What did you win playing golf?

KellyBo

Golf, Have Fun or Quit!
Reaction score
I've been lucky this month and thought it would be fun to have a thread about what you won playing golf. Here's what I won this month.

Yonex Ezone Driver at THP Outing

2nd place in our Wed night 2 person scramble (twice) - $40 cash

Door prize at scramble - $27.50 Gift card to Old Clinton Barbeque

A couple months ago I won $90 gift card to the pro shop at a Jekyll Island golf course after coming in 7th place out of 121 teams in a 2 person team tournament.

What have you won?

Last edited:
Nada...zip...zilch.

Perhaps that will change at the 2012 outing if not sooner.

6 Penta golf balls ......Does that count.:D I didnt want to feel left out

Last weekend I played in a league skins event. Because of my high handicap I ended up winning a few skins. I hit some good shots on some of the highest handicapped holes on the course and after applying my handicap I ended up with hole-in-ones on those holes. I walked away w/ $22.

$50 Giftcard from Pro Shop 1st Place COBA Gross
4 Rounds @ Willow Lake Mulligan Prize
$100 Longhorn GC, Dozen Srixon ZStar, Polo Shirt & Hat 1st Place in Customer Appreciation Outing

$50 Giftcard from Pro Shop 1st Place COBA Gross
4 Rounds @ Willow Lake Mulligan Prize
$100 Longhorn GC, Dozen Srixon ZStar, Polo Shirt & Hat 1st Place in Custom Appreciation Outing

Wow, nice haul!

I won 5 bucks yesterday in my league skins game. Another guy split the skins with me from last week. I have a good chance for next week I had 3 pars yesterday so hopefully those will hold up for some cash.

Nothing yet, but hopefully that will change in the company tourney tomorrow

I've won some $$$ over the years playing skins and I've also handed over many dollars as well. I've won a few clubs over the years in various events, won some lawn furniture and a large chest type tool box a couple of years ago in scrambles. I had a eagle just last week in skins that resulted in $55.

I have won a bit of money playing in my Thursday league. I have won 3 putters from THP (not for playing though). I won a free round of golf playing a scramble with the Calloways.

Last year I was very lucky! I won a TM R9 Supertri for our team coming in 2nd place at a customer appreciation type of tournament. I traded it for a SuperDeep through my work. Hopefully I get invited back this year, the course, food, drinks, service, and prizes were AMAZING. Best tournament I've ever played in.

Also I've won a couple hundred dollars cash in our men's club, and $50 book money at a Pro-am in April.

Cameron Hills Men's League Champion '09, Several 1st/2nd/3rd's in captain's choice tourneys, Skins $, Balls/free rounds as door prizes.

The last tournament I played in (a few years back), I won closest to the hole (about 15") and got $160. Before that, in the same annual tournament, I won longest putt and won a wedge.

Won a couple bucks in the tournament series I play in but last year at the Travelers Championship I won a brand new 60* Vokey wedge for chipping in from about 40 yards onto a miniature umbrella hole (They have a giant floating umbrella in the pond between 15, 16 and 17 at TPC River Highlands during the tournament that all the pro's try to hit after coming off of 15 for a chance at $10k for charity - called hole 15 1/2).

It was actually an awesome time because I had my USA soccer jersey on because they were playing that day, and I got the entire crowd in the "fan zone" to chant U-S-A! U-S-A! a few times.

usually only lunch is on the line. (hot dog and drink)

I dont seem to win anything, hoping that changes this weekend!

Just a little cash.

$60 for one skin in a Golf Channel amatuer tournament last year.

That's about it...

Wow I have had a pretty lucky year so far.

I have won a Yonex Ezone Driver at THP Outing. oh my bad that was KellyBo's almost ole gray's prize and will be soon :D.

I won a ball drop at a local scramble tournament and picked up $115.00 bucks which I split with my step son.

My partner and I won the local 2 person nine hole scramble last evening with a six under par round and picked up $60.00 bucks.

Yep life is good :banana:

it seems I'm doing more donating than anythnig else so far this year thuogh I did win a skin for $40 last week. Over the years I've won a good amout of prizes. The best ever was a few years back at a charity outing I got super lucky and won the long drive hole, $450 in the 50/50, a pair of Dry Joys, a Burton golf bag, a Yale CC golf bag, a round for 4 at Yale CC and a round for 4 at a nearby CC. I was the only one in my group who bought ticket but I took them to both rounds that I won anyway. Oh and I gave back the 2 bags to give others a chance to win.

$11 in skins. Used to haul in a ton of stuff with my old job. There was a tournament every week.

This month:

-Dozen Pro V1's
-20.00 Gift Card to the pro shop (which I am saving til the end of the year until I accumulate more)
-Titleist Backpack
-Callaway Hat

Some good stuff getting won. Way to go!

Won:
$30 shop credit for 3rd in May
$14 skins in May
$20 shop credit for a T4 last week

Lost
$2 to buddy in $3 nassau with $1 birdies, this past Sunday

Won: My Confidence.
Lost: My Sanity.

Back