

This looks like a lot of fun, but it seems like most of the people who go already know everyone. How often do you guys have a random show up that doesn't really know anyone?

I'm in!!!!! Look out THP, TheDue is in the house. Hope I don't gain any weight, I'm starting my packing tonight, hehe.

yes i emailed you the confirmation number, i was just wanting the email with all the info for my records. Ill give them till morning before i call again.

Yes, you did. It's been a really long day, sorry.

This looks like a lot of fun, but it seems like most of the people who go already know everyone. How often do you guys have a random show up that doesn't really know anyone?

It's actually the opposite. Most people that go don't know anyone yet. Right now, the sing up consists of 80% new people and 20% repeat outing attendees.

I'm in!!!!! Look out THP, TheDue is in the house. Hope I don't gain any weight, I'm starting my packing tonight, hehe.

Good deal Duey...I'll be there to help you find your winning tickets :act-up:

Confirmed. I have 11 months to learn how to cook, specifically eggs.
Why eggs?? Breakfast is included!!

Unless youre learning to make egg salad sandwiches for everyones lunch?? lol

Hey Bomb,

Although there's a lot of banter on the threads, a lot of newbies go too. My husband and I were newbies. My husband wasn't on the boards at all b/f we went. He had a fantastic time. Perhaps b/c there is such a strong southern and mid-western contingency - but everyone is super-friendly and nice. Also, b/c I was (still am) pregnant at the last Outing, we went off property to eat and didn't hang with everyone at the bar (no drinking for me), but I still had a great time and met a lot of people. There are a few people I never met at all (regretfully), but not knowing anyone should NOT deter you from signing up. Truly some of the nicest people around are on THP. Most people leave their egos as home and just have a great time. There's some serious golf, but there are those of us that also pick up our balls when it gets ugly. If you're thinking you'd like to go - you really should. It's a unique, irreplaceable experience.

-Patty

Good deal Duey...I'll be there to help you find your winning tickets :act-up:

Haha, I'll need all your help again this time buddy. Can't wait to see you again.

We were all newbies at one time. Joining in on the THP outing just makes the website even better. THP does all the pairings so you get to meet different people every day and it is a blast. THP has become like family to us because we have met so many people in person. I know there were a lot of new people this year and I feel I made some really good friends in the new group and loved seeing the old ones I made the year before. It's definitely a trip to remember! No need to be shy because EVERYONE was just super friendly and put you at ease right away.

My first outing was Sept 2010. I knew nobody. That was the first for many of the 50 people there. It was a great time. Sure I knew a good portion of the people that attended this last one and will know even more for this one. I met a bunch of new people at this past outing, and it was great. Everyone is random at some point. Outings are great, you get to hang out and everyone is friendly and personable.

Duey is in!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!! We missed you this year.

Get signed up!! I am a THP outing virgin until May 2012. My wife will be with me (non-golfer) but looking forward to an awesome experience and meeting some great people!!

You will quickly meet everyone in attendance at this outing. I made the fall one last year and very few of us knew each other, yet I feel like I've made lifelong friends through my time there. These people are salt of the earth, everyday Joe's, I promise you will have a great time.

tons of first timers going, we got 11 months to learn chat it up beforehand too!

Damn DueDoo, you got yourself, Bama, & Chunky Lover all shooting for golf travel bag inspector of the year award!!! We must have pictures of each of you in your prospective golf travel bags for the forum to vote on a winner.

Duey is in!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!! We missed you this year.

Lol, I missed all of you. Can't wait to see you all there, started taking my vitamins today, haha

I was at the very first one Outing and you should have seen how everyone was a bit nervous haiving never met before and THP still being relatively new. After about two minutes it was blast and after about 30 mins you felt you knew eveyone there for a year.

Those have any apprenhesions should get rid of that feeling. You are going to be surrounded by people who love golf just as much as you do. You will have the two best hosts on earth in JB and GG. You will not meet a stranger.

Look forward to seeing eveyone.

SMG

Damn DueDoo, you got yourself, Bama, & Chunky Lover all shooting for golf travel bag inspector of the year award!!! We must have pictures of each of you in your prospective golf travel bags for the forum to vote on a winner.

Sweet, we have enough Oompa-Lompa's to put on a good rendition of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. :banana:

Glad all three of you all are on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back